The stunning temples, pristine beaches, and lively nightlife are surely some of the top attractions in Thailand, but there’s definitely more to it if you’re looking for an experience of a lifetime. The country offers some of the best water adventures and scuba diving in Thailand is one activity you just cannot afford to miss! From places like Phuket to Phi Phi Islands, it is home to the best places in the world where you won’t only get to witness the different species of fish and colorful corals, but also get mesmerized like never before!
So, if you’re looking for the secret to make your next trip to Thailand happening or are looking for the most adventurous scuba diving experience, take a look at these best places that you ought to put on the top of your list!
What’s So Special About Scuba Diving In Thailand?
While there are many beautiful places like Goa, Sri Lanka, and more that offer a thrilling scuba diving experience, here are the reasons why you should ditch them all and go for scuba diving in Thailand!
- The coral reefs under the beautiful waters of Thailand stretch through a long distance of 153 kilometer square. So, you will get the chance to see reefs more gorgeous than you’d have ever imagined in your life!
- Thailand offers great spots to watch Whale Sharks, Manta Rays, and 2125 other incredibly different species of fish.
- There are 24 different kinds of Liveaboards available in Thailand for a perfect dive vacation.
- Similan Islands in Thailand has often been ranked as one of the top diving sites in the world, so you definitely cannot miss it!
- The best part about Thailand is that you can dive throughout the year!
Thailand Holiday Packages On TravelTriangle
Experience thrilling adventure sports, enjoy Thai cuisines, or pamper yourself with a relaxing spa. Book Thailand holiday packages on TravelTriangle and enjoy the beauty of the beaches of Krabi, Phuket, and Ko Samui.
Best Time To Go Scuba Diving In Thailand
Suggested Read: Scuba Diving In Aqaba: An Experience For The Ultimate Seagasm
Thailand is a tropical country so you can go for diving at any time of the year. However, the best time for scuba diving in Thailand is between November and April. The temperature is between 28 to 31 degrees, making the weather perfect for diving. For the month of May experiences a heavy rainfall, a lot of the marine reserves are closed (until mid-October) so you can go for diving in places along the Gulf of Thailand.
Best Places For Scuba Diving In Thailand
If you’re looking for the secret to make your next trip to Thailand happening or are looking for the most adventurous scuba diving experience, take a look at these best places that you ought to put on the top of your list!
1. Similan Islands
The best place to scuba dive in Thailand as well as one of the best places for scuba diving in the world, Similan Islands will fill you with delight and leave you speechless with its rich corals and granite boulders. If you wish to have the most beautiful diving experience, plan your dive here.
Scuba diving in Thailand cost: INR 7,800 onwards (liveaboard cruise)
Best Diving Spot: Richelieu Rock
2. Koh Tao
Diving inKohh Tao Thailand is where you will find the unusual species of fish like whale sharks, leopard sharks, bull sharks, and more. Dive into the beautiful underwater landscape and witness the vibrant life of underwater creatures at its best. Khao Lak scuba diving Thailand is another place for divers.
Price: INR 6,300 onwards (If you are looking for budget scuba diving in Thailand, this is the best place to visit as price is less here as compared to other places.)
Best Diving Spot: Chumphon Pinnacle
For scuba diving, Phuket, Thailand is one of the best places to treat the adventure enthusiast within you. After exploring the city in the daytime and night, head on to the white beaches and dive deep into the water for satiating your adventure hunger! It is one of the good places for Scuba diving in Thailand for beginners.
Scuba diving in Thailand phuket Price: INR 6,000 onwards
Best Diving Spot: Koh Dok Mai
4. Koh Samui
For a thrilling scuba diving experience, Koh Samui is the perfect place to visit in Thailand. Apart from the vivid underwater landscape here, you’ll get the chance to dive deep and witness the stingrays and barracudas closely.
Price: INR 11,000 onwards
Best Diving Spot: Sail Rock
5. Phi Phi Islands
Phi Phi Islands are known for its scenic beauty both above and below the surface. After diving into the crystal clear waters of the island, you’d definitely forget yourself. Also, this place offers the most thrilling experience of scuba diving for beginners.
Price: INR 7,178 onwards
Best Diving Spot: Koh Ban
Tips For Scuba Diving In Thailand
1. Try to pick the best scuba diving school in Thailand for the perfect diving experience.
2. Make sure that you wait for at least 18 to 24 hours after the last dive before taking a flight to avoid health issues.
3. Get a body check up for open wounds and cuts and cover them up before diving to protect yourself from skin infections.
4. Drink enough water to keep yourself hydrated before the dive. Avoid binge-drink a day before the dive as it dehydrates your body.
5. Do not indulge in the activity if you are hydrophobic or have any kind of breathing problems.
6. For a proper scuba diving certification, Thailand has many places like Koh Tao and more where you can get certified for diving.
Suggested Read: 10 Spots Famous For Scuba Diving In Seychelles
Frequently Asked Questions about Scuba Diving in Thailand
Q: How much does scuba diving cost in Thailand?
Different regions have different costs for scuba diving activity. It also depends upon operator to operator and the certification level. However, it will cost you around INr 6,000 to INR 12,000.
Q: How much is scuba diving in Phuket?
It costs from INR 6,000 onwards.
Q: Can you scuba dive without knowing how do you swim?
It is not mandatory. However, it is required for you to swim at least 200 m with any stroke and float on water for 10 minutes for your own safety.
Q: Can you scuba dive without a license?
You need a certification before you actually go and scuba dive.
Ready to explore the beauty of underwater life and get thrilled? Well then don’t think much and plan your Thailand holiday with TravelTriangle and satiate your adrenaline rush like never before!
Looking To Book An International Holiday?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.