CHENNAI– Is it even a tourist destination? Why would you even think about going there unless you have a dagger hanging over your head?
Nope, oh no, not Chennai! I can give you a 100 reasons why you should never visit that forsaken place. But here’s a short compilation for a quick read through.
1. It’s only like the most underdeveloped metro city in India
South Weekend Holiday Packages On TravelTriangle
A trip to South India has a lot to offer – from tranquillity of forests to charm of sizzling beaches and from lost kingdoms to chills of a hill station. Visit Kerala, Voorg, Ooty, Mysore, or Kodaikanal. Book holiday packages inclusive of airport transfers, cab, resort, sightseeing, and meals.
2. The entire place is so crowded, you won’t find room to set foot!
3. And the Locals, they’re just plain rude!
4. Yep, just look at their faces, vicious! (Haven’t you seen ‘Chennai Express’?)
5. A big no-no for foreign tourists!
6. Local people there speak no other language except for Tamil! You’ll get no help when needed.
7. They only eat Dosa, and spaghetti with Dahi (Shah ruk Khan’s favourite in Ra One, remember?)
8. The Chennaites have no sense of music at all!
9. Oh yea, culture is the most unimpressive aspect of the place!
10. There are no historical establishments!
11. Absolutely intolerant city with no diversity at all
12. Nothing you’d want to take home from Chennai! Sad shopping scene
The land of Kanjeevaram silk
Further Read: Top 11 Shopping Destinations in India
13. Not to mention the non-existent nightlife. The city goes to sleep after sun down!
Further Read: India’s Most Insane Music Festivals
14. If you’re thinking some hip activity takes place every now and then, you’re highly mistaken!
Ashish Shakya, famous stand-up comic at an event in Chennai
15. A place so horrible, I wonder who would want to stay there
16. So, obviously it is advisable for you to never ever, ever, ever, I mean never visit Chennai!
Hang on now! So, are you saying that Chennai isn’t that bad as you use to think? In fact, it’s like one of the coolest metropolitans in the country and you’d like to go there for a trip?
Well, then you’re right because, Chennai indeed is one of the most wonderful cities in India and you’ll have to see it to believe it! It’s the only city in South Asia and India to figure in the “52 places to go around the world” by The New York Times and named as one of the top ten cities in the world to visit in 2015 by Lonely Planet.
But, YANNA RASCALLA! If you’re still holding on to your stereotypes, we’ll have to report this to The Thalaiva!
Further Read: 15 Mesmerizing Hill Stations in South India
Looking To Book A Holiday Package?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.