Uttar Pradesh is a land housing thousands of historical sites including the wonder of Taj Mahal. Tourism was a huge source of livelihood before the pandemic. However, the state is now reviving its tourism with significant control over the coronavirus. The sightseeing has opened up but there are restrictions and rules to be followed. This post-covid travel guide to Uttar Pradesh means to highlight those restrictions.
All queries from Uttar Pradesh travel guidelines to questions like “ is it safe to travel in Uttar Pradesh would be answered here. Read on!
Uttar Pradesh Travel Advisory During
Travellers must check the constraints imposed by the state of Uttar Pradesh as Uttar Pradesh tourism restrictions must be complied with to ensure a hassle-free journey. Uttar Pradesh currently has a high number of active cases approximately around 20,000. However, this number is set to come down as a lot of measures are being taken. Uttar Pradesh has a high recovery rate at about 91% and a low fatality rate as well. If you are travelling to Uttar Pradesh during covid 19, then you need to be aware of the guidelines. So, here are some of Uttar Pradesh covid guidelines for travel that you should know as a passenger or tourist:
- Passengers will have to undergo thermal screening at the airport.
- Passengers need to register at the state portal before entering the Uttar Pradesh.
- Night curfews might be be observed in some districts.
- Large public gatherings are banned all around the state.
- Stays above 7 days in the state would require for a 14-day mandatory quarantine.
- International passengers will have to undergo 7 days of quarantine.
- All passengers must download the Aarogya Setu App.
- No entry or exit from hotspots or containment zones allowed.
- A week-long lockdown has been imposed in 5 cities of Uttar Pradesh. These cities include Allahabad, Lucknow, Kanpur, Varanasi and Gorakhpur.
Must Read: The Kashi Virtual Tour Museum Is A New Step In The Tourism Sector Of The City!
Best Time To Visit
Tourists looking to enjoy the best of Uttar Pradesh can visit the state in the winter months when the weather is pleasant and delightful. Therefore, the months from October to March mark the best time to visit Uttar Pradesh and enjoy the attractions.
How To Reach
Concerned about your flight to travel safely to the land which has its roots in Hindi and Urdu literature? Uttar Pradesh travel guidelines will act as your saviour. Uttar Pradesh has more than 25 airports situated across the state, one of the highest in the country for any state. However, there are 2 main international airports located in Lucknow and Varanasi. There are domestic airports in Kanpur, Agra, Jhansi, Gorakhpur, Meerut, etc. Not just air options, there are plenty of railway junctions in Uttar Pradesh – Kanpur, Jhansi, Allahabad, Lucknow and Gorakhpur are the most important ones. The state is also fairly connected to highways for easy road transportation.
Suggested Read: 12 Best Things To Do In Varanasi For An Enigmatic Vacation
Getting around was a bit tricky when the pandemic hit. However, current UP government guideline for covid 19 says that there will be no restrictions on the movement of people and goods. This has been applied to the intrastate and interstate travel modes. UPSRTC has started all its regular services while 47 private bus operators have also resumed their services. Taj Express has also started all bus services on the Noida-Agra route.
Suggested Read: 10 Interesting Things To Do In Sarnath For A Memorable Travel Experience
Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh During Coronavirus
This post-covid travel guide to Uttar Pradesh is incomplete without letting travellers know an important part of their journey which all the safe places to visit in Uttar Pradesh during covid 19. The biggest tourist destination in Uttar Pradesh, Taj Mahal is open for tourists. However, there will only be 5,000 tourists allowed in a single day. Same goes with Agra Fort, where only 2,500 tourists would be allowed to visit in a day.
These are some of the most interesting heritage places in India. There will be social distancing followed and masks are necessary before entering. The city of Lucknow has also opened its attractions and capped 2,000 people as the maximum in a single day. Varanasi, however, has adopted a unique way to boost tourism with a “single-ticket system” for all attractions.
Things To Do In Uttar Pradesh During Coronavirus
Combined with strict guidelines like social distancing, there are plenty of things to do in UP during covid 19. The museums, heritage buildings, and monuments are open for exploration. Also, you can go for bicycle tours, heritage walks, and sightseeing after maintaining the rules and regulations.
Suggested Read: 12 Places To Visit In Lucknow That Showcase It’s Grand Culture In 2022
Dig more into the Uttar Pradesh tourism rules before planning to explore the rich culture and tradition of the serene Ayodhya, Mathura and more of Uttar Pradesh. Since tourism has partially started in Uttar Pradesh, it is inevitable that the resorts, hotels and cottages will open. In case of emergency, the accommodation has been advised to provide all necessary arrangements. On top of that, regular temperature checks of employees and visiting travellers will also be conducted. The hotel or resort is also responsible for maintaining the highest hygiene standards in terms of regular sanitization of common tough points. The hotel will also provide masks to each and every traveller.
Suggested Read: 7 Resorts In Agra That’ll Surely Make Your Trip To The City Worthwhile
Like hotels and resorts, the restaurants in cities like Lucknow, Kanpur, Agra, Jhansi and Varanasi have also opened up. They will be focussing more on packaged food. All customers need to wear masks before entering the restaurant and they will have to be thermally screened for temperature. The restaurants are also expected to clean and sanitize regular touch points and common cutleries.
Suggested Read: 10 Temples In Mathura For A Religious Tour In This Holy City In 2022
What To Pack
These are some of the things to carry while travelling to Uttar Pradesh during covid 19:
- Carry your usual meds in case you are undergoing any treatment along with the prescription.
- A first-aid kit with the mandatory items to get you through the trip would be advisable.
- Take suitable masks, disposable gloves, and sanitizers are mandatory.
- Pack light, but pack cotton clothes to change easily and regularly during covid times.
- Don’t forget your slippers, sunscreen, and sunglasses.
- Insect repellent is a must for everyone.
Suggested Read: Shaheed Ashfaqullah Khan Zoo In Gorakhpur: A Budding Tourist Attraction And Center For Wildlife
Planning to explore the best of Uttar Pradesh? Build know-how about the rules for travelling to Uttar Pradesh.
- Pre-book your flights and hotel.
- Register on the state portal of Uttar Pradesh before travelling.
- Keep your covid-negative test result or certificate handy as a proof to submit on arrival in the state.
- Be sure to book tickets beforehand as limited people are allowed to enter in a day.
- Download the Aarogya Setu app on your mobile.
Covid-19 Prerequisites And Consequences In Uttar Pradesh
A sneak peeks into the Uttar Pradesh tourism guidelines will let the tourists explore more of Uttar Pradesh in a better frame.
- Make sure you go through the thermal screening at the airport.
- On showing any covid-19 symptoms, people travelling whether solo or in a group, will have to go through PCR testing and isolate accordingly.
- Long stays need to go through 14 days of quarantine.
Further Travel Tips
Apart from the general Uttar Pradesh travel tips, here are some tips that will keep your health and safety in check:
- Carry and wear your mask throughout your travel period.
- Keep extra sanitizers, masks, and wipes for back up.
- Do not fail to follow social distancing.
- Even if you are tested negative in PCR testing, make sure you avoid the crowded areas.
- Enjoyment is important but keep your health check in place by following rules.
Further Read: Bareilly Found Its ‘Jhumka’ After 54 Years & It Can’t Stop Showing It Off!
So, these were the UP govt covid-19 guidelines which should help you navigate through the state. This post-covid travel guide to Uttar Pradesh aims to not encourage tourism but responsible tourism. When you plan your next trip to Uttar Pradesh, you make sure that you enjoy but you also make sure that you stay safe!
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Please Note: Any information published by TravelTriangle in any form of content is not intended to be a substitute for any kind of medical advice, and one must not take any action before consulting a professional medical expert of their own choice.
People Also Read:
Road Travel During COVID-19 Essentials For Travel During COVID Countries That Lifted Travel Ban On Couples