A honeymoon in Uttarakhand’s peaceful hill towns is all you need to get rid off the post-wedding weariness and spend quality time with your partner. Uttarakhand, tucked in the Garhwal Himalayas is a soothing retreat for every newly married couple.
There are awe-inspiring honeymoon places in Uttarakhand located in the mountainous terrains that are decked up with the great Himalayas in the backdrop. Dotted with dense alpines, wrapped up in snow during winters, and well decorated with blooming flowers in summers, these honeymoon destinations in Uttarakhand pamper the lovebirds with perfect weather and scenic vistas.
Why Uttarakhand makes a premiere honeymoon destination in north India?
The imposing hills and fascinating hill stations boasting of pleasant weather conditions and romantic places blessed with nature’s unadulterated view make Uttarakhand a treat for honeymooners. Sky hugging mountains, never ending emerald green valleys, picture-perfect lakes, and swiftly rappelling rivers are major attractions of beautiful places in Uttarakhand for honeymoon! Get ready to be spoiled by nature as you plan a honeymoon in these captivating destinations.
Best time to visit Uttarakhand for honeymoon
The topography of most popular honeymoon destinations in Uttarakhand is not very different. Most of them experience a scenic winter season beaming with snowfall, and a pleasant summer epitomized by colorful valleys and lush meadows. Depending upon your bucket list you can choose the most suitable time for you.
Weather in Uttarakhand in summer: Summers are mostly pleasant; the temperature remains between 18 – 25 degrees
Weather in Uttarakhand in winter: Temperature drops to sub-zero degrees and goes up to 15 degrees in winter. Most of the honeymoon destinations in Uttarakhand experience considerable snowfall.
* Note: Planning a honeymoon to Uttarakhand during the monsoon months, i.e. June and July is not advisable because the hilly terrains experience frequent landslides.
Top honeymoon places in Uttarakhand
Here are the 7 most exciting honeymoon destinations in Uttarakhand that would leave you spellbound with their stunning escapades and raw appeal!
1. Auli – Up, above into the wilderness
While most of Uttarakhand revels in the glory of scenic views and exhilarating experiences, Auli is best known for exciting winter sports and thrilling adventure activities. Skiing in winter and a drive on the breathtaking road from Haridwar to Auli via Joshimath are two of the many attractions of Auli for adventurous couples.
And when you are tired, pamper your body and mind by spending some cozy moments in a quaint hotel room with a view of mighty Himalayas. Summer or winter, Auli is an ideal Uttarakhand honeymoon destination for nature and adventure lovers in all seasons.
Romantic experiences for honeymooners in Auli
- The mesmerizing view of Nanda Devi, Hathi Parvat, Trishul, and Nikanth
- The romantic Gondola ride
- Skiing at Auli Ski Station
- Watching the sun go down by the Auli Artificial Lake
- A tour of Chenab Lake
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Auli: Ski Resorts of GMVN, Clifftop Club, The Royal Village – Auli Resort
Suggested Read: 10 Reasons Why You Must Be In Auli Right Now
2. Dehradun – The picture-perfect capital city!
The capital city of Uttarakhand, Dehradun is located in the heart of the Doon Valley. An all time favorite among honeymooners, it is one of the most preferred Uttarakhand honeymoon destinations. Be it the year round, scenic vistas of the Garhwal Himalayas, or romantic stays, Dehradun truly justifies itself as a top honeymoon destination.
Top reasons why Dehradun is counted among the best places in Uttarakhand for honeymoon include pleasant climate all round the year, breathtaking views of the Garhwal Himalayas, plenty of romantic stays, and a range of interesting things to do.
Romantic experiences for honeymooners in Dehradun
- A momentous trip to Tapovan
- Excursion to Robber’s Cave
- A fun-filled noon visit to the Tiger Falls
- Water activities at Asan Barrage – the water sports resort
- A visit to Sahastradhara
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Dehradun: Lemon Tree Hotel, The Solitaire, Hotel Rajpur Heights, Madhuban
3. Jim Corbett – A date with untamed wilderness
Nothing beats the excitement of a honeymoon in Jim Corbett, a soothing retreat cradled in the foothills of Garhwal Himalayas. It is also known as the ‘Land of Roar’ owing to the number of tigers found in the national park region.
Jim Corbett is certainly one of the most preferred honeymoon places in Uttarakhand. Explore wilderness at its best while on a jungle safari in Corbett; if you are lucky you’d end up spotting a tiger and elephants.
Romantic experiences for honeymooners in Jim Corbett
- Spending romantic moments by the Kosi river
- A morning drive into the Jhirna Range for Tiger Safari
- Seeking divine blessings at Girija Mata Mandir
- A ride to the Corbett Falls
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Jim Corbett: Namah Resort, The Solluna Resort, Jim’s Jungle Retreat, Corbett Riverside Resort
Suggested Read: 15 Resorts In Jim Corbett That Are Definitely A Class Apart
* You can also plan a detour to Nainital, which is a 3-hour drive from Jim Corbett
4. Kausani – Magical vistas that will blow your mind
Who doesn’t like waking up to the enchanting view of snow-capped Himalayan peaks on their honeymoon? Kausani is yet another hot favorite of honeymoon places in north India that dwell upon the spectacular views of stunning peaks and lush grasslands. The magical glimpses of Bandarpoonch, Trishul Peaks, Nanda Devi, Badrinath, and Kedarnath enchant honeymooners to the core.
The spectacular sunset views and the confluence of sacred rivers and temples located ashore put Kausani among the top 5 places to be in on your honeymoon in Uttarakhand.
Romantic experiences for honeymooners in Kausani
- Excursion of Rudradhari falls and caves; and lush green terraced fields
- Short romantic walks through the dense jungles
- Watching the planets show
- A walk through the scenic Kausani tea estates
- A visit to the 12th century Baijnath temple on the bank of Gomati river
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Kausani: Krishna Mountview Resort, Heritage Resort Kausani, Kausani Best Inn, Suman Royal Resort
Suggested Read: Reasons Why A Weekend Trip To Kausani Will Totally Spoil You
5. Mussoorie – Honeymoon in the heart of Garhwal Himalayas
Be it the enchanting view of clouds suspended mid-air, or a romantic ride along the topsy-turvy road leading up to the hill-station, Mussoorie completely justifies its spot among the best honeymoon places in Uttarakhand.
The vivid market and a picturesque Tibetan settlement in the Happy Valley are some offbeat attractions, besides popular tourist places in Mussoorie.
Romantic experiences for honeymooners in Mussoorie
- Trip to Benog Wildlife Sanctuary
- Climbing to the top of Lal Tibba
- A romantic boat ride in Mussoorie lake and Lake Mist
- Cable car ride from Jhula Ghar to Gun Hill
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Mussoorie: Honeymoon Inn Mussoorie, Fortune Resort Grace, The Claridges Nabha Residence, JW Marriott Mussoorie
Suggested Read: Honeymoon In Mussoorie Is A Dreamy Start To A New Beginning
6. Nainital – Queen of Kumaon sitting atop 2000 m
From beautiful lakes fenced by the imposing mountains and inclined roads to a happening marketplace and exciting viewpoints, Nainital is a lovely collage of beautiful places and amazing experiences.
It is one of the most sought after honeymoon places in Uttarakhand for newlyweds who are looking for a pleasant romantic rendezvous in north India. It is a budget destination, but you can also plan a luxury honeymoon by opting for the best resorts in Nainital.
Romantic experiences for honeymooners in Nainital
- Boating in Naini Lake
- Catching uninterrupted view of Naina Peak
- Walking up to the Tiffin Top
- A drive up to the snow viewpoint
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Nainital: Shervani top, The Naini Retreat, The Manu Maharani Hotel, The Pavilion
7. Ranikhet – A year-round honeymoon destination
One of the exciting places to visit in Uttarakhand, Ranikhet is your cup of tea if you are looking for a private and secluded retreat. The hill station is surrounded by nature’s quietude and resembles a picture-perfect frame, luring romantic couples to its appealing environs.
From stunning sunrise to mesmerizing sunset, Ranikhet has all romantic attractions that make it a popular honeymoon place in Uttarakhand.
Romantic experiences for honeymooners in Ranikhet
- Stunning view of Mount Trishul from Majkhali
- Excursion to Bhalu dam and adjoining garden area
- Tour of Chaubatia garden and fruit orchards
- A spectacular view of popular sunset point Machkhali near Woodville Point
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Ranikhet: Chevron Rosemount, West View Ranikhet, Hotel Royal Mountain, Cosmos Himalayan Villas
Suggested Read: 10 Best Honeymoon Places In India In June
Uttarakhand is truly a slice of nature wrapped up in nature’s magnificence, making it a perfect setting for a honeymoon! Plan a honeymoon to Uttarakhand and be a live testimony to nature at its romantic best.