Home to some of the most expensive cities, Europe is also a continent with many cities that can be visited on budget. While Iceland continues to become more expensive year after year, Britain has become a relative bargain; thanks to the post-Brexit currency weakness. And then there are some of the cheapest cities in Europe that won’t hurt the pockets of the travelers. Europe is an exciting continent and traveling across the continent can get expensive. But worry not! There are still some cities in Europe that will provide you with as exciting time as popular counterparts. Scroll below to find out all the cheapest cities in Europe to visit where you can backpack on your budget and without a worry in the world.
Cheapest Cities In Europe 2022
Here’s a list of the cheapest European cities as ranked by the Europe Backpacker Index of 2017.
The list of the cheapest European cities presented above are based on the Europe Backpacker Index of 2017. Here’s what you need to know about the same.
How the Backpacker Index works
Budget for 56 most popular cities in Europe was ascertained. Prices for most of the things – hostels, transportation, attractions – are fixed and certain. However, prices for a budget lunch or a pint of beer can vary. The prices include the cost for:
- One night in the cheapest bunk at the least expensive hostel with a good location and good reviews.
- Two public transportation rides per day
- One paid/famous attraction per day (Based on the average cost of a major attraction in each city for each day)
- Three ‘budget’ meals per day (Minimum meal price + 20%)
- Three cheap beer pints (or wine glasses) each day as an entertainment fund; Non-drinkers might have dessert & coffee or attend a local music performance instead
Travel Tips For Cheapest Cities In Europe
Image Credit: ErikaWittlieb by pixabay
If you have decided to take a budget trip to Europe, take a note of these helpful travel tips to have a comfortable and hassle-free experience:
- One way to save on booze and food while backpacking in Europe is by visiting bars and pubs during Happy Hours.
- Use public transport network. Take trains to wherever you can or use a bus. Thugh bus can take more travel time to reach if you don’t mind traveling for long hours.
- Don’t pay for a guide rather check out for free walking tours. You just need to sign up online in advance and tip the guide in the end. This way, you will save on the tour fee.
- Avoid dining at tourist places because, obviously, these places overcharge.
Further Read: Most Popular Euro Trips To Plan 2022’s Ultimate Escape
The prices are subject to change. So, make the most of the low prices while you still can by planning a holiday in Europe now! It is an amazing content with so much to explore andsee. There is not a single person on earth who would not have Europe on their bucket list. It is an absolute paradise for art lovers, beer aficionados, and backpackers. You must take a trip to Europe at some point of your life. It will truly be a memorable experience for you.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):