Famed as the Land of Gods, Uttarakhand is an abode to renowned pilgrimage sites. Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath are the four main sacred sites that have immense importance for all souls that seek salvation. Every year pilgrims from all over the world visit Uttarakhand and head on a tranquil journey on which they pay a visit to all the four pilgrimage sites. Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, Char Dham Yatra opens for all pilgrims and finally, you can witness these gorgeous sites in Uttarakhand. If you are enthusiastic about heading on this soul-stirring journey, then here are all the guidelines that you should keep in mind for traveling safely during the uncertain times of Coronavirus.
Guidelines For The Pilgrimage
The Uttarakhand government in June allowed the residents of the state to head on the pilgrimage with e-passes but recently Ravinath Raman, the chief executive officer of Char Dham Devasthanam Board declared that Char Dham Yatra opens for all pilgrims. Here are the guidelines that you must be aware of!
- Pilgrims from containment zones within the state are not allowed to visit the holy places.
- A negative Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR ) result is mandatory.
- The test should have been conducted within the last 72 hours.
- Devotees who have already completed their quarantine period after visiting the state can also head on this Yatra.
- Avoid touching the idols while visiting the temples.
- According to the latest SOPs, tourists have to register first on the Char Dham Devasthanam Board and upload their identity cards and negative test report.
- Pilgrims can apply for e-permit from the portal on their mobile phones.
- All devotees can visit Uttarakhand with the mandatory documents like photo and address identification proof.
The locals in Uttarakhand believe that this journey is a life-changing experience and every individual should take it at least once in their life. Now that Chota Char Dham Yatra opens for all pilgrims, you must plan your Uttarakhand vacation right away! If some soul searching is on your mind and you want to start afresh then the Char Dham Yatra is the perfect opportunity for you. To make the most of your journey and to be safe, practice social distancing at all times and do carry your travel essentials i.e sanitizer, gloves, mask, and a negative COVID-19 test report.
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own rights to any of the images and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.