One of Europe’s largest countries, France is the world’s number one tourist destination. It has always been a country of historical importance. In addition to this, France has it all. It has tourist sights for all tastes – from some of the greatest beaches in Europe, highest mountains, finest historic monuments, the most beautiful cities to the most idyllic countryside, magnificent castles, the finest rivers, and plenty more. Needless to mention, it has some of the best restaurants and the finest wines and more hotels than any other country in Europe. France is known for a high level of education and has something for everyone. Given all this, it is on the bucket list of most people in India but getting into France requires a visa. If you plan on experiencing this magnificent place you need a visa for France from India.
How To Get A France Visa
Indian citizens need to follow these three simple rules if they are keen to visit France:
1. The first step is to schedule an appointment with the visa office? You can do it by pre-booking it through the official website of the visa application center. Appointments can be taken in either New Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Kolkata or Chennai from Monday to Friday between 8am and 5pm.
2. Once an appointment has been booked, ensure that the application form is duly filled. You can download the form from the VFS website.
3. Finally, the interview will be held on the date provided by officials. Your visa will be approved if all the documents provided by you are in place and other requirements are met.
France visa fees in Indian rupees range from INR 4,400 to INR 7200 depending upon the reason for your travel. Please note, visa fees are non-refundable, in case of rejection or any issues pertaining to passport withdrawal before visa processing.
Visitors who have made their mind to visit France will need to submit the following documents in order for their visa application to be processed:
1. Original passport which should be valid for a minimum of 3 months after the trip and should have a minimum of 2 unused pages.
2. Photocopies of the address along with 2 photos in the passport is required
3. A duly filled application form along with the latest passport size photographs complying all the guidelines for a passport photo.
4. A duly signed cover letter and photocopies of visas for US, UK or Schengen nations (if available).
5. Photocopy of hotel booking and travel itinerary is a must.
6. Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay.
7. You should have your photocopy of air tickets and insurance policy.
8. Photocopy of insurance policy (international insurance) and air tickets.
9. Your visa insurance form should be duly filled and signed.
10. Proof of enrollment to be provided by students applying for a student visa.
11. Marriage certificates to be provided by married couples wishing to travel to France.
12. Birth certificate for children under the age of 18 years is a must.
Apart from the general documents required, you may require some additional documents which you will be informed about depending on the purpose of your French visa application.
France visa processing time in India is for three weeks. It is advisable to keep a month between the day you begin your visa application process and your flight to France.
France Visa Status Tracking: Visitors who have applied for a visa and have completed their appointment can keep a check on their visa status online. For that, they need to submit their receipt number and date of birth to see the updated status.
How To Apply For Schengen Visa From India
Application procedure to obtain a Schengen visa in India is no different than any other country in the world. Follow these steps to apply for a Schengen visa from India:
1. Select the Schengen visa type you need depending on your purpose of travelling from India to Europe.
2. Figure out the place where you need to apply for a Schengen visa in India. Pay full attention to the embassy/ consulate/ VAC of which country you need to apply at. You should also be aware of the jurisdiction in which you fall.
3. You should apply for Schengen visa in India 3 months before your planned trip while the latest time to file your visa application is at least 15 working days before you plan to travel to Europe.
4. Keep your Schengen visa documents ready.
5. Schedule an appointment for an interview at the visa application centre in India. You may make an appointment online, through phone, or in-person depending on the country.
6. Show up on time on the day of your interview as it is a crucial part of your visa application.
7. Pay the visa fee and wait for the processing of your visa. After the interview, the waiting time is for at most 15 days, for a response on your application.
For first-time travellers to France, it is highly recommended that you start with your application process ahead in time, considering the time taken for visa processing. Also, on arrival of visa check the details and in case of any discrepancy bring to the attention of the issuing authority without delay. Book your trip to France as soon as your visa for France from India is accepted. Undoubtedly, you will have the best time of your life at this beautiful destination which has a lot in store for you.
Frequently Asked Questions About Visa For France For Indians
A. The visa fees for Indians to get a France visa ranges from INR 4000 to INR 7700 approximately. The visa fees are non-refundable.
A. A few European countries including France are listed under the Schengen countries for which this is the most common visa issued. When applying for a Schengen visa from India, know which jurisdiction to apply from.
A. A transit visa is not needed for Indians visiting Paris during their transit to other countries.
A. Frequent business travelers can get a 5-year multiple entry visa for Schengen countries. With this permit, you can not only enter France but also other Schengen countries.
A. You are required to apply for a France visa at least 2 weeks before your scheduled trip. A regular time taken to process a France visa is usually 10 days. It might take more than 10 days depending on the individual application.
A. Yes, you can leave the airport and tour Paris during the layover. If your layover is as long as 5-6 hours you can take the liberty of touring Paris in this time.
A. A Schengen visa gets rejected when you cannot provide valid documents, have a criminal record, or lack proof for accommodation, etc.
A. No, you have to submit both the passports to apply for a visa to France.
Looking To Book An International Holiday?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.
People Also Read: