Peace amidst the hills and an experience which isn’t run-of-the-mill, the places to visit in Neemrana offer all of this, and much more. While the ancient historic town situated in Alwar, Rajasthan might not be too big in size, it is still a great holiday destination for a quick weekend escape.
The town doesn’t have a huge list of tourist attractions, but the few on the ground are absolutely worth witnessing. The aura of these six places in Neemrana is certainly captivating, enchanting, and alluring. Don’t believe us? Take a look for yourself.
Best Time To Visit Neemrana
Wrapped up in greenery, the town of Neemrana has a soothing weather and attracts travelers throughout the year. While the monsoon here is refreshing, the winter season or the months from September to March is ideally the best season to visit Neemrana. The temperature during this season ranges between 27°C to 5°C, making it an appropriate weather to step out and explore the tourist attractions in Neemrana.
7 Places To Visit In Neemrana In 2020
While Neemrana is majorly famous for its sprawling fort palace, there are also a few other places to see in the town. There are temples, stepwells, and national parks also. Here’s a list of the top places to visit in and around Neemrana that you can consider for your next road trip. Check them out and choose the best places for yourself.
- Neemrana Fort Palace – Experience Royalty
- Sariska National Park – Meet Fauna In Their Natural Habitat
- Baori – Take A Step Towards History
- Bala Quila Or Alwar Fort – Witness Breathtaking Views
- Vinay Vilas Mahal Or City Palace – Royal Lifestyle
- Siliserh Lake – Relax Beside The Waters
- Ancient Vrindavan Palace – Explore The Ruins
1. Neemrana Fort Palace – Experience Royalty
Luxurious, romantic, and full of bliss, the ever so popular fort palace is certainly one of the best places to visit in Neemrana Fort. A stay at this place not only makes sure you have the best vacay of your life, but also ensures you live each moment like royalty.
Price For Accommodation: INR 4,500 to INR 30,000 per room
Timings For Visiting The Fort: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Neemrana Fort Entry Fee: INR 1,900 which includes a buffet lunch, and INR 750 for only visiting the fort
Things To Do:
- Take a ride in a vintage car
- Indulge in a thrilling zip lining tour
- Take an audio tour of the fort
- Rejuvenate with a spa therapy
- Enjoy the beautiful views while you swim
Location: 122nd Milestone, Delhi-Jaipur Highway, Alwar, Neemrana, Rajasthan
Rajasthan Holiday Packages On TravelTriangle
2. Sariska National Park – Meet Fauna In Their Natural Habitat
Nestled in Aravalli Hills, Sariska is amongst the top places to see in Neemrana. The grasslands and dense forests are home to a number of species, especially the tigers, which make it a great tourist attraction. It is one of the ideal places to visit in Alwar, Neemrana if you’re an animal lover, or are looking for a multitude of experiences during your trip.
Timings: 6:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Things To Do:
- Wildlife spotting
- Enjoy the views of flying vultures and eagles from the castle on the hilltop
- Indulge in jungle safari
Location: Subhash Chowk Station, Road Malakhera, Alwar, Rajasthan
3. Baori – Take A Step Towards History
Baori is one of the amazing places to visit near Neemrana. It is a multi-storied underground stepwell that reflects upon the history of the town’s lifestyle, and also the beauty of old-age architecture at its best. Comprising of 170 steps, it takes you down to a narrower path, which has a cool and moist environment. There is no denying that its magnificence makes it amongst the unique places to visit near Neemrana Fort.
Entry Fee: There are no entry charges for visiting the stepwell.
- Capture the grandeur of the well
- Admire the Rajputana architecture
Suggested Read: 37 Exciting Road Trips From Delhi To Take With Your BFFs In 2020
4. Bala Quila Or Alwar Fort – Witness Breathtaking Views
Built on a hilltop in Aravalli Range, Bala Quila is the oldest gem in the Neemrana sightseeing list. The 15 large and 51 small towers add to its magnificence, making it a work of architectural art worth witnessing. Apart from leaving you amazed with its grandeur, this huge fort also offers breathtaking views of the city. It is indeed one of the best places to see in Neemrana.
Timings: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Things To Do:
- Admire the stunning views of the city from the top
- Explore the different towers of the fort
Location: Bala Quila Road, Alwar, Rajasthan
5. Vinay Vilas Mahal Or City Palace – Royal Lifestyle
Of all the tourist places in Neemrana, the Vinay Vilas Mahal is an architectural marvel that gives you a sneak peek into the royal lifestyle. Apart from its ground floor, all the other floors reflect a museum, which lets you in the sweet secrets & memoirs of the old historic times, and opulence of the kings, making it one of the best places to visit in Neemrana.
Timings: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM except for Saturday
Things To Do:
- Witness the Rajasthani and the Mughal architecture
- Take a tour of the museum
- Learn about the culture and lifestyle of the kings
Location: City Palace, Mohalla Ladiya, Alwar, Rajasthan
6. Siliserh Lake – Relax Beside The Waters
One of the most beautiful lakes in Rajasthan, Siliserh is a major tourist attraction in the town and amongst the top places to visit near Ramada, Neemrana. From offering moments of bliss to letting one indulge in fun activities, this place has a lot of experiences in store for all kinds of travelers. If you are looking for places near Neemrana, then this could be your pick.
Timings: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Things To Do:
- Sit by the lake and unwind
- Bird watching
- Take a leisure walk around the lake
Location: Alwar, Rajasthan
7. Ancient Vrindavan Palace – Explore The Ruins
Not many people have heard of this hidden place in Neemrana and you might be hearing it for the first time too. Neemrana and Alwar can never disappoint a curious, adventurous soul. Now a ruin, Ancient Vrindavan Palace is counted among the best offbeat places to visit near Neemrana. So, if you are looking for less explored places in Rajasthan then you must consider this palace in your must-visit list.
Location: Mod Shahjahanpur, Bani Jonaycha, Rajasthan 301706
Things To Do:
- Explore the palace
- Click photographs
Timings: Open 24 hours
Tips For Visiting Neemrana
- Prefer planning your trip to Neemrana between September to March, as the weather during this time is pleasant, and absolutely perfect for exploring the town.
- Pack a pair of sunglasses, hat, swimming costume, and sunscreen.
- Neemrana Fort Palace is a beautiful place for staying away from the bustling city life, and living like the royalty did. Do plan at least a night’s stay here.
- Try and book your room in advance if you wish to stay at the Neemrana Fort Palace, especially if you’re going during the peak season.
- Don’t forget to indulge in the trekking and thrilling zip lining tour in Neemrana.
- Since all the places are located at a few kilometers distance, it’s best to drive your own car there, and enjoy a road trip.
How To Reach Neemrana
Situated on the Delhi-Jaipur highway, 122 kilometers away from Delhi and 150 kilometers from Jaipur, Neemrana falls well within the Golden Triangle circuit. While the town can be reached via all modes of transport, here’s a way to get here through the best routes available.
By Air: The nearest airport to Neemrana is the Indira Gandhi International Airport, which is some 100 kilometers away. One can take a flight from any major city till Delhi, and then hire a cab to reach Neemrana directly.
By Road: Situated on the Delhi-Jaipur highway, Neemrana is a major stop for all the buses running across this route. Though, one can also hire a taxi or drive his or her own car to reach the town.
By Train: The nearest railway station to the town is Rewari, which is 40 kilometers away from Neemrana, and the major station is the New Delhi Junction, which is around 120 kilometers away. One can get down at any of these stations, and then take a direct cab to reach the town.
So, when are you planning to explore these places to visit in Neemrana, Rajasthan? Don’t think much and plan your road trip with TravelTriangle right away! We hope you have an exquisite holiday experience, and come back with interesting tales, which you can share with us at email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions About Places To Visit In Neemrana
A. Some of the must-visit places in Neemrana are the Neemrana Fort Palace, Sariska National Park, and Bala Quila are some of the must-visit places in Neemrana.
A. Yes, there is an entry fee for Neemrana Fort Palace. The Neemrana Fort Resorts’ entry fee on a weekday is somewhere around INR 1700 between 9 AM to 2 PM. However, if you are planning for a weekend trip then the entry fee is INR 2000 between 12 PM to 2.30 PM. This fee includes your entry fee and a scrumptious lunch.
A. Located in Alwar, Rajasthan, Neemrana Fort Palace is situated 3 kilometers inside from the main Delhi-Jaipur highway. The main entrance to the fort palace involves narrow lanes and a hill, and so the best way to reach there is by a car.
A. July to October is considered to be the best time to visit Neemrana. The weather is pleasant and you can explore the place comfortably.
A. Neemrana is most famous for being home to a sprawling, majestic palace named Neemrana Fort Palace. However, that is not the only thing Neemrana is known for. The Sariska National Park and Bala Quila also contribute to Neemrana’s fame.
A. Ziplining tour, admiring the sunset from the Neemrana Fort Palace, indulging in a relaxing spa, taking a vintage car ride, visiting the Baori, and wildlife spotting at the Sariska National Park are the top things to do in Neemrana.
A. The Neemrana Fort was built by Mohammad Ghori. The fort was reimagined and was made into a hotel in 1986.
A. There are 50 rooms in Neemrana Fort Palace which includes luxury suites, standard rooms, and normal suites.