The hostels in New Zealand are some of the best in the world. From providing comfort to in-house services to friendly hospitality and easy access to essential technology and internet – they come close to properties that have 3 or 4 star hotel status. So if you’re traveling to New Zealand or are planning to do so, we would recommend staying at a hostel for it could save you hell lot of money, guarantee a splendid experience and help you meet interesting people you never thought you’d ever encounter. Here’s a list of top 10 hostels in New Zealand.
1. Bamber House
A colonial lodge, this hostel is located in the leafy Mt Eden suburb and is approx 30 minutes away from the main town. There is free and unlimited WIFI along with free parking and spacious communal areas. Apart from this, one can also chill at the big garden that is part of this property or get cozy at the log fire. Overall, this place is well located near popular bars, cafes, shops, and supermarkets making it one of the best hostels in New Zealand.
- Tariff: From INR 1499
- Address: 22 View Rd, Mount Eden, Auckland 1024, New Zealand
- Phone: +64 9-623 4267
- What’s Special: A large property away from the town bustle that offers a spacious accommodation and a serene ambience
2. Ponsonby Backpackers
Suggested Read: 10 Luxury Villas In New Zealand That Showcase Its Beauty
This hostel in New Zealand is located centrally and is close to all the funk and history of Auckland. Run by a staff that is well traveled, you will experience great hospitality here since they completely understand a travelers need. From fast WIFI to desktop computer to the sunny BBQ area, this one offers a more than better experience to all backpackers.
- Tariff: From INR 1300
- Address: 2 Franklin Rd, Freemans Bay, Auckland 1011, New Zealand
- Phone: +64 9-360 1311
- What’s Special: A no nonsense hostel that offers great hospitality and easy access to everything happening in Auckland.
3. Adventure Queenstown Hostel
When it comes to the best hostels in New Zealand, this one is surely on top. Offering large communal spaces and dining hall along with real timber beds and all the modern tech including WIFI, laundry facilities, flat screen TVs, and Playstation – this one is a complete package on its own. Apart from this, it is centrally located and is minutes away from all the bustle of the town.
- Tariff: From INR 1630
- Address: 36 Camp St, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
- Phone: +64 3-409 0862
- What’s Special: This hostel with its two balconies offers an airy free spirit feel. One can also rent bikes and snowboards.
4. Bumbles Backpackers Queenstown
Offering spectacular lake and mountain views, this hostel is a dream come true for those looking for a “room with a view”. It also has free WIFI, large communal spaces and modern tech to keep you company. The host and staff is friendly and will happily guide you to the best hotspots in downtown Queenstown.
- Tariff: From INR 1630
- Address: Cnr Lake Esplanade & Brunswick Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
- Phone: +64 3-442 6298
- What’s Special: A hostel in New Zealand that is all about the nature and its views, one can soak in the tranquil vibe of the lake or relax in its garden.
5. Canterbury House Christchurch
A homestyle hostel in New Zealand, the Canterbury House is a quite and clean hostel that comes with its own garden and sundeck to chill. The rooms are heated during the winterts and overall, the hostel is centrally located. People who are looking for a peaceful stay would love it here.
- Tariff: From INR 1540
- Address: 257 Bealey Ave, Christchurch Central, Christchurch 8013, New Zealand
- Phone: +64 3-377 8108
- What’s Special: This hostel which also houses a pet cat offers everything that a hostel needs to including free WIFI and tops it off with a heavy dose of serenity.
6. Kiwi Basecamp
One of the most picturesque hostels in New Zealand, the Kiwi Basecamp is cozily nestled between the mountains and the sea and offers a spectacular stay before you begin your next adventure. There is free tea, coffee, and freshly baked bread included in your package. There is also a private garden and BBQ area along with free WIFI.
Tariff: From INR 1260
Address: 69 Bealey Ave, Christchurch Central, Christchurch 8011, New Zealand
Phone: +64 3-366 6770
What’s Special: A hostel that offers fresh bread, tea, coffee, and WIFI along with being close to the shops – this one is a complete budget package.
7. YHA Wellington City
Modern, bright, and friendly, the YHA Wellington City Hostel in New Zealand is one of the best when it comes to services. There is coffee machine and breakfast availability. The location is central and in affinity to shops and major hotspots.
- Tariff: From INR 1400
- Address: 292 Wakefield Street, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
- Phone: +64 4-801 7280
- What’s Special: A no nonsense hostel offering excellent services, meals, and modern tech in a bright and airy space.
8. The Cambridge Hotel & Backpackers
Everyone is welcome at this hotel and hostel in New Zealand. The hostel side of the heritage hotel is home to some of the best luxurious hostel experiences ands has everything you would require to meet your needs. For those who want to backpack in style without compromising on too much luxury, this is it.
- Tariff: From INR 1200
- Address: 28 Cambridge Terrace, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
- Phone: +64 4-385 8829
- What’s Special: Ever stayed at a heritage hostel?
9. YHA Rotorua Backpackers
Located beside Kuirau Park, Rotorua’s free geothermal attraction, this hostel lives up to the YHA reputation and offers a hassle free hostel stay complete with all the amenities. From the front desk to the breakfast to WIFI, satisfaction is guaranteed here.
- Tariff: From INR 1100
- Address: 1278 Haupapa St, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
- Phone: +64 7-349 4088
- What’s Special: If you’re looking for a clean, spacious and well organized hostel stay in Rotorua that is central to all the attractions, then this is it.
10. Spa Lodge
This hostel in Rotorua pumps geothermally heated water for taps and showers and is one of the most eco friendly hostels in New Zealand. It is has an on site geothermal spa, free of cost for its residents and has 24 rooms with 60 beds. Clearly, a winner when it comes to a fine hostel stay experience.
- Tariff: From INR 900
- Address: 1221 Amohau St, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
- Phone: +64 7-348 3486
- What’s Special: A natural outdoor mineral hot spa on-site, that’s special!
Now that your stay in New Zealand is looking cheaper and more fulfilling than ever, when are you planning your holiday? And if you are, let TravelTriangle personalize and make your trip better.