With a rich seam of gorgeous beaches, sparkling bays, colonial structures, stunning landscapes, and colorful culture, Vietnam seems to beguile the couples. And why not! A honeymoon in Vietnam offers it all – from the UNESCO-listed world heritage sites to the nightlife of the bustling cities and from the gorgeous paddy fields to the private dinners in caves.
Not convinced yet? Perhaps this Vietnam honeymoon guide will help you be certain about whether or not to pick the country for your romantic holiday.
Reasons to go for a honeymoon in Vietnam
There must be a really good reason to choose Vietnam over the luxury honeymoon destinations in the world. And we’ll give you not one, rather 5 reasons for the same:
1. To begin with, Vietnam is an inexpensive destination.
If you wish to experience luxury in an international destination, Vietnam is just the place to be. Hotels & restaurants are fairly economical, flights are cheap, and cost of internal transfers is also pretty low. In fact, Vietnam might as well be one of the budget honeymoon destinations in Asia that provide experiences comparable to its luxurious counterparts.
2. Services are pretty amazing.
Despite being economical, hotels and restaurants do not compromise on the quality of service provide. In fact, the staff will ensure that you face no troubles on your honeymoon in Vietnam.
3. The locals are friendly and hospitable.
The locals treat & greet the tourists in the friendliest manner possible. And their hospitality is commendable. Above all, they don’t shy away from providing help to those who seek it.
4. The exquisite Vietnamese cuisine is simply unforgettable.
A perfect blend of salty, sweet, sour, & hot flavors, the Vietnamese cuisine offers mouthwatering dishes. Fresh herbs, chilli sauces on side platter, and finest vines – all this at splendid beachfront or rooftop diners with magnificent views.
5. And needless to say that the best places in Vietnam for honeymoon are amazingly beautiful.
No, I cannot tell you how beautiful these Vietnam honeymoon destinations are…
But, I can show you!
Vietnam Honeymoon Destinations
Vietnam is an artist’s palette of varied hues. Verdant mountains & deep valleys, rivers & deltas, sparkling sea waters & white sand beaches, shining sand dunes, ancient monuments, and beautiful national parks – there’s hardly anything that one wouldn’t find in these lands. And these are perfect for a sightseeing tour of the best places to visit in Vietnam for honeymoon.
Beautiful places in Hoi An Region
The ancient coastal town of Hoi An is replete with Chinese temples, Japanese-designed bridges, canal, and French colonial houses. An Bang Beach and Cua Dai Beach provide a romantic touch to this ancient town. Temples of Bhadreswar, Prakash Dharma, and Sambhu Barman in My Son Sanctuary are also worth-visiting.
And when you’re done with the historical tours in Hoi An, you can head to Cham Island for cruising, diving, snorkelling, and underwater photography. Don’t miss the seafood here.
Tourist places in Hanoi Region
Imperial Citadel of Thang Long and Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum are ancient spectaculars that must be covered on a honeymoon in Vietnam, especially for the history buffs.
Must visit places in Ho Chi Minh City
From the War Remnant Museum and the Notre-Dame Cathedra to the thrilling Cu Chi Tunnels and the charming Mekong Delta – the attractions of Ho Chi Minh city are diverse in their very appeal. And when you run out of attractions, walk through the lanes and food streets to witness Vietnam in its true form.
Other beautiful attractions in Vietnam
The Valley of Love and the Xuan Huong Lake in Dalat are what honeymooners in Vietnam should not miss. The green lands of Sa Pa valley are also beautiful. And let’s not forget the Halong Bay that offers romantic boat tours.
To explore more of the history of Vietnam, there are many monuments in Hue. Nature lovers will love the the world heritage cave at the Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park and the rare fauna of Ba Be National Park.
Romantic things to do in Vietnam
The list of activities in Vietnam is a long one. There are cruise rides, boat trips, cycle tours, tunnel explorations, and sightseeing tours to indulge in. Couples can also enjoy a musical extravaganza at Saigon Opera House.
And let’s not forget the yummilicious Vietnamese dishes at the exotic diners and the various silk & other products at the numerous shopping outlets that couples shouldn’t miss on their honeymoon in Vietnam. You can also enjoy private dining in the caves of Halong Bay.
Best Honeymoon Resorts in Vietnam
But a honeymoon isn’t just about the outdoor experiences, is it? A luxurious or, at least, a comfortable stay is something that is a necessity on any form of vacation. And it is all the more important on your romantic trip in foreign lands. To ensure a perfectly crafted vacation, you can choose from a wide array of hotels and resorts in Vietnam. Some of the best honeymoon resorts have been listed below.
1. Six Senses, Con Dao
What’s special: Jungle cinema, beachfront restaurant, chilli table, in-villa barbecue, elephant bar, hammam & spa, and bicycle tours of resort
2. Princess D’Annam Resort & Spa
What’s special: Traditional & modern wines at Lounge, al fresco dining at Terrace, massage therapies, spa treatments at Zen Oasis, and facilities for water sports & Tai Chi
3. An Lam Ninh Van Bay Villas
What’s special: Infinity pool, open-air dining, in-villa dining, and wellness center & spa
But before picking your honeymoon destinations in Vietnam, have a look at the best time to visit each of these places.
Best time for a honeymoon in Vietnam
The best time to visit Vietnam for honeymoon depends on the honeymoon destinations that you wish to cover in your itinerary.
- Hanoi: The days during the months of October and November not too hot, despite plenty of sunshine. Also, there is little rainfall during this time.
- Ho Chi Minh city: May to November is the best time to visit the ancient township. There is plenty of green spaces during this time.
- Hoi An: May to July is the perfect time to visit Hoi An for honeymoon. The weather is perfect for beach activities. The tourist footfall is low. And so are the hotel prices.
- Hue: Any time between January and August is perfect for a romantic vacation in Hue. It is mostly a dry season with light afternoon showers.
- Halong: October to April is the best time to visit Halong Bay as this season is perfect for cruising, kayaking, and swimming.
- Sa Pa: Little rainfall, plenty of sunshine, and temperatures that aren’t very high make March – April and October – November the best seasons to visit Sa Pa for honeymoon.
- Central coast: The moderate temperatures and little rainfall during the months of February to May on the central coast of Vietnam make this season perfect for a romantic vacation here.
- Dalat: The weather in December – March is comfortable. The absence of rain in this season makes it perfect for outdoor activities. The flowers are in full bloom, thereby making Dalat very vibrant and romantic.
And it isn’t situated in some isolated place with zero connectivity. In fact, it is well-connected to other countries.
How to reach Vietnam
Location of Vietnam: Vietnam is a country in southeast Asia that shares borders with China, Laos, and Cambodia.
By air: Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi), Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh city), and Da Nang International Airport (Central Vietnam) are connected to other cities of the world by major international airlines, such as AirAsia, Qantas, Air France, and Lufthansa.
By rail: A strong railway network connects Vietnam with China.
By road: Road connectivity is good, in case you wish to come from Cambodia or Laos.
If you think the above-mentioned things conform to your idea of a romantic vacation, then Vietnam is definitely the destination for you. Without further ado, start planning a honeymoon in Vietnam now.