Are borders really just armed guards, barbed wires, high fences, and security checks? Well, I say, let us agree to disagree. Borders are not symbols of war, hatred, or death. What if I were to say that some borders are, in fact, symbols of love, friendship, and beauty! Surprised?
To shatter all stereotypes, we bring you a list of the most amazing borders between countries across the world. Check them out.
Some people across borders simply like to settle things over a round-table conference at the border.
1. Germany, Netherlands, and Belgium: The Dreiländerpunkt near the city of Aachen
2. Austria, Hungary, and Slovakia: A picnic spot in the middle of nowhere
Others fancy a nice fine dining experience at the border.
3. Belgium and Netherlands: The Baarle Nassau Frontière Café
And for the adventure lovers…
4. Spain and Portugal: Zipline across the nations
5. Norway and Sweden: Tobogganing at the snowy slopes
Because reading has no boundaries…
6. USA and Canada: Inside Haskell Free Library & Opera House
But should sports be any different?
7. USA and Mexico: Fence at Naco
8. Finland and Sweden: Golf Course at the border
There are also some beautiful manmade wonders at the borders
9. China and Mongolia: At the City of Dinosaurs
10. Netherlands and Germany: Through the Eurode Business Center
There is a police office and a post office each on either side of this border.
11. Vatican City and Italy: Entrance of St. Peter’s Square
The entrance of the St. Peter’s Square marks the begin of the Vatican City itself. The image above shows a view of the city of Rome from St. Peter’s Basilica in Vatican City. On one end of the St. Peter’s Square lies the St. Peter’s Basilica. On the other end is the city of Rome in Italy.
And we simply cannot miss these natural wonders
12. Argentina and Brazil: Through the Iguazu Falls
13. Zambia and Zimbabwe: Through the Victoria Falls
14. Germany and Czech Republic: On the Bastei Bridge
15. Poland and Ukraine: Between villages Horodyszcze n Eastern Poland and Varyazh in Western Ukraine
16. Nepal and China: Over Mt. Everest
Oh yes! The border between Nepal and China actually passes through the top of the Mt. Everest. Amazing, isn’t it?
17. Venezuela, Brazil, and Guyana: Over Mt. Roraima
The triangular plateau of Mt. Roraima has the three countries on the three sides of the plateau.
18. Slovenia and Austria: At the Kepa Mountain
If you take a walk along the top of the Kepa Mountain, you would, in fact, be walking right along the border of Slovenia and Austria.
19. Russia and United States: At the Diomede Islands
The border between USA (Alaska) and Russia passes through the Bering Strait. The Diomede islands lie in the middle of the strait. On the Russian side lies the Big Diomede Island. On the side of Alaska lies the Little Diomede Island.
But let’s not forget this one…
20. India and Pakistan: The Wagah Border
Yes, it is much like a conventional border. But the matched show of retreating parade on either side is a sight to watch. And let’s not forget the Independence Day celebrations. While Pakistan celebrates its Independence Day on 14th August, India does so on 15th August.
Here, have a look at the Independence Day Celebrations from 15th August 2015.
So, which of these borders interest you the more? Let us know and we will help you plan a holiday to these destinations.