Jamaica is a country that comes with its own soundtrack and rhythm. It is a very beautiful island, which has crystal clear water which keeps flowing over gardens of coral, sandy beaches, and full of many natural beauties. Although its culture is the most difficult thing to be understood by the foreigners, the greenery and beauty of this place have made this place totally different from the other tourist places. Jamaican beaches are very alluring and the huge sea waves give you some amazing opportunities for scuba diving and snorkeling. This tiny place has musical roots that will take you to the folk songs of West Africa. It is a place where you can develop the old pirate town, enjoy reggae music and taste the spicy chicken dishes. In a nutshell, what Jamaican culture offers to the world is far greater than its size might suggest.
So, if you are planning a Jamaica tour, keep this Jamaica travel guide which provides every major and minor detail of the place. This guide will also come handy as a first-time travel guide for Jamaica.
Currency of Jamaica
The currency of Jamaica is the Jamaican Dollar. It is in use since 30th January 1968.
How To Get Visa For Jamaica?
You must get a VISA for traveling to Jamaica. The VISA requirements will be determined based on the USA immigrant law. Apply earlier to get it on time.
Best Time To Visit Jamaica
The best time to visit Jamaica is from starting of November to the mid of December. This is the time when Island looks very beautiful and the weather is also very nice so, plan your trip to Jamaica in the late fall of summers and early winters. At that time the average temperature varies from 20 to 28 degree Celsius. This is the most pleasant time to visit as hotel and flight deals are very easily available.
How To Reach Jamaica
You can reach Jamaica by air or by sea.
Suggested Read: 10 Thrilling Water Parks In USA To Pamper That Child Within You
There are three international airports in Jamaica. First one is in Kingston, the capital, in Boscobel, St. Mary’s Parish and in Montego the resort city. This place is connected to the other countries of the world through the strong network of flight connections.
The ports in Jamaica such as Kingston, Montego Bay, Antonio, and Ocho Rios are extremely busy throughout the year and many liners stop at this place with their tourist.
Suggested Read: 10 Best USA Hotels For A Relaxing American Vacation
What To Pack For Your Jamaica Vacations
- The first successful step towards your Jamaica visit heads towards fitting your suitcase with proper attires and supplies as this place offers you beautiful landscapes and natural beauty. You must be aware that Jamaican terrain is often rough and the road conditions might be poor, so the traveling will resort some adventure.
- Packing of swimsuit, shorts & beach towel is essential if you are planning to visit the beaches in Jamaica.
- The warm temperature of Jamaica encourages lightweight clothes such as T-shirts, light slacks, blouse, Sundresses & polo shirts are ideally ideal for wearing it anywhere in the town.
- You must carry shampoo, soaps, conditioner, and shaving cream in your luggage. If possible, keep your Doctor’s contact number with you regarding any prescription medication with you.
- Prepare a wallet and keep your identification details & other important documents such as passport, airline tickets, hotel reservation, entry ticket and all the other important documents that would be required on the journey.
- Pack extra battery, memory cards and films of the camera and also carry the backpackers for traveling around the town.
- You can take help of your hotel in finding the nearest place for currency exchange.
- Keep in mind the above-mentioned points while doing the packing for Jamaica.
Best Places To Visit In Jamaica
1. Negril Beach And The Negril Cliffs
This is also known as seven miles beach and is one of the most beautiful places in Jamaica which has white sand and aqua sea. You will find here snorkeling facilities and schools of fish swimming in clear water. At the south of the beach, Negril Cliffs rise above the coral-fringed coast and provide the sunset view and cliff jumping.
2. Dunn’s River Falls
This place is 180 meters of a gently traced waterfall and is Jamaica’s most popular natural attraction. You can climb the natural tops of the falls with the help of the guide and cool off in refreshing crystal-clear water.
3. Port Antonio
This place is a spot for banana export and this area is distinctly less commercial than the other resort towns. Popular things to do here are hiking jungle, rafting the Rio Grande, the tour of reach falls, scuba diving, snorkeling and many more. As know you all are aware of the best places to visit when you are in Jamaica, let’s see that what all mandate packings are required before you travel to this place.
4. Rose Hall Great House
If you want to experience something unique, beautiful, and spooky at the same time, then you have to visit Rose Hall Great House. This is the place which holds vital importance in the terms of history but is associated with a tale not so pleasing. It is situated on a wide plantation and was a home to the forbidding mistress named Annie Palmer. There are ghost tours that are actually available and you can go for one after you sign-up. Day tours are also available for those who are not so interested in experiencing any haunted sight.
5. Blue Lagoon
Want to experience paradise on Earth then you have to visit Blue Lagoon. The Blue Lagoon was formerly known as the Blue Hole and its name changed to Blue Lagoon when a movie with the same title was shot here. This also made the place rise to the popularity and since then many tourists come here to escape in a natural world. The Freshwater from the mineral springs flows here and mixes with the salt water of the Caribbean Sea, which gives it a special phenomenon and that phenomenon, is named here Blue Lagoon. You can even see water changing its colors from royal blue to sapphire or to turquoise. Blue Lagoon is one of the most recommended places in any Jamaica travel guide.
- Although government traveling advisories still say that the country is safe to visit but you need to take some precautions in risky areas which are mentioned below
- Stay in your resorts only and hire a driver always.
- Avoid visiting the dangerous and isolated areas of the city and try to travel in a group.
- Always keep the contact number of the nearest police station so that in case of any causality you can seek for help.
- Sunlight is very strong in this location so make sure that you drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated.
After reading this Jamaica travel guide, you are just preparing yourself for spending vacations in Jamaica so, take a travel guide map and explore all the beautiful places of Jamaica. Plan a trip to Jamaica and spend some quality time with nature.
Looking To Book A Holiday Package?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.