After months of sheltering in place, people today are treating their cabin fever with staycations at beautiful destinations or trips to alluring places. With majority of countries easing the travel restrictions, we all are already browsing the internet to plan a vacation. However, whether we are looking forward to an essential trip or a post-pandemic getaway, one thing that we all know for sure is that traveling will definitely see a change because of covid, and we will need to take some extra precautions while traveling during the pandemic. If you are a mountain lover and thinking of planning a domestic trip with your loved ones, Himachal Pradesh will surely capture your heart. In case you are still in doubt whether it is safe or not, this post-covid travel guide to Himachal Pradesh will help you clear your thoughts and plan an amazing trip. Read on to know the updated Himachal guidelines for tourist!
Himachal Tourism Guidelines And Advisory During Covid
Are you searching for the Himachal tourism guidelines? The Himachal government has taken every possible step to ensure that tourists in the state remain safe throughout their travel. The Department Of Tourism and Civil Aviation has issued the SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for opening of tourism units in the State. As per the Himachal guidelines for tourist by the Revenue Department- Disaster Management Cell and Health And Family Welfare Department which are as follows:
- Domestic travel is open in Himachal Pradesh from all states of India.
- The state has issued directions to all DCs to stop tourists going to places prone to landslides and other natural calamities
- One needs a negative report while returning to their respective states as well.
- Installing Aarogya Setu app on your smartphones is a must for all travelers.
Best Time To Visit
Himachal is famous for its scenic views, Himalayan backdrop and pleasant weather. According to this post-covid travel guide to Himachal Pradesh, summer i.e. between the months of March and June is the best time to visit this heavenly abode as it is the perfect time for sightseeing, and adventure activities however if you wish the experience snowfall, winter season i.e. between the months of November and February is the best season to visit the state. Make sure that you follow all the Himachal travel rules for a safe experience.
How To Reach
A majority of Himacahal travel restrictions have been lifted and it is no longer mandatory for travelers to carry a negative covid-19 report on arrival. However, all passengers traveling to Himachal Pradesh must have the Arogya Setu App downloaded. Additionally here is more information on how to reach Himachal from your state for a vacation:
- Domestic flights from Delhi and Chandigarh to Kullu-Manali, Dharamshala, and Shimla districts of Himachal Pradesh are now operational.
- Trains from Pathankot, Punjab and Delhi to Solan and Una railway stations of Himachal Pradesh are also functional.
- Two special trains namely Una Himachal Jan Shatabdi Express and Jan Shatabdi are running from Delhi and Una to Himachal Pradesh.
- Inter-State as well as Intra-State buses are operating with 50% capacity in Himachal Pradesh.
Travelers can easily find local transport services, like taxis, autos and buses when traveling to Himachal Pradesh in covid-19. However, you can also pre-book your private cabs or taxis or request your hotel staff to arrange for a taxi to experience hassle-free travel. Don’t forget to meticulously follow the Himachal tourism rules.
Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh During Covid
A picture-perfect state that allures travelers with its unnatural beauty, Himachal Pradesh is a destination that secures the first place in every traveler’s bucket list. Boasting of nature, culture, spirituality, and adventure all at one place, the various districts of Himachal offer the perfect experience. From the barren terrains of Lahaul and Spiti to the flowery meadows of Dharamshala, there is so much to explore when traveling to Himachal during covid. Some of the best places to visit in Himachal during covid include Manali, Shimla, Mcleodganj, Kasol, Dharamshala, and Spiti. All you need to ensure that you carefully follow Himachal rules for tourists.
Things To Do In Himachal Pradesh During Covid
Apart from being a heaven for nature lovers, Himachal is also the hub for adventure seekers. The destination hosts a variety of adventure activities including trekking, mountaineering, skiing, hiking, ice-skating, camping and much more. Paragliding activities have resumed in Himachal with specific safety guidelines for tourists and pilots as well. While there are a lot of things to do in Himachal Pradesh during corona, it is mandatory for travelers to adhere to all safety norms and follow all the covid travel guidelines efficiently to ensure safe travel.
From beautiful resorts to classic hotels, Himachal offers a wide variety of options for you to choose from. After a long duration of shutdown, hotels and resorts in Himachal Pradesh have reopened to welcome tourists into well-maintained and sanitized accommodations. A set of safety and hygiene guidelines have been issued for tourism sectors in accordance with Himachal travel guidelines issued by Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India which are:
- Hotels have been advised to train all staff and form a ‘Rapid Response Team’ to prevent incidents, effectively manage crises and mitigate impact among guests, staff and other involved parties.
- This special team will be responsible for promoting key messages for guests and staff, such as washing hands frequently, respiratory hygiene, basic hygiene practices and more.
- Hotel staff and guests have been advised to install the AarogyaSetu app for survey and check-in purposes.
- To minimize contact, guests cannot go up to the staff if they need anything, all contact has to be through intercoms or mobile phones.
- It is mandatory for the hotel staff to maintain a minimum 2m (6ft) distance with guests and other staff members.
- Staff as well as guests are advised to wear masks at all times.
Almost all the restaurants in Himachal are now open for travelers. Proper sanitization of the premises is ensured and seats are placed at a significant distance. Besides that, street eating outside the restaurants or take away food shops will not be allowed. Additionally, all the staff at the restaurants must wear gloves and masks at all times.
What To Pack
This post-covid travel guide to Himachal also provides you with a list of essentials that you must pack on your trip to Himachal Pradesh which is as follows:
- Carry all your identity proof while traveling.
- Always carry sunscreen, moisturising lotion, and lip balm.
- While traveling to Himachal, it is essential to carry heavy woollen clothing along with socks, glovers and caps.
- Carry a pair of comfortable sport shoes for adventure activities like trekking and hiking.
- Pack a few common medicines for fever and cold.
- Do not forget to carry extra masks, bottles of sanitizers and disposable gloves while traveling.
- Download and register your details on the ArogyaSetu app.
- Make all hotels and transfer reservations in advance to avoid last-minute hassle.
Covid-19 Prerequisites And Consequences In Himachal Pradesh
- As per the rules set by the Himachal government, anyone caught not wearing a mask in public places will be liable to arrest without warrant.
- People found convicted in the matter, will be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to eight days or fine which may extend up to INR 5,000.
- Passengers having ILI (Influenza Like Illness) symptoms are also to be quarantined in a government facility for 14 days.
- If any traveler is found symptomatic upon arrival at the airport, the airline will guide them to the dedicated medical room.
Further Travel Tips
As a part of responsible tourism, it is the duty of the tourists to strictly abide by the rules and regulations issued by the government which are:
- Travelers must maintain a distance of at least 1 meter from each other.
- One must use a face mask throughout the journey.
- Avoid touching clean surfaces in the rooms, hotels and restaurants.
- Sanitize or wash your hands regularly throughout the journey.
- Avoid sharing personal items with people during travel.
Is a trip to Himachal already on your bucket list? Take notes from this post-covid travel guide to Himachal, and make your vacation a memorable one. Also, do not forget to abide by all the covid safety regulations during your vacation.
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Please Note: Any information published by TravelTriangle in any form of content is not intended to be a substitute for any kind of medical advice, and one must not take any action before consulting a professional medical expert of their own choice.
People Also Read: