The need for speed has been driving all the hard core adventurers and thrill seekers crazy ever since the pictures of the new Ferrari Land in Spain have landed on internet. Bringing great adventures and greater excitement to the sports car enthusiasts, the new Ferrari Land is expected to be a smaller version of the original and much bigger Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi.
What You Should Know
Destination: Salou, Tarragona
Location: To the south of Catalonia
Site: The PortAventura World
Opening Date: April 7th, 2017
Fit For: All types of travelers
Highlight: Roller Coaster (The Vertical Accelerator)
What’s So Special: It is the fastest and the tallest roller coaster in Europe
Speed: 112 mph per 5 seconds
Height: 368 feet
PortAventura is a much famed theme park in Spain and it already attracts over 4 million visitors annually. Of what it is believed to be the largest project undertaken by the PortAventura World Resort, the Ferrari Land is expected to open its gates to visitors by April 2017.
- The vertical accelerator
- The Bounce-Back tower ride
- A 5-star hotel with 250 rooms
- Various Restaurants
Other Things To Do:
- Drive the miniature cars on a test circuit of 1,900 foot
- Visit the artificial Italian village that houses various Ferrari cars like Californias, Berlinettas, Italias, Spiders, Speciales and other Formula One models
- Witness how a Ferrari car is assembled at the Maranello factory halls
How To Reach
- In case you’re traveling by car, you can reach PortAventura through the A7 motorway.
- Take the R 16 route if you’re traveling via train and get down at PortAventura station.
- PortAventura is just 15 minutes away from the Reus Airport.
Though not much details have been given away by the authorities of PortAventura, the essence of Ferrari has been kept intact as all the rides of Ferrari Land have been designed in the signature color of red.
On that note, do checkout some awesome Spain tour packages if you are also looking forward to visiting the adventurous Ferrari Land.