Kullu Travel Guide
A well-developed guide providing the best possible assistance in the love-spun climate of Kullu for a rejuvenating experience here.
Rated 4/5 (based on 3398 reviews )
Best time to visit
Mar - Jun
- Ideal for families
5 Top Temples in Kullu, Himachal
The temples in Kullu are some of the best in India. A hub for pilgrims, people travel from all over India to visit these, especially the ancient temples in Kullu. Famous temples in Kullu include Raghunath Temple, constructed in AD 1660 (dedicated to Lord Rama), Vaishno Devi Temple, built in AD 1964 (one of the most popular temples in Kullu), Bijli Mahadev Temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva and much more. Some of the other temples in Kullu are Rama Temple, Manu Maharaj Temple, Vashishta Rishi Temple, Sandhya Devi Temple, Dashal Temple, Tripura Sundari Temple, Basheshwar Mahadev Temple, Devi Jagannath Temple, Vishnu Temple, Hadimba Devi Temple. Here are 5 most famous temples in Kullu District:
1. Raghunath Temple in Kullu is enshrined by the image of Lord Rama. The best time to visit Raghunath Temple is during Kullu Dasara celebrations. It is one of the oldest and most pious temples in Himachal Pradesh.
2. Mata Vaishno Devi Temple in Kullu or Mata Vaishno Maha Devi Tirth lies on the Kullu-Manali National Highway about 3 km away from the main city. One of the most revered places in Kullu, it is dedicated to an avatar of Goddess Parvati.
3. The Bishweshwar Temple in Kullu is another place of worship that is known for its strong architectural value since it survived a major earthquake in 1905 and is hence a protected monument.
4. Adi Brahma Temple, which was built in the 14th century and has intricate divine carvings on its doors.
5. Bijli Mahadev Temple in Kullu District can be approached by a delightful trek of 3 km. Located at an altitude of more than 2500 meters, it allows breathtaking views of both Kullu and Parvati Valleys.
One can really feel the divine presence at these religious sites in Kullu and that is why it is one of the best destinations in India for people of faith. Overall, there are a lot of religious places in Kullu spanning a lot of faiths and visiting this place for divinity would be a great idea.
Raghunath Temple in Kullu
Kullu is also known as the “Valley of Gods” because it is home to a lot of temples that reflect Hindu Mythology and the rich culture that Himachal Pradesh has. Raghunath Temple Kullu is located at a height of two thousand and fifty-six meters above the sea level. The Raghunath Temple in Kullu is dedicated to Lord Rama and w...
- Religious Tour
Dussehra Festival In Kullu
A week-long festival of Dussehra celebrated in the most majestic way possible, coupled with dance, music teeming with diversities in culture, Dussehra in Kullu is bound to get the jaws dropped of every onlooker. People from all over the world gather up in the alleys of Kullu to witness the festival with umpteenth faith and ...
- Family Special
- City Tour
Fastest Growing Holiday Marketplace
Easy, Secure & Reliable
Want best packages handpicked just for you?
Fill the form and get a callback from our holiday experts
How It Works
Personalise This Package
Make changes as per your travel plan & submit the request.
Get Multiple Quotes
Connect with top 3 agents, compare quotes & customize further.
Book The Best Deal
Pay in easy installments & get ready to enjoy your holiday.
Holiday Triangle Travel Private Limited
Address: Plot No - 29 , 3rd & 4th Floor,
Dynamic House, Maruti Industrial Complex, Sector 18,
Landline: 1800 123 5555
Connect with us on :
All rights reserved © 2018