Couples tying the knot in and around August must be busy with all the shaadi chores and searching for honeymoon places in India in August for a super romantic retreat with their life partners. Monsoon is the idyllic time to plunge into romance and enjoy the awesome weather and romantic walks in the rain. It’s that time of the year when most of the tourist places are pleasant and calm making for a perfect hideaway for couples. To help you plan better for a romantic private nirvana—here comes a ready list of one of the most fascinating honeymoon places in India in August.
15 Best Honeymoon Places In India In August
Are you looking for the best honeymoon places in India in August? From Khandala to Spiti, India is home to some of the best honeymoon destinations. We have compiled some of the best honeymoon destinations which you can visit in August.
- Khandala – Love Is Always In The Air
- Agumbe – Lose Yourself In Mesmeric Nirvana
- Coorg – Soak In Peace And Romance
- Alappuzha – Sail On The Calm Backwaters
- Covelong – Get Energized By Cool Waters And Breeze
- Kovalam – Redefine Your Story On The Pristine Beaches
- Goa – Relax And Feel The Sizzling Romance In The Air
- Spiti – The Land Of Wanderlust
- Wayanad – The Green Paradise
- Pahalgam – A Mini Scenic-Heaven
- Chamoli – The Land Of Flowers
- Mahabaleshwar – Revitalize Your Mind And Soul
- Bikaner – Explore The Royal City With Your Spouse
- Mandu – Experience The Unusual Romance In Nature
- Khajuraho – The Ancient Temple Of Love
Hilly Honeymoon Places In India In August
Hill stations have always been the first choice as honeymoon destinations. The gorgeous scenic views and the chilled and misty weather make these places perfect destinations for a romantic getaway. Here are some of the best hill stations for honeymoon in India in August:
1. Khandala – Love Is Always In The Air
Khandala is already a top ranker in the list of best places to visit for a honeymoon in August in India. “Aati kaya Khandala?” is a popular Bollywood song that has made this place a popular hotspot to chill out and rejuvenate with your sweetheart. Khandala welcomes all lovely couples with misty weather, chilling nights, rain flushes, and glittering waterfalls helping the romance grow by leaps and bounds.
Best honeymoon experiences in Khandala:
- For a supreme romance spree- just drive in the rain down to Khandala via Mumbai-Pune Expressway. This drive will surely be the fondest memory in your life.
- Both of you can trek upto Lohagad Fort, Bedsa Caves and Karla and Bhaja Caves
- Go for a stroll in Lonavala Lake and relish the spectacular lush green view after rain from Duke’s Nose, Shooting Point and Lion’s Point
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Khandala:
Resort Silver Hills
Fariyas Resort Lonavala
Crystal County Resort
How to reach Khanadala: There’s no airport in Khandala. Pune’s Lohegaon Airport is the nearest airport, which is 2 hours drive to Khandala. Khandala (3 km) and Lonavala (5 km) are the nearest stations to Khandala.
Looking To Book Your Honeymoon Package?
2. Agumbe – Lose Yourself In Mesmeric Nirvana
Agumbe is known for its lush and sprawling rainforests, smoky hills and amazing views. This small and antiquated hill station in Karnataka receives heavy rainfall, especially during monsoon months. It’s also known as the ‘Cherrapunji of the South’. The scenic beauty, trekking trails, shimmering waterfalls, and green forests look more beautiful than ever during monsoon making it one of the best honeymoon destinations in south India in August.
Best honeymoon experiences in Agumbe:
- Enjoy trekking and discover unknown trails with your spouse.
- Take a romantic walk hand in hand up to Barkhana Falls for some cosy moments and watch the most photogenic sunset.
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Agumbe:
The Ocean Pearl
Hotel Madhuvan Serai
Silent Valley Resort
Fortune Inn Valley
How to reach Agumbe: The nearest airport from Agumbe is Mangaluru International Airport, which is 100 km away. The nearest railway stations are Shimoga (90 km) and Udupi (55 km) away from Agumbe.
3. Coorg – Soak In Peace And Romance
For those who looking for an offbeat destination and are quite confused about where to go on their honeymoon in August, Coorg is the place to be. This is a stunningly beautiful and serene hill station in Karnataka known for its aromatic coffee estates, spice plantations, glittering waterfalls, vibrant monasteries, and tranquil ambience. To top it all, a monsoon shower during the rainy months makes it look lush green all over.
Best honeymoon experiences in Coorg:
- Walk hand in hand in the coffee and spice plantations
- Trek up to Abbey Falls, and enjoy a coracle ride in Cauvery in the rain
- And when in days of light or no rain, go for an overnight camping
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Coorg:
Old Kent Estates
Amanvana Spa Resort
Heritage Resort Coorg
Vivanta by Taj Madikeri
Paddington Resort & Spa
How to reach Coorg: The nearest airport is Mangalore Airport, which is 160 km away from Coorg. Situated 95 km away from Coorg, Mysore Junction is the nearest railway station.
Beach Honeymoon Places In India In August
There is something amazingly romantic about beaches. The sound and the playfulness of the waves can get anyone in the same mood. Here are some of the best beach destinations for a honeymoon in India in August:
4. Alappuzha – Sail On The Calm Backwaters
Alappuzha, popularly known as Alleppey is among the most divine and paradise-like honeymoon destinations in India in August. It features a beautiful backwaters landscape, lush-green palm and coconut plantations, quaint fishing villages, picturesque chapels and sprawling paddy fields. The cosy vacation in a houseboat is an additional charming element here.
Best honeymoon experiences in Alappuzha:
- If you are planning to visit around 2nd week of August, do not miss Snake Boat Race. This will be an experience of a lifetime with your soulmate.
- Apart from this, you can go for bird watching, canoeing, and kayaking
- Watch the sunset together from the lighthouse on a romantic evening
- Rejuvenate in a couple Ayurvedic spa
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Alappuzha:
Paddington Resort & Spa
Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort
Lake Palace Resort
How to reach Alappuzha: Located 78 km away, Cochin International Airport is the nearest airport. Alleppey Railway Station is about 4 km away from the city centre.
5. Covelong – Get Energized By Cool Waters And Breeze
Covelong is a sun-kissed beach near Chennai. The serenity of the area, sparkling shores, azure water of the sea, picturesque fishing village, and the beachside rain-washed palms allure couples, especially during monsoon. It is now becoming popular as one of the best honeymoon places in India in August.
This beach is known for watersports like parasailing, surfing and sailing. You can see couples taking a lazy walk along the shores. Just stroll over the glittering sand and sunbathe with your better half.
Best honeymoon experiences in Covelong:
- In August, enjoy the electrifying and amazing Classic Surf, Music & Yoga Festival. The aura of this beachside music festival, enthralling performances, exhilarating display of raw surfing talent and super fun surf competition fascinate each and every couple.
- Head to the beach to play with the waves, daydream with your partner and watch the sun go down.
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Covelong:
Vivanta by Taj – Fisherman’s Cove
Grande Bay Resort? & Spa
The Rain Tree- St Marys Road
ITC Grand Chola
How to reach Covelong: Chennai International Airport is approximately 38 km away from Covelong. Tambaram Railway Station is just 20 km away from Covelong.
Planning your honeymoon but confused about where to go? These honeymoon stories help you find your best honeymoon trip ever!
6. Kovalam – Redefine Your Story On The Pristine Beaches
Kovalam is a picturesque beach retreat, famed for its tranquility, water sports, sumptuous coastal cuisine, and amazing scenery all around. This is the most spectacular and best place to visit in August in India for a honeymoon. The lush green beachside plantations sway with monsoon breeze and heavy showers during these months making the place look greener and refreshing than ever before.
Best honeymoon experiences in Kovalam:
- A quiet and romantic walk on the pristine Hawa and Samudra Beach
- Candle-lit dinner at beachside cafes
- Sunbathing and strolling together and kayaking in light drizzle
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Kovalam:
Sagara Beach Resort
Hill & Sea View Beach Resort
Vivanta by Taj – Green Cove
Light House Edge
How to reach Kovalam: Situated about 15 kilometres, Trivandrum International Airport is the nearest airport to Kovalam. Trivandrum Central railway station is about 15 kilometres from Kovalam.
7. Goa – Relax And Feel The Sizzling Romance In The Air
We all know Goa as a refreshing and amusing honeymoon place. But do you also know that this glittering place looks absolutely cool, luxuriant and refreshing during August? The beaches are not scorching anymore, visibly less crowded and you can freely walk around the beaches, sunbathe, and hang out in beach shacks. Needless to say—Goa is one of the best places to visit in August in India for couples where they can rejuvenate their senses and keep their romance splurge alive and lively.
Best honeymoon experiences in Goa:
- Roam about in Charao, Divar and Grand Island
- Play casino with your lady luck
- Rent a scooter and discover the old Portuguese colonies, go for sunset cruises, dolphin spotting and chilling out in fabulous beach shacks with port wine and sumptuous seafood
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Goa:
Acron Waterfront Resort
Vivanta by Taj – Green Cove
Alila Diwa Goa
The Diwa Club by Alila
Baywatch Beach Resort
How to reach Goa: The nearest airport is located in Dabolim. Dabolim is located at a distance of 29 km from Panaji. The major railway station is Madgaon, which is approx. 30 km away from Goa.
8. Spiti – The Land Of Wanderlust
Located at an elevation of 4,270 meters, Lahaul-Spiti is a bewitching hill district in Himachal Pradesh. The cold deserts, winding roads, rocky terrain and snow-capped mountains define the picturesque Spiti Valley. Aptly named as ‘Spiti’ meaning ‘The Middle Land’, this valley separates India from Tibet. Surrounded by the majestic Himalayas on all sides, this valley gets cut off from the rest of the country for about 6 months of the year because of thick snow. This is why summer (mid-May to mid-October) is the best time to visit this destination, and August is the best time for honeymooning in Spiti.
Best honeymoon experiences in Spiti:
- Enjoy a peaceful time at the pristine Chandratal Lake
- Explore the Pin Valley National Park
- Visit the third-highest lake in India, Suraj Tal
- Spend a night stargazing under the clear and wide-open night sky
- Explore the region on a bike or a jeep together
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Spiti:
Spiti Valley Hotel
Hotel Sakya Abode
How to reach Spiti: Though Bhuntar airport (245 km) is the nearest, it is a small airport. Chandigarh Airport (522 km) is an international airport. There are direct buses running from Chandigarh, Shimla, Kullu, Manali and some other parts of North India.
9. Wayanad – The Green Paradise
This is one of the best honeymoon places in South India in August. Wayanad is an enchanting rural district in Southern India’s state of Kerala. This place is characterized by its winding roads with hairpin bends, dense forests, lush hilly ranges, waterfalls and wildlife. If you are seeking a place which lets you disconnect from the city without having to cut off from the basic urban amenities, Wayanad it is.
Blessed with pleasant weather and abundant scenic beauty, Wayanad is a perfect honeymoon destination. Shutting down the noise and pollution of the city, this place assures you some real private time with your partner. And if you are an adventure seekers, this place welcomes you as a guest into its untouched corners of the woods.
Best honeymoon experiences in Wayanad:
- Visit the spice plantations
- Spot the wild species at Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary
- Explore the ancient Edakkal Caves
- Trek the Soochipara Falls
- Enjoy the mystical view from the Chembra Peak
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Wayanad:
The Windflower Resorts & Spa
Vythiri Village Resort
How to reach Wayanad: The nearest airport to Wayanad is Calicut International Airport (93 km). For people travelling from the upper region of the country, the nearest railway station is Nilambur railway station (90 km). But the Calicut railway station (110 km) is the bigger station near Wayanad. There are public buses in South Indian cities including Bangalore, Coimbatore, and Kozhikode. You can also hire a taxi or auto from these points to the final location.
10. Pahalgam – A Mini Scenic-Heaven
Pahalgam is a mesmerizing hill station in Jammu and Kashmir. This place is a mini heaven the best of scenic wonders you can ever imagine. The huge mountains form the valley and backdrop of the entire landscape. A white river stream gushes along the valley with lush vegetation on both sides. Awesome weather makes Pahalgam a perfect romantic destination. Little houses with sloped roofs make this place look just out of a picture book.
Best honeymoon experiences in Pahalgam:
- Visit the Aru and Betaab Valleys
- Enjoy a picnic at the shores of Lidder River
- Visit Kolahoi Glacier
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Pahalgam:
Hotel Heevan Pahalgam
WelcomHotel Pine N Peak Pahalgam
Grand Mumtaz Resort
How to reach Pahalgam: There is no direct air connectivity to Pahalgam and Srinagar Airport (91.1 km) is the nearest airport. There is direct rail connectivity either. Regular buses operate on a daily basis between the city and other regions.
11. Chamoli – The Land Of Flowers
Chamoli is the second-largest district of Uttarakhand. It is the best place for honeymoon in August in India if you are looking for an undisturbed heavenly abode in the hills. The best experience of your Chamoli honeymoon will be the gorgeous Valley of Flowers. Discovered in 1931, this World Heritage Site is a national park known for its abundant wild flora. Owing to the abundance of medicinal herbs found here, it is believed that this is the site from where Lord Hanuman had brought Sanjivani to save Lakshmana. The place is blessed with several waterfalls, streams and paddocks that add to its scenic beauty.
Best honeymoon experiences in Chamoli:
- Visit the Valley of Flowers
- Visit Vasundhara Waterfalls
- Explore Auli
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Chamoli:
Blue Poppy Resorts
How to reach Chamoli: The nearest airport is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun (222 km). Rishikesh railway station (272 km) is the nearest railway station to Chamoli. You can hire a taxi to the Chamoli for the remaining distance.
Suggested Read: 60 Honeymoon Destinations In India
Historically Rich Honeymoon Places In India In August
The historical places have a kind of vibe that inspires amazement. The glory, the courage, the struggles, the romance, and the mystique, and everything about these places do have an impact on you. Here are some of the best historically and culturally rich destinations for a honeymoon in India in August:
12. Mahabaleshwar – Revitalize Your Mind And Soul
Mahabaleshwar is one of the most scenic honeymoon places in India. The rainy mornings, misty mountains, and cool and sweet breeze make the surroundings look and feel fresh, green and plush. It is certainly a perfect romantic town for love birds.
Best honeymoon experiences in Mahabaleshwar:
- Visit the strawberry orchards and get engrossed in the aroma
- Experience the romance in the Shikara ride in Venna Lake
- Trek together upto Wilson Point to relish the stunning surrounding vista
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Mahabaleshwar:
Citrus Chambers Mahabaleshwar
Brightland Resorts and Spa
Evershine Keys Prima Resort
Bella Vista Resort
How to reach Mahabaleshwar: About 120 km away, Pune International Airport is the nearest airport to Mahabaleshwar. Wathar, which is 60 km from Mahabaleshwar is the nearest railhead, but Pune railway station is the most convenient way to reach your destination.
13. Bikaner – Explore The Royal City With Your Spouse
In August, Bikaner remains quite soothing as compared to other tourist places in Rajasthan. The city demonstrates a cultural medley of forts, palaces, folk culture, and handicrafts to lure couples with its vibrancy and delight. Although, the weather of Bikaner isn’t as cool as any hill station, but if both of you want to explore a heritage destination, then this is surely the best choice as there are extremely fascinating places to visit in Bikaner.
Best honeymoon experiences in Bikaner:
- Live with the history and heritage of Junagarh Palace and Laxmi Nivas.
- Take a thrilling camel safari in the Thar Desert
- Watch one of the most spectacular sunsets at Gajner Lake, followed by a romantic dinner at Gajner Palace
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Bikaner:
Vesta Bikaner Palace
Karni Bhawan Palace
The Laxmi Niwas Palace
Hotel Gaj Kesri
How to reach Bikaner: Jodhpur Airport is the nearest one, 251 km away from the city. Taxis and buses are easily available. The nearest stations are Bikaner Junction and Lalgarh Railway Station, approx. 15 km away from the city.
14. Mandu – Experience The Unusual Romance In Nature
Mandu or Mandavgad is a historical destination boasting of its rich background, splendid architectural edifices, and marvellous art and sculpture. Monsoon is cool and comfortable here and the cool rainy breeze, rain-swept structures and their rustic look amplifies the romantic quotient manifold. There are several things to do in Mandu that will turn both of you into a historian.
Best honeymoon experiences in Mandu:
- Explore Ship Palace, Hindola Mahal and Bagh Caves with your partner
- Nothing beats strolling around Rewa Kund in the rain holding hands together
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Mandu:
Hotel Jhira Bagh Palace
The Red Maple Hill Hotel
How to reach Mandu: 100 km away, Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Airport is the nearest airport. You can take a taxi from there to reach Mandu, which is easily available. Indore railway station is the nearest railhead, which is 99 km from the city.
15. Khajuraho – The Ancient Temple Of Love
When two history buffs tie the know, the bond is stronger. Their love for history “takes them places”, places where they can indulge in the most intellectual yet romantic conversations. Khajuraho, a small town in Madhya Pradesh is one of the best honeymoon places in India during August. Built between 950 to 1050 AD, this group of ancient temples is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The temple walls gracefully feature carved sculptures symbolising eroticism.
Best honeymoon experiences in Khajuraho:
- Watch the Light and Sound show
- Visit all the temples
- Attend Khajuraho Dance Festival
Suggested honeymoon hotels in Khajuraho:
Radisson Hotel Khajuraho
The Lalit Temple View Khajuraho
How to reach Khajuraho: Khajuraho Airport connects this place with the other cities of India, including New Delhi and Bhopal. Khajuraho’s railway station is also connected to the major cities of the country. The town can be accessed by road through private taxis or buses.
Further Read: 16 Best Winter Honeymoon Destinations In India
This is the complete list of sizzling and most popular honeymoon places in India in August. Don’t forget to tell us about your choice and share your honeymoon trip story. And for all this to happen, plan a trip to your favorite Indian honeymoon destination and head out on a super romantic getaway to mark the beginning of this new journey of your life. Remember, love is not just in the air, it is in the mountain mist, the sea waves, and the ancient soil too. Go for it, feel it together!
For our editorial codes of conduct and copyright disclaimer, please click here.
Frequently Asked Questions About Honeymoon Places In India In August
Which is better, Coorg or Wayanad?
Both the destinations are amazing. The only reason why Wayanad is slightly better than Coorg is because it is much more quaint than Coorg. The proximity of Coorg to Bangalore makes it the first choice of travellers for a getaway. Otherwise both these places are known for their lush greenery and tea plantations. Book a homestay and enjoy a relaxing weekend with your spouse or family.
Which are some of the best places to spend a honeymoon in August in India?
Here are some of the best places to visit in August in India for couples: Khandala Agumbe Coorg Alappuzha Covelong Kovalam Goa Spiti Wayanad Pahalgam
Is Goa good for honeymoon?
Goa is one of the most popular beach destinations in India. The lively party scene and the laid-back tropical vibe make Goa a great choice for honeymooners. The historic side of the place is also quite fascinating and if you’re looking for some adventures, Goa sure won’t disappoint in that department.
Where can I find snow in August in India?
August isn’t typically the time of year when it snows in the hilly areas of India, however, if you can make it to the higher altitudes it’s possible to see snow-laden landscapes even during monsoon. Places like Rohtang pass near Manali, Munsiyari in Uttarakhand and Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh usually may receive snow at this unlikely time of the year.
What are the cheapest honeymoon destinations in India?
If you are looking for budget honeymoon destinations in India, to spend with your better half, you will be very pleased with the options that the country has to offer to you. Some of the best and most affordable options include Shimla, Udaipur, Manali, Mussoorie, Agra and more.
People Also Read