Things to do in Mandi
Welcome to the erstwhile royal city of Himachal, Mandi
Rated 4/5 (based on 5842 reviews )
Best time to visit
Apr - Oct
Ideal for families
Ideal for friends
Adventure Activities Mandi
Mandi is a hidden gem in Himachal Pradesh which all the people who love mountains should definitely visit. The ancient temples, recently built dams, and the captivating lakes, all make it a perfect tourist destination. If you are looking for what things to do in Mandi, take a glance at the list given below.
Adventure Activities Mandi
1. Rejuvenate Your Soul At Bir Monastery: If you want to escape to a peaceful and calm place, this monastery is the best. You will get a glimpse of tibetan culture here and idols of Lord Budda are displaced as this is a holy place for the followers of Buddhism. It is one of the ideal places where you can rejuvenate your inner self.
2. Fishing At Barot: Fishing is a fun activity which you can perform at barot with your loved ones. Choose a morning or evening slot for yourself, according to your comfort and you are good to go. There are various camps set up in Joginder Nagar where you can improve and showcase your fishing skills. It is always better to carry a set of extra clothes here, in case you are drenched in water.
3. Take Sunbath At Sunken Garden: If you are someone who loves nature walk and can gaze at the stunning site of green plants and colorful flowers for hours, this garden will truly steal your heart. This garden is about 500 years old and is one of the striking places to engage with nature and take a sunbath at.
4. Visit The Nargu Wildlife Sanctuary: The Nargu Wildlife Sanctuary is located in Barot village and is one of the most fascinating sites where one must pay a visit. You will find a range of animals here including birds, musk deer, monal, barking deer, etc. This is a famous spot for wildlife lovers and they love to click pictures of these species here. So, carry your camera along here and click some of the best shots.
5. Trekking At Prashar Lake: The Prashar Lake is the gem of Mandi. You can capture some of the most beautiful sights of Himachal here. One of the best things to do in Mandi Himachal is undoubtedly trekking to this lake. Apart from this, you can stroll at the mesmerizing village or walk through the lush forests. You can also gorge at the 180 view of the brilliant Dhauladhar range. People also book a trekking tour for themselves here and create some amazing memories.
6. River Rafting At Tattapani: If you wish to do river rafting in Mandi, you must head to Tattapani. It is performed in River Satluj, which lasts for about 40 minutes, at a stretch of 6 kms.. Tattapani is a serene village in Mandi where you can perform a number of other activities too. People not only love to have an experience of rafting here, but also other activities such as paragliding, skiing, trekking, camping, zorbing, etc.
7. Camping: Is camping in your bucket list for a long time now? Then make this wish come true now as you can camp under the stars. It would be an unbelievable experience in Barot valley. The area is covered with greenery all around. On an average, it would cost you INR 1,099 per person. So, go along with your buddies here and have a wonderful stay.
8. Taste The Exotic Cuisines: One of the best things to do in Mandi, HP which you should not miss is the delicious culinary here. Momos and thukpa are the specialities here and the one place which does will give you an unbeatable match is the topchen restaurant. You also get to experience the Tibetan culture here. So, treat the foodie inside of you at this spot.
Jalori Pass In Mandi
The Jalori Pass in Mandi, Himachal Pradesh lies amidst the northern Himalayas between Kullu and Shimla. It is a beautiful trekking pass, surrounded with dazzling flowers, and snow all around. The Jalori pass height is 10,800 feet above sea level and is a popular trekking destination. You can enjoy this trekking spot to the ...
Prashar Lake In Mandi
Prashar Lake in Mandi, Himachal Pradesh lies amid the Dhauladhar ranges of Kullu. Situated above 2730 m from the sea level, it is mostly frozen during the winter season. The months from April to July and September to November are the optimal time to visit this lake as the water is crystal clear and it looks absolutely stunn...
Unlimited Choices. Trusted Agents. Best Prices. Happy Memories.
Our experts would love to create a package just for you!
Fill in your requirements here >
Fastest Growing Holiday Marketplace
Easy, Secure & Reliable
Authentic Traveler Reviews
Read on to find out why our customers love us!
Kushagratyagi's 3 days trip to MandiEvery thing was good.. But i faced problem at check out time at hotel.. N found the cab driver was in bit hurry during kullu nagar visit.. Rest everything was ok Solang valley was the best one
Sumathy's 3 days trip to MandiIt was a great experience, thanks to the travel agency for arranging such a memorable trip. Will suggest it to my friends as well.
Govripaka Hari Karishna
Govripaka's 6 days trip to MandiAMBITION DESTINATION TOUR AND TRAVEL Agent provided good services I just wanted to thank you
Poonitrawal's 4 days trip to MandiPlz keep the check out timing in evening when the bus is at evening....all the people along with us felt homeless during that time...the time was not getting passed n it was too cold outside...even if u go for sight seeing u will hardly spend 3 hours....from 3 pm to 10 pm u r completely homeless at a very cold place....talk with yo hotel counterparts to adjust timings for your customers...
Nick's 7 days trip to MandiOverall it was amazing and enjoy a lot Solangvalley an amazing place and Shimla very peaceful place
Adi's 6 days trip to MandiManali trip seems to be full waste of money I've lose faith on following your directions, driver was also not that smart to at least let us know what is best and what not... I've wasted quite good amounts of money with your package + by spending there in manali.. which could have used really well otherwise There's nothing seems to be best from your end coz none of them at hotel were showing up any courtesy to greet us well like it's just there job they were doing to justify there salary
Spawar's 6 days trip to Mandiits super duper Experience. very nice traveltriagnle service. gr8 support in traveling time. thanks Traveltriangle.
Anurag's 8 days trip to MandiOverall good. Driver was very experienced and friendlya
Peddi's 6 days trip to MandiI had a good stay at shimla and the manali hotel is worst and food also worst honeymoon inclusion also worst in manali don't expect so much for honeymoon package Paradise resort is so memorable and Solang valley also
Niranjanshirke's 5 days trip to MandiManali was good but shimla i dont find interesting there...else is great Solang valley...
Want best packages handpicked just for you?
Fill the form and get a callback from our holiday experts
FAQ's of Mandi
Read on to find out why our customers love us!
Mandi is an erstwhile princely state that is now an integral part of Himachal Pradesh. This rapidly growing city in the hilly state, famously houses the most prestigious technical institute of the country, The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT). It is also well known among travellers for the annual International Mandi Shivaratri Fair which is flocked by a number of visitors every year.
Aptly called Mandi which means marketplace in Hindi, is a great place in Himachal to buy local artefacts of the state which includes handicrafts, handmade pottery, handloom garments and also silver jewelry. Make sure to also check out the pahari woodwork of the local artisans in little stalls here. You can also find a lot of Tibetan items here in Mandi including home decor and other items.
Mandi is a great place in Himachal to get a taste of the local flavours. There are a numerous food joints and restaurants where you can go to have some authentic pahari cuisines. Other than that most restaurants here serve north Indian and chinese delicacies.
Mandi is not one of the coldest places in Himachal being a more urban locality than the other more remote areas. However, the hilly environs do allow the town to boast of a minimum of 8 degree celsius during winters.
Mandi is a great place in Himachal to begin your journey in the hilly state, so there are a lot of accommodation options here. You can find a lot of high end 3 & 4 star hotels like the Regent Palms hotel & The Raj Mahal Palace. But if you wish to go for budget options you can stay in cozy homestay, a guest house or a hostel which are also available here.
How It Works1
Personalise This Package
Make changes as per your travel plan & submit the request.2
Get Multiple Quotes
Connect with top 3 agents, compare quotes & customize further.3
Book The Best Deal
Pay in easy installments & get ready to enjoy your holiday.