Information About Sanchi Stupa, Bhopal
Rated 4.2/5 (based on 47 reviews )
Best time to visit
Sep - Mar
Tips for Sanchi Stupa
- Here are some relevant facts and Sanchi Stupa information in Bhopal: The stupa is perched on a hill with an height of 91 metres (approx 300 feet).
- Great Stupa from the 3rd century is the oldest structure in India that is built in stone.
- Its panels show particularly the four events from the life of the Buddha: the Nativity, the Enlightenment, the First Sermon, and the Decease.
- The site was restored by Sir John Marshall in 1919. It is advisable to wear comfortable and covered clothes
- Do not make a lot of noise inside the temple
- Do not disturb the devotees inside the temple
- Wash your hands before entering the temple.
Fastest Growing Holiday Marketplace
Easy, Secure & Reliable
Want best packages handpicked just for you?
Fill the form and get a callback from our holiday experts
FAQ's of Bhopal
Read on to find out why our customers love us!
The Great Stupa at Sanchi was commissioned by the emperor Ashoka.
This heritage site is located roughly 46 kilometres northeast of Bhopal.
It was commissioned in 3rd century BCE.
Yes you can reach the palace using rickshaw or other local transport from nearby areas.
Yes it is perfectly safe to visit the temple
How It Works
Personalise This Package
Make changes as per your travel plan & submit the request.
Get Multiple Quotes
Connect with top 3 agents, compare quotes & customize further.
Book The Best Deal
Pay in easy installments & get ready to enjoy your holiday.
Holiday Triangle Travel Private Limited
Address: Plot No - 29 , 3rd & 4th Floor,
Dynamic House, Maruti Industrial Complex, Sector 18,
Landline: 1800 123 5555
Connect with us on :
All rights reserved © 2018