Destination or Place
Guests & Rooms
2 Guests / 1 Rooms
Resorts Near Airport, Male
Resorts in Male: rated 4.6/5 (based on 1 reviews) | Scaled down to 5
The Maldives is a favorite travel and tourism destination among people all across the globe. It is primarily known for its white sugar sand, the crystal clear blue lagoons, the amazing lush tropical islands, a breathtaking underwater world, for the fantastic overwater villas and unrivaled luxury. Male is the capital of the cluster of islands that the Maldives is, and it is home to a number of excellent hotels and resorts catering to the opulent tastes of their guests.
In particular, the Maldives resorts near the airport are known for their easy accessibility as well as its fantastic amenities. A stay at any of these properties would be a lavish and memorable one. Many of these beautiful resorts are located near the Male International Airport. Due to the proximity to the busier parts of the town, the Maldives resorts close to Male airport experience more traffic and noise. However, that doesn't affect the experience one gets to enjoy because the resorts are architected in the most ingenious way to provide the guests with the utmost satisfaction during their stay here.
Key Info About Male
- Tropical season
- Famous for local fishing
- A paradise of lively markets
- A hub for foodies
- Haven of mosques and churches
Types Of Accommodation
Although Male may be the world’s smallest capital, it offers a great variety of accommodation options when it comes to properties near the airport or throughout the city. From hotels to hostels, and resorts to overwater bungalows, here are some of the various options from which you can take your pick for your stay.
- Hotels: From mid-range and budget, Male offers a lot of stay options when it comes to the hotels. While all the hotels are well-equipped with basic amenities, most of them also offer in-house spa facilities and arrange for watersports as well.
- Resorts: With all the modern facilities combined with the best of comfort and luxury, Male resorts offer ultimate value for money experience to the guests. Offering a lot of amenities like that of outdoor pools, onsite restaurants, spa centres, and beautiful surroundings, picking a resort is the best way to enjoy your holiday in Maldives.
- Overwater Bungalows: Synonymous with luxury, overwater bungalows are the best way to enjoy a lavish holiday in Male. Offering amazing views of the ocean and treating the guests to ultimate bliss, these properties are suitable for large groups, families, and friends.
- Water Villas: A smaller version of the bungalows, these water villas in Male are more suitable for the couples and look like exactly what the dreams are made of. Letting the guests soak in the goodness of the turquoise ocean waters, you can find all the luxuries at these water villas that you need for an amazing holiday.
- Hostels: Fitting the pockets of majority of the travelers, hostels in Male are a perfect choice for the travelers looking forward to exploring Maldives on a budget. Offering basic amenities and a good value for money experiences, staying at hostels is a good choice to experience the city like a local.
Popular Areas To Stay
While most of the islands are segregated into north, central, and south atolls, most of the islands in Male are popular for their resorts, culture, local markets, and food scenes.
Located in the southern end of Male’s North Atoll, Hulhumale is the artificial island of Maldives that is very popular amidst the tourists. Famous for all its commercial and industrial developments, Hulhumale is also known for its diverse range of properties and local culture.
A gem of the South Atoll in Male, Biyadhoo is a round-shaped island that is much famed for its luxury resorts. Offering the best of scuba diving experiences, you cannot help but fall in love with the vibes of this place in Male.
Located at the heart of the Kaafu Atoll, Himmafushi is all about sun, sand, and surf. With amazing resorts and villas surrounded by the ocean on all sides treat you to the best of luxury and comfort, make sure you treat your taste buds to some authentic cuisine too.
Dining And Food Experience
The Maldives resorts near airports cater to a mix of travelers and tourists who come in for vacation and tours. They provide them with a wide variety of cuisines ensuring to satisfy all kinds of taste buds. While most of the resorts and hotels feature restaurants, bars, and cafes, it is a must for travelers to try their hands on the authentic Maldivian cuisine. Almost the entire island is surrounded by water on all sides which makes seafood the most prominent cuisine of the city as well.
While tuna forms the main part of the staple food, the local cuisine of Male is mostly influenced by Indian, Sri Lanka, and Arabic cuisines. Although all the luxury resorts have international cuisine on their menus, travelers do have the choice to taste a variety of cuisines from all over the world at Maldives resorts near airports. Be it the Indian flavors, the Japanese delicacies, the Sri Lankan spices, Thai delights or the local cuisine, you are definitely in for a gastronomical ride. And to name a few, here are some of the famous dishes you must try:
- Fihunu Mas (Barbecued fish)
- Garudhiya (Rice with fish broth)
- Mas Huni (Smoked shredded fish)
- Kulhi Boakiba (Spicy fish cake)
- Raa (Palm tree toddy)
Shopping And Entertainment
Being the capital city and the cultural montage of tourists from all over the world, Male puts up a great show when it comes to nightlife. Explore the best of nightclubs, bars, restaurants, karaoke, live entertainment, and much more in and around the resorts in Male.
- Nightlife: Tourists flock to North Malé Atoll as that is where the best of bars and nightclubs are located. Explore famous nightclubs in Male like Kurumba while activities like crab racing and outdoor cinema are some of the experiences that are not to be missed.
- Popular Markets: For those who find retail therapy as the best stressbuster, will definitely be impressed on exploring some of the famous markets like the Male local market, Majeedhee Magu street, Centro Mall, Singapore Bazaar, and so on.
- Sightseeing Places: Make sure you do not miss out on some of the best places to visit in Male like that of the mosques at Hukuru Miskiy, the National Museum, Muleeaage, the Sultan Park, and Artificial beach.
Getting Around In Male
The entire island is surrounded by the great waters of Indian Ocean which makes the ferries and boats the prime mode of transportation on the island. However, some of the other ways to get around the island are:
- Air: For those who like to save on time, can always opt to get around by air and Maldives seems to have a great range of charters, seaplanes, and other flights that offers easy access to the islands.
- Bicycle: Rent a bike to get around the bigger islands along with the capital city of Male at your own pace and convenience which happens to be the best way to explore like a local.
- Buses: Mostly the bus services are available for the tourists in the capital of Male which connects the city to the international airport, and vice versa. Car Rentals: The only major islands that have road connectivity are that of Hulhumale, Male city, and Fuvahmulah where the tourists can rent a car to explore the city.
- Local Ferries: Whether it’s a speedboat, ferry boats, or the dhoni charter boats, most of the resorts on the islands will be able to assist you in arranging for one easily as it is the prime source of getting around the islands.
The Maldives resorts near the airport offer exclusive services that will ensure to maintain the tropical vibe along with the exquisite services and facilities provided to them. The Bandos Maldives is one of the best resorts near Male airport. The resort offers a water sports center and a dive school. Beauty and massage treatments are available at the resort's spa. Club House offers a range of fitness activities including a gym, aerobics, badminton, tennis courts, squash and table tennis.
The resort also owns a Kokko Club which offers babysitting services along with a range of programs for the little ones. Each villa here comes fitted with a section of glass floor for viewing the ocean life below right from the room, as well as a lovely view of the seaside from the jacuzzi tub. There are snorkeling and diving options within the private lagoon of the property, and the villa has made quite a name for its service which includes making holiday itineraries and immaculate meal planners.
Showing 1 Resorts near Airport
- Top Rated Luxury Property
- Free Breakfast
Price Range Per Night
₹ 30,000 - ₹ 40,000
2 km from Airport
Resorts in Male by Star Ratings
Resorts in Male by Themes
International Resorts by Countries
Yes, all the resorts do have a pool as the island enjoys a location which is surrounded by an ocean.
In most of the resorts, private pools may not be available. However, guests can ask and confirm before going ahead with the bookings.
Pets are not allowed in all the resorts. Guests are requested to ask the properties for related information.
Most of the resorts do offer in-house water sports facilities while the others offer assistance in arranging for the same on request by the guests.
Majority of the resorts do offer spa facilities for the guests.
Book Your Holiday With TravelTriangle. How It Works?
Personalise Your Package
Let us know your travel requirements & submit your request
Get Multiple Quotes
Connect with top 3 agents, compare quotes & customize further.
Book The Best Deal
Pay in easy installments & get ready to enjoy your holiday.
Unlimited Choices. Trusted Agents. Best Prices. Happy Memories.
Places To Visit In Maldives
Let the experts guide you to the best of this mesmerizing destinationView All
Kudahuvadhoo in Maldives
Known for its mysterious hawittas or mounds, ancient temples and urban delights beautifully blended with the rolling blue waters, Kudahuvadhoo in Maldives beckons tourists for a visit to this amazing place. The capital of Dhaal Atoll, this unique tourist spot offers tons of activities that visitors can enjoy, while also bei...
- Religious sites
Mirihi Island in Maldives
Mirihi Island, Male is a small gem of an island lying in the Alif Dhaal Atoll of the Maldives and is the first island in the archipelago that boasted of overwater bungalows. With surroundings that make for a perfect postcard scene, this tourist island with its intact reef is the perfect spot for tourists trying to get away ...
Veligandu Island in Maldives
A beautiful lagoon, long stretches of white beach, and a brilliant house reef are just some attractions of the gorgeous Veligandu Island, lying on the Eastern rim of the Rasdhoo Atoll that is part of the Northern half of the Ari Atoll, Maldives. Encircled by an awe-inspiringly brilliant turquoise lagoon, this island indulge...
Artificial Beach in Maldives
Attracting hundreds of visitors every day to frolic on sandy stretches along the Indian Ocean, this crescent-shaped Artificial Beach in Malé, Maldives is a man-made beach created from the land retrieved from the sea. A majority of the visitors come here to find some quiet time away from the downtown hubbub of Malé. The beac...
- Beach Walk
- Ideal for families
National Museum in Maldives
The very first museum of Maldives, National Museum was established in 1952 on the National Day of Maldives, to preserve and display the history of this minuscule island nation in the Indian Ocean. The museum exhibits a rather significant collection of historical artifacts and royal antiquities ranging from the Buddhist era ...
- Historical Tour
- City Tour
The Maldives resorts near the airport are all conveniently located which not only provided the traveler with ease of finding them but also offering amazing services. Most of them are easily reached within 15-30 minutes from the airport, either by the airway via chartered planes or by waterway via speedboat. The Kurumba Maldives is a private tropical island in North Male Atoll. The resort has two outdoor freshwater pools, three tennis courts, and a fitness center. Veli Spa along with multitudes of treatments also offers the unique Dhivehi Beys treatments, as well as modern and traditional massage treatments. Island-hopping tours and fishing trips are available, as well as customized excursions. The resorts feature all the necessary services that one looks for on a holiday vacation at a place like Maldives fitness centers, swimming pools, extensive seafood cuisine, spa and massage facilities and arrangements for romantic dinners. Accommodating at the Maldives resorts near Male airport ensures ease of travelers and access to a plethora of restaurants, bars, and cafes. Guests can enjoy the best parts of the city without having to travel too far. Further, these resorts offer facilities lie airport shuttle services for the convenience of guests. Apart from this, one can find all the requisite amenities and services at the resort. Spa and lavish massage services to well-equipped fitness centers and beach clubs. Private beach access is another perk that guests can find at the resorts. Recreational activities like water sports and live music are also organized to keep the guests entertained. One will surely have a memorable time with friends and family at the resorts near Male International Airport.
5 Best Resorts Near Airport, Male
From the interior decor to the contemporary design, from the well-equipped facilities to the friendly staff, and from the engaging activities to the delicious cuisines, these resorts in Male offer the ultimate luxury that one needs on an incredible vacation.
1. Adaaran Prestige Vadoo
What’s Special: Scenic View
Location: South Male ' Atoll, Republic Of Maldives, South Male ' Atoll
Price Per Night: INR 42,971
The beautiful resort is located around 10 km from the airport and can be easily reached via speed boat which will take not more than 15 minutes. You will enjoy surreal views from each and every water villa and also spot some of the exotic fish.
2. Gili Lankanfushi
What’s Special: BBQ Facilities, Massage
Location: Lankanfushi Island, North Malé Atoll Republic of Maldives, Maldives
Price Per Night: INR 85,882
If you are planning to go on a romantic holiday then Gili Lankanfushi is the ideal place for you to stay in. The resort offers some top-notch facilities like hot-tub, chic pool, seafood, spa, cinema, and much more. One is also provided with private water boats to roam around the place.
3. Taj Exotics Resort & Spa
What’s Special: Special Diet Meals, Themed Dinners
Location: Emboodhu Finolhu, South Male Atoll
Price Per Night: INR 65,197
This is the closest to Male International Airport, Taj Exotica Resort and Spa is one of the best places to head to. The resort offers luxurious amenities and top-class facilities with unmatched hospitality.
4. Centara Ras Fushi
What’s Special: Multiple restaurants
Location: Male North Harbour, Boduthakurufaanu Magu
Price Per Night: INR 28,227
This is one of the most popular places to stay in Male. The resort is located 12.8 km from the airport and might take upto 15 minutes to reach via speedboat. The resort consists of 64 villas, water bungalows and offers guests all kinds of luxurious amenities.
5. Paradise island and Spa
What’s Special: Themed Dinners ad Local Tours
Location: Paradise Island Resort & Spa Lankanfinolhu North, Maldives
Price Per Night: INR 10,000
Paradise Island and Spa consist of 62 water villa and several suites that are decorated in the best manner that oozes luxury. Guests would be spoilt with choices here and really have a great time during their vacation.