The land of temples and wildlife is centrally-located in the country and is open for tourism. With Covid-19 though, tourism halted to this amazing state and the industry went into losses. Subsequently after Rajasthan, tourism revitalized and was reopened in Madhya Pradesh too. This post-covid travel guide to Madhya Pradesh will walk you through the situations and conditions in Madhya Pradesh.
All your questions about Madhya Pradesh travel guidelines, places to visit in Madhya Pradesh during covid 19, and travel restrictions in Madhya Pradesh will be answered here. So, read on!
Madhya Pradesh Travel Advisory During Covid
While it is a relief for many travellers that Madhya Pradesh is open, the questions keep coming like is it safe to travel to Madhya Pradesh? Madhya Pradesh travel guidelines ensure that every traveller must encourage responsible tourism as the officials have marked it in the SOPs. The state currently has around 13,000 active cases and is on a steady decline. There was a time when infections were spreading like wildfire but thanks to the administration’s efforts, cases have been effectively under control. However, certain measures are still being strictly followed which are as follows:
- Night curfew will be observed in 5 cities of Madhya Pradesh: Gwalior, Ratlam, Indore, Bhopal and Vidisha.
- Indore will observe weekend lockdowns.
- All passengers are required to download the Indore 311 App and do a self-registration before arrival.
- For passengers developing covid symptoms during their visit will need to undergo 14 days of quarantine.
- Thermal screening would be done at airports and major entry and exit points.
- All passengers must also download the Aarogya Setu app
Best Time To Visit
Ideally, Madhya Pradesh is a dry state which means summers are not ideal for exploration. But monsoons are calmer and pleasant. But there is no argument that winters are the best time to visit Madhya Pradesh. The weather is nice, the sun will add a sense of warmth to your trip. You will also not have to deal with extreme cold as the temperature hovers between 20°C and 27°C. The nights are cold, though!
How To Reach
Although there are 16 airports in all of Madhya Pradesh, there are 2 main ones including the Raja Bhoj Airport in Bhopal and Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar International Airport in Indore. Airlines like Air India, Spicejet, Indigo have regular flights flying to these airports.
Also, Madhya Pradesh falls in the central rail network and has many junctions including Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Itarsi and so many others. The Indian Railways is running many special trains to and from the junctions.
And obviously being a central state, it also is very well connected to roadways. Therefore, Madhya Pradesh travel advisory makes it possible for visiting this state won’t be much of a problem – be it by air, rail or bus!
Getting around Madhya Pradesh is not much of a hassle. You need to remember a few things according to the latest Madhya Pradesh travel guidelines. Social distancing is now not mandatory in public transports and there will be no mandatory 50% occupancy. According to Madhya Pradesh interstate travel guidelines, no e-passes will be required for entry and exit and there will be no quarantine for interstate travelers.
Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh During Covid
There are several places to visit in Madhya Pradesh including a few forts, lakes, hill stations, and national parks. The government is looking to boost wildlife tourism in the several national parks like the Panna National Park, Bandhavgarh National Park and Kanha National Park. You can also visit the temples of Khajuraho, Orchha Fort, Udayagiri Caves and Omkareshwar, a jyotirlinga.
Things To Do In Madhya Pradesh During Covid
Madhya Pradesh travel advisory demarcates that you can explore the state but with certain restrictions. With the opening up of national parks, safari tours are a great option. There are certain rules mentioned to safely enjoy a safari. The religious sites and adventure activities are also open. You may also visit the temples of Ujjain, Khajuraho, lakes of Bhopal and the hill station of Pachmarhi. Overall, there are a lot of things to do in Madhya Pradesh during coronavirus, they are open – all you need to do is follow the guidelines.
Madhya Pradesh travel rules also specify the rules and regulations for accommodation. The hotels and resorts in Madhya Pradesh need to make specific arrangements according to Covid 19 like providing masks, sanitizers and ensuring social distancing is maintained. The accommodation will also be disinfecting common touch points and ensure that each of their employees are thermally screened. Visitors will also be required to go through thermal screening. The hotels will also have to ensure that in-house cafes are not crowded.
The restaurants are open between 8 am to 9 pm and there are some rules and regulations as mentioned in the Madhya Pradesh travel advisory. All restaurants will have to occupy 50% of space and ensure that regular touch points are sanitized. All servers and staff need to be thermally screened as well. All tables must have sanitizer and tissues available. Customers will have to wear a mask and thermally screened before entering. Food should be pre-cooked and packaged to minimize the risk of infection.
What To Pack
This post-covid travel guide to Madhya Pradesh is incomplete without checking off the list of things that the travelers need to pack:
- Carry your usual meds in case you are undergoing any treatment along with the prescription.
- A first-aid kit with the mandatory items to get you through the trip would be advisable.
- Take suitable masks, disposable gloves, and sanitisers are mandatory.
- Pack light, but pack cotton clothes to change easily and regularly during covid times.
- Don’t forget your slippers, sunscreen, swimwear, and sunglasses.
Suggested Read: Chanderi In Madhya Pradesh: A Detailed Guide To This Unique Town
- Pre-book your flights and hotel.
- Register on the Indore 311 App and register yourself before traveling.
- All passengers are required to update their health status on Indore 311 App for next 14 days.
- Keep your covid-negative test result or certificate handy as a proof to submit on arrival just in case.
- Download the Aarogya Setu app on your mobile.
Covid-19 Prerequisites And Consequences In Madhya Pradesh
- Make sure you go through the thermal screening at the airports and other entry points.
- You have be put under isolation for 14 days in case you develop symptoms during thermal check.
- If you are travelling from Maharashtra you will have to undergo 7 days of home quarantine.
Further Travel Tips
Apart from the usual Madhya Pradesh travel tips, here are some tips that will keep your health and safety in check:
- Carry and wear your mask throughout your travel period.
- Keep extra sanitizers, masks, and wipes for back up.
- Do not fail to follow social distancing.
- Even if you are tested negative in PCR testing, make sure you avoid the crowded areas.
- Avoid touching common points and use plenty of sanitizers
We hope that this post-covid travel guide to Madhya Pradesh assists you enough to the rules of the state. Make sure to follow social distancing and wear masks at all times. The government hasn’t stopped anyone from planning a trip to Madhya Pradesh so it is totally up to you on following the guidelines. Do Travel but travel Responsibly!
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Please Note: Any information published by TravelTriangle in any form of content is not intended to be a substitute for any kind of medical advice, and one must not take any action before consulting a professional medical expert of their own choice.
People Also Read: