We had booked 6 nights package at Outrigger resort. The resort is very good, has a very long stretch of beach which is what we wanted. The rooms are spacious and since we were with 2 kids the Fa...
mily Ocean View room with seperate room and bunk bed for the kids was very comfortable. We were given check in immediately on reaching as the resort was only 25-30% occupied. This was well appreciated
The resort Manager was courteous and called us to discuss our concerns, he truly cares about his customers. The Indian chef Mr Pradeep makes good food and took attempts to make Indian food of our choice. These 2 things we appreciated a great deal.
However, the weather was not good in June, we encountered rains in most of the days and could not fully enjoy the site seeing or the resort.
Some things which you should keep in mind about Outrigger before you recommend to your clients:
- The food schedule is a big let down.
Breakfast is buffet, but Indian items only 2 are made eg bhajiyas everyday and 1 more item like poha. Grossly inadequate. With so many Indian clients they should have at least 5 items in the menu everyday. The danish pastries are made well but cakes are very hard. Didn't enjoy it.
For dinner, first of all they have buffet only for 3-4 days of the week and the rest of the days it's a la carte where you get to choose 1 each starter, main course and desert.
The continental options are many but Indian options are very few, only 3 main course items in whole menu. Grossly inadequate. They should have some variety of items to choose from. First few days we struggled to eat at dinner.
The Indian chef was kind enough to offer to make some items if you request but why should it come to this. With many Indian tourists the resort should have buffet dinner like other 5 star hotels or have variety of Indian items in the menu.
The food was the worst experience. So for Indians, I wouldnt recommend this resort from a good perspective.
- The teens activity centre which had pool table, air hockey, fuse ball etc was not operating when we arrived and the condition remained like that for 4-5 days. After we complained, they management made some efforts to get it repaired but it was no use to us as it was our last day at the resort. This was not expected of a 5 star resort.
- All 3 days of site seeing, we spent 2 hours only travelling back and forth to pick up other families from their hotels. We were first to be picked up and last to be dropped.The travel to places of site seeing were additional time. This really tired us and we got fed up of travel especially with kids.
- The North tour which took almost the whole day was a waste of time. Other than the Citadel Fort, the rest of the places were just time pass. You should get the same removed from itenary. People go all the way to spend time in the resort and enjoy, not just to pass time on places not worth visiting
- The South tour and the Ile Aux Cerfs island was worth visiting, though we got only 45 mins at the island.....planning was not done very well.