Home to some of the most expensive cities, Europe is also a continent with many cities that can be visited on budget. While Iceland continues to become more expensive year after year, Britain has become a relative bargain; thanks to the post-Brexit currency weakness. And then there are some of the cheapest cities in Europe that won’t hurt the pockets of the travelers.
Here’s a list of the cheapest European cities as ranked by the Europe Backpacker Index of 2017.
The list of the cheapest European cities presented above are based on the Europe Backpacker Index of 2017. Here’s what you need to know about the same.
How the Backpacker Index works
Budget for 56 most popular cities in Europe was ascertained. Prices for most of the things – hostels, transportation, attractions – are fixed and certain. However, prices for a budget lunch or a pint of beer can vary. The prices include the cost for:
- One night in the cheapest bunk at the least expensive hostel with a good location and good reviews.
- Two public transportation rides per day
- One paid/famous attraction per day (Based on the average cost of a major attraction in each city for each day)
- Three ‘budget’ meals per day (Minimum meal price + 20%)
- Three cheap beer pints (or wine glasses) each day as an entertainment fund; Non-drinkers might have dessert & coffee or attend a local music performance instead
The prices are subject to change. So, make the most of the low prices while you still can by planning a holiday in Europe now!
Further Read: Most Popular Euro Trips To Plan 2017’s Ultimate Escape
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):