Sitting on the south coast of China, Hong Kong is a remarkable blend of tradition, diverse culture and cosmopolitan lifestyle. Famous for its skyline, theme parks, museums and monasteries, Hong Kong is the home to some of the most beautiful tourist attractions in the world which is the reason why Hong Kong are heavily availed by travelers from Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata, Delhi and all other major cities of India. So, grab a hassle-free holiday package, without much ado, and hop on an excursion to this vibrant location for a gala time.
Nestled in the Indian Ocean, as one strolls through the endless line of skyscrapers and cherish the stunning nightlife, the Hong Kong tour adds some exquisite moments to the journey.
Best Time to Book Hong Kong Tour Packages
Being a sub-tropical destination, Hong Kong can be visited at any time of the year. The high tourist season in Hong Kong is during the winter season that is during the months of December to February. During these months, the climate is pleasant, cool and dry and all sorts of activities can be enjoyed during this time. Below is the season-wise segregation of the climate in Hong Kong.
Autumn Season (September to November)
This is an agreeable time to visit Hong Kong when the temperature ranges between 22°C to 26°C. The weather is good with little humidity for outdoor activities and day time sightseeing. Besides this a number of festivals like the Watch and Clock fair, Mid-Autumn festival, Wine and Dine Festival, and Lan Kwai Fong Carnival are some of the festivals that lures tourists to plan a visit to Hong Kong during the autumn season.
Winter Season(December to February)
Winter months are the best months to plan a visit to Hong Kong to see its beauty to the fullest. But make sure to book the Hongkong tour package with airfare in advance to get better deals and discounts. The temperature ranges between 15°C to 19°C. The weather remains cool and dry and never goes above 20°C. Planning a trip to Hong Kong during the winter season is the best and offers a beautiful side of the place. Hong Kong Arts festival, Chinese New Year, and Spring Lantern festival are some of the popular festivals which tourists can enjoy in Hong Kong during the winter months. Make sure to book your Hong Kong tour package in advance during this peak season to get confirmed bookings of hotels and flights.
Spring Season(March to May)
Hong Kong welcomes tourists with pleasant weather during the months from March to mid-May. In the month of May the temperature can reach up to 30s but the average temperature during the spring season remains 18°C. International Film Festival, Flower Show, and Ching Ming Festival are the major festivals celebrated during this time.
Summer Season(June to August)
Summer season is not an ideal time to visit Hong Kong as the weather is really hot making the temperature fall between 26°C to 34°C. Also, there is a great amount of humidity during this time. Popular festivals celebrated during these months are Dragon Boat festival and COSPLAY events.
How to Reach Hong Kong from India
Located at an aerial distance of 3639 km from India, Hong Kong can be easily visited from India by flight in just 4 to 5 hours. There is no direct train or road connectivity between India and Hong Kong, hence getting to Hong Kong from India is only possible by flight. There are two airports in Hong Kong but the most important one is the Hong Kong International Airport from where flights depart and arrive from countries like India, Paris, Singapore, Dubai etc. Flights like IndiGo, AirAsia, Cathay Pacific, Thai airways, Spicejet, Singapore Airlines, Malaysian Airlines, Malindo Air operate between India and Hong Kong. There is no water connectivity between India and Hong Kong, however, Hong Kong can be visited by boat from destinations which are Macau and Zhuhai. One should book Hong Kong tour package in advance to get the best discounts on flight bookings.
Does a tour to Hong Kong entice every kind of tourist?
Almost all Hong Kong holiday tour packages include tourist attractions and exciting things to do which attract honeymooners, friends, families, adventurers and tourists from all over the world. Offering different charms in all the seasons, Hong Kong is a year-round destination for tourists with reasonably priced tour packages. However, the months of March-April in Spring season and from October to December in the winters are the best times to visit Hong Kong. During spring, the temperature in Hong Kong ranges between 18°C-25°C approx. and in winter, it ranges between 15°C-22°C. So, take up Hong Kong tour packages according to the season in which you want to enjoy your vacations.
Things to Carry
- Always carry a map of the area you are visiting to get a better idea of the surroundings.
- Phrasebook can be of great help.
- Always take a backpack since they are best of day travel as well.
- Carry a universal power adapter.
- Also, carry extra batteries, portable chargers, and power banks.
- Carry your camera to capture the best of Hong Kong.
- Carry a rain jacket to avoid any change in travel plans even when it pours.
- Carry a comfortable pair of shoes and a pair of a slip-on.
- If you are heading out for trekking, make sure to carry trekking gear.
- Add flashlights, matchbox, and candles if you are planning to go camping or trekking.
- Pack smart travel pants and swimwear.
- Also, add a quick dry towel.
- A sleep mask, earphones, and water bottles.
- Insect and mosquito repellent creams.
- A personal first-aid kit in your backpack.
- Make sure you have travel insurance documents before heading out. It is essential when traveling to Hong Kong.
- Make sure you have your passport, visa, and other important documents.
- Keep a copy of your documents in another bag so that if need be you can use the copies as proof.
- Make sure to check with the political status of the place through local news before planning your travel. If there is any political unrest, it is best to postpone your visit.
- However, if you are still visiting during political unrest, make sure to steer clear of areas that witnessing protest.
- Even though the crime rate is low, it is recommended to keep your belongings safe and never leave valuables unattended.
- Nightlife in Hong Kong is generally termed very safe, however, it is still recommended to be cautious and vigilant.
- Also, check the weather forecast before making any travel plans.
Explore Hong Kong Packages by Category