Indian summer is not particularly pleasant, and June of all summer months is one of the hottest. Thanks to the geographical diversity of the country, there are some incredible destinations for a summer honeymoon in India that help you beat the heat in style. Check out 10 of the best honeymoon places in India in June to plan one of most beautiful trips of your life.
India is home to some amazingly romantic destinations that offer jaw-dropping views and pleasant weather; even in the month of June, when most parts of the country are bearing scorching heat. Explore these summer heavens before you plan your romantic escape for a June honeymoon in India.
10 Best Honeymoon Places In India In June
Check out the list of budget honeymoon destinations in India in June which you can visit while you are on your honeymoon with your beloved. The places have been selected carefull from North, South, East, and West. So, take a look and choose your pick!
- Anamalai Hills – Where Kerala And Tamil Nadu Meet
- Spiti – Taking Your Love To Another Dimension
- Manali – Where River Beas Flow Like Music
- Dharamshala – Land Of Lamas And Winsomeness
- Ranikhet – Uttarakhand’s Untold Secret
- Sikkim – Northeastern Magic Spell
- Srinagar – Hills, Lakes, And Flowers
- Coorg/Kodagu – Honeymooners Hideout In Western Ghats
- Mount Abu – Only Hill Station Of Rajasthan
- Darjeeling – Basically Heaven With Tea Plantations
1. Anamalai Hills – Where Kerala And Tamil Nadu Meet
Tamil Nadu’s beloved hill station, Anaimalai also borders the state of Kerala. If you close on it from this list of the best places to visit in India in June for a honeymoon, you can cover the best of both the states. Also, June marks the beginning of the tourist season in Anaimalai which means you can grab good deals on hotel tariffs.
Suitable for: Nature loving couples
Honeymoon experiences in Anaimalai in June:
- Spend a day in Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary and Crocodile Breeding Centre at Amaravati
- Hang around at The Monkey Falls, marvelling at the nature’s mystique
Romantic places to stay in Anailmalai: Tiger Hills Resort is the best choice you can make for a mid-budget accommodation. Vivanta by Taj – Surya sprinkles magic to the honeymoon with class-apart rooms, and warm hospitality.
2. Spiti – Taking Your Love To Another Dimension
Brown rocky hills kissing the sky, and nothingness as far as your eyes can see – Spiti is beautiful, just that it is not a popular choice among honeymooners. The primary reason for this is the lack of luxury stays and conventional things to do. Spiti is for adventure loving couples who don’t mind spending their honeymoon in a basic accommodation sans modern amenities. It is for those who value admiring untouched natural beauty over comforts of a 5-star.
June is the best month for a honeymoon in Spiti as this is when most passes, including Kunzum Pass, open after the snow melts. Commonly, tourists here go around exploring villages, visiting monasteries, and capturing the sunset. You could plan a long trip of 8 days in Spiti to enjoy a secluded honeymoon here.
Suitable for: Adventure loving couples
Top honeymoon experiences in Spiti in June:
- Enjoy awe-inspiring Spiti Valley Trek
- Visit famous monasteries like Key and Tabo
- Chill out by the Chandratal Lake
Romantic places to stay: Spiti is not about lavish stays, but a warm hospitality even in its boutique hotels, and homestays. Spiti Valley Hotel is a brilliant accommodation with tariff lesser than a mid-budget stay.
3. Manali – Where River Beas Flow Like Music
Having Beas River flowing through, Manali has earned the reputation of being one of the best honeymoon places in India in June. The enjoyable weather in the day lets the couple indulge in sightseeing, and activities like paragliding and trekking. There is no doubt in the fact that it is the best place for honeymoon in June that you can opt for.
Suitable for: Nature and adventure loving couples
- Trek through the unspoilt woods of Parvati Valley, and spend some romantic moments beside Beas River
- Touch the sky while paragliding
- Raft the Beas River together
Romantic places to stay: Stay in the River Crescent Resort that overlooks Beas River and groves. This is a four star property for a luxurious time. If you’re looking for something in mid-range, then The Orchard Greens is one of the best hotels in Manali for honeymoon.
Suggested Read: 20 Heartwarming Hill Station Cafes In India For The Nomad In You
Looking To Book Your Honeymoon Package?
4. Dharamshala – Land Of Lamas And Winsomeness
Famed as the Land of Lamas, Dharamshala is among best honeymoon places in India in summer, thanks to the lovely climate of April, May, and June months. The days are quite warm as the sun shines bright, making it comfortable to go sightseeing. Nights, on the other hand, are pleasantly cold, perfect for stargazing while you two snuggle in your blanket.
Suitable for: Culture and nature lovers
Honeymoon experiences in Dharamshala in June:
- Go trekking to Triund that includes one night of camping
- Enjoy a romantic chit chat on a terrace cafe with a view of one of the best destinations in India in June.
- Wander through the Tibetan lanes of Mcleodganj which is at the higher region of hill, and overlooks the Kangra Region.
Romantic places to stay in Dharamshala: Hotel Inclover is a mid-budget hotel, ideal for the honeymooners. WelcomHeritage Grace Hotel is another option to go for, with just an addition of about two thousand rupees a night.
5. Ranikhet – Uttarakhand’s Untold Secret
Uttarakhand’s lesser-explored gem, Ranikhet has everything it takes to mark a place in this list of best honeymoon places in India in June. With sprinkles and showers in Ranikhet during this month, the vegetation is in full swing, making the mountainscape look like a painting. Also, since the rains showers get heavier in July, June is a good time to visit Ranikhet.
One of the offbeat weekend destinations from Delhi, Ranikhet offers lovebirds utter tranquility and privacy.
Suitable for: Couples who love going off the beaten path
Honeymoon experiences in Ranikhet in June:
- Take a morning stroll on the lesser tread paths in Ranikhet
- Visit the Chaubatia Garden and stroll on the fruit orchards
- Spend some moments by the serene Bhalu Dam
Romantic places to stay: Ranikhet is great for couples wanting a leisure honeymoon. More than places to see, the attractions here are the amazing places to stay. Vimoksha Resorts is surely a grab for the mid-budget choices. WelcomHeritage Windsor Lodge will make your honeymoon a little more romantic, if you’re willing to go on a higher end accommodation.
6. Sikkim – Northeastern Magic Spell
Unfurling the striking colors of Northeast, Sikkim and its blooming pristine beauty tell you exactly why it is one of the best place for honeymoon in India in June. As summer nears its end in June, monsoon starts knocking on the door. The drizzles create magic by turning the landscape into a fairyland. The end of peak tourist season provide a less-crowded exploration while you’re on your honeymoon in Sikkim.
Suitable for: Nature and culture lovers
Honeymoon experiences in Sikkim in June:
- Romance beside the picturesque Tsomgo Lake and Gurudongmar Lake
- Tour Rumtek Monastery, Pemayangtse Monastery, and Namgyal Institute of Tibetology
- Take a sightseeing tour to cover all major tourist attractions of Sikkim
Romantic places to stay in Sikkim: Delisso Abode is a haven for couples looking for nominal budget stays. And for those who fancy a palatial property, we recommend Denzong Regency.
7. Srinagar – Hills, Lakes, And Flowers
Srinagar often finds its way in the list of best honeymoon places in India in June. The Srinagar weather is June is pleasant. During this time, the frozen lakes are freshly melted and the flowers just begin to bloom past the snowy winters of Srinagar. With so much beauty in the valley, there is no reason why you should not be planning a honeymoon in Srinagar in June.
Suitable for: Couples with a love for botany and lakes
Romantic experiences in Srinagar in June:
- Indulge in romantic shikara ride on the magnificent Dal Lake
- Visit the royal Mughal gardens – Nishat Bagh, Chashme Shahi, and Shalimar Bagh
Romantic places to stay in Srinagar: For a cozy stay, consider the houseboats in Srinagar. Peacock Houseboats are a good pick for medium budget and Butt’s Clermont Houseboats for a grander affair.
8. Coorg/Kodagu – Honeymooners Hideout In Western Ghats
Going down south, Coorg is certainly of the most popular and best honeymoon places in India in June. With the onset of rainy season this month, Coorg turns prettier each day as colorful flowers bloom and drizzle drops shine on the green leaves. The scenery of Coorg in June is just right for a romantic escapade with your partner. If you love nature and are looking for honeymoon destinations in India in June then there cannot be a better option than Coorg.
Suitable for: Nature lovers
Honeymoon experiences in Coorg in June:
- Visit Abbey Falls and Irupu Falls; both of which are listed as top places to visit in Coorg
- Explore the 17th century Madikeri Fort
- Ride an elephant at Dubare Elephant Camp
Romantic places to stay in Coorg: Stay Simple Raj Gardenia Resort is the place that does justice to every penny spent. We suggest Vivanta By Taj – Madikeri for an extravagant honeymoon, that also will be a staycation.
9. Mount Abu – Only Hill Station Of Rajasthan
Looking for the best places to visit in June in India for honeymoon? Mount Abu will rekindle your love! Rajasthan though gets hot and boiling in the month of June, but Mount Abu greets you with lovely weather. With cold nights and pleasant days, Mount Abu is one of the most romantic best honeymoon places in India in June month. Aravalli Range, surrounding the glistening Nakki Lake weaves a panorama you both would not be able to put your eyes off.
Suitable for: Nature lovers
Honeymoon experiences in Mt Abu in June:
- Take a boatride on the Nakki Lake in the evening
- Glance at the immaculate artistry in Dilwara Jain Temples, one of the famous tourist attractions of Mount Abu
- Watch the sunset from the famed Sunset Point, while whispering sweet nothings
Romantic places to stay in Mt Abu: Krishna Niwas The Heritage House is a lovely stay for the couples seeking mid-budget accommodation. For a more luxurious option WelcomHeritage Connaught House makes up for a great deal.
Planning your honeymoon but confused about where to go? These honeymoon stories help you find your best honeymoon trip ever!
10. Darjeeling – Basically Heaven With Tea Plantations
Darjeeling treats you to eye soothing views of rolling green hills merging with white clouds. As the monsoon season starts kicking in, Darjeeling becomes one of the best honeymoon places in India in June. The climate becomes pleasant and the landscape gets greener, making this lovely hill station a delight for newly wedded couples planning a honeymoon in India.
Suitable for: Tea and nature lovers
Romantic experiences in Darjeeling in June:
- Taste the best teas during Tea garden tours
- Hike to Tiger Hill to watch the sunset and Mount Kanchenjunga
- Hop up the Darjeeling toy train to witness a romantic panorama and top tourist places in Darjeeling
Romantic places to stay in Darjeeling: A short walk away from Ghoom Monastery, Khush Alaya is that standard-budget hilltop hotel which will add further charm to your honeymoon. Windamere Hotel is yet another choice for a rather more luxe escape.
Enticed by the best honeymoon places in India in June? These exotic Indian honeymoon destinations will allure you with all its beauty, and when you visit them there are little chances you’ll want to leave ever! So, get packed, plan your vacation in India and leave right away!
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Honeymoon Places In India In June
A. If you are looking for a cozy and romantic honeymoon destination in June in India, places such as Srinagar, Leh, Shimla, Manali, and Mussoorie are among the best options.
A. Ladakh, Uttrakhand, Rishikesh, Sikkim, and Mysore are the haven for adventure seekers and offer a huge variety of land, air and water activities.
A. Some of the best places to visit in Sikkim in Summers are:
1. Bakthang Waterfall.
2. Goecha La.
3. Yumthang Valley of Flowers.
4. Nathu La Pass.
5. Lake Tsomgo.
6. Khangchendzonga National Park
A. Though June is the hottest month of the year, If you still wish to see snow-covered mountains with a romantic environment on your honeymoon, then Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Sikkim are a few places where you can still see snow-covered mountains even during summers.
A. A few of the most romantic hill stations for a dreamy honeymoon in North India are:
A. Idukki, Kodaikanal, Coonoor, and Yercaud are the best honeymoon places in South India in June.
A. Shimla, Ooty, Kovalam, and Darjeeling are the budget honeymoon places in India.
A. Make your honeymoon in Mount Abu even more romantic with ease these things to do:
1. Spend a romantic evening together at the Sunset Point
2. Enjoy a boat ride at the beautiful Nakki Lake
3. Find romance at the batter of the Achalgarh Fort
4. Explore the rocky terrains of the Honeymoon Point
5. Walk down the colorful lanes of the Khadi Bazaar.
Looking To Book An International Honeymoon?
People Also Read: