TravelTriangle offers multi-faceted Ooty Tour Packages starting from Rs. 7,000/- for an unforgettable holiday. Explore the packages below, specially curated by our certified travel experts.
Ooty, home to the Nilgiri mountains, is considered one of the most beautiful hill stations in India. Ranging from mountains, lakes, picturesque views, tea plantations and what not, Ooty packages have everything in store for tourists. One will find a diversity of everything, from lively gardens to beautiful lakes, from scenic peaks to amazing museums and churches, and a lot more. Offering such a bevy of experiences, an excursion to this amazing hill station is a sure delight. And, when one opts for our Ooty tour packages that are again equipped with all the world-class facilities, there is no reason to further delay this journey. Go on an exciting journey with Ooty tour packages and witness the most beautiful landscapes of India.
Go through our list of travel packages, and plan a visit to this hill station in Tamil Nadu with our customizable tour plan.
Before hopping on a tour to this travel destination, it is vital to know the perfect duration for a visit here in order to make the most of this excursion.
How to Reach?
Ooty is a beautiful hill station in Tamil Nadu and is popularly known as the “Queen of hill stations”. Ooty is accessible by air, rail, and road. With Ooty holiday packages, witness the splendid attractions in an exotic location. So, if you are planning to spend the holiday in this beautiful location and wondering how to reach Ooty, here is the detailed information which will help you choose the best mode of transportation.
The nearest domestic airport to Ooty is of Coimbatore which is around 88 kilometers away. Coimbatore Domestic Airport is very well connected to other major Indian cities. So grab Ooty tour packages with flight from Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Pune and other top cities in India. Bangalore International Airport is the nearest international airport to Ooty which is around 295 kilometers away. The international airport in Bangalore is connected to the major cities around the world. The domestic airlines operating at Coimbatore Airport are IndiGo, SpiceJet, Air India Express, and Air India.
The nearest railway station to Ooty is Mettupalayam, which is around 40 kilometers from Ooty. One can easily book a cab from Mettupalayam and reach Ooty in an hour approximately. There are many trains coming to Mettupalayam from Chennai, Coimbatore, and Mangalore. The famous trains coming to Mettupalayam are Nilagiri Express (12671), Coimbatore Mettupalayam Passenger (56144), and Udagamandalam to Mettupalayam (56137).
There are many luxury and government buses available to Ooty from Mysore, Bangalore, and Chennai. The distance between Bangalore to Ooty is around 266 kilometers and can be covered in around 6 hours. Mysore to Ooty distance is around 126 kilometers and can be covered in around 3 hours and 57 minutes. The distance between Chennai and Ooty is 547 kilometers and can be covered in around 12 hours.
Can Ooty Be Visited Throughout The Year?
The best time to enjoy these thrilling Ooty tour package is in the summer months, that is, March to June. The weather is generally pleasant in these months and is perfectly suitable for sightseeing and other tourist activities. The average temperature in summers doesn’t cross 20-degree celsius. Being a hill station, Ooty serves as a year-round destination which can be visited during summers to escape the heat, and also during winters to experience the winter chill of the hill station. Monsoons also give a refreshing look to the hills but, at the same time, create some hindrance for sightseeing, and outdoor activities. If there are heavy showers of rain, hotel and travel deals are cheaper in the monsoon season in Ooty. People who are on budget can avail Ooty packages in monsoon season and witness a refreshing look of Ooty, as the entire city looks fresh and rejuvenated in monsoons. Ooty is a summer retreat in the state of Tamil Nadu, situated at an altitude of 2240 m above sea level. The town is just 86 km from Coimbatore and 128 km from Mysore and is also the capital of the Nilgiris district. So, get ready to escape the scorching heat of the bustling cities, and head towards a mesmerizing journey to this exotic hill station with our Ooty holiday packages, now!
What An Ideal Package For A Tour To Ooty Must Include?
Ooty, also called Udhagamandalam, is a hill-station with many wonders. Due to its unique geography, this town has a charm of a quiet hill station. From serene viewpoints, eccentric markets, to bewitching customs, it offers a glimpse of all. However, a well-planned travel package for Ooty includes various sightseeing tours to see the amazing attractions offered by the hill station. The most famous among the Ooty attractions are the beautiful Tea plantations. Ooty travel packages are not considered complete without a visit to these tea plantations. The visit is accompanied by a detailed coffee and tea tour. Trekking, boating, shopping, toy train rides, and long drives are top activities in Ooty for travelers of all interests.
What Are The Highlights Of An Ooty Tour?
One of the major highlights of visiting Ooty is hopping on a toy train ride and exploring waterfalls and viewpoints. There are several day treks in Ooty to go near the waterfalls. Enjoy the peaceful and serene landscapes with the package that comes with Ooty trip cost. Also, Ooty is home to a number of beautiful lakes offering a peaceful and soothing time to the visitors. Whether one is coming with his family, or friend, or couple, one usually enjoys a great time besides these lakes, no matter what the company may be. The most visited Ooty places always include various famous lakes like- Ooty Lake, the most serene place to visit in Ooty, enjoy a great boating session here; Pykara Lake, offering picturesque views; Avalanche Lake; Upper Bhavani Lake; and Emerald Lake. With an endeavor to offer an amazing experience to our travelers, we, at TravelTriangle, have crafted an amazing list of Ooty tour packages that include all the major attractions and activities, so as to make the whole journey even more remarkable. Notwithstanding the varying interests of every traveler, these packages are meant to offer a delightful experience that can keep each visitor of Ooty hooked till the culmination of the trip.
What to eat in Ooty?
Ooty is an amazing hill station and there are a lot of food items that are worth trying in Ooty. From restaurants to local street vendors, you will get these savouries at almost all the places in Ooty. Let’s see what all dishes should one try when in Ooty:
- Avial: It is one of the most famous dishes to try out in Ooty for vegetarians. Seasoned with coconut oil and curry leaves, the dish is in the form of a thick mixture made of 13 vegetables and it tastes awesome.
- Chicken Chettinad: Chicken Chettinad is another famous dish of Ooty which is a must try for all the people who love to have chicken on their plates. The chicken is marinated in a variety of spices and a paste of red chilli and yogurt.
- Kozhi Varutharachathu: This is also a chicken dish in which chicken is cooked with roasted and grounded coconut and spices.
Where Can A Nature Lover Head To On This Tour?
On these Ooty travels, one also comes across several beautifully maintained gardens, which always succeed in mesmerizing every single visitor. Some of the most famous ones of these are- the Botanical Garden, displaying an amazing collection of flowers and exotic plants; the Rose Garden houses a collection of approximately 3600 varieties of roses and so on. Go through the detailed listings of customizable tour packages for Ooty to make your time in Tamil Nadu memorable. Book the itinerary that provides the best value-for-money experiences and enjoy your vacation with our Ooty packages. Ooty is one of the best hill stations in South India to experience a short sojourn, while in conversation with nature and its innumerable wonders. Ooty packages, if rightly planned, will surely let a traveler have the best time of their lives. Book well-planned tour packages for Ooty, and get away from the hustle-bustle of city life. Some of the latest Ooty tour packages with flight might not offer you several other facilities but our customizable packages offer you both the facilities. These packages ensure that you do not have to browse through multiple websites to get the best flight deal.
Things to Carry
- If you are traveling in winters, make sure to pack woolen clothes and a jacket since the temperature falls considerably.
- However, if you are traveling in summers, make sure to carry a light sweatshirt and scarf.
- Carry a raincoat to protect you from unexpected drizzles.
- Carry a personal first-aid kit with you.
- Keep anti-vomit medication if you have motion sickness.
- If you are planning to go on a trek, then keep yourself equipped with a flashlight, a matchbox, hand sanitizer, etc.
- Also, keep insect repellent cream.
- Carry your ID proof and other important documents. Also, keep extra copies of your ID proofs.
- Wear a comfortable pair of shoes.
- Also, keep an extra pair of socks during winters.
- Carry a garbage bag with you to dump your on-the-go trash.
- Carry sunscreen, moisturizer, and lip balm.
- Cary a recent map of the place you are visiting.
- Don’t forget to keep your camera.
- ATMs are available at short distances, therefore, you don’t have to travel loaded with cash. However, it is recommended to keep sufficient cash to at least lat a day.
- Note the best time to visit Ooty and plan your visit during that time to explore the best of Ooty.
- Always check the weather forecast before planning your travel to Ooty.
- Also, check the local news for road conditions.
- Do not keep all of your cash in one place. Make sure you have stored some amount in a separate pocket as well.
- Never leave your belongings unattended and always be vigilant.