Have your travel plans also been postponed this year due to the outbreak of covid-19 pandemic? If yes, we understand that the lockdown period has taken a toll on almost all the wanderlusts, but better days are surely coming! With travel restrictions easing in all the states, you can now go on to explore your favorite destinations but by following certain precautions and safety guidelines. Delhi has always been on every traveler’s list because of the large number of historical monuments, parks, and temples in the city. There are also a lot of markets, cafes and restaurants for travelers to explore on their vacation. This post-covid travel guide to Delhi will help you plan your vacation with ease and allow you to travel safely. Here is all you need to know before you plan your post-pandemic adventures to Delhi.
Delhi Travel Advisory During Covid
Delhi has completely reopened for all domestic travel and international travel under travel bumble and repatriation flights. Considering the present pandemic situation, the government of Delhi has issued various delhi travel guidelines that both domestic as well as international travelers must abide by. Here is all you need to keep in mind before traveling to the state.
- As per the Delhi government Covid guidelines, international scheduled flight operations continue to be normal.
- It is mandatory for all international arriving passengers to fill the self-reporting form known as Air Suvidha, before boarding.
- As per the latest government guidelines, International arrival passengers are exempted from quarantine (institutional quarantine & home quarantine) basis on negative RT-PCR reports.
- The report should be taken within 72 hours of departure or on arrival at the airport where the COVID19 testing facility is available.
- Random testing for Covid-19 is being conducted at Delhi airport. Mandatory quarantine for travellers who test positive.
- All travellers must submit a self-declaration form on the online portal www.newdelhiairport.in at least 72 hours before scheduled travel.
- Travellers must download the Aarogya Setu App on their mobile phones.
- The thermal screening will be done for all passengers upon arrival.
- No restriction on interstate travel as per the latest guidelines, issued by the state government.
Best Time To Visit
The winter season that is between October to February is the best time to visit Delhi. The days are moderately pleasing and you can go on to explore the various attractions in the city. You can also visit Delhi in the monsoon season between the months of June and September and experience the beautiful rains according to this post-covid travel guide to Delhi.
How To Reach
All domestic flights are now operational in the state and you can easily find flights from major cities of India including Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, and Bangalore. All the airlines are following covid guidelines and adhering to all safety norms. You can also travel to Delhi by train as most of the trains are now operational in the state. Inter, as well as intra-state buses, are also fully functional in the city.
All local transport has now resumed in Delhi. You can also book cabs and taxis online through the apps. Travellers can also find local transport like autos, and buses in Delhi. However, public buses are operating at 50% capacity.
Places To Visit In Delhi During Covid
Delhi being the capital of India has some of the best architectural and historical structures. With a wide range of places to visit in the city, you will never get bored on your vacation. Almost all the tourist attractions in the state had reopened but with a limited capacity. Some of the best places to visit in Delhi during covid are Humayun’s Tomb, Hauz Khas Village, Connaught Place, Agrasen ki Baoli, India Gate, and National Gallery Of Modern Art. However, as the city is under lockdown, all the tourist places are closed for visitors.
Things To Do In Delhi During Covid
From sightseeing at different structures and monuments to shopping in the local markets, travelers in Delhi can indulge in a lot of activities on their vacation. The city offers a lot to travelers and while in the city, some of the best things to do in Delhi during covid that you must include in your itinerary are sightseeing, shopping, boating, and cafe hopping. It is to be noted that the city is under lockdown, so it is advised to follow all the state guidelines and covid protocols.
Suggested Read: 11 Stunning Waterfalls Near Delhi You Need To Explore
All the hotels have now reopened in Delhi taking all safety measures and precautions to ensure the safety of the travelers. Some of the guidelines issued by the Delhi government regarding hotels in the city are:
- Proper sanitization of the hotel premises is to be done by the hotel staff and good hygiene conditions maintained.
- It is mandatory for hotel staff as well as travelers to wear masks at all times.
- Seating arrangements in the lobby and restaurant of the hotels should maintain social distancing.
- Staff shall maintain a gap of 6 feet from travelers.
- Number of people in the elevators shall be restricted, duly maintaining social distancing norms.
Earlier this year, all the restaurants were welcoming travellers in Delhi and adhering to all covid travel guidelines issued by the government. However, as the city is under lockdown, restaurants, and bars are not allowed to operate. Only essential services are allowed to function.
Suggested Read: 24 Fun Things To Do In Delhi On A Trip To The Capital City
What To Pack
This covid travel guide to Delhi is incomplete without a list of things to carry when traveling to Delhi during coronavirus. Here is the complete list of items to pack on your next vacation:
- If you are traveling to Delhi in winters carry woolen clothes but during summers you must pack light cotton clothes.
- Carry an extra pair of comfortable shoes to get around the city.
- Pack a pair of sunglasses, and hats on your trip.
- Also, carry an extra pair of masks, sanitizers, and gloves.
- Make sure that you carry a power backup when going out to explore the city.
- Download and register your details on the Arogya Setu App before travel.
- Also fill the online self-declaration form before boarding your flight.
- Pre-book all your accommodations and transfers in advance to ensure a smooth travel.
Covid-19 Prerequisites And Consequences In Delhi
- Only asymptomatic travelers will be allowed to board after thermal screening.
- Wearing face masks and maintaining social distance is mandatory in public areas.
- One must not spit in public places and a fine can be imposed on travelers caught in the act.
Further Travel Tips
- Avoid touching open surfaces of tables, and shelves at hotels and restaurants.
- Wear a mask whenever in public areas and also maintain social distance.
- Apply sanitizer regularly before and after touching anything.
- Avoid making payments in cash and practice online payment methods.
Delhi is the perfect holiday destination for all kinds of travelers. From beautiful temples and monuments to exclusive shopping areas and cozy restaurants, the city offers something to every kind of traveler. With most of the travel restrictions uplifted in the city, you can now go on to explore the city of diversity with this post-covid travel guide to Delhi. So plan your trip to Delhi and get going but with all safety and precaution.
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Please Note: Any information published by TravelTriangle in any form of content is not intended to be a substitute for any kind of medical advice, and one must not take any action before consulting a professional medical expert of their own choice.
People Also Read: