Kodagu, also known as Coorg, is a popular holiday destination of Karnataka. Its stupendous landscape, misty hills, and coffee plantations have made it a very popular place to enjoy vacations, whether you are alone, with family, with friends or with your better half. With such Coorg packages, tourists get a sneak peek of a distinct culture prevalent amidst this spice-scented town of Karnataka. Coorg tour packages are available for people from all walks of life. An ideal Coorg Itinerary provides a comprehensive plan of day to day activities enabling the tourists to enjoy a hassle-free vacation.
Book any of our following trip packages for Coorg, in the table listed below, to make your getaway to Karnataka special.
Coorg Holiday Packages From Top Cities Of India
Coorg travel packages offered by TravelTriangle include a detailed itinerary which ensures that travelers enjoy a planned and organized vacation. These itineraries are specially crafted by our travel experts to cater to all possible needs of the travelers. Hence, all sorts of facilities such as sightseeing tours, outdoor activities, local transfers, and comfortable accommodations are included in our Coorg holiday packages to make a holiday even more special for a traveler.
What Is The Most Preferred Time To Visit Coorg?
The breathtaking town of Coorg boasts a panoramic climate throughout the year and hence is a year around destination. However, for the adventure-hungry tourists, the best time to visit Coorg is between the months of October to March as it is the best time for indulging in adventure sports.
Let’s take a look at the information in regards to the best time to book a Coorg trip plan in detail.
Summer Season (March - May)
With the onset of the summer season that begins in March and lasts till May, here comes one of the best seasons to explore the alluring hill station of Coorg located in the southern parts of India. Owing to its chilly weather and soothing environs, here is your chance to enjoy a rejuvenating getaway in the midst of lush greenery away from the scorching heat of bustling cities. If you are planning to book Coorg hill station packages during this period, then there cannot be a better option than this!
Monsoon Season (June - September)
The season of monsoon starting from the month of June makes for a great time to explore Coorg for adventurous souls. Nestled in the Western Ghats, the ravishing beauty of Coorg is at its best at this time of the year. However, intense showers make some areas prone to landslides. But again, as the hotel and ticket rates are quite low during this period, your Coorg trip cost is going to be super affordable.
Winter Season (October - February)
Let the monsoon past, and Coorg is all set to offer you a plethora of reasons to explore its fascinating environs. The most preferred time to visit Coorg is in between the months of October and November when you can enjoy trekking, hiking, and other activities in the midst of lush environs, and also grab a chance to observe prominent festivals of the region. Though from December, you shall start experiencing chilly weather, that’s quite bearable.
How Could Travelers Easily Reach The Hill Station Of Coorg?
Coorg has abundant transportation facilities catering to the requirements and budget of each kind of visitor. Getting around in Coorg is easy with buses plying for different places at inexpensive rates for both locals and tourists alike. If not public transport, then travelers can opt for private modes and hire cabs or taxis in Coorg. One can easily avail Coorg tour packages from Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Pune, and other top cities in India. This way, travelers can pick themselves the most suitable package from their respective cities.
Have a look at the detailed information to know how to reach Coorg easily.
With Mangalore International Airport located at a distance of about 165 km from Coorg, you can choose to head off to the hill station via a flight to this airport. And, then hire a cab to get to the town of Coorg.
As Coorg is well-connected to other major parts of South India, you can easily get a bus from Mysore, Bangalore, and Mangalore to reach there without any hassle.
While, for a train journey, you need to get on a train to Mysore Railway Station, which is about 95 km from downtown Coorg. Upon arrival at Mysore Railway Station, you can hire a taxi, or get on a bus to reach Coorg.
Coorg can get tiring if you are traveling for the first time. When you plan a trip to Coorg, you must keep in mind the month of travel and place of stay. There are numerous attractions in Coorg that can only be covered with a planned trip. Check out the itinerary of our well-curated Coorg tour package with price and details which offer a smooth travel experience for any type of traveler - hippie, family or solo.
Things to Carry
- When traveling in the winter season, pack woolen clothes along with thermals.
- If you are traveling in the summer season, a light sweatshirt will go a long way.
- Keep anti-vomit medication if you have motion sickness.
- Carry a personal first-aid kit with you.
- Keep yourself equipped with a flashlight, a matchbox, a hand sanitizer, etc., if you are planning to go on a trek or for camping.
- Also, pack an insect repellent cream.
- Carry sunscreen, moisturizer, and lip balm.
- Make sure to carry your ID proof and other required documents.
- Also, keep extra photocopies of all the documents.
- Carry a comfortable pair of shoes.
- Also, carry a garbage bag with you to store all your on-the-go trash.
- Keep with you a recent map of the place.
- Also, carry a power bank and a portable charger.
- At last, don’t forget to keep your camera and extra batteries.
- Coorg is best explored on foot, however, avoid walking back home very late.
- Be vigilant and never leave your belongings unattended especially in public places.
- Avoid wearing or carrying valuables in the local market.
- Before planning any trip to Coorg, make sure to check the weather forecast.
- Also, make sure to check the road conditions on the local news.
- If heading out for trekking, always take a local travel guide with you.
- Consumption of drugs or dealing drugs is illegal and will lead to immediate imprisonment.
- Do not go on trekking under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Note all the emergency numbers and important contacts on a piece of paper and also on your smartphone.