Hong Kong is a bustling city in China known for having a breathtaking skyline, vibrant nightlife, luxury resorts, cosmopolitan culture, and shopping experience. This Hong Kong travel guide is sure to prove helpful when planning your day. Known as the land of Buddhist monasteries and western architecture, there are some amazing places to visit in Hong Kong such as Victoria Peak, Central, Disneyland, Ocean Park, and more. An amalgamation of Chinese and western culture, Hong Kong is where the east meets the west. Check out the famous Hong Kong attractions, which make the vibrant city a traveler’s favorite destination. Keep in mind the main Hong Kong points of interest when planning your itinerary to enjoy the best of this island city in a planned and organized manner. While planning a trip to Hong Kong, travelers must also include a tour of Macau to explore the top places to visit in Macau, and indulge in various thrilling activities. Here’s a list of some of the best Macau and Hong Kong tourist places which you must not miss during your tour.
1. For those wondering where to start or where to go in Hong Kong, Ocean Park is a great place to start. It is one of the most visited tourist attractions in Hong Kong. While its waterfront section has key attractions like the Grand Aquarium, Aqua city, and four red Pandas, Summit section has roller-coaster and other rides to offer a thrilling experience. Housing 5000 fishes, the dome of the Grand Aquarium is the largest in the world. Also, the cable car that takes people from the Lowland (waterfront) to the Headland (Summit) is a mesmerizing experience itself.
2. Victoria Peak is another famous place among the top tourist attractions in Hong Kong. Being the highest point in Hong Kong, it offers a spectacular view of the city sprawling with skyscrapers and other scenic areas. The Peak Tower, located on the mountain, has two viewing platforms for the visitors, one being the larger Sky Terrace 428 while the second is the free Peak Galleria – an observation deck that offers spectacular views of the Victoria Harbour. On a Hong Kong sightseeing tour, make sure to explore streets of SoHo and Wan Chai neighborhoods to get a taste of legendary nightlife in Hong Kong.
3. Built in 1915, Clock Tower is actually a section of the Railway terminus of Kowloon – Canton and is one of the most popular Hong Kong tourist spots. Declared as a standalone monument, the 44-meter-tall Clock Tower is made from granite and red brick, a sign of Steam-age. The light show of the light rod, atop its peak, makes Clock Tower an enchanting attraction in the night. The inner wooden staircase can be used to escalate to the top, which is currently under renovation.
4. Tian Tan Buddha also holds a significant place in the top Hong Kong attractions. Famous as ‘Big Buddha’, the humongous statue is seated on a lotus throne atop a mountain on the Lantau Island. On the first of the three platforms of the lotus throne, there are six statues of bronze, symbolizing six perfections essential to attain enlightenment. The computerized bell here is a famous attraction for its 108 daily rings.
5. Visit various important tourist attractions in Hong Kong like Madam Tussauds, Hong Kong Space Museum and Theatre, University Museum and Art Gallery, Hong Kong Museum of History, Hong Kong Maritime Museum, Ten Thousand Buddha’s Monastery, Po Lin Monastery, Wetland Park, Ma Wan Park, Kowloon among others. These places to go in Hong Kong deserve at least a day for being completely explored.
6. And for an adrenaline rush, enjoy the wild rides at Disneyland, Ocean Park and Gong Ping 360. The culture sports centre, Avenue of Stars is one of the must visit Hong Kong tourist attractions. Lastly, check out the buzzing Gaunia Square, Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade, and the shimmering skyline, which are the best places to visit in Hong Kong at night.