Every street, cafe, viewpoint, and nature trail of the capital city of Himachal Pradesh oozes romance, making honeymoon in Shimla special in a number of ways. The rustic charm of the city, mesmerizing panoramic views, colonial structures, and beautiful weather of Shimla come together to create memorable experiences every couple looks forward to.
Shimla, a lovely hill station tucked in the Greater Himalayan region, is graced with mighty peaks, lush greenery, cozy cottages, and varieties of flora and fauna. Spice up your romantic moments with some river adventures and romantic walks with your better half.
If the gorgeous capital of HP is inviting enough for you lovebirds, here’s all you must know to plan a honeymoon in Shimla.
Best time to visit Shimla for honeymoon
Snow in Shimla makes for picture-perfect surroundings and cuts the picture of a dreamy honeymoon destination. October to March is the ideal time for newly married couples to plan a honeymoon in Shimla. The temperature usually stays between -2 and 8 degrees celsius.
A summer honeymoon in Shimla is recommended as well. Even though there is no snow, the weather is pleasant.
How to reach Shimla
Shimla is located 350 km far from Delhi by road. A lot of couples opt for a private cab and comfy Volvo buses to travel to Shimla. However, you beginning your honeymoon in Shimla with an exciting toy-train is highly recommended. Kalka-Shimla toy train ride is one of the most romantic rides you would ever embark on.
Best places to visit in Shimla on a honeymoon
Shimla prides itself in exciting places in and around the city. These romantic places in Shimla are simply stunning and live up to all the hype created about them. A visit to these places makes honeymoon in Shimla a momentous rendezvous and thus they must feature at the top of your itinerary!
1. Naldehra Peak – the scenic golf course located 2000 meters is a wonderful place to be at. Panoramic views of snow-capped peaks and mist covered valleys will leave you spellbound.
2. Kufri – At 7000 m above sea level, Kufri is one of the highest points in Shimla. Mahasu Peak is the highest point in Kufri and is also a popular attraction there. Honeymooners can choose from activities such as skiing and horse riding. Besides, a romantic walk in the lush meadows must not be missed.
3. Chail – It is a popular attraction 55 km far from Shimla, where you can go horse riding and seek divine blessings at gurudwaras and temples
4. The Scandal Point, Ridge – Exciting views of nature around bedecked with snow-capped peaks and nature’s aesthetic art make this popular intersection between the Mall and the Ridge a must-visit on a honeymoon in Shimla.
5. Jakhoo Hills – The hilly terrains of Jakhoo are covered in all green! At 8000 m this place presents romantic trails – perfect for honeymoon couples.
6. Summer Hill – 5 km from the Shimla Ridge, Summer Hill on the outskirt of Shimla flashes fervent charm with most of the dwelling population living on the contours of the hill. Breathtaking views and pristine nature all around make Summer Hill a popular place of attraction in Shimla on a honeymoon
Cover ‘em all! And then you can proudly admit that your honeymoon was exceptional!
Must Read: 10 Amazing Places To Visit In Shimla
Most romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Shimla
From romantic dining to beholding charming sights and from taking a dip in the natural springs to trying adventurous activities, Shimla has a lot to offer! The most romantic things to do in Shimla with your partner are:
1. Watching the sunrise from Chadwick Waterfalls
2. Taking a romantic tour of the Green Valley, which is on the way to Kufri. The valley is covered in pines and deodars. Yaks roaming around in this lush greenery make for a pleasant sight.
3. Ice-skating at the ice skating rink near Scandal Point
4. Shopping at Lakkar Bazaar
5. Enjoy a romantic dinner at one of the finest restaurants in Shimla. You could choose from Ashiana Restaurant at Sita Ram’s at Lakkar Bazaar, Alfa at Scandal Point, The Ridge, Devicos at The Mall Road.
Suggested Read: 10 Most Amazing Things To Do In Shimla
Best hotels in Shimla for honeymoon
Cozy cottages of Shimla are as romantic as the luxurious resorts for a honeymoon. Clinking the glasses holding your red wine in a mood-lit ambiance, enjoying the captivating views from an infinity pool, cozy suites, and trying adventurous activities together – hotels and resorts in Shimla are equipped to turn all your honeymoon dreams into reality. The top-notch hotels with best honeymoon suites in Shimla are:
1. Wildflower Hall for romantic spa, dinner at the gazebo, white water rafting
2. Hotel Springfields for bonfire (on request), garden overlooking the valley
3. Hotel Holiday Inn Shimla for best city view
4. Shimla Havens Resort for adventure activities, treasure hunt, yoga
5. Clarke’s Hotel for a mini bar, views of Shimla Valley
Ideal duration of a honeymoon in Shimla: 2 nights & 3 days
Cost of Shimla honeymoon packages: A 2 nights, 3 days honeymoon package for Shimla starts at INR 17,500
Honeymoon in Shimla offers the best of everything – views, weather, attractions, experiences, and accommodation. Easily available and easy on the pocket, Shimla honeymoon packages offer various combinations of all of the above.