Let’s imagine this – you lying on the beautiful and serene white sand beaches, relaxing to the sound of the waves as you let the warmth of the sunshine soothe you and the calmness of the shore rejuvenate you. Pretty amazing picture right?
Well, you can bring this image to life at two of the most alluring places in the world – the Maldives and the Bahamas. Both the places have picturesque landscapes, the clear and sparkling water, and similar romantic vibes but even after so many similarities, both of these destinations are unique in their own ways. While the Maldives can be considered more ideal for experiencing adventure activities such as scuba diving and snorkeling, the Bahamas provide a tropical environment and are best for honeymoon trips with your loved one.
While the debate on the Maldives vs Bahamas is an endless one, we can still make an effort into understanding the dynamics between the two destinations and leave it up to you to decide which suits your travel plans the best!
Both Maldives and Bahamas have incredible attractions to offer to all the visitors and these places have the gift of captivating you with their beauty! Keep reading to know more about the unique places in both these destinations.
The Maldives is famous for many underwater spots that add to the vibrant culture and style of the island country. Here are the three best underwater attractions in the Maldives for you to enjoy.
- Kuda Giri – You will find this shipwreck in the South Male Atoll. It has dense coral structures along with stony staghorn.
- Maldives Viceroy – This cargo ship has sunken in the North Male Atoll and is home to various corals as well as fishes.
- Ithaa Undersea Restaurant – This restaurant is situated inside a prominent glass structure and is a part of the Conrad Rangali Island Maldives resort.
The underwater life of the Bahamas is unique and offers you a world that is so spellbinding that you may never want to take your eyes off! Here are the three famous underwater attractions in the Bahamas.
- Coral Kaleidoscope – Colorful coral life along with marine creatures, make perfect scenery for your underwater journey.
- Last Port Of Call – This shipwreck is surrounded by beautiful coral reefs and also underwater caves.
- Abaco Islands – You will get to see a lot of plants as well as marine life, including the surgeonfish.
Activities: Relaxing vs Thrilling
Both of these islands have a plethora of experiences and activities to offer. Be it something for those who seek leisure or something for more brave hearted travelers, both the nations never fail to impress. Take a look at all the activities that you can be a part of on either of these island nations!
Maldives offers some of the most exciting experiences. Take a look at this list of all the top activities that one can be a part of.
- Walking Tour – Even if you are here for the beaches and scuba diving, walking into a land of rich history and culture is pleasant too.
- Sunset Cruise – The sunsets look fantastic when seen from a boat in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Take a boat and cruise around the islands.
- Whale Shark Sighting – People who are looking forward to going along with nature should go for whale shark sighting.
- Snorkeling – Are you a sportsperson? Snorkeling in the Maldives is entertaining as it is a simple sport. It will help you witness the underwater life.
Nothing less than heaven on earth, the Bahamas are all about nature and thrill. These activities mentioned below are a must try.
- Powerboat Adventure – If you love traveling at speed and want to explore the Exuma Islands, then a powerboat ride is a thrilling experience for you.
- Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim – Dolphins are gentle and sweet creatures who like to play a lot. Hop in here to play and dance with these lovely animals.
- Nassau Jeep Tour – There is a 25 minutes catamaran cruise through the Nassau harbour. You will then arrive at the beautiful Blue Island Lagoon for more adventure.
- Parasailing Adventure – You can experience the warm breeze by taking a sail in the blue skies and witnessing the crystal clear blue water along with bright sunlight.
Beaches: Rush vs Calm
One thing that both the island nations are famous for are definitely the beaches. Perfect spots to stroll around or simply relax by the shores of azure waters is what acts as a magnet. Here are the top beaches in both of these island nations.
The beaches in Maldives are quite conservative, given the diversity of culture. Here are the top options for the same.
- Gulhi Beach – There are lots of stalls and shops from where you can buy souvenirs as a token of your visit to this beautiful place.
- Hulhumale Beach – It is known as one of the most famous beaches in the Maldives and is a perfect place to get one with nature and feel the surroundings while you relax with a drink.
- Bikini Beach – Who doesn’t love sunbathing or tanning on beaches? Bikini beach provides you with the grounds to lay down in your shorts or bikinis and enjoy the sunbathing you have always wanted.
- Veligandu Island Beach – Veligandu beach has one of the most transparent waters with a turquoise shade, and it is calm and soothing here. You can enjoy a lot of activities on this tranquil beach.
White sand, pristine blue waters, and the lush greens of the beaches in the Bahamas are what makes it impressive!
- Gold Rock Beach – The Gold Rock Beach looks terrific with all the white sand and blue water. You can reach here through mangroves and explore the limestone caves in the park and also the kayak on Gold Rock Creek.
- Cabbage Beach – Cabbage Beach is surrounded by soft sand, and the weather is always perfect for sunbathing as well as swimming or diving. There, you can rent water toys or get masks to go on a water adventure.
- Rose Island – Most of the beaches are crowded and more people makes it less enjoyable. But Rose Island is an uninhabited shore which is a bit away from other islands. There are excursions, beach games, beach picnics and more.
- Pink Sand Beach – If you get bored of the white sand beaches and rush, Pink Sand Beach is your place to change the mood. The sand has a pinkish hue which looks beautiful and calm. You will not burn your feet in the pink sand, which is another advantage.
Food: International vs Local
Right from offering the local flavors to serving the international cuisines, food in these two nations is to die for. Take a look at some of the best options that one has when visiting these island nations.
- Cafes and Restaurants – You will find some familiar places like Crystal Sands, Anantara Dhigu, Iberry Café, Sea Fire Salt, Café Rio and one of the most famous attractions in Maldives, Ithaa Undersea Restaurant.
- Street Food – The local street food of Maldives can be found in most of the islands. Mas Huni, Bis Keemiya, Garudhiya, Fried Yams, Boshi Mashuni, Maldivian Live Lobster and Masroshi are some of the famous dishes which mostly include fishes.
- Desserts – Who doesn’t like a sweet treat after a meal? Sweet delights in the Maldives include Sliced Custard, A Base De Tapioca, Dhonkeyo Jauru and Gabulhi Boakiba. These desserts will bring sweetness to your tongue.
- Baked Crab – This dish is trendy among the locals in the Bahamas. It is the combination of crabs with bread crumbs, eggs and seasoning which is then baked in the crab’s shell.
- Rock Lobsters – Also known as spiny lobsters, this dish is enjoyed with salads. This dish can be boiled or steamed, and patties are formed with various vegetables.
- Conch Salad – The uncooked conch is eaten with sour citrus sauce and spicy hot pepper. It is also mixed with celery, tomatoes, cucumbers and green peppers. The citrus will allow the acid to put in the essence to cook the meat.
Money: Luxury vs Budget
While one of them can easily be organised under a budget, the other one reeks of luxury. Take a look and start planning your island escape accordingly!
Even though the Maldives seems to be one of the best places to visit, it is equally expensive. The place has everything to offer to make your trip memorable and exciting, but there is always a limit to how much you can spend. The beach resorts in the Maldives are quite expensive, but they are of a high standard. People with a low budget can get the best deals in packages which include flights, food, drinks and other activities involved. You have to be prepared to visit the Maldives as it is not known to be a bag-packer friendly destination.
Estimated cost: $5,200 (round-trip airfare, plus seven nights at a 4-star hotel for two)
Lovely beaches and a fantastic view of around thousands of islands from the sky when you are paragliding is what attracts tourists. The beaches are clean, and the water is crystal clear. The beaches are not just white sand beaches; some beaches have pinkish sand which is quite soft to walk on. There are cheaper hotels if you think a resort is just too much for you. There are so many options for activities, and you will never get bored of anything here. As far as food is concerned, eating local food is quite reasonable and cheap.
Estimated cost: $2,200 (round-trip airfare, plus seven nights at a 4-star hotel for two)
Further Read: Scuba Diving In Bahamas: 6 Exotic Places To Try It
We hope we have covered the main points that are needed to be covered to guide the people who are planning a trip to these destinations. You can find various packages and discounts online for these places. Both the island nations – Maldives vs Bahamas have differences and similarities. Enjoy your vacation and happy a safe trip to Maldives or Bahamas!
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Please Note: Any information published by TravelTriangle in any form of content is not intended to be a substitute for any kind of medical advice, and one must not take any action before consulting a professional medical expert of their own choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About Maldives Vs Bahamas
Is the Maldives better or Bahamas?
It depends on the type of trip you are planning. If you are a couple and want to visit during March-April, then the Bahamas is not the right place. Whereas, the Maldives is suitable for any time.
Which one is more expensive- Maldives or Bahamas?
The Maldives is more expensive due to the resorts and the type of place they are situated in. The food is also more expensive compared to the Bahamas.
How far is the Maldives from the Bahamas?
The Bahamas are in the Atlantic Ocean, whereas the Maldives are in the Indian Ocean. It is around 15,000 km if you are planning to go to both places.
Which is the best period to visit the Bahamas?
Any time is suggested to visit the Bahamas except March and April as the beaches are flooded with young people for partying.
What are some underwater attractions in the Maldives?
Some of the best underwater attractions in the Maldives are Kuda Giri, Maldives Viceroy and Ithaa Undersea Restaurant.
Which are the famous beaches in the Bahamas?
Pink Sand Beach is known for its pinkish sand, and other white sand beaches are Cabbage Beach, Gold Rock Beach and Rose Island.
People Also Read: