Ever since the trend of travel bucket list has been on the rise, travelers have become pretty habitual to checking things off the list. Having said that and following the same trend, this detailed guide contradicts the typical itinerary format that creates time constraints and enables you to spend the best 4 days in Hong Kong.
From the total budget to currency exchange and from famous places to visit to things to remember, this comprehensive guide will enable you capture the essence of Hong Kong in an ideal duration of 4 days. So if you’ve been looking forward to a typical Hong Kong itinerary for 4 days, then you’re about witness a different experience altogether with amazing Honk Kong tour packages.
Hong Kong Weather Conditions
Suggested Read: New Year In Hong Kong: 6 Exciting Ways To Ring In 2019
Being a sub-tropical region, Hong Kong enjoys four main seasons that make the destination suitable to visit all round the year.
- Winters: December to February – The average temperature ranges between 12 degrees to 20 degrees.
- Spring: March to May – The average temperature ranges from 17 degrees to 26 degrees.
- Summers: June to August – The average temperature may rise from 26 degrees to 31 degrees.
- Autumn: September to November – The average temperature fluctuates from 19 degrees to 28 degrees.
Hong Kong & Macau Holiday Packages On TravelTriangle
Visit Hong Kong and explore disney land, ocean park, wet land park, victoria’s peak and Lantau Island. Further, explore Macau tower, the Venetian resort, Senedo square and more in Macau.
Best Time To Visit Hong Kong
Weather conditions in Hong Kong remain bearable in all the seasons. Though travelers visit Hong Kong round the year, Hong Kong can be best explored in the months from September to November.
Ideal Duration In Hong Kong
In order to capture the best experiences of Hong Kong, a duration of 4 days and 3 nights would suffice. In case you want to extend your trip, an ideal stay could stretch up to 5 days and 4 nights.
Where To Stay In Hong Kong
1. Park Hotel Hong Kong
Address: 61-65 Chatham Rd S, Tsim Sha Tsui
Price/Night: INR 7000 onwards (double-sharing)
Ratings: 4/5 Stars
How To Reach: 75 minutes from Hong Kong International Airport via cab, 15 minutes walk from the Star Ferry Pier & Ocean Terminal and 5 minutes away from the nearest Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station.
Website | Reviews
2. Pentahotel Hong Kong
Address: 19, Luk Hop St, Kowloon
Price/Night: INR 7000 onwards (double-sharing)
Ratings: 4/5 Stars
How To Reach: 40 minutes from the airport by taxi, 20 minutes from Mong Kok East Station, 37 minutes from Kowloon Station via the Airport Express.
Where To Eat In Hong Kong
Further Read: Shopping In Hong Kong: 5 Chic Hubs You Must Visit
1. Tim Ho Wan
It is the world’s cheapest Michelin starred restaurant that serves some of the best dim sums and has six branches in Hong Kong.
Address: Shop 12A, L1/F, Hong Kong MTR Station, Central, Hong Kong
Timings: 10 am to 9.30 pm (7 Days)
Ratings: 4/5 Stars
What To Eat: Traditional dim sums
Meal For Two: INR 500 to 1000
Average Time Spent: 25 minutes to 1.5 hours
Tip: Reservations are not accepted here and payments only by cash.
2. Lei Garden
Serving fresh seafood, contemporary dishes and healthy soups, Lei Garden is the ultimate Michelin starred restaurant to relish sumptuous Cantonese cuisine. It has 4 branches across Hong Kong.
Address: Shop No. 3008-11, 3/F., International Finance Centre, Central, Hong Kong
Timings: 11:30 am to 3 pm and 6 pm to 11:30 pm (7 Days)
Ratings: 3.5/5 Stars
What To Eat: Australian Lobster and “Dou Men” King Prawn
Meal For Two: INR 1000 to 3000
Average Time Spent: 1.5 hours to 2 hours
- Depending on which season you’re visiting, do try the chinese puddings, glutinous rice dumplings and moon cakes.
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Cash and others are accepted for payments. Reservations can be made over phone.
Suggested Read: 8 Must Know Hong Kong Travel Tips For First Time Travellers
3. Lung King Heen
Being the world’s first Chinese restaurant with three-star Michelin rating, Lung King Heen offers delectable and authentic Cantonese food.
Address: Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, 8 Finance St, Central, Hong Kong
Timings: Lunch – 12 noon to 2:30 pm (Weekdays), Lunch – 11:30 am to 3:00 pm (Weekends & Public Holidays) and Dinner – 6:00 pm to 10:30 pm (Everyday).
Ratings: 4.2/5 Stars
What To Eat: Though Lung King Heen specializes in seafood, prawns is a must try here.
Meal For Two: INR 1800 to 3600
Average Time Spent: 1.5 hours to 2.5 hours
- There is a dress code for men. Smart casuals including covered shoes, long pants and collared shirts are required for gentlemen.
- Reservations are recommended.
For a 4 days/3 nights stay at a comfortable 4 star property along with flights, meals, sightseeing and miscellaneous, the budget would be –
Flights (Economy): INR 30,000 for a round trip per person
Accommodation (4 Stars): INR 12,000 including taxes per person
Transfers (Through MTR): INR 2000 for all four days per person
Meals (Lunch and Dinner): INR 10,000 for the meals per person
Sightseeing: INR 20,000 per person
Misc Shopping: INR 25,000 per person
Exciting isn’t it? Customize your own Hong Kong tour packages via TravelTriangle right away!
Places To Visit In Hong Kong In 4 Days
Suggested Read: 15 Spellbinding Places To Visit in Macau For A Wow Holiday
Irrespective of the age, the Disneyland in Hong Kong caters to the whims and fancies of kids and elders alike.
Average Time Spent: 1 day tour to cover all the seven lands of Disneyland.
- Disneyland Spectacular Tour will give you access to all the rides and shows but entry to the park will be restricted.
- Take a sunscreen, shades and bug spray would be advisable along with an umbrella. Selfie sticks and food are strictly not allowed.
2. Ocean Park
As the name denotes itself, Ocean Park covers all the thrills of marine life, joyful rides, many exhibitions and interesting shows for kids.
Average Time Spent: 1 full day tour
- Get off at Ocean Park Station for direct access to park entrance through MTR.
- Carry a bag along as every plastic bag is charged for INR 5 and take an umbrella and sunscreen.
- Download the Ocean Park app for your convenience and updated information.
3. Lantau Island – Po Lin Monastery – Ngong Ping 360 Cable Car
The best way to get to Lantau Island is through the Ngong Ping 360 Cable Car which is an adventure blended perfectly with nature. Club your visit to the Po Ling Monastery and the Big Buddha, world’s second largest bronze statue as both these places to visit are located in Lantau Island.
Average Time Spent: Half Day
- The Sunset Peak is a great spot for couples to witness a mesmerizing sunset.
- The adventure junkies can also warm up to the Lantau trail that stretches up to 100 kilometers.
4. Tai Long Wan Beach
It is one of the most sought after beach by the travelers and is located in the Sai Kung Peninsula.
Average Time Spent: Half day or a night if camping is on your list
- To add that romantic touch, you can also experience night camping on the beach for free.
- Nature lovers also will be overwhelmed as more than 75 percent of Hong Kong is covered with undeveloped forest.
5. Wong Tai Sin Temple
Make a wish and it will be granted. Dedicated to the great immortal wong, this is the essence of this temple that attracts millions of travelers from all over the world.
Average Time Spent: Morning time is preferred the most and spending one or two hours would suffice.
Tip: Avoid visiting the temple during Chinese holidays as it will be over-crowded.
Suggested Read: 10 Festivals In Hong Kong That Best Showcase The City Culture
Hong Kong In 4 Days: Top Things To Do
Suggested Read: 15 Delightful Tourist Places In Hong Kong
Shop till you drop at the famous Causeway Bay, visit the famous ladies market in Mongkok or pick up the famous jade stones in every colour, shape and size at the Yau Ma Tei Jade Market.
2. Sightseeing On The Peak Tram
Explore the famous tourist attractions at its best and make the most of Hong Kong day trips via the delightful Peak Tram.
3. Victoria’s Peak
Being the highest point of the Hong Kong island, Victoria’s Peak is the best location to witness HongKong’s skyline.
Must Experiences In Hong Kong In 4 Days
1. The Famous Skyline
Get to the Sky 100 Observation Deck and soak in the beauty of Hong Kong’s skyline at the 100th floor of Kowloon’s International Commerce Centre.
2. Symphony of Lights
Your Hong Kong trip is incomplete without witnessing the world’s largest and permanent light and sound show.
3. Star Ferry Cruise
Open from 11:45 am to 8 pm, the Star ferry ride is functional ever since 1888 and transports over 20 million travelers from Kowloon to Hong Kong Central every year.
Extra Bites (If Time Allows)
Suggested Read: Honeymoon In Hong Kong: Here’s How To Plan The Romantic Affair
1. Harbor City
The first thing you’ll notice about Harbor City is its size. Being one of the largest mega malls in Asia, Harbor City too is one of the must visit places in Hong Kong.
2. Hollywood Road
Filled with art galleries and designer shops, Hollywood Road is indeed a visual delight.
3. Hong Kong Park
Home to numerous flower beds and interestingly carved statues and located right in the middle of the city, the Hong Kong Park never fails to impress the travelers.
- How To Spot A Good Exchanger? The exchange rates and conversion process will be good if the exchanger quotes both buy and sell prices.
- Anyhow if you want to exchange money after going to Hong Kong, then go inside the Chungkung Mansions or World Wide House at the Central.
- While using a foreign credit card, choose to get your bills in Hong Kong Dollars instead of USD. In this way, you will be charged at the bank exchange rate rather than the merchant rate.
- Prefer MTR, the local metro over private mode of transportation to avoid burning a hole in your pocket. This will save you a hell lot of money.
Looking forward to explore Hong Kong? Make your planning easy with this detailed guide of 4 days Hong Kong itinerary and customize your own Hong Kong tour packages with TravelTriangle. BOOK NOW!
Looking To Book An International Holiday?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.