Everybody would have heard of the amazing natural phenomenon of ‘Northern Lights’ which can be spectated in polar countries like Sweden, Finland, and Alaska, when the night sky is completely lit by dazzling colors. Likewise, Japan hosts its own man-made Winter Lights Festival every year, starting from the month of October, and running till early spring, i.e. May.
These illumination festivals are the best things about winter in Japan as the country turns into a twinkling wonderland. Japan winter lights festival is not just a single celebration, but a collaboration of numerous events that are hosted in different parts of the country at different time intervals. Here are some of the most illustrious illumination events that are hosted in various parts of the country:
- Caretta Illumination in Shiodome- An Ocean Of Lights: 16 November 2018 to 14 February 2019
- Tokyo Midtown Christmas- The Starlight Garden: 15 November 2018 to 25 December 2018
- Sagamiko Illumillion in Kanagawa- The Illuminated Lake
- Sendai Pageant of Starlight- The Dazzling Forest: 8 December 2018 to 31 December 2018
- Kingdom of Light in Nagasaki- Shimmering Theme Park
- Midosuji Illumination in Osaka- The Lit Street: 4 November 2018 to 31 December 2018
- Kobe Luminarie- One Of Japan’s Oldest Illumination Events: 7 December 2018 to 16 December 2108
Here Are Some Awe-Inspiring Pictures Of Popular Events:
Tunnel Of Lights
Tunnel Of Lights
Lit Renaissance Architecture
Even though traveling does not require reasons, we have still given you one, and we hope that it is strong enough to inspire the travel bug inside you. Book your next trip to Japan with TravelTriangle, do plan it in winters to experience the breathtaking Japan winter lights festivals that will add a spark to your vacation.