If you are excited at the slightest mention of adventure and keep looking out for activities to try then paragliding in Manali is for you. Located in the Kullu district of the northern state of Himachal Pradesh, Manali offers a breathtaking view of the snow-clad mountains of Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar ranges of the Himalayas. Forests with tall pine and eucalyptus trees, gushing streams and meadows with rich coloured flowers greet a traveller on reaching the small town of Manali. Manali is also an adventurer’s paradise. Offering the gliders a scenic view and clean atmosphere in their glide from 2050 metres above sea level. Trekkers and hikers also visit Manali across the year to enjoy their stint through the Beas Kund trek and Bhrigu Lake Trek. Manali is the starting point of an early trade route to Ladakh that connected to the Tarim Basin through the Karakoram Pass. The town also attracts historians who come to visit the Naggar castle. Manali serves as a haven for photographers too! Solang Valley, another picturesque town near Manali also offers a number of adventure activities like zorbing and horse-riding. It is also a well-known skiing destination for adventure lovers. But that is all about what Manali offers. However, paragliding in Manali is a completely different experience and something you must try.
Best Places For Paragliding in Manali
If you are on a lookout for the best places for paragliding in Manali then we have prepared a list for you to take a quick glance at and choose what suits you best.
1. Solang Valley
Solang valley is well known to offer a complete taste of this adventure activity. A mere 15km from Manali, Solang valley is favoured by most tourists who wish to try their hands on paragliding. The magnificent view and lush greenery adds to the charm, making it perfect for paragliding in Manali. Soar up in the sky with the help of experienced instructors who will guide you through the activity, as well as its do’s and don’ts.
Himachal Holiday Packages On TravelTriangle
The location provides one of the best paragliding in Manali experiences to look forward to. Considering the conditions prevail right, this place is preferred by individuals who enjoy a longer flight time. Fatru is a decent option for people who are more experienced and have tried paragliding a few times before, for shorter durations. The spectacular view from the sky is as ravishing as can get and makes the experience worth your while. The experience gives such a great adrenaline rush, making you feel high on self-accomplishment.
3. Bijli Mahadev
It is one of the most famous treks in manali. It is even more beautiful when it comes to paragliding in Manali which is prefered the most.It is located in kullu manali which is surrounded by parvati valley range which is covered with colorful flowers. It is a spot framed for Bijli Mahadev.
4. Kangra Valley
Adventure junkies are often drawn to the paragliding adventure at the Bir Billing stretch. The flight takes off from the spectacular sight of Bir while landing takes place at the dainty region of Billing. The place is filled with adventure seekers between the months of August to November. During these months, the yearly Himalayan paragliding pre-event is also conducted. As you glide in the sky like a free bird, you can indeed enjoy the true beauty of the Kangra Valley.
Marhi is also famous for paragliding in Manali among tourists. People can see the dhauladhar ranges while doing the activities. It is very impressive and unforgettable experience. The height is almost 3000 meters. People love the beauty of nature and feel blissful.
Tips For Paragliding In Manali
- Make sure to carry appropriate government-issued documents that prove your identity, like your passport or ADHAAR card.
- It is better to keep a local guide and an experienced paraglider who can communicate and assist you as well as can communicate with the local people. It makes easy for you to communicate with the local people and people of different communities. Also, it assures you to have a safer paragliding experience.
- Follow the instructions of the experienced paraglider carefully to have a safe journey.
- Check the equipment provided thoroughly before starting your ride.
- Carry your own sleeping bags, yoga mats, tents, water bottles etc. you might need if you are planning for a trip of paragliding around several places around Manali
- Although there are ATMs, the availability of ATMs becomes less frequent as you move away from the city area, so make sure you have enough cash on hand at all times.
- Take your own first aid kit with you and don’t forget to take your regular medicines with you. Keep medicines for common cold and fever with you all the time as the weather is very different.
- As you are travelling from Mumbai, take care of the weather. Be sure that it is not rainy.
- Altitude sickness is something that is likely to affect you as you go higher up the mountains—the lack of oxygen and changes in air pressure may cause nausea, dizziness and in rare cases, pulmonary oedema! Make sure you check with your doctor first and go slowly.
Paragliding in Manali is adventurous and enjoyable as the views are mesmerising. Lush greenery and an ever flowing river make it worth it. It’s advisable to follow the guidelines provided by the instructor properly. If you are planning a trip to Manali it is suggested that you include paragliding as one of activities to try.
Frequently Asked Questions About Paragliding In Manali
A. Make sure you pack warm clothes, Scarves, jackets, mittens, sweaters—anything to cover up. You can also buy winter clothing from the local shops in Kullu valley and Manali, where you get the best quality woollen clothes for cheaper prices. Also, you will get some special kind of local traditional clothes which are really worth buying.
A. The time between November and April is the best time to visit this place if you are starting from Mumbai. Because this is the time of year when the temperatures are pleasant, the sky is not cloudy and there isn’t much rainfall.
A. Pack warm clothes and necessary food items, especially for children and senior citizens. Make sure that no member of your group gets lost their because it is hard to find out then as Manali is a famous tourist place.
A. Anyways you can always find people practising paragliding there, depending on the weather of course. But you can search and hire paraglider through local people.
A. Well, not exactly if you follow the instructors properly. Also, for new and inexperienced ones, it is preferable to go on a Tandem paragliding or with a pilot instead of going for solo paragliding.
A. Tandem paragliding consists of a pilot and a passenger. It means the professional rider will also ride with you.
A. Actually, it is a bit costly as it is not that popular and you can find only a few places where you can actually learn, practise and enjoy paragliding, but it is totally worth it.
A. Mostly you can see the colourful wave while paragliding during spring. Also during this time of the year, the sky will be partially cloudy.
Looking To Book A Holiday Package?