Of course, both! Right?
The clash of the two gorgeous destinations – Maldives vs Seychelles for honeymoon – is much like the popular Greek mythological clash between Hera and Aphrodite. It is hard to say for sure as to who, or in this case which destination, is more alluring. And they rightly say, “Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.” For it has to be your decision, dear readers, to choose Maldives or Seychelles for honeymoon.
To begin with, we have good news. The Indian Ocean islands of Maldives and Seychelles have all the ingredients of a perfect tropical island honeymoon, but each remains to be unique in its own way. And these distinctions are what will be the ones that will help you decide upon a destination for an international honeymoon.
But before we go on differentiating between the two, let us quickly scan through the similarities.
Similarity between Maldives and Seychelles
Both Maldives & Seychelles are located in the Indian Ocean.
Maldives is located in the Indian Ocean, southwest of India and Sri Lanka. Seychelles is located further southwest, northeast of Madagascar. So, these destinations are perfect for those traveling from India, other parts of Southeast Asia, Africa, and even Europe as there is not going to be a drastic difference in the time zone.
Maldives Honeymoon Packages On TravelTriangle
Romance on paradise island of Maldives. Go on a snorkeling trip, visit the coral islands, go fishing, or explore the sandy beaches. Honeymoon packages at best rates. Get customized honeymoon deals from expert agents on TravelTriangle. Book Now!
Both Maldives & Seychelles enjoy a tropical monsoon climate.
What ‘tropical monsoon’ typically means is that the year-round average temperature is above 18° C and there is decent amount of rainfall year-round.
Both Maldives & Seychelles offer ‘Free’ VISA-on-arrival.
For both the destinations, the tourist VISA is for up to 30 days for all; provided:
- They have a valid passport with at least 6-months’ validity.
- They have a valid return ticket with a date less than 30 days from the day of arrival.
- They have enough funds to cover for the expenses during their time of visit.
Needless to point out, but both offer extreme levels of luxury for the honeymooners.
Both Maldives and Seychelles are downright luxurious. There are lavish accommodations, chic diners, luxurious transfers, and more. And what’s more, the costs of the honeymoon packages in Seychelles and Maldives are almost similar.
How much does a honeymoon in Maldives cost? 1.6 Lacs per couple (5N/6D stay + Flights)
How much does a honeymoon in Seychelles cost? 1.5 Lacs per couple (5N/6D stay + Flights)
And there’s not much difference between the currency conversion either.
- Maldivian Rufiyaa: 1 MVR = 4.33 INR
- Seychellois Rupee: 1 SCR = 4.91 INR
Suggested Read: 10 Luxury Honeymoon Destinations In The World
Though Maldives and Seychelles are very-much like in other aspects as well, but there are certain distinctions that will help you choose your pick for honeymoon.
Maldives vs Seychelles For Honeymoon: Make your choice
1. Choose the landscape and the views that you want to enjoy on your honeymoon.
Geography of Maldives
The archipelago of Maldives consists of about 1,190 coral islands grouped in a double-chain of 26 atolls. There are amazing ring-shaped coral reefs and thin sand bars & white sand beaches in Maldives. Though there are no hills in the entire group, some of the islands have sand dunes that can reach up to 2.4 meters above the sea level.
Geography of Seychelles
Seychelles consists of 115 islands that are known for its beaches, coral reefs, natural reserves, and rare wildlife such as giant Aldabra tortoises. There are the inner islands that are granitic in nature that have verdant peaks, forests, and beautiful beaches. The outer islands are coralline in nature and are perfect for watersports.
2. Your choice of destination may vary on your time of visit.
Best time to visit Maldives for honeymoon
January to March is the best time to visit Maldives for honeymoon. The months of November, December, and April are also appropriate for a romantic honeymoon in Maldives. The temperatures in these months vary between 25° C and 31° C.
Best time to visit Seychelles for honeymoon
Though it is a year-round destination, the best time to visit Seychelles for honeymoon can be decided on basis of the activities you wish to do with your beloved:
- Snorkeling and scuba diving: April to May and October to November are the best months to try snorkeling
- Surfing: May to September is the best time to try surfing
- Bird-watching: Visit Seychelles between April and October for bird watching
- Fishing: October to April is perfect for fishing
3. Choose the attractions that you wish to visit.
Places to visit in Maldives on honeymoon
Maldives has islands, beaches, and coral reefs. The sightseeing tours of the places to visit in Maldives also include religious places and historical places.
- Islands in Maldives: Alimatha, Rangali, Maafushi, Hulhulé, Hulhumalé, and Cocoa islands are some of the popular islands in Maldives for honeymoon.
- Beaches in Maldives:Bikini Beach, Reethi Beach, Fulhadhoo, Vaadhoo, and Dusti Thani are the most romantic beaches in Maldives.
- Historical places in Maldives: Mulee-aage Palace, National Museum, Theemuge Palace, Tsunami Monument, and Sultan Park are some the places that couples must visit; especially if they are history buffs.
- Religious places in Maldives: Coral mosques of Maldives are in the UNESCO’s list of world heritage sites. Of these, the Malé Hukuru Miskiy is the most famous one.
- Coral reefs in Maldives: Maldives is known for its atolls and coral reefs. The HP Reef and the Banana Reef are the most popular ones.
Places to visit in Seychelles on honeymoon
Much like that of Maldives, the long list of places to visit in Seychelles includes beaches, islands, and monuments. And then there are forests and other attractions for the nature lovers.
- Islands in Seychelles: Mahé, Praslin, La Digue, Cousine, Moyenne, Silhouette, Aldabra, and Fregate islands are best honeymoon destinations in Seychelles.
- Beaches in Seychelles: Anse Lazio, Anse Georgette, Anse Source D’Argent, Beau Vallon, and Anse Intendance are the most romantic beaches in Seychelles.
- Tourist attractions in Seychelles for the nature lovers: Nature lovers will enjoy themselves in the UNESCO’s world heritage site of Vallée de Mai National Park, Sainte Anne Marine National Park, and Morne Seychellois National Park.
- Tourist attractions in Seychelles for history & art lovers: Cathedral of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception, Little Ben Clock Tower, Seychelles Natural History Museum, and Domaine de Val des Prés (Craft Village)are must-visit attractions.
4. The outdoor activities offered could be another selection criterion.
Romantic things to do in Maldives
Maldives has a plethora of romantic activities to offer. Couples can go for snorkeling or scuba diving and explore the beautiful coral reefs. For those who are afraid of diving directly, there are submarine tours to explore the depths of the beautiful waters. And that’s not all. The list of water sports in Maldives is a never-ending one.
And then there are beaches along which couples can relax, walk, or sunbathe. Night tours of bioluminescent beaches are also very romantic. Furthermore, couples can indulge in romantic couple spa therapies, sunset cruise tours, island hopping tours, and undersea dining at Ithaa Undersea Restaurant. Even the transfers are romantic. Boats, kayaks, cruises, seaplanes (air taxis), and private yachts provide romantic experiences.
Planning your honeymoon in Maldives but confused about what to do? These Maldives honeymoon stories help you find your best honeymoon trip ever!
Real honeymooners. Real stays. Real opinions to help you make the right choice.
Things to do in Seychelles on honeymoon
The list of best things to do in Seychelles is an exhaustive one. For a romantic experience, couples can go island hopping in yachts, sunbathe on the gorgeous beaches, or snorkel through the beautiful waters.
Also, there are nature trails through the Vallee de Mai and Morne National Park. And let’s not forget the spa therapies in the resorts and the awesome views from these stay options.
For inter and intra island commuting, there are heli-taxis, catamaran ferries, buses, ox-carts, cabs, and even cycles. And each of these can be romantic modes of commuting within Seychelles.
5. You can also plan your trip to Maldives or Seychelles for Honeymoon based on the stay options.
Places to stay in Maldives for honeymoon
Though budget properties have started opening up in the last few years, but it is the private island resorts and the over water villas in Maldives that offer the best stay experience in the archipelago. These include Gili Lankanfushi, Six Senses Laamu, Conrad, Shangri La’s Villingili Resort & Spa, Baros, and Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru.
Must Read: 10 Best Resorts in Maldives For Honeymoon
Best hotels in Seychelles for honeymoon
There is a vast range of hotels and resorts in Seychelles of all budget sizes and styles. There are beach-facing resorts, guest houses, and lavish cottages that the honeymooners can choose from.
- 5-star resorts in Seychelles: Four Seasons Resort (Mahé), Enchanted Island Resort (Round Island), and Paradise Sun (Praslin)
- 4-star resorts in Seychelles: Constance Ephelia Resort (Mahé), Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa (Silhouette Island), and Le Domaine de L’Orangeraie (La Digue)
- 3-star resorts in Seychelles: Valmer Resort (Mahé), Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino (Mahé), and Acajou Beach Resort (Praslin)
So, have you decided your honeymoon destination yet? Once you have done, start planning your honeymoon vacation.
Looking To Book An International Honeymoon?
Book memorable honeymoon on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.