Couples tying knot in and around August must be busy in all the shaadi chores and searching for honeymoon places in India in August for a super romantic retreat with their life partners. Monsoon is the idyllic time to plunge in romance and to enjoy the awesome weather and romantic walks in the rain. It’s that time of the year when most of the tourist places are pleasant and calm making for a perfect hideaway for couples.To help you plan better for a romantic private nirvana—here comes a ready list of one of the most fascinating honeymoon places in India in August.
Hilly Honeymoon Places In India In August
Hillstations have always been the first choice as honeymoon destinations. The gorgeous scenic views and the chilled and misty weather makes these places perfect destinations for a romantic getaway. Here are some of the best hillstations for honeymoon in India in Auguest:
1. Khandala – Love Is Always In The Air
Khandala is already a top ranker in the list of best places to visit for honeymoon in August in India. “Aati kaya Khandala?” is a popular Bollywood song that has made this place a popular hotspot to chill out and rejuvenate with your sweetheart. Khandala welcomes all lovely couples with misty weather, chilling nights, rain flushes, and glittering waterfalls helping the romance grow by leaps and bound.
Best honeymoon experiences in Khandala:
- For a supreme romance spree- just drive in rain down to Khandala via Mumbai-Pune Expressway. This drive will surely be the fondest memory of lifetime.
- Both of you can trek upto Lohagad Fort, Bedsa Caves and Karla and Bhaja Caves
- Go for a stroll in Lonavala Lake and relish the spectacular lush green view after rain from Duke’s Nose, Shooting Point and Lion’s Point
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Khandala:
Resort Silver Hills
Fariyas Resort Lonavala
Crystal County Resort
How to reach Khanadala: There’s no airport in Khandala. Pune’s Lohegaon Airport is the nearest airport, which is 2 hours drive to Khandala. Khandala (3 km) and Lonavala (5 km) are the nearest stations to Khandala.
Looking To Book Your Honeymoon Package?
Book memorable honeymoon on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.
2. Agumbe – Lose Yourself In Mesmeric Nirvana
Agumbe is known for its lush and sprawling rainforests, smoky hills and amazing views. This small and antiquated hill station in Karnataka receives heavy rainfall, especially during monsoon months. It’s also known as the ‘Cherrapunji of the South’. The scenic beauty, trekking trails, shimmering waterfalls, green forests look more beautiful than ever during monsoon making it one of the best honeymoon destinations in south India in August.
Best honeymoon experiences in Agumbe:
- Enjoy trekking and discover unknown trails with your spouse.
- Take a romantic walk hand in hand up to Barkhana Falls for some cozy moments and watch the most photogenic sunset
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Agumbe:
The Ocean Pearl
Hotel Madhuvan Serai
Silent Valley Resort
Fortune Inn Valley
There are no luxury hotels in Agumbe. The above mentioned hotels are a little far from main Agumbe town.
How to reach Agumbe: The nearest airport from Agumbe is Mangaluru International Airport, which is 100 km away. The nearest railway stations are Shimoga (90 km) and Udupi (55 km) away from Agumbe.
3. Coorg – Soak In Peace And Romance
For those who looking for an offbeat destination and quite confused about where to go on honeymoon in August, we suggest Coorg is the place. This is a stunningly beautiful and serene hill station in Karnataka known for its aromatic coffee estates, spice plantations, glittering waterfalls, vibrant monasteries, and tranquil ambiance. To top it all, monsoon shower during the rainy months makes it look lush green all over.
Best honeymoon experiences in Coorg:
- Walk hand in hand in the coffee and spice plantations
- Trek up to Abbey falls, and enjoy coracle ride in Cauvery in rain
- And when in days of light or no rain, go for an overnight camping
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Coorg:
Old Kent Estates
Amanvana Spa Resort
Heritage Resort Coorg
Vivanta by Taj Madikeri
Paddington Resort & Spa
How to reach Coorg: The nearest airport is Mangalore Airport, which is 160 km away from Coorg. Situated 95 km away from Coorg, Mysore Junction is the nearest railway station.
Beach Honeymoon Places In India In August
There is some amazingly romantic about beaches. The sound and the playfulness of the waves can get anyone in the same mood. Here are some of the best beach destinations for honeymoon in India in August:
4. Alappuzha – Sail On The Calm Backwaters
Alappuzha, popularly known as Alleppey is among most divine and paradise-like honeymoon destinations in India in August. It features beautiful backwaters landscape, lush-green palm and coconut plantations, quaint fishing villages, picturesque chapels and sprawling paddy fields. The cozy vacation in a houseboat is an additional charming element here.
Best honeymoon experiences in Alappuzha:
- If you are planning to visit around 2nd week of August, do not miss Snake Boat Race (this year on August 12). This will be an experience of a lifetime with your darling.
- Apart from this, you can go for bird watching, canoeing, and kayaking
- Watch sunset together from the lighthouse from a romantic evening
- Rejuvenate in a couple Ayurvedic spa
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Alappuzha:
Paddington Resort & Spa
Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort
Lake Palace Resort
How to reach Alappuzha: Located 78 km away, Cochin International Airport is the nearest airport. Alleppey Railway Station is about 4 km away from the city centre.
5. Covelong – Get Energized By Cool Waters And Breeze
Covelong is sun-kissed beach near Chennai. The serenity of the area, sparkling shores, azure water of the sea, picturesque fishing village, and the beachside rain-washed palms allures couples, especially during monsoon. It is now becoming popular as one of the best honeymoon places in India in August.
This beach is known for watersports like parasailing, surfing and sailing. You can see couples taking a lazy walk along the shores. Just stroll over the glittering sand and sun bathe with your better half.
Best honeymoon experiences in Covelong:
- In August, enjoy the electrifying and amazing Classic Surf, Music & Yoga Festival. The aura of this beachside music festival, enthralling performances, exhilarating display of raw surfing talent and super fun surf competition fascinate each and every couple
- Head to the beach to play with the waves, daydream with your partner, and watch the sun go down
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Covelong:
Vivanta by Taj – Fisherman’s Cove
Grande Bay Resort? & Spa
The Rain Tree- St Marys Road
ITC Grand Chola
How to reach Covelong: Chennai International Airport is approx. 38 km away from Covelong. Tambaram Railway Station is just 20 km away from Covelong.
Planning your honeymoon but confused about where to go? These honeymoon stories help you find your best honeymoon trip ever!
Real honeymooners. Real stays. Real opinions to help you make the right choice.
6. Kovalam – Redefine Your Story On The Pristine Beaches
Kovalam is a picturesque beach retreat, famed for its tranquility, water sports, sumptuous coastal cuisine, and amazing scenery all around. This is the most spectacular and best place to visit in August in India for honeymoon. The lush green beachside plantations sway with monsoon breeze and heavy shower during these months making the place look greener and refreshing than ever before.
Best honeymoon experiences in Kovalam:
- Quiet and romantic walk on the pristine Hawa and Samudra Beach
- Candle-lit dinner at beachside cafes
- Sunbathing and strolling together and kayaking in light drizzle
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Kovalam:
Sagara Beach Resort
Hill & Sea View Beach Resort
Vivanta by Taj – Green Cove
Light House Edge
How to reach Kovalam: Situated about 15 kilometers, Trivandrum International Airport is the nearest airport to Kovalam. Trivandrum Central railway station is about 15 kilometers from Kovalam.
7. Goa – Relax And Feel The Sizzling Romance In The Air
We all know Goa as a refreshing and amusing honeymoon place. But do you also know that this glittering place looks absolutely cool, luxuriant and refreshing during August? The beaches are not scorching anymore, visibly less crowded and you can freely walk around the beaches, sunbathe, and hang out in beach shacks. Needless to say—Goa is one of the most awesome honeymoon places in India in August and September to rejuvenate your senses and to keep your romance splurge alive and lively.
Best honeymoon experiences in Goa:
- Roam about in Charao, Divar and Grand island
- Play casino with your lady luck
- Rent a scooty and discover the old Portugese colonies, go for sunset cruises, dolphin spotting and chilling out in fabulous beach shacks with port wine and sumptuous seafood
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Goa:
Acron Waterfront Resort
Vivanta by Taj – Green Cove
Alila Diwa Goa
The Diwa Club by Alila
Baywatch Beach Resort
How to reach Goa: The nearest airport is located in Dabolim. Dabolim is located at a distance of 29 km from Panaji. The major railway station is Madgaon, which is approx. 30 km away from Goa.
8. Spiti – The Land Of Wanderlust
Located at an elevation of 4,270 meters, Lahaul-Spiti is a bewitching hill district in Himachal Pradesh. The cold deserts, winding roads, rocky terrain and snow-capped mountains define the picturesque Spiti Valley. Aptly named as ‘Spiti’ meaning ‘The Middle Land’, this valley separates India from Tibet. Surrounded by the majestic Himalayas on all sides, this valley gets cut off from the rest of the country for about 6 months of the year because of thick snow. This is why summer (mid-May to mid-October) is the best time to visit this destination, and August is the best time for honeymooning in Spiti.
Best honeymoon experiences in Spiti:
- Enjoy a peaceful time at the pristine Chandratal Lake
- Explore the Pin Valley National Park
- Visit the third highest lake in India, Suraj Tal
- Spend a night stargazing under the clear and wide-open night sky
- Explore the region on a bike or a jeep together
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Spiti:
Spiti Valley Hotel
Hotel Sakya Abode
How to reach Spiti: Though Bhuntar airport (245km) is the nearest, it is a small airport. Chandigarh Airport (522 km) is an international airport. There are direct buses running from Chandigarh, Shimla, Kullu, Manali and some other parts of North India.
9. Wayanad – The Green Paradise
This is one of the best honeymoon places in South India in August. Wayanad is an enchanting rural district in Southern India’s state of Kerala. This place is characterized by its winding roads with hair-pin bends, dense forests, lush hilly ranges, waterfalls and wildlife. If you are seeking a place which lets you disconnect with the city without having to cut-off from the basic urban amenities, Wayanad it is. Blessed with pleasant weather and abundant scenic beauty, Wayanad is a perfect honeymoon destination. Shutting down the noise and pollution of the city, this place assures you some real private-time with your partner. And if you are the adventure seekers, this place welcomes you as a guest into its untouched corners of the woods.
Best honeymoon experiences in Wayanad:
- Visit the spice plantations
- Spot the wild species at Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary
- Explore the ancient Edakkal Caves
- Trek the Soochipara Falls
- Enjoy the view from the Chembra Peak
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Wayanad:
The Windflower Resorts & Spa
Vythiri Village Resort
How to reach Wayanad: Nearest airport is in Kozhikode, Calicut International Airport (93 km). For people travelling from the upper region of the country, the nearest railway station is Nilambur railway station (90 km). But the Calicut railway station (110 km) is the bigger station near Wayanad. There are public buses South Indian cities including Bangalore, Coimbatore, and Kozhikode. You can also hire a taxi or auto from these points to the final location.
10. Pahalgam – A Mini Scenic-Heaven
Pahalgam is a mesmerizing hill station in Jammu and Kashmir. This place is a mini heaven the best of scenic wonders you can ever imagine. The huge mountains form the valley and backdrop of the entire landscape. A white river stream gushes along the valley with lush vegetation on its both sides. Awesome weather makes Pahalgam a perfect romantic destination. Little houses with sloped roofs make this place look just out of a picture-book.
Best honeymoon experiences in Pahalgam:
- Visit the Aru and Betaab Valleys
- Enjoy a picnic at the shores of Lidder River
- Visit Kolahoi Glacier
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Pahalgam:
Hotel Heevan Pahalgam
WelcomHotel Pine N Peak Pahalgam
Grand Mumtaz Resort
How to reach Pahalgam: There is no direct air connectivity to Pahalgam and Srinagar Airport (91.1 km) is the nearest airport. There is direct rail connectivity either. Regular buses operate on a daily basis between the city and other regions.
11. Chamoli – The Land Of Flowers
Chamoli is the second largest district of Uttarakhand. It is the best place for honeymoon in August in India if you are looking for an undisturbed heavenly abode in the hills. The best experience of your Chamoli honeymoon will be the gorgeous Valley of Flowers. Discovered in 1931, this World Heritage Site is a national park known for its abundant wild flora. Owing to the abundance of medicinal herbs found here, it is believed that this is the site from where Lord Hanuman had brought Sanjivani to save Lakshmana. The place is blessed with several water-falls, streams and paddocks that adds to its scenic beauty.
Best honeymoon experiences in Chamoli:
- Visit the Valley of Flowers
- Visit Vasundhara Waterfalls
- Explore Auli
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Chamoli:
Blue Poppy Resorts
How to reach Chamoli: The nearest airport is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun (222 kms). Rishikesh railway station (272 km) is the nearest railway station to Chamoli. You can hire a taxi to the Chamoli for the remaining distance.
Historically Rich Honeymoon Places In India In August
The historical places have a kind of vibe that inspire amazement. The glory, the courage, the struggles, the romance, and the mystique, and everything about these places do have an impact on you. Here are some of the best historically and culturally rich destinations for honeymoon in India in August:
12. Mahabaleshwar – Revitalize Your Mind And Soul
Mahabaleshwar is one of the most scenic honeymoon places in India. The rainy mornings, misty mountains, cool and sweet breeze make the surroundings look and feel fresh, green and plush. It is certainly a perfect romantic town for love birds.
Best honeymoon experiences in Mahabaleshwar:
- Visit the strawberry orchards and get engrossed with the aroma
- Experience the romance in Shikara ride in Venna Lake
- Trek together upto Wilson Point to relish the stunning surrounding vista
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Mahabaleshwar: