Venture to Andhra Pradesh, where the coastal plains and proximity to the Bay of Bengal beckons travelers to an aesthetic, ever-evolving world that is marked by its stupas, temples, and unique culinary flavors. It’s here travelers can visit Hyderabad’s landmark Charminar, the bustling port of Visakhapatnam, and the spiritually evocative shrines of Tirupati. This post-covid travel guide to Andhra Pradesh highlights more. Travel to any of the cities or towns and people-watch, an activity that will bring you a deeper understanding of any place in the world, but in Andhra, it will also bring you some fascinating insights about the state that you won’t be able to find in any guide or gallery.
The Covid-19 pandemic in Andhra Pradesh halted this magical bustle for months, but now the government is focusing on the safe and secure recovery of the tourism sector by attracting the influx of tourists. The priority is the health of its people and the travelers, the non-negotiable factor in the reopening.
Read below for a detailed post-Covid travel guide to Andhra Pradesh for your post-pandemic travel planning.
Andhra Pradesh Travel Advisory During Covid-19
According to the Unlock 5.0 guidelines issued by the state department, the continued effort to resume tourist operations is ongoing while prioritizing the health of travelers and residents. From cinemas to amusement parks, most attractions in the state are operating limited capacity and hours to make sure that the visitors can enjoy their excursions safely. Here is a list of the latest travel advisory issued by the state government of Andhra Pradesh under the new stage of reopening:
- Passengers entering the border from any other state/UT must undergo health screening and monitor their health after entering the state.
- If the individual develops fever, cough, breathlessness, they must visit the nearest health facility
- All passengers traveling to Andhra Pradesh shall be required to register on the State website and obtain an auto-generated e-pass from the spandana.ap.gov.in website.
- People traveling without an e-pass can also register at the border and they will get one instantly at the time of entry.
- International travel, except those permitted by the Centre, continues to remain shut.
- Entertainment parks and similar places will be permitted to open if they follow the strict SOP orders issued by the state government.
- Cinemas, theatres, and multiplexes can reopen with up to 50 percent of their seating capacity.
Best Time To Visit
The best time to visit Andhra Pradesh is from November and February when the weather is pleasant for sightseeing and tourists can avoid the intense heat of the summer to enjoy outdoor activities like camping and hiking.
How To Reach
The state of Andhra Pradesh has removed all major travel restrictions for domestic travelers. The authorities have also introduced a fine for those who are not wearing their mask during commute/entering the border.
- Travelers can take a flight to any of the five airports in the state of Andhra Pradesh out of which four are international. If possible carry a negative Covid-19 test report for hassle-free boarding or else undergo the mandatory temperature check at the airport.
- There are also a limited number of trains operating to major stations in Andhra Pradesh and you must check the availability on the IRCTC website before booking.
- If you are planning to travel by road, you can hire a car or drive yourself from the state border to your accommodation. There will be temperature screenings at certain checkpoints and you must wear your mask at all times until you reach your destination.
There are multiple modes of transportation available for travelers who want to go around Andhra Pradesh. You can rent a car from travel dealers for an affordable price, hire auto-rickshaws, take private cabs for a more comfortable journey. Train lines are partially open and you must check on the IRCTC website before booking. Local buses are also available for selected routes.
Places To Visit In Andhra Pradesh During Covid
Andhra Pradesh’s metropolis areas and offbeat attractions are one of the most biodiverse and less explored regions in India. Being a paradise for people who want to escape for a few days, maybe try some new flavors, and check-out what’s popular in its cities, Andhra is always striving to find new ways to engage travelers in their unique and ancient ways of life. There are many places to visit in Andhra Pradesh that bring you such experience and must not be missed. As the state is reopening, the way we approach travel might have changed but the beauty of the places remains the same. If you are planning to make a trip to Andhra Pradesh anytime soon, make sure you travel to Hyderabad, Visakhapatnam, Gandikota, Kadapa, Madanapalle, Warangal, Horsley Hills, Srisailam and Guntur.
Things To Do In Andhra Pradesh During Covid
We can’t whittle this down to just a few activities because Andhra Pradesh is exceptional and boundless when it comes to touristic opportunities. There is so much to do, so many places to be and so many feelings to experience, we for sure understand why this place is frequented by travelers and recommended by experts around the world. Every traveler is unique and Andhra Pradesh has something to offer for everyone, whether it’s a trek on one of the most stunning mountain ranges or a seaside chillout vacation for the busy heads who just need a nice relaxing few days by the shore.
If you are planning a trip in the upcoming months or maybe in the next year, here’s a list of some of the best things to do in Andhra Pradesh:
- Explore the Borra Caves
- Go On Vizag City Tour
- Trek To Talakona Waterfalls
- Experience The Freezing Point In Lambasingi
- Go On A Wildlife Safari In Srisailam Wildlife Sanctuary
If you are looking to book a hotel or Airbnb during your travels in the state of Andhra Pradesh, make sure you get your room in advance and fill out the mandatory documentation like any contact tracing forms or checks you may require. All hotels are now following the government advisory for reopening which includes a deep sanitization process during and after every guest, limited capacity of beds, closure of community areas like pools and gyms, and contact tracing. This post-Covid travel guide to Andhra Pradesh aims to update you on the latest guidelines and advisory before you book your stay.
Here is a list of measures that the state of Andhra Pradesh has implemented on the hotel industry for safe and secure travel:
- Temperature screening at the time of check-in and sometimes also during check-out.
- Sanitizer availability at the hotel and inside all the rooms.
- Disposable gloves mandatory for hotel staff at bar and restaurant.
- Contact tracing forms at every hotel.
The hospitality industry in Andhra Pradesh is reopening but the safety of the travelers and staff remains a key priority. While some of the big-league restaurants are back to normal functioning with a limited capacity, many of the food outlets have moved to delivery-only or takeaway facilities. Food franchises are also operational and open for customers with social distance seating and disposable cutlery to avoid any transmission. Here are some of the guidelines issued for the restaurants in Andhra Pradesh:
- Dine-in services can resume given the restaurant follows the 50% capacity limit.
- Restaurants and shops can remain open till 10:00 p.m.
- Chairs and tables will be arranged in a manner that will allow social-distancing while dining.
- Customers will be allowed inside the restaurant after thermal screening and sanitizing hands.
What To Pack
If you are planning a trip to Andhra Pradesh soon, you will need to pack a few extra items in your backpack considering the ongoing pandemic. The most important thing during your travel is to minimize the risk of becoming unwell as well as keeping others around you safe. Here’s Travel Triangle’s comprehensive list of things to pack:
- Comfortable cotton clothing for the humid air and dry season.
- A pack of disposable face masks or 2-3 reusable face masks.
- Sanitizer for personal use.
- Sanitizing solution for outdoor/surface use.
- A personal PPE kit that will include a face shield, sanitizer sachets, and a pair of disposable gloves for flight, train, or any kind of commute.
- Book your travel and accommodation in advance.
- Talk with your hotel/Airbnb about their sanitizing facilities and the Covid-19 related precautions they are taking.
- Download the Arogya Setu app on your mobile phone.
- Try to get tested before your travel and keep the Covid-19 negative certificate handy during your commute.
- Find the latest information about containment zones in Andhra Pradesh as non-essential travel is not allowed in any of the zones.
Covid-19 Prerequisites And Consequences In Andhra Pradesh
- All passengers traveling domestically in Andhra Pradesh must undergo thermal screening before they can enter the border.
- If the temperature recorded is higher than the required number, you will be asked to take a Covid-19 RT-PCR test for which you will bear the cost of the test and any commute you may have to undertake. If negative, you will be allowed to travel to your destination. If the result shows positive, the state protocol for Covid-19 will be followed.
- It is mandatory for everyone to wear a mask in public and you may incur a fine or penalty.
Further Travel Tips
- If you are planning to take a road trip within the state of Andhra Pradesh, make sure you have a negative test report handy if possible to avoid inquiry during Covid-19 checkpoints.
- No e-pass is required if you are a temporary resident or local and want to travel domestically within the state.
- People over the age of 65 or children under the age of 10 are advised not to undertake non-essential travel.
A getaway to the cultural core of India, Andhra Pradesh is more than its mini-cities and historic relics, it is where people travel to learn and unlearn about anything and everything. It is also the reason why many travelers often choose to stay a few extra nights or extend their travel plan by weeks because they keep finding places that cannot be left unexplored. It’s not an ideal stopover location but worth exploring even if you are here for 24 hours. It’s not just another state with popular tourist attractions, it’s every traveler’s home away from home. Bookmark this post-Covid travel guide to Andhra Pradesh for the latest updates on this destination. Looking for something more? Let us help you explore more with our customized itineraries for a trip to Andhra Pradesh.
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist, or photographer.
Please Note: Any information published by TravelTriangle in any form of content is not intended to be a substitute for any kind of medical advice, and one must not take any action before consulting a professional medical expert of their own choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to visit the state of Andhra Pradesh in the upcoming months for travel?
Yes, it is safe to travel to the state of Andhra Pradesh if traveling in a small group while following the health and safety guidelines provided by the health department. As the country is slowly resuming its tourism sector, it will take some time before all the attractions resume operations at full capacity but you are still welcome to take a trip given that you adhere to the advisory and take care of yourself and others around you during the journey.
Is it mandatory to have a negative Covid-19 test report while entering the state of Andhra Pradesh?
No, it is not mandatory to carry a Covid-19 test report but any passenger entering the border of Andhra Pradesh must pass through temperature check-points during their arrival. If the temperature detected is higher than the standard deviation, passengers will have to take the test and will only be allowed to travel further if the result is negative. If the report is positive, the state protocol for quarantine will be followed.
Is home quarantine mandatory for those who have a negative PCR test report?
Yes, every travel must undertake the 14-day home quarantine irrespective of their Covid-19 test result. It is a precautionary measure introduced by the state to stop the spread of the virus.
What is Andhra Pradesh famous for?
From tranquil lake waters to virgin forests, stupas, historic relics, and the world-famous homeland of Kohinoor diamond, Andhra Pradesh is popular for its Buddhist influence, vivid history, and scenic landscapes.