Tips For Lighthouse Beach In Kovalam
One of the most famous beaches in Kovalam complimented by a magnificent lighthouse
Rated 4.1/5 (based on 7870 reviews)
Best time to visit
Sep - Feb
- Ideal for families
- Ideal for Couples
Tips for Lighthouse Beach
- While getting to Lighthouse beach, make sure that you are not overcharged by auto drivers/taxi drivers. Bargaining is recommended
- There are a number of options available to stay despite Kovalam being fairly small, with a lot of them around Lighthouse Beach as this is the main attraction
- As there are a number of beachside spas offering spa treatments, it is advisable to make sure that the place you go to is certified by the Kerala Tourism Department
- Be sure to try the exquisite seafood at any of the many beachside shacks and restaurants near Lighthouse Beach
- There are lifeguards around on Lighthouse beach and it is a good idea to go swimming or surfing near where they are unless you are very experienced as the waves here are pretty huge
- Shopping at the beachfront can be tricky as the shop owners overcharge heavily. Negotiating is strongly advisable
- It is also a good idea to check what you are buying as some shops on Lighthouse Beach have been known to sell fake gems and silver items and such
- Honeymooners should definitely take a walk down Lighthouse Beach around sunset time as there are very few settings more romantic than that in India or even the world
- When indulging in watersports and other such adventure activities here, make sure you pay attention to what the instructors have to say and follow it, especially if you are a beginner.
Fastest Growing Holiday Marketplace
Easy, Secure & Reliable
Want best packages handpicked just for you?
Fill the form and get a callback from our holiday experts
FAQ's of Kovalam
Read on to find out why our customers love us!
The activities for the adventurous include swimming, surfing, parasailing and paragliding.
Light house beach is named after the 30 meter high lighthouse here which is the most important feature of this beach. The lighthouse is located towards the southern end of the beach and it's on a cape.
Mararikulam is connected by rail and has a railway station by the same name. It is also well connected by road. NH 47 passes through S.L.Puram, which is 5 km to the east of Mararikulam and the Nearest airport is Cochin International Airport.
How It Works
Personalise This Package
Make changes as per your travel plan & submit the request.
Get Multiple Quotes
Connect with top 3 agents, compare quotes & customize further.
Book The Best Deal
Pay in easy installments & get ready to enjoy your holiday.
Holiday Triangle Travel Private Limited
Address: Plot No - 29 , 3rd & 4th Floor,
Dynamic House, Maruti Industrial Complex, Sector 18,
Landline: 1800 123 5555
Connect with us on :
All rights reserved © 2018