Scintillating with magnificent history, Zagreb is the vibrant cosmopolitan capital of Croatia. Perched at 122 m (400 ft) above sea level, Zagreb lies serenely between River Sava and Mountain Medvednica. Dotted with intriguing sites and drenched in natural European brilliance, Zagreb regales its guests with captivating adventures and experiences. Let’s dig deep within its contours and scoop out enthralling places to visit in Zagreb.
9 Best Places To Visit In Zagreb
When you are around, make sure that you explore the Zagreb city like a local strolling across all these medieval structures!
- St Mark’s Church – Relish kaleidoscopic Christian Imagery
- Museum Of Broken Relationships – Let Its Singularity Awe You
- Zagreb Cathedral – A Neo-gothic Architecture
- Mirogoj Cemetery – Feel The Profoundly Peaceful Ambiance
- The Lotrscak Tower – Witness Fire-a-Cannon Ceremony
- Stone Gate – Bask In The Loveliness Of The Chapel
- Croatian Museum Of Naïve Art – Feast Your Eyes On Art
- Zagreb Zoo – Embark On A New Journey
- King Tomislav Square – The Fine Work Of Architecture
1. St Mark’s Church – Relish kaleidoscopic Christian Imagery
Zagreb’s iconic 13th-century church is known for its multi-hued tiled roof and majestic looking gothic portal embellished with 15 sculptures in 11 niches. It offers additional attraction of Zagreb’s Guard-Changing ceremony in front of its gate from late April to October on weekends at 12:00 pm.
Entry is free but restricted, so travelers are recommended to visit the church at mass-start timings, which are 06:00 pm on weekdays, 7:30 am on Saturdays and 10:30 am on Sundays.
Timings: 09:00 am-12:00 pm (Weekdays), entries might get restricted because of too much crowd
Suggested Read: 10 Artsy Places To Visit In Croatia To End One’s Quest For The Archaic And The Lively
Europe Holiday Packages On TravelTriangle
Explore the most beautiful places to visit in Europe, from Paris to the Venice canals and from the Greek islands to the Swiss alps. Book customized packages by expert agents on TravelTriangle. Inclusive of airport transfers, cab, resort, sightseeing and meals. Best holiday experience Guaranteed. Book Now