Trekking in India is underrated but that is what actually makes it fun. The best places lie in the dark and are unexplored and that is why when one actually undertakes a trek they are spellbound by the untouched and unparalleled beauty of nature and one such trek in the Stok Kangri trek. Stok Kangri is one of the most noteworthy trekkable tops in India. Standing at a height of 20,100 ft, this is higher than the one of the most noteworthy mountains in Europe, Mt. Elbrus. It is also higher than Mt. Kilimanjaro, which is at a height of 19,340 ft. When taking the Stok Kangri Trek in Ladakh, it is a fantastic experience over all. But what is immensely challenging is the summit day, where you need to overcome below zero temperatures, trek on an ice sheet for around 6-7 hours before you arrive at your destination. But it is definitely worth the effort.
Despite the fact that Stok Kangri doesn’t require any specialized understanding, in no way, shape or form it is intended for apprentices. The view from the Stok Kangri merits all the difficult tasks. You can see the even Karakoram extends from the Stok Summit alongside the Zanskar run. Stok Kangri’s endeavor is rare to experience and an enthusiastic trekker’s fantasy. Remain on the page for more data like – Stok Kangri Trek course map, total schedule, temperature – climate subtleties, photographs, recordings, and surveys. Look as far as possible to peruse Stok Kangri trek web journals.
Best Time For Stok Kangri Trek
The best time to undertake the popular Stok Kangri Trek is from May to October. During this time, the weather in Ladakh is wonderful and the normal temperature extends somewhere in the range of 20 and 30°C in the daytime. July and August are the perfect a long time for Sham Valley trek as during these months Manali-Leh and Srinagar-Leh thruways likewise open for private vehicles.
Best Season: Mid June – September
Stok Kangri Trek Distance
Trekking in Leh is the best alternative for Stok Kangri trek in India and henceforth it pulls in vacationers from each edge of the world. Outlining the Himalayan range with a more extensive point of view, this trek grasps the left environment and offers its trekkers the chance to encounter total harmony. The whole trail has joined numerous edges so you can feel the abrupt change in view. In winter, the entire scene accomplishes an ideal radiance.
- Region: Leh, Ladakh, J & K
- Duration: 8 Days
- Max Altitude: 20,180 Ft.
- Approx Trekking Km: 40 Kilometers
- Difficulty Level Of Stok Kangri Trek: Difficult
Route Of Stok Kangri Trek
Your trek begins with the appearance from Delhi to Leh. The entire way to the Stok Village is loaded with characteristic glory and thriving green trees. From Changa Ma, you will go to Base Camp. Remaining here during the tents is a lifetime opportunity. You will rest here for one complete day and get sufficient information pretty much every one of the conceivable outcomes and difficulties of the Stok Kangri trek from your guide. From here, you will trek to your goal Stok Kangri. Rise moving for 9-10 hours and you will arrive at the highest point of the edge and the view from the top is mesmerizing.
Fitness Criteria For Mount Stok Kangri Trek
Disclaimer: The image is for representation purposes only.
If you are up for heading on this thrilling trek then you must check whether you meet the fitness criteria required for this trek or not!
- You can enroll for Stok Kangri Trek if you have previously done at least two treks of 4500 mt. or 14,700 ft.
- This trek is quite challenging and you must be able to cover 6 km in 35 minutes. This trek is difficult and so are the criteria.
- You must able to carry 10 to 15 kgs of weight while you are on the trek.
- The trekkers must not have serious medical conditions like high blood pressure, heart problem, epilepsy, and asthma.
Disclaimer: The image is for representation purposes only.
Here are a few things that you must carry in your backpack when you are leaving for Stok Kangri trekking. Take a look at this list and do keep all the important items!
- Basic Gear: You must carry a Backpack & rain cover, Walking stick, Headtorch, water bottle, dry fruits, and energy bars.
- Clothes: 2 Full sleeve T-shirts, Fleece T-shirts, Fleece jacket, Wind & waterproof jacket and pants, thermal inners, Woolen cap, Sunglasses, trek pants and Poncho.
- Personal Utilities: Sunscreen cream, Hand sanitizer, Antibacterial powder, Toothbrush and toothpaste, and Quick-dry towel.
- Other Important Items: Trekking shoes, Cotton socks, Woollen socks, Waterproof gloves and Fleece/woolen gloves.
Stok Kangri Trek Itinerary
Here is the day wise trek itinerary that you should check out before taking this exciting trek. Check it out and plan accordingly.
Day 01: Delhi – Leh (3500 m): 1 hr flight
In the first part of the day, fly from Delhi to Leh. On landing in Ladakh, meet our agent. Registration to the pre-booked lodging. Take rest and be acclimatized. Visit the neighborhood market of Leh at night. Medium-term remains in the lodging.
Day 02: Leh
This day will be to get increasingly acclimated with the climate conditions in Ladakh. We will go for a brief day Stok Kangri Trek to work on rising methods. Medium-term remain in the inn.
Day 03: Leh – Zingchan (3900 m): 5/6hrs
Drive to Spituk, which is the closest street access to Stok Kangri. Start Stok Kangri Trek with a simple primer stroll for around four hours until land at Zingchan.
Day 04: Zingchan – Stok La (4400 m): 6/7 hrs.
Post breakfast, Start Stok Kangri Trek the base of Stok La from Zingchan. Stok La is situated underneath. The evenings are cold and the days are relatively warm here. Land at Stok La, loosening up rest at the camp.
Day 05: Stok La – Mankorma (4900 m): 5/6 hrs
Get the astonishing scene of Stok Kangri Trek and the trail to the top from the base camp.
Day 06: Mankorma – Base Camp (5000 m): 4/5 hrs
Promptly in the first part of the day, take off for the base camp. Arrive at right on time to camp and use time in taking rest. Subsequent to unwinding for a couple of hours, take a little rising from base camp. Climb a further 100 meters and afterward plunge down again to get enough time in the night for the arrangement of tomorrow’s pinnacle endeavor. Medium-term remains in the base camp.
Day 07: Base Camp – Stok Kangri Trek (6150 m) – Base Camp (5000 m): 10 hrs
Begin ahead of schedule to use the best climate conditions. Rise to an edge first. This edge prompts a huge icy mass that we will cross so as to arrive at the pinnacle. The last strides towards the pinnacle are generally troublesome and require sound physical and mental intensity.
Day 08: Reserve Day for Summit
It is an extra day to investigate nature’s excellence at the pinnacle while Stok Kangri Trek.
Day 09: Base Camp – Stok town – Leh (3500 m): 8 hrs
Plummet down to the Stok Village from the base camp. Cross remnants of old fortresses. It takes around six hours to reach Stok Village where the vehicles will sit tight for us. Drive for two hours back to Leh. Registration to the lodging and medium-term remains.
Day 10: Leh – Delhi
Move to the air terminal and catch the trip to Delhi from Leh.
Reasons To Take Stok Kangri Trek
The one and the most popular reason for you to take Stok Kangri trek is because of how strenuous it is, the thrill it offers and the views you will come across. Much in the wake of intersection a few mountains passes like Stok La at 4900 meters, the trail requires acclimatization at the Stok Kangri Base camp subsequent to outdoors and intersection Mankorma.
The adventure in transit and from that point goes through some limited tracks and hazardous moraines; one may experience blizzards, which may back off or keep down trekking to Stok Kangri. Stok Kangri Trek makes a healthy encounter for the trekker. This fantasy endeavor offers outdoors, offices for homestay at a remote town, picturesque magnificence, and charming stories.
Stok Kangri Trekking Tour Highlights
• Visit a portion of the significant cloisters of Ladakh
• Get a decent take a gander at a portion of the staggering scene and massive high pinnacles of Zanskar and Karakoram Range
• Cross through the stunning Markha Valley
• Homestay at some picturesque remote town and a chance to guzzle the way of life of local people.
Suggested Read: Leh Ladakh With Kid: A Journey We’ll Cherish For A Lifetime
How To Reach?
- By Air: For Stok Kangri trek Leh Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport is the fundamental air terminal in Leh City. It has various flights that associate Leh with Delhi just as with scarcely any significant urban communities of India.
- By Road: Leh is associated with the remainder of India by two interstates: NH 1D (Srinagar-Leh Highway) and Manali-Leh Highway. The Srinagar-Leh Highway passes through Kargil and Zoji-La, while the more popular Leh-Manali Highway goes through Rohtang Pass and Tanglang La. It additionally goes through the upland desert level of Rupshu whose elevation ranges from 3,660 m to 4,570 m.
Tips For Stok Kangri Trek
• One isn’t required to have any information on ascending/mountaineering abilities yet one ought to have an understanding of Stok Kangri Trek at elevations as much as 4000 – 4500 m.
• Climatic conditions in the high heights differ from the fields; set aside satisfactory effort to get acclimatized to high elevations
• Pay notice to the rules given by trek pioneer or teacher so as to experience any danger during the trekking experience
• Consumption of liquor or some other inebriating items are restricted
during this trek
• Avoid Stok Kangri Trek during the evenings
• Consult with a doctor to know if you are fit to attempt the trek
• Carry essential drugs and an emergency treatment unit during the trek
• The trek happens through the eco-accommodating zone; don’t empower littering the neighborhood destinations or campgrounds
Trekking is fun in the event that you are doing it with other trekkers as passionate about the activity as you are. Be that as it may, Stok Kangri trek is an amazing expedition that will make for one of your most exciting holidays. So are you ready to go? If yes, then plan for your trip to Ladakh with TravelTriangle and get going.
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own rights to any of the images and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Please Note: Any information published by TravelTriangle in any form of content is not intended to be a substitute for any kind of medical advice, and one must not take any action before consulting a professional medical expert of their own choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About Stok Kangri Trek
When to make the bookings for Stok Kangri Trek?
You should book Stok Kangri Trek two months ahead of time with the goal that you get a plentiful measure of time to get ready for the trek.
Who conveys the rucksack that the trekker carries?
More often than not there is a horse/doorman that will convey your rucksack while on the trek; you just need to convey a little backpack.
What is the base age required for Stok Kangri Trek?
Stok Kangri trek is a moderate to testing trek with a most extreme elevation of 20175ft (6150m) so the base age required is 15 years.
What will be the base temperature during Stok Kangri Trek?
Between the long periods of July and September, the temperature during the trek can go as low as 8 Degree Celsius during the night and the day time is radiant with the temperature running somewhere in the range of 15 and 25 Degree Celsius.
How long we trek during Stok Kangri Trek?
We plan our treks in a manner that following 6 – 7 hours of trekking we can reach the next camp around noon. Regularly, 10-15kms every day of trekking is required.
How does the storm influence the Stok Kangri Trek?
Stok Kangri trek is just directed during the rainstorm season: July, August, and September. Nonetheless, the storm doesn’t influence this trek as there are no downpours in the Ladakh region.
People Also Read: