Set on the popular Skeleton Coast and spread across a deserted region of about 146,600 hectares, this African paradise offers a Shipwreck Lodge in Namibia in which, one wouldn’t mind sinking at all. In middle of all the skulls and bones that reside on the coast, an offbeat accommodation awaits in the northwestern region of Namibia that lets you relish the taste of luxury amidst African wilderness like none other.
The best thing about this Shipwreck Lodge in Namibia is its location, which is:
- Inside Skeleton Coast Park
- At the heart of Skeleton Coast Central Concession
- On the banks of the Hoarusib River Mouth
- Between the rivers of Hoarusib and Hoanib
- Perched between the massive dunes
- Overlooking Atlantic Ocean
- At a distance of just 68 kilometers to the north of Möwe Bay
Cannot give shape to your imagination yet? Well that’s how mesmerizing your stay would feel like at these luxurious cabins built in the shape of an actual shipwreck. While the whole lodge comprises of eight twin-sharing rooms and two family tents, each of the wrecks or the rooms will offer:
- Fully-furnished rooms
- A lamp and a wood-burning stoves
- Huge windows
- A private swimming pool
- A shower, toilet, a washbasin, and other facilities that run on solar power
- A writing desk
- A coffee or tea station
While staying at Skeleton Coast National Park’s first ever lodge is an experience in itself, you will also be taken through the mind-blowing relics of the Karimona shipwreck, the Ventura Bomber, the Suiderkus Shipwreck, the deserted diamond mines of the Westies, and the remains of Flamingo pools’ reeds.
Other Experiences That Are Not To Be Missed At All!
- Excursion to the seal colony on Mowe Bay
- Dune bashing on the Namibian desert
- Go for a sundowner drive
- Say hello to hyenas at the Clay Castles on a 4×4 drive
- Go on a full-day excursion on River Hoarusib
- Enjoy a scrumptious lunch on the beach (subjected to feasible weather conditions)
Please Note: While the work is still in progress, the hotel will be open for bookings from June 2018 onwards.
Details Of Shipwreck Lodge In Namibia
Location: Shipwreck Lodge – Skeleton Coast, Namibia
Website | Phone: 0026-461-228-104
Price: (based on double-sharing per person)
- Introductory Rate: 8685 NAD / 47530 INR / 730 USD (1st June 2018 to 31st July 2018)
- Peak Season: 12220 NAD / 66875 INR / 1028 USD (1st August to 15th November 2018 and 20th December 2018 to 6th January 2019)
- Low Season: 10200 NAD / 55818 INR / 858 USD (16th November to 19th December 2018 and 7th January to 30th June 2019)
Don’t know about shipwreck-diving, but we are all in to indulge in this stunning Shipwreck Lodge in Namibia. So, how many of you are eager to stay here? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!