Tips for Dal Lake in Srinagar
The Pride of Kashmir Valley
Rated 4.2/5 (based on 1913 reviews )
Best time to visit
Oct - Mar
- Ideal for families
Tips for Dal Lake
- Always carry some warm clothes with you as the weather is mostly cool in Srinagar
- Try to visit the Dal Lake either in the morning or evening to enjoy its magical charm and serenity
- Leave early in the morning if you want to explore the floating vegetable market
- The charges for one hour Shikara ride are around INR 400 to 500, but you can always negotiate and can save even more if you are in a group
- Take some pictures in the traditional Kashmiri dress while posing in the Shikara with flowers.
Fastest Growing Holiday Marketplace
Easy, Secure & Reliable
Want best packages handpicked just for you?
Fill the form and get a callback from our holiday experts
FAQ's of Srinagar
Read on to find out why our customers love us!
Camping is not allowed at Dal Lake, but there are houseboats on the lake as well as hotels near the lake to stay in.
A local market, selling fresh fruits, vegetables and flowers, is held in the Dal Lake in the early morning hours. The market is held on separate shikaras that travel around the lake selling their ware.
The Dal Lake has an average depth of 1.50 metres, around 5 feet.
How It Works
Personalise This Package
Make changes as per your travel plan & submit the request.
Get Multiple Quotes
Connect with top 3 agents, compare quotes & customize further.
Book The Best Deal
Pay in easy installments & get ready to enjoy your holiday.
Holiday Triangle Travel Private Limited
Address: Plot No - 29 , 3rd & 4th Floor,
Dynamic House, Maruti Industrial Complex, Sector 18,
Landline: 1800 123 5555
Connect with us on :
All rights reserved © 2018