Flying like a bird high up above in the sky from where you can see almost everything and everyone stayed only a fantasy until the adventurous experience of paragliding came to the world. With numerous places on the globe today, you can indulge and finally live your fantasy for real now. But, if you’re short of money or cannot go too far but really wish to indulge in this experience, paragliding in Gangtok is what you need to add to your bucket list right away!
Being one of the Northeastern’s charming cities, Gangtok offers a proper adventure-packed experience to all those travelers whose feet itch on the ground. But if different kinds of questions like ‘How much would it cost?’ and ‘Where can I do it?’ are popping up in your head right now, hold the thought because we have got you covered! Here’s a handy guide that will help you plan a perfect adventure for your next Northeast trip.
Top Reasons To Do Paragliding In Gangtok
There are more than one reason for indulging in paragliding in Gangtok, Sikkim on your next trip. Nothing matches the thrill of trying a session or two of paragliding in Gangtok and nearby areas. Here are a few that would assure you to go ahead for the adventure!
- Breathtaking view of the Himalayas
- Soaring high above the gorgeous valleys
- Bird’s eye view of the beautiful city of Gangtok
- An unpolluted clear route
- Accompanied by well-trained professionals
- Absolute safety
Best Time For Paragliding In Gangtok
Unlike most experiences, it is best to do paragliding only when the sky is clear and the weather is good so that you can enjoy an unobstructed view of the natural beauty that this city flaunts. The ideal time for paragliding is between the months of March to June and September to November. The weather during this time is quite pleasant and the sky stays clear most of the time. Besides, the price of paragliding in Gangtok is nominal during this time, which makes it even better to indulge in this adventure sport during these months to ensure you have an economical tour.
Types Of Gangtok Paragliding Tours
While most of us love heights, some of us are a bit afraid. But, fortunately, that wouldn’t turn into a reason for missing out paragliding in Gangtok. The city offers tandem gliding in two forms. The first flight is Medium Fly, wherein you will fly at an altitude of 1,300 to 1,400 meters and the flying shall last for around 5 to 10 minutes.
The second type of paragliding flight is the High Fly wherein you will fly at an altitude of 2,200 meters. However, unlike the Medium Fly, you can enjoy flying for around 20 to 30 minutes in High Fly flight. Needless to say, the landing and take off locations for both the flights are different.
Sikkim-Gangtok-Darjeeling Holiday Packages On TravelTriangle
Visit Sikkim and explore Yumthang valley, Tsomgo Lake, Gangtok, Nathula Pass, and Pelling. Experience peace and tranquility while exploring Buddhist monasteries, snow-capped mountains, and wildlife sanctuaries. Book packages inclusive of airport transfers, cab, resort, sightseeing, and meals.
Best Places For Paragliding In Gangtok
There are only two locations in Gangtok where you can enjoy paragliding. However, the offices operators for booking your flight during your trip can be found at multiple locations.
1. Baliman Dara – Resithang Village
This place is located near the city and serves as a take off point for the Medium Fly flight. It is situated at an altitude of around 1,400 meters and you can enjoy a beautiful view of the whole town. However, the landing point is the stadium field of Reshithang Sports Village.
Starting price: INR 1,000/-
2. Bulbuley Dara
Located further up from the Reshithang Village, this place is the take off point for the High Fly flight. It is situated at a height of 2,200 meters and offers an unobstructed view of nature’s mesmerizing beauty in the city of Gangtok.
Starting price: INR 1,200/-
Paragliding Cost In Gangtok
Price is often a concern when it comes to indulging in experiences that seem too adventurous or fancy. While some of us stay unaffected by it, some travelers like to manage their budget accordingly. But irrespective of what the case is, believe us, Gangtok’s paragliding tour is something you should experience at least once in your life. And as far as the money is concerned, believe us, this experience is worth every dime.
The cost for paragliding in Gangtok varies on the type of flight and place you pick. For instance, a medium-fly ride costs around INR 2,500 per person, whereas a high-fly ride can cost around INR 4,500 per person. Also, if you make your bookings in advance, the activity operator can also arrange a pick up and drop for you from your hotel.
Tips For Paragliding
- Be too sure about the type of paragliding flight you choose, keeping in mind your comfort with heights.
- Make sure you book your Gangtok paragliding tour in advance and on a day which is expected to have a great weather with a clear sky.
- Wear comfortable clothes that are also not too loose enough along with shoes.
- Don’t just do Paragliding for the sake of doing it. Read and research about it a bit or just use this guide well and make an informed decision about which place in Gangtok you wish to paraglide.
- All the pilots who accompany you for the flight are well trained and experienced. Do listen to their instructions carefully.
- Leave all your valuables like jewelry, watch, money, and mobile at the take off point.
- Explore the take off route area to get a better understanding of what’s around and above.
- Make sure you have your required paragliding equipment on and your harness is tightly tied.
- If you want to get pictures clicked or a video made, request at the take off point or the tour centre so that get yourself in trouble of clicking selfies. Most of the times, the cost of paragliding in Gangtok includes the price of pictures.
- Make sure you are physically fit and have no medical issues. In case you do, please consult your doctor beforehand and ensure that your trainer is informed about it.
Now that you know all about this adventurous experience, plan your trip to Northeast with TravelTriangle without any delay. After all, it is the best time for paragliding in Gangtok! Also, don’t forget to come back and share your experiences with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to share your experience with our fellow travelers.
People Also Read:
Looking To Book A Holiday Package?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.