Keats described autumn as ‘season of mists and mellow fruitfulness’. It is the time when most of the destinations around the world flaunt perfect colors. Wrapped in shades of green, azure, and brown, the best honeymoon destinations in September are primarily about beaches and mountains!
While choosing a honeymoon destination, borders become insignificant and fascination takes the front seat. That’s when the best of mountains, beaches, safaris, and all wonderful experiences flash before your eyes. Love breeds in the lap of nature at these places and moments account for a long-lasting celebration.
Time to go on a recce of fascinating honeymoon destinations where September month adorns the setting!
Popular island & beach honeymoon destinations in September
1. Bali – Because Southeast Asia is true love!
A popular city in Indonesia and world-class honeymoon destination, Bali is known for its lazy beaches, temples, amazing seafood, stunning sunsets, and spas overlooking the ocean. September is the time when moderate temperature makes the water activity and leisure beach activity more fun.
Club it with some experiential romantic dining and water villa stays, and you get an unprecedented romantic honeymoon experience. For perfect honeymoon vacations, there are options like customized dining on a cruise or a cave dinner that would leave you awestruck! Indonesia is the place to go on a honeymoon in September.
Average temperature in Bali in September: 27° Celsius
Romantic activities for honeymooners in Bali:
- Enjoy a high tea at Le Jardins, Metis
- Take a helicopter ride over Bali
- Go for a momentous stroll through marigold fields in Kintamani and Bedugal
- Explore Gunung Payung the secluded beach in Nusa Dua
- Unwind in the infinity pools along the ocean
- Watch a beachside movie at Karma Beach
- Take a 2-hour romantic horseback ride at Bali Equestrian Centre
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Bali: Kamuela Villas Seminyak, Bisma Eight Ubud, The Edge, and Tugu Hotel
Looking To Book An International Honeymoon?
Book memorable honeymoon on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.
2. Sri Lanka – With love, from the Indian Ocean!
September is the time when the first shower of the Sri Lankan monsoon is over and the island looks beautiful than ever. The post monsoon freshness in the air, sprawling tea estates, inviting beaches, and lots of attractions around make Sri Lanka one of the best honeymoon destinations in September. But it’s not the whole of the island nation that you can go and explore at this time. East Coast of Sri Lanka is perfect for a romantic outing during September.
Places like Passekudah, Trincomalee, Arugam Bay, Batticaloa, Nilaveli, and Kuchchaveli become beautiful than ever. Some exceptional beach resorts and stunning beaches await you there. September is the month for Sri Lanka honeymoon!
Average temperature in Sri Lanka in September: 28° Celsius
Romantic activities for honeymooners in Sri Lanka:
- Hike at Pidurangala Rock in Dambulla
- Take a romantic safari in Minneriya National Park
- Explore tranquilizing beaches of Arugam Bay, Nilaveli, and Uppuveli – they have perfect secluded spots as well as offerings in the form of photogenic spots and activities
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Sri Lanka: The Danish Villa, Palm Paradise Cabanas, and The Paradise Resort & Spa – there are plenty of lovely beach resorts in Sri Lanka.
3. Fiji – Beautiful are the corals and so are you!
Palm lined beaches adorned with turquoise waters, white sand, corals, and the warm weather conditions make Fiji an ideal honeymoon destination in September. Occasional showers can be experienced otherwise the weather conditions are perfect to take water activities.
Make your September honeymoon all the more romantic with a private dinner for just the two of you. A romantic date in the ‘Soft Coral Capital of the World’ looks fascinating!
Average temperature in Fiji in September: 29° Celsius
Romantic activities for honeymooners in Fiji:
- Gift her the stunning black pearl set from Savusavu
- Savor the traditional Lovo Feast
- Stay in a thatched roof Fijian Bure
- Experience the Kava ceremony
- Explore the calm and secluded beaches and multiple beach activities
- Take a helicopter ride to Wadigi Island and stay in one of its clifftop suites to experience the privacy at its best
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Fiji: Likuliku Lagoon Resort, Yasawa Island Resort & Spa, and Tokoriki Island Resort
4. Greece – The best of a Mediterranean honeymoon
With lovely 10 hours of pleasant sunshine a day, Greece is undisputedly one of the most tempting honeymoon vacations spots! The city coated in white and azure is the best honeymoon destination in September, all thanks to the mild weather, which makes roaming around fun. Bask in the beauty and the glory of islands, beaches, and vibrant alleys of Greece.
Average temperature in Greece in September: 25° Celsius
Romantic activities for honeymooners in Greece:
- Go for a cruise ride in the waters of Aegean Sea
- Take a romantic stroll in the gardens of Mon Repos Palace
- Behold the iconic sunset view in Oia
- Watch the ancient ruins in Athens
- Romantic dinner on a cliff restaurant overlooking the ocean in Santorini
- Stay in a cave house
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Greece: Astra Suites, Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete, Avithos Resort, and Santorini Kastelli Resort
5. Kenya – Not just the safari; it’s the beaches too!
The beautiful land of Kenya is known all over the world for its exciting wildlife, bushes, and safaris, but there is also a lesser known Kenya you haven’t heard of! There are stunning white sand beaches in Kenya towards the east coast of Africa that become perfect vacations spots in September.
Places like Tamarind Dhow, Rift Valley, and Nairobi are ideal honeymoon places where you have all the props to ante up your honeymoon game. A stay at beach resorts in Kenya means you get to choose from a multitude of romantic, elegant, and luxe places.
Average temperature in Kenya in September: 20° Celsius
Romantic activities for honeymooners in Kenya:
- Romance and relax in secluded spots by the beach
- Go for romantic walks in KWS Safari Walk located in Nairobi National Park
- Pay a visit to Manda Island to bask in the tranquility
- Savor the best wines
- Enjoy live music by Hez Miranda at The Brasserie at Hemingways
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Kenya: The Maji Beach Boutique Hotel, The Charming Lonno Lodge, Fairview Hotel, Fairmont – The Norfolk, and Mawe Resort
Popular mountain honeymoon destinations in September
6. Italy – Italian Alps calling!
For couples looking for best honeymoon destinations in September, Italy is the magical combo of mountains and deserts that would leave you drenched in romantic vibes. Cities of Venice, Sicily, Rome, and Capri have lovely monsoon weather that makes them ideal for honeymooners.
Also, the beaches during September in this part of the world are less crowded and at times deserted. Italian honeymoon is a perfect match for September.
Average temperature in Italy in September: 27° Celsius
Romantic activities for honeymooners in Italy:
- Go sunset viewing with a glass of wine and savor exceptional views from Piazzale Michelangelo
- Take a romantic cruise ride in Arno river
- Go cliff hiking on the Amalfi coast
- Take a walk along the Arno river to explore the autumn colors
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Italy: Portrait Roma, Al Ponte Antico, Belmond Villa St. Michele, and Casa Angelina
Planning your honeymoon but confused about where to go? These honeymoon stories help you find your best honeymoon trip ever!
Real honeymooners. Real stays. Real opinions to help you make the right choice.
7. Ireland – Greenery, glacier, gorgeousness, glee – all in one place!
Towards the pole, Ireland makes the best honeymoon destination in September with its sweeping views and majestic spectacles. Ireland’s stunning beauty and sheer charm would take your breath away. Galway and Dublin have most of the attractions that are a must visit for honeymooners.
Be it feasting on the majestic nature or staying in a lodge tucked into the cliff staring right into the sunrise, Ireland has a prolonged list of romantic activities lined up for honeymooners visiting the place. The long evenings in Ireland account for a wonderful romantic time!
Tip: Don’t forget to attend the Galway Oyster Festival in September.
Average temperature in Ireland in September: 12° Celsius
Romantic activities for honeymooners in Ireland:
- Kiss her amidst the sea of Bluebells at Belle Isle Estate in Fermanagh
- Stay in a lodge on the shores of Loch Ness
- Visit a private island off the coast of Argyll
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Ireland: Batty Langley Lodge, The Croke Park, The Westin Dublin, The Morrison, and Killeen House Hotel
8. Spain – Alpines, romantic stays, and imperial aura
A popular mountain getaway, Spain transforms the most coveted honeymoon destinations in September to serve as ideal romantic sojourns. Barcelona, Madrid, and Cordoba are particularly hot favorites that keep honeymooners indulged in exquisite offerings. The Andalusian ski resort is the place for thrill seekers.
Average temperature in Spain in September: 28° Celsius
Romantic activities for honeymooners in Spain:
- Catch the awesome spectacle from Castell Montjuic, also known as mountain of Jews
- Go for a romantic dining in the remote mountains in Mallorca
- De-stress at Hammam Al Andalus Arab Baths in Córdoba
- Catch the breathtaking sunset views from Alhambra Palace
- Go Skiing at the Sierra Nevada
- Stay in a Bohemian style architecture
- Take a long drive in one of the vintage cars of Barcelona
- Attend Les Festes de la Mercè festival – the largest street party in Spain
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Spain: Hotel Arts Barcelona, Hotel Casa Camper, Hotel Espana, and H10 Casa Mimosa
9. South Africa – Here you begin the adventure of a lifetime
When in South Africa, go whaling! Hermanus, Cape Town, vast forest, and wildlife safaris make South Africa a hot honeymoon destination in September. The lukewarm climate, and passing showers set up the tone to explore the Cape Peninsula, which makes it the best time to experience the amazing biodiversity of the African land. Hey, don’t forget to go on a wine tasting tour amidst the vast vineyards.
A trip to this one of the best honeymoon destinations in September is all you need to make it a memorable rendezvous.
Tip: September is the time for Hermanus Whale Festival in Africa! Don’t miss it!!
Average temperature in South Africa in September: 14° Celsius
Romantic activities for honeymooners in South Africa:
- Explore the Umi and Paranga beaches at Camp’s Bay
- Take a romantic road trip across The Garden Route
- Hike across the Table Mountain National Park
- Go whale watching at Hermanus
- Enjoy a safari ride in Kruger National Park
Romantic stays for honeymooners in South Africa: The Table Bay Hotel, One & Only Cape Town, The Fairmont Zimbali Lodge, and Lions Sands Game Reserve
10. Morocco – The mountain escape experts never told you about
Honeymoon in Morocco comprises of class, elegance, and experience belonging to prehistoric times. September is special when the Roman ruins, laid-back retreats in the Atlas mountains, and ancient cities look fresh, vibrant, and make a perfect spectacle with the mellow weather around. Exploring the city and enjoying the desert activities is as pleasant as it gets.
Sip on the lemon tea, which also happens to be a traditional welcome drink in Morocco, take a romantic trek across the dunes of Sahara desert, or book a quiet retreat tucked in the imposing heights of the Atlas Mountains, Morocco has it all. September is the time to plan an escape there.
Average temperature in Morocco in September: 27° Celsius
Romantic activities for honeymooners in Morocco:
- Catch the beautiful sunrise and starlit sunsets from a sand dune
- Stay in Asni town
- Explore Draa Valley
- Ride a camel through the Sahara Desert
- Go horse riding in the seaside town of Essaouira,
- Hike through the Djebel Toubkal
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Morocco: Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, La Mamounia Palace Hotel, and Le Maison Arabe
Let these honeymoon destinations in September tend to all your needs and may you plan a successful bespoke honeymoon! Amen!!
Further Read: 15 Magical Autumn Honeymoon Places For Newlywed Couples
Looking To Book Your Honeymoon Package?
Book memorable honeymoon on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.