What, you still haven’t been to Bali? Now’s the time. The Indonesian province is the heartland of the region and is home to some of the most iconic beaches, volcanic mountains, and no we didn’t forget the rice paddies. Forget the beaches and the tropical clichés—there’s a slew of fresh reasons to visit the many destinations that are straight out of a postcard with endless things to do in Bali. From major showcases in art museums, temples, and the classic monkey-forest tour in Ubud, hop to Kuta: a busy seaside town that treats you perfectly with restaurants, myriad avant-garde nightlife are some of the top things to do in Bali, and—for those more intrigued with the adventures this land harbors—a trip to the Lovina Beach (black sand beaches, anyone?)
50 Things To Do In Bali For A Memorable Holiday
The full spectrum of the many experiences that Bali offers ranges from exploring everything-Balinese on a traditional culinary tour to exploring the hidden archipelagos with some of the best sunset moments. But how do you even start to figure out which experience will tastefully complement your adventure? To answer this enormous question we’ve pulled together a list of 50 unique things to do in Bali that’ll help you plan your perfect getaway.
1. Tanah Lot Temple
Tanah Lot is a Hindu temple located on a large rock. To explore the magnificent beauty of Temple Luhur Tanah Lot, one needs to walk on foot from the shore to the rock (during low tide). Meanwhile, during high tide, the water level will be higher and the surface will be full of water, making Tanah Lot look like a beautiful coral island in the middle of the sea from a distance. Besides Luhur Temple and Batu Bolong Temple, there are four temples in this area exploring which is one of the best cultural things to do in Bali amongst the devotees. Those temples are Pura Jero Kandang, Pura Enjung Galuh, Pura Batu Mejan, Pura Pekedungan and Pura Penyawang. Location: Beraban, Kediri, Tabanan Regency, Bali 82121, Indonesia Timings: 7:00 am to 7:00 pm Cost: IDR 60,000 (adult) & IDR 30,000 (child) Ideal For: One of the best things to do in Bali for couples Best Time To Visit: Experiencing sunset at Tanah Lot Temple is one of the best things that the couples can do on their honeymoon in Bali during the evening between 6 pm to 7 pm. How To Reach: Tanah Lot is nearly 45 minutes by car from Kuta, Legian and Seminyak. From Ubud it can be reached in about 30 to 40 minutes by car. Nearby Attractions: Batu Bolong Beach, Echo Beach Club, Batu Bolong Temple Nearby Hotels: Natya Hotel Tanah Lot, Little Ripper Bali, De Moksha Boutique, Villa Amani Golf Nearby Restaurants: Natys Restaurant, Warung Tani, De Jukung Resto & Bar Tips: You need to follow sign boards carefully to reach the temple. In Frame:
- Tanah Lot Temple with visitors crossing the way.
- A marvelous temple that was established as a place of worship of the Ida Batara Segara, Pura Batu Bolong is one of the Jagat Temples of Heaven in Bali. The temple features a beautiful panorama with a big hole under the temple.
- Besides Luhur Temple, and Batu Bolong Temple, there are 4 temples in this area that are popular amongst devotees. Those temples are Pura Jero Kandang, Pura Enjung Galuh, Pura Batu Mejan, Pura Pekedungan and Pura Penyawang.
Must Read: 10 Famous Villages In Bali Bubbling With Life, Art, & Rich Culture
2. Kintamani and Mount Batur Trek
Mount Batur is a volcano located in Bali’s highland region. It is a popular hiking trek and takes only an hour and a half to reach the top of the mountain. Most of the couples prefer visiting the place early in the morning as sunrise views are mesmerizing from the top, and it is also one of the best adventures in Bali. Toya Bungkah, Ulun Danu Batur temple, and a collection of hot springs are located in the vicinity. Location: Bangli Regency, Bali, Indonesia Timings: 5 am to 1 pm Cost: IDR 100.000 per person Ideal For: Ideal for solo travellers, friends, large groups, and adults. Best time to visit: The best time to go on a trek to Mount Batur is during the dry season which is from May to September, especially in the morning. How To Reach: The fastest way to reach Mount Batur is by taking a bus from Ubud to Kintamani, whereas the cheapest way to reach there is by a minibus Nearby Attractions: Bali Bird Park, Kemenuh Butterfly Park Nearby Hotels: Sanctoo Suites & Villas, The Sanctoo Villa Nearby Restaurants: Gayo Restaurant, Sanctoo Restaurant Tips: Make sure you check out the interactive shows during your visit In Frame:
- Dramatic views of Mount Batur
- This site offers a panoramic view of black lava rocks and stones surrounding its enormous heights. Many guided tours offer the experience to visit this site using custom-made four-wheel-drive vehicles.
- Pura Ulun Danu Batur is a prominent temple dedicated to the goddess of the lake – Ida Batari Dewi Ulun Danu. It is the principal temple, with five main courtyards. The dominant shrines include the merus: an 11 tiered idol that signifies lake goddess and three 9 tiered idols depicting the gods of Mt Batur, Mt Agung, and Ida Batara Dalem Baturenggong.
- Located in the northeast of Ubud, backed by the volcanic slabs of Mount Abang, Lake Batur (Danau Batur) is a striking crater lake considered sacred by the Balinese.
Suggested Read: 20 Mind-Blowing Water Sports In Bali For The Thrill Seeker In You!
3. Uluwatu Temple
Uluwatu Temple, also known as Pura Luhur Uluwatu is one of the six key temples that are the spiritual pillars of Bali. Perched on top of a cliff approximately 70 meters above sea level, the temple is renowned for its magnificent location and is considered to be one of the classic activities in Bali. To enter the Uluwatu area, visitors must wear a sarong and a sash. You can also buy or rent accessories from the entrance. Thousands of monkeys live around the Uluwatu temple and one can have a chance to get closer or interact with these tourist friendly creatures while visiting the temple. Location: Pecatu, South Kuta, Badung Regency, Bali, Indonesia Timings: 7:00 am – 7:00 pm Cost: IDR 30,000 (adult) and IDR 15,000 (child) Ideal For: One of the top 10 things to do in Bali for young couples. Best time to visit: Around 5 pm and try to stay until sunset as the views are incredible in the evening. How To Reach: Uluwatu Temple sits about 45 minutes from the Denpasar and Kuta by road Nearby Attractions: Suluban Beach, Padang Padang Beach Nearby Hotels: Le Cliff Bali, Blue Point Resort And Spa, Uluwatu Jungle Villas, Uluwatu Surf Villas Nearby Restaurants: Gooseberry Restaurant, Suka Expresso, Single Fin Bali Tips: Visiting the entire Uluwatu region takes at least 5 hours. In Frame:
- View of Uluwatu Temple perched on a cliff overlooking the ocean.
- Kecak dance is performed every day at the adjacent cliff-top stage from 18:00 to 19:00 at a cost of approx $7 per person.
- Suluban Uluwatu Beach is famous for surfing in Uluwatu. It takes nearly 4 minutes by car from the Uluwatu Temple area to reach here.
- Located on Jaran Hill, the lighthouse offers a spectacular view of the Uluwatu temple as well as the top-cliffs along the shore.
Suggested Read: Secret Gardens Of Sambangan: For An Ultimate Holiday Experience In The Scenic Land Of Bali
4. Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary
Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary is a home to more than 700 monkeys, of which, most of them are the traditional Balinese long-tailed monkeys. Although this place welcomes all types of travelers, Monkey Forest is a kind of place that is one of the top 5 activities for friends and family. While scientifically they’re called Macaca fascicularis, they are generally called macaque in English. The forest covers approximately ten hectares or twenty-seven acres, and contains around 115 different species of trees. This location will provide the learning experience about their living habitats as well as daily routines. Location: Manggis, Karangasem Regency, Bali, Indonesia Timings: 8.30 AM – 5.30 PM Cost: IDR 60 – IDR 80 per person Ideal For: One of the best adventure to enjoy especially with kids. Best time to visit: The best time to visit Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary is during the noon 1 to 2 pm as the monkeys get fed by the previous visitors and remain calm and friendly. How To Reach: Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary is located at the heart of Ubud and can be easily reached by road. Nearby Attractions: Goa Gajah, ARMA Museum, Museum Puri Lukisan Nearby Hotels: Bali Bohemia, Royal Kamuela Villas And Suites, Anumana Hotel Ubud, Sarin Ubud Suite Nearby Restaurants: Wanara Spice, Embers Restaurant, Olive Mediterranean Cuisine Tips: Maintain distance from monkeys and don’t touch them. In Frame:
- Traditional Balinese long-tailed monkeys.
- The forest is an important part for tourists and the locals as temple festivals are regularly held here.
- Located in the southwest area of the sanctuary, Pura Dalem Agung Padangtegal temple is also called the Great temple of death.
- Located in the northeastern area of the sanctuary, the Pura Prajapati temple is adjacent to the cemetery where Hindus worship Hyang Widhi who is personified as the Prajapati.
- Located in the northwest area, Pura Beji is often used for “melukat” which means spiritual and physical cleansing before conducting the ceremony of Odalan.
Suggested Read: Head To Bali In August For An Fun-Filled, Festive, And Leisurely Vacation!
5. Tegalalang Rice Terraces
Tegalalang rice fields are a series of rice paddies located close to Ubud, in the heart of Bali. They exhibit a traditional Balinese irrigation system called Subak. Positioned in a valley, the Tegalalang rice terraces offer extremely scenic lookouts over the rice fields and surrounding lush green landscapes, and it is one of the must-visit places in Bali for couples. It takes a 20-minute drive from Ubud to reach here. Location: Jl. Raya Tegallalang, Tegallalang, Kec. Tegallalang, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80561, Indonesia Timings: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm Cost: IDR 10,000 per person Ideal For: One of the best activities in Bali for friends and family. Best time to visit: Exploring Tegalalang Rice Terraces is one of the best experienced in the morning. Early in the morning or late afternoon proves to be the best time to visit. How To Reach: The terraces can be reached by a half an hour drive from Ubud town centre. Nearby Attractions: Jatiluwih Rice Terrace, Ricefields Tegallalang Nearby Hotels: Villa Wedang, Padi Bali Eco Villas, DD Ubud Jungle Villa Nearby Restaurants: Ankhusa Restaurant Ubud, Suarapura Restaurant, Rice Terrace Tips: Visit the place early in the morning to avoid heat and crowds In Frame:
- A view of Tegalalang rice fields exhibiting their unique way of farming.
- A visit to Tegalalang wouldn’t be complete without a photo at the Love Bali sign. Similar to the rest of the rice terraces the place is known for its refreshing ambiance.
- Tegalalang Village is located 600 meters above sea level and experiences pleasant weather throughout the year. There are numerous art and craft shops located on the road to Tegalalang that offer a large variety of unique carvings, paintings, accessories, Balinese curios, furniture, etc.
- Terrace River Pool Swing is worth trying while visiting Bali. The swing gives you a different view of the rice terrace.
Suggested Read: Scuba Diving In Bali: 7 Dive Sites To Dive Like A Mermaid In 2022
6. Bali Swing
From rope swings that take you further into the aesthetic wilderness of Bali to a range of tours that will appeal to the adventurer in you, the theme park in Abiansemal is popular for its endearing welcome and fun activities. But breaking all popularity records among the many attractions, the swing is one of the best experiences in Bali on honeymoon. Location: Jl. Dewi Saraswati No.7, Bongkasa Pertiwi, Kec. Abiansemal, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80352, Indonesia Timings: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Cost: IDR 250,000 per person Ideal For: Best suitable for friends and couples Best time to visit: Start your day in the morning as the best time to go for the swing is 8 am, that’s when the doors are open. Generally, tourist buses reach here by 9 am, try to complete your swing by that time to avoid crowds. How To Reach: Bali Swing is well-connected by road and it takes nearly 35 minutes drive from Ubud to reach here. Nearby Attractions: Tegalalang Rice Terrace, Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary Nearby Hotels: Amandari, Mandapa, Beji Ubud Resort, Our Bali Homestay Nearby Restaurants: Kebun Bistro, Plantation Restaurant, Sawah Terrace Tips: Listen to the guidelines and follow them meticulously. In Frame:
- The best way to admire the rice terraces of Bali, through Bali Swing
- Besides the photogenic locations near Bali swing, and the activity itself which is worthy of a great capture, there are several other regions in and around the Kabupaten Badung region that must be explored through a photo tour.
- The 2 hours rafting event at Ayung River’s coastline is the perfect way to explore the nearby natural attractions, join in the thrill of enthusiast rafters, and feel the waves of water-water rafting challenge the wild spirit in you.
- Nestled amidst the jungles and rice paddies, the park offers a unique experience, including trekking with the elephants (possibly riding on them) and learning about their lives. Native to Sumatra, and brought to Bali as a part of a government program to establish a protected remote population.
- The world’s first plant-based Chocolate factory, and an establishment that has been creating delectable artisanal chocolates since 2010 cannot be missing from your itinerary.
Suggested Read: Uluwatu Temple: A Tour Guide To The Majestic Sea Temple In Bali!
7. Kecak Dance
Kecak dance, the traditional Balinese dance is performed every day across Bali at prominent temples, religious and public centres, and theatres dedicated to witnessing one of the top 10 experiences. The performances generally start at 18:00 and continue till 19:00 or 19:30 depending on the timings set by the venue. You also get a chance to understand local culture and interact with artists. The most popular venues to attend Kecak dance in Bali are Pura Luhur Uluwatu and Pura Dalem Taman Kaja. Location: Various venues such as Pura Luhur Uluwatu and Pura Dalem Taman Kaja Timings: 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm or 7:30 pm Cost: IDR 50,000 (adult) and IDR 30,000 (child) Ideal For: One of the best things to do in Bali for families. If you are holidaying with family and love the Bali culture, then don’t forget to attend the Kecak dance performance. Best time to visit:It is indeed in the evening as the views of sunset in the background makes it an unforgettable experience. How To Reach:The performances are organised at the prominent centres and temples and can be easily reached by road. Nearby Attractions: NA Nearby Hotels: NA Nearby Restaurants: NA Tips: Listen to narration in the beginning carefully, it includes the ultimate story portrayed in the act. In Frame:
- Kecak, the traditional dance form of Bali.
- The Amphitheater is an outdoor place for special shows with well-designed acoustics.
- Street Theater is the site where you may find local artists performing the art in their exquisite style.
- If you wish to know the local art forms then don’t dare to miss out on an outdoor dancing performance at Pura Dalem Taman Kaja.
Suggested Read: 10 Bali Festivals: Cultural And Traditional Amalgamation From Incredible Indonesia
8. Bali Zoo
Bali Zoo is home to various tropical plants and an extensive collection of fauna ranging from mammals, birds, and reptiles. The zoo is pleasant to walk through and also features a range of experiences, such as elephant and pony rides, photo sessions with animals, as well as outbound adventures. For those who are looking forward to an eventful day, exploring the zoo can prove to be one of the best best things to do in Bali during the morning. Location: Singapadu, Sukawati, Gianyar, Bali 80582, Indonesia Timings: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Cost: IDR 395,000 per person Ideal For: Families with kids. Best time to visit: Exploring the zoo also happens to be the things to do in Bali in March through September How To Reach: The easiest way is to reach the Bali Zoo by bus. Board the bus on Line 5, and get down at the third stop Nearby Attractions: Bali Bird Park, Kemenuh Butterfly Park Nearby Hotels: Sanctoo Suites & Villas, The Sanctoo Villa Nearby Restaurants: Gayo Restaurant, Sanctoo Restaurant Tips: Make sure you check out the interactive shows during your visit In Frame:
- Get a chance to have breakfast with the Orangutans at their playground. On top of that, you can also attend an exotic bird show during the event. Tickets must be booked in advance.
- Take a 20 minutes elephant ride on your visit to Bali Zoo. Together with the elephants, you can go through the tropical topography and get a closer experience of wildlife. The activity includes a buffet lunch.
- Interact with friendly animals and learn about their behavior. You can also try to hand-feed the zoo’s domestic animals.
- Catch different aspects of the zoo through a pony ride. It is an exciting experience for those holidaying in Bali with kids.
Suggested Read: 10 Best Hostels In Bali That’ll Ensure You Spend Less And Experience More!
Planning your holiday in Bali but confused about what to do? These Bali travel stories help you find your best trip ever!
9. Bali Safari And Marine Park
This park offers the breathtaking adventure of riding one of the largest land mammals through an African-themed Bushveld surrounded by Wildebeests, Zebras, and Rhinoceros, all roaming free in their true habitat. The educational rides are led by the trained and qualified mahout (handlers) that will guide you through the tour. Exploring Bali Safari and Marine Park is undoubtedly one of the top 10 activities in Bali for family where you will learn more of the fascinating behaviour, skills, intelligence, and natural habitat of these magnificent creatures. Location:Jl. Profesor Jl. Prof. Dr. Ida Bagus Mantra No.km 19,8, Serongga, Kec. Gianyar, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80551, Indonesia Timings: 9:00 am – 4:30 pm Cost: IDR 560,000 (adult) and IDR 356,000 (child) Ideal For: One of the best things to do in Bali with kids Best time to visit: It takes nearly 5-6 hours to explore the entire area. One of the best things to do in Bali on weekends and in the morning so that you don’t miss out on anything. How To Reach: You can hire a taxi or take a shubble bus from Kuta. The place is well-connected by road and can be easily reached. Nearby Attractions: Keramas Beach, Tegenungan Waterfall, Goa Gajah Nearby Hotels: Villa L’Orange Bali, Mara River Safari Lodge, Rumah Luwih Nearby Restaurants: Tsavo Lion Restaurant, Dapoer Lebih Restaurant, Wr. Ayam Betutu Prambandana Tips: Make sure to carry mosquito repellent and sunscreens. In Frame:
- There is nothing more enthralling than an animal safari adventure after sundown when during your escapade where you will be practically inches away from wild animals. Upon any encounter, you will be able to observe their life up-close and also may get a chance to hand-feed the animals at a close range.
- Night safari at Bali Safari And Marine Park is an amazing experience.
- A spectacular cultural performance featuring more than 180 Balinese dancers that infuse traditional and modern theatrical arts is a perfect way to end a day of sightseeing.
- Pay a visit to the lions at the Tsavo Lion Restaurants while witnessing wildlife in their natural habitat as you share your afternoon lunch hours with them.
Suggested Read: 10 Places To Visit In Bali In October That Prove It’s More Than Just A Summer Retreat
10. Goa Gajah Caves
Nestled amidst a gorgeous natural scene just six kilometres out of central Ubud, Goa Gajah is famous for not only being one of the best experience for young couples on honeymoon but also for its relic-filled courtyard, the rock-wall carvings, a central meditational cave, bathing pools and fountains. As an ode to its endless beauty and significance, this site was added to the UNESCO World Heritage Tentative List on October 19, 1995. Location: Ubud, Bali, Indonesia Timings: 24×7 Cost: IDR 15,000 per person Ideal For: One of the top 20 things to do in Bali for all. Best time to visit: This is one of the many refreshing activities to do in the morning as the place is cool and the weather enhances the experience of tourists. How To Reach: Goa Gajah can be reached in 10 minutes from Ubud. The place is well-connected by road Nearby Attractions: Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary, Tegalalang Rice Terrace, Taman Ayun Temple Nearby Hotels: Ubud Dedari Villas, Beehouse Ubud, Tanah Gajah Nearby Restaurants: The Mango Tree Cafe, Bebek Puri Suling, Layana Warung Tips: If you are visiting Goa Gajah during sunny days, do not forget to take your cap and water bottle along with you. In Frame:
- An entry point at Goa Gajah.
- Explore the southern end of Goa Gajah, a trail that leads you straight to the glistening waters of Petanu River, another beautiful natural site in Bali that can be found mentioned in countless guides and articles, thanks to its mesmerising landscape and soothing allure.
- If you are looking for a spiritual and soul-soothing afternoon that will help you relax and unwind, a walk around the Bathing Temple in Goa Gajah is the perfect place to be. The pool, excavated in 1954, features seven statues depicting Hindu angels holding vases that act as waterspouts. Away from the noise of bustle, the uint surroundings and historic sculptures make it a must-visit.
Suggested Read: Shopping In Bali: A 2022 Retail Therapy Guide On What To Buy & From Where
11. Menjangan Island
An island day-tour is one of the best experiences in Bali for young couples on their honeymoon. It might take you some time to get here but it definitely is worth it. The prime reason for which the tourists visit Menjangan Island is for diving and a variety of underwater surprises. One can find many colorful fish and coral reefs on the island. You can also visit the Menjangan National Park if you wish to interact with the fauna in the region. It’s among the prime Bali tourist attractions that can be best explored on weekends. Location: Sumber Klampok, Gerokgak, Buleleng Regency, North West Bali, Indonesia Timings: N/A Cost: N/A Ideal For: Couples, friends, and family. Best time to visit: The best time to visit this place is from early morning or late afternoon when the nightlife becomes an attraction on its own. How To Reach: The best way to reach Menjangan Island is by taking a boat from Labuhan Lalang, a port located at Northern Bali which is just at a distance of 30 kilometers from central Bali. Nearby Attractions: West Bali National Park, Pulau Tabuhan Nearby Hotels: The Menjangan, Mimpi Resort Menjangan Nearby Restaurants: Pantai Restaurant, The Octagon Ocean Club Tips: Make sure you check out the surfing lessons if you are a potential enthusiast. In Frame:
- Menjangan’s excellent and pristine marine scenes make it a well known spot among jumpers and swimmers.
- On dry land, the island is home to a crowd of deer – the island’s name deciphers as ‘Deer Island’.
- Menjangan is effectively open from the northwest shoreline of Bali – an excursion of around 40 minutes by speedboat from Pemutaran/Labuhan Lalang.
Suggested Read: 6 Enthralling Things To Do Near Tegalalang Rice Terraces, Bali For A Fun-Packed Vacation In 2022
12. Water Sports at Tanjung Benoa
Wondering what to do in Bali for a rare adventure experience? When it comes to water sports, Tanjung Benoa is the best place to visit. There are various activities that you can try out here and jetpack is considered to be the most preferred one. Imagine undergoing a flying experience, 10 meters above the water for almost 20 minutes. Some professional instructors will always be around to help you have a memorable experience. Location: South Kuta, Badung Regency, Bali, Indonesia Timings: 9 am–5 pm Cost: IDR 395,000 Ideal For: One of the best activities for couples, and large groups Best time to visit: The best time to visit Tanjung Benoa for water sports is early in the morning to avoid rush or lines before enjoying your favourite activities. And it is also one of the best things to do in Bali in summer to beat the heat. How To Reach: The best way to reach Tanjung Benoa is by taking a cab from your location. This place is also very close to the airport from where you can take a 25 minute ride to this destination. Nearby Attractions: Hardy’s Malls Nusa Dua, Tanah Lot Nearby Hotels: Novotel Bali Benoa, Sadara Boutique Beach Resort Nearby Restaurants: Sakala Beach Club, Chef’s Room Tips: Also make sure you check the local markets for some souvenirs. In Frame:
- Tanjung Benoa, before it became a watersports paradise is also a nearby angler town.
- Private manors with worldwide norm, a-list eatery, open territory bistro, and obviously, Bali marine water sports exercises you will effectively discover on this sea shore.
- Besides Tanjung Benoa, you will discover a waterway boating adventure. The best spot to have white water stream boating in Bali is the Telaga Waja River and Ayung River boating.
Suggested Read: 34 Best Beaches In Bali To Visit In 2022 For An Exotic Mix Of Serenity, Seclusion, & Snorkeling!
13. Ulun Danu Temple
Wondering what to do in Bali during the winter season? Look no further than visiting the beautiful Ulun Danu Temple that can be explored on a low budget too. This is a temple that is dedicated to Dewi Batari Ulun Danu, goddess of the lakes and rivers and is located in the heart of Bedugul. This Ulun Danu temple is also known as ‘the Temple of the Cave’, as it is built on a hill, sitting on top of a holy cave, the Goa Raja or “King’s Cave”. Placed on a concrete platform in this temple sits a small ship flanked by the statues of Dewa Baruna, the god of the seas, and Dewi Ayu Mas Segara, goddess of the Southern Seas – in Java commonly known as Lörö Kidul. Location: Danau Beratan, Candikuning, Baturiti, Tabanan Regency, Bali 82191, Indonesia Timings: 7 am–7 pm Cost: N/A Ideal For: Friends, family, and couples Best time to visit: During the dawn and in the evening as you get to observe the local rituals during these hours. How To Reach: The best way to reach the Ulun Danu Temple is by taking a private cab from Semiyak or Ubud which will take you 1-3 hours to reach this temple. Nearby Attractions: Danau Beratan, Taman Ayun Temple Nearby Hotels: Villa Sinta, Umah Lumbung Bedugul Nearby Restaurants: Mama San, Puteri Minang Tips: This temple is also a great viewpoint to look at Bali’s rice fields. In Frame:
- A view of Ulun Danu Temple
- This temple is considered very sacred by locals. It is strongly related to Ratu Niang Lingsir or Ida Bethari Sentani, this can be seen from the statue of her that can be found inside the temple.
- The Goa Raja Cave houses a small temple and it can be reached via a narrow staircase which is hewn out of the rocks, descending to the entrance of the cave.
- You can also find small caves, collect shells on the sand, sip fresh coconut water and enjoy the sun of Bali.
Suggested Read: 60 Spellbinding Bali Tourist Attractions To Visit In 2022
Waterbom Bali is the place where you can enjoy an ultimate refreshing day out with family and friends as it happens to be one of the exciting things to do in Bali for groups. The place features numerous waterslides, rides, and playful games. This water park is located in proximity to Discovery Kartika Plaza and Discovery Shopping Mall in South Kuta. It features 17 exciting slides and water games that proves to be the best adventure for all ages. Established in the year of 1991, the park covers the 3.8 hectares of great tropical gardens, pools, and restaurants. Location: Jalan Kartika Plaza Tuban, Kabupaten Badung, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia Timings: 9 am–6 pm Cost: IDR 40,000 Ideal For: Best for families with kids. Best Time to Visit: The best time to visit Waterbom is from past 11 a.m to late evening, which are also the hours this place is most popularly visited. How To Reach: The Waterbom Bali address is Jl. Kartika Plaza Tuban, Kuta, Kabupaten Badung, Bali. Taking a Kura-Kura bus is the best answer to the most common question amongst the tourists- how to reach Waterbom Bali. There are 3 lines on which this shuttle bus operates. The Line 1 and Line 2 can take the tourists directly to the Waterbom Bus Stop, while the Line 3 bus travels around Kuta, Seminyak, and Legian. Nearby Attractions: Kartika Street, Splash Waterpark Bali Nearby Hotels: Bali Garden Beach Resort, The Anvaya Beach Resort Bali Nearby Restaurants: Bamboo Bar & Grill Restaurant, Warung Damar Tips: Exploring Waterbom is one of the best things to do in Bali on weekends with your family and friends. In Frame:
- Then having a splash party at the famous Waterbom water and theme park is one of the best things to do in Bali for families traveling with kids.
- More than seventeen water slides, boogie boards, cannons, a tropical expanse of land, multicuisine restaurants, and much more awaits your next trip to Bali.
- With a collection of eating outlets and a dip up bar for tropical beverages, Waterbom Bali is the one-stop relaxation capital of Bali.
Suggested Read: 10 Most Charming Places To Visit In Yogyakarta On Your Indonesian Vacation
15. River Rafting in Ayung River
If you want to experience one of the best adventures and have already gotten the swing package to get started, rafting is the next thing you want to try that is offered together with the swing package. The 2-hours sporting event at Ayung River’s coastline is the perfect way to explore the nearby natural attractions, join in the thrill of enthusiastic rafters, and feel the waves of river rafting challenge the wild spirit in you. Location: Sanur, Bali, Indonesia Timings: 9 am–6 pm Cost: IDR 4,89,755 per person Ideal For: Large groups or friends Best time to visit: The best time to visit Ayung River for river-rafting is from late-morning to midday hours as the rafting clubs only operate during this time. While post-sundown activities are rare, river rafting is one of the best things to do in Bali during the day. How To Reach: The Ayung river is located in Kedewatan, which is approximately 20 minutes from Ubud and a 2-4 drive from Seminyak or Bali’s central station. Nearby Attractions: Sungai Telaga Waja, Mount Batur Nearby Hotels: The Village Home, Villa Tangtu Beach Inn Nearby Restaurants: Angkringan Mamak Naga, Freskia Sophia ( FRESSO) Tips: This place is a perfect place for flexing your rafting skills or learning them if you are an enthusiast. In Frame:
- The river is full of white water rafts and it certainly makes up for an exciting trip down the river.
- You will have the adventure and the time of your life while you water raft on the Ayung River. With so much to offer, it is no wonder why Sanur is among the best sites for amazing Bali activities.
- There are several training schools where you can sign up to learn and practice for various water sports and activities.
Suggested Read: 7 Most Haunted Places In Bali We Dare You To Explore In 2022!
16. Gitgit Waterfall Trek
Gitgit Waterfall is a hidden paradise in Bali. It is located between Denpasar and Singaraja. This waterfall is 35 meters high and is surrounded by dense vegetation. The fall forms a pool swimming in which is one of the top 20 activities in Bali for adventure lovers. But reaching this waterfall is an adventure in itself. You need to take a small hike through the forest and coffee plantations to get here. Location: Jl. Raya Bedugul – Singaraja, Gitgit, Kec. Sukasada, Kabupaten Buleleng, Bali 81161, Indonesia Timings: Open 24 hours Cost: IDR 1,00,000 Ideal For: Young couples and friends. Best time to visit: The best time to visit the Gitgit waterfall is early morning to late afternoon. How To Reach: The best way to reach Gitgit waterfall is by taking a public transport bus from any major bus station to Lovina and then take a 2-hour cab directly to the waterfall. Nearby Attractions: Banyumala Twin Waterfalls, Air terjun sekumpul Nearby Hotels: The Village Home, Shanti Natural Panorama View Hotel Nearby Restaurants: Sekumpul restaurant, Rumah Makan Taman Bali Tips: This place is also one of the best destinations for landscape photography or wedding photography that can turn out to be one of the amazing things to do in Bali as a couple. In Frame:
- Gitgit Waterfall is one of the well known places in Bali which is situated in Gitgit open country, Sukasada sub region and around 10 km from Singaraja Town or around 70 km from Denpasar.
- This place is a surviving landmark and icon of individuals’ battle activity against the Dutch colonization.
- This landmark is situated in Gitgit open country and Sukasada sub area and around 17 Km from Singaraja Town.
Suggested Read: 5 Fascinating Places To Visit Near Kebun Raya Bali In May 2022
17. Nusa Dua’s Luxury
When it comes to luxury then there is nothing better than Nusa Dua. Known to be the most expensive place in Bali this opulent enclave is where you will find many private beaches and pretty lawns. It’s the best place to relax and rejuvenate and be away from the bustling city and the crowd. Spending some me-time or quality time with your loved ones in Nusa Dua is one of the best adventures in Bali for friends, couples, family, and groups. Location: Nusa Dua, Southern Bali, Indonesia Timings: NA Cost: Entry to public beaches are free Ideal For: Friends and family Best time to visit: All-year round How To Reach: The nearest airport, Denpasar International Airport is 40 minutes away from Nusa Dua and it is located close to Kuta and Jimbaran and can be easily accessed by road from these places. Nearby Attractions: Nusa Dua Beach, Museum Pasifika Bali Nearby Hotels: The Crystal Luxury Bay Resort Nusa Dua, Awarta Nusa Dua Resort & Villas Nearby Restaurants: Mr. Bob Bar and Grill Nusa Dua, Raja Bali Nusa Dua Tips: This place is also one of the best destinations for shopping in Bali. In Frame:
- The shore is generally packed with local people and you’ll see food merchants strolling around the area with some of the most authentic flavours of Bali.
- Bukit Pandawa Golf and Country Club offers golf players in Bali an elite, 18-opening hitting the fairway experience over the arranged forms of Kutuh town’s limestone bluffs.
- The 90-minute world-class show will take you on a journey throughout Bali.
- Geger Temple is a historical and social stronghold amid the advanced five-star extravagance resorts that overwhelm the Nusa Dua seashore resort region.
- Enjoy a variety of cultural artefacts from Asian countries and the Pacific region that is presented in this museum.
- Mengiat is a greater amount of the elegant travelers’ decision; it’s a lot calmer and cleaner than the public sea shore.
Suggested Read: 3 Scenic Islands Near Pura Besakih Bali To Cover On A 2022 Backpacking Trip
18. Kuta’s Nightlife
If you are a party animal and wanna have some fun then Jalan Legian in Kuta is where you should be at. Known as the best place to enjoy the nightlife in Bali, this place is where you will find many bars, nightclubs, chilled-out cafes, and live music events. You can party till you drop and if you feel hungry then there are plenty of eateries here. Spending time at Kuta’s nightlife places is among the best things to do in Bali for a bachelors. Location: Kuta, Badung, Bali, Indonesia Timings: NA Cost: NA Ideal For: Adults and young couples Best time to visit: All-year round How To Reach: The region of Kuta is located at a distance of 4 kilometers from the airport and can be easily reached by taking a private cab from there. There are also local bus services that connect the Kuta main road to Ubdu and other major cities in Bali. Nearby Attractions: Paddy’s Pub, Bounty Discotheque Nearby Hotels: Bali Garden Beach Resort, Best Western Kuta Beach Nearby Restaurants: Boardwalk Restaurant Bali, Cafe Sardinia Tips: If you are looking for fun things to do in Bali at night, this is the place to be. In Frame:
- Kuta Beach in Bali, Indonesia, is undeniably one of the most visited beaches in the world with tourists from all over the world heading over to check out this long sandy beach.
- The hawkers also provide the service of drawing temporary tattoos at Kuta Beach. These are temporary tattoos that last for about a week.
- For those who want to learn how to surf, Kuta Beach is an ideal place. The waves are relatively small and safe for first-time surfers.
Suggested Read: 5 Quality Cafes In Kerobokan Bali That Are Perfect For The Gourmets
19. Unwind in Ubud
Also called the cultural heartland of Bali, exploring the length and breadth of Ubud is one of the best ways to enjoy sightseeing. Ubud is not just about rice fields and scenic landscapes but the place also has many art galleries and museums. So if you are an art fanatic we strongly recommend you to explore various things to do in Ubud and its places especially visit Neka Museum which offers you a glimpse into the evolution of art in the beautiful islands. Location: Gianyar, Bali, Indonesia Timings: NA Cost: NA Ideal For: Ubud welcomes all Best time to visit: All-year round How To Reach: The nearest airport is to reach Ubud is the Denspar Bali Airport. Many public transportation services provide services from the Denpasar Batubulan Terminal to reach Ubud. Taxis and car rentals are the two reasonable options. It takes an hour drive to reach Ubud Palace from Denpasar and Kuta, and 40 minutes from Mengwi. Nearby Attractions: Monkey Forest Road, Museum Puri Lukisan Nearby Hotels: Alaya Resort Ubud, Adiwana Monkey Forest Nearby Restaurants: Embers Restaurant, Wild Air Ubud Tips: Ubud is one of the most visited places in Bali and is a perfect destination for those who are looking forward to best things to do in Bali on honeymoon. In Frame:
- Located in the heart of the city, Ubud is a destination where Bali’s concentration of the arts market showcases all sorts of local products, ranging from vegetables, fruits to local handicrafts.
- Ubud Royal Palace, the official residence of the Ubud royal family is among the most famous attractions to explore in the city center.
- Ubud Market is located on the main street of Ubud. The market offers a wide variety of food, beverages, and local products.
Suggested Read: 6 Cafes Near Waterbom Bali That Serve The Delicious Balinese Food
20. Paddy Fields
Tabanan’s paddy fields make for a tourist site that one must visit on their trip to Bali. The eye-pleasing landscape at Tabanan will take your breath away. Watching the paddies under the sunlight will be an elevating experience for the tourists. Moreover, you’ll also get the opportunity to learn the traditional way of rice harvesting on the island which is one of the best things to do in Bali for first timers. Location: Bali, Regency Timings: NA Cost: NA Ideal For: Best for friends and family Best time to visit: All-year round How To Reach: The best way to reach Tegalalang Rice Terrace is by taking a bus or shuttle from Denpasar (3.5 hours) and from Ubud (2 hours). Nearby Attractions: Ubud Rice Field Villa, Tegalalang Rice Terrace Nearby Hotels: The Sankara Resort & Spa by Pramana, The Bali Dream Villa & Resort Echo Beach Canggu Nearby Restaurants: Paddy Point, Rice Paddy Cafe Tips: There are some restaurants where they also serve special rice paddy based dishes which is one of the essential experiences to enjoy in Bali. In Frame:
- Positioned in a valley, the Tegalalang rice terraces offer extremely scenic lookouts over the rice fields and surrounding lush green landscapes. It can be easily reached by road by a 20-minute drive north of Ubud.
- There are numerous art and craft shops located on the road to Tegalalang offer a large variety of unique carvings, paintings, accessories, Balinese curios, furniture and many other things.
- A busy traditional Balinese market, which offers various merchandise inside. Food, beverage and local products are offered at reasonable prices.
Suggested Read: 5 Things To Do Near Pura Besakih Bali To Relax And Rejuvenate At This Indonesian Town
21. Water Villas in Gili Islands
Located on secluded islands, water villas are gaining popularity these days as you remain socially distant while being surrounded by serene landscapes. Water Villas in Gili Islands are ideal for those looking for a luxurious escape away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Planning a stay at water villas in Gili Islands is the best of all romantic things to do in Bali. The Gili Islands comprises three small islands – Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno, and Gili Air. Located near the coast of Lombok Island, these islands are known for their scenic beauty featuring sandy beaches fringed with symmetrical palm trees. Location: Northwest coast of Lombok, Indonesia Timings: It is one of the most popular activities to enjoy on one’s honeymoon and welcomes visitors throughout the day. Cost: NA Ideal For: Best suitable for couples. Best time to visit: September to November How To Reach: The islands can be reached by boat or ferry from Bangsal to reach here Nearby Attractions: Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno, Gili Air Nearby Hotels: Absolute Villa, Pearl of Trawangan, Hotel Ombak Sunset Nearby Restaurants: Semasa Cafe, Martabak Gili Air, Simpang 3 Warung Tips: The south-eartesrn shoreline of Trawangan hosts enthralling night parties, whereas the northern and western coasts are quiet and isolated. Plan your stay accordingly. In Frame:
- The luxurious escapes of Gili Islands.
- Gili Trawangan, a tropical playground with lush green topography is amongst the best islands in Southeast Asia.
- Gili Meno is the most charming amongst the three islands and is ideal to plan a romantic getaway with your significant other.
- Gili Air, popularly known as a party island, is gaining popularity for its peaceful days and electrifying nights.
Suggested Read: 8 Best Hot Springs In Bali Where You Can Rejuvenate Your Soul
22. Campuhan Ridge Walk
Nestled in the tropical ambience of Warwick Ibah luxury villas and spa, a fine stay amidst the green surroundings of Bali, the Campuhan Ridge hiking trail is a mellow route that takes travellers to scenic mountain valleys. This is amongst the popular free things to do in Bali. Come for the countryside views of Ubud, stay for watching the sunset glimmer over rice fields and cobblestone streets that gives you a panoramic capture of the 12-kilometre circular route. Location: Kelusa, Payangan, Jl. Raya Campuhan, Sayan, Kecamatan Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia Timings: 24×7 Cost: No entry fee Ideal For: Best suitable for friends, and groups Best time to visit: Features spectacular views in early morning and late afternoon How To Reach: Located in the central highland town of Ubud, Campuhan Ridge Walk is well connected by road. Nearby Attractions: Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary, Tegalalang Rice Terrace, Goa Gajah Nearby Hotels: Hotel Tjampuhan, Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa, Adiwana Svarga Loka Nearby Restaurants: SAKA Graha Tea and Kopi Luwak, The Traveler, Bridges Bali Tips: Don’t forget to carry your mosquito repellent. In Frame:
- The walkway that will take you up and down a ridge along rice fields and palm trees.
- Perched on a cosy corner of the Bali Rice Terraces Villa, this café is a perfect stop-over location to unwind, sip on some exotic coffee, and serenade yourself with the views.
- This 8th century hidden gem is tucked behind the western end of the Jalan Raya Ubud main road, one of the best sightseeing routes that you can take on during your travels.
- The gateway to a scenic stroll through the Ubud village, the Tjampuhan Ridge walk navigates through lust green panoramas, and to a popular intersection near the River Oos.
Suggested Read: 3 Amazing Places To Explore On The Islands Near Tegalalang Rice Terraces Bali
23. Tegenungan Waterfall
The Tegenungan Waterfall is an astounding natural sight located near the Tegenungan Kemenuh village, in Gianyar, not very far from the Ubud village. Reaching this place requires a short walk or take from the central location, adding to the offbeat charm of this attraction. This is one of the best things to do in Bali with friends for a refreshing break.The freshwater can be swum in, and you can enjoy a small picnic or lunch near its edges for a meal with a view in summers. Location: Jl. Ir. Sutami, Kemenuh, Kec. Sukawati, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80581, Indonesia Timings: 6:30 am to 6:30 pm Cost: IDR 30,000 per person Ideal For: One of the best activities for adventure lovers Best time to visit: You can plan a visit when the sun half-rises, that’s 09.00 am or around 03.00 pm to capture the best sights of the place. How To Reach: You can use the local private transport in Ubud to reach here Nearby Attractions: Sanur, Semniyak, Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary Nearby Hotels: The Alena Resort, Parthi Puri Ubud, Sanctoo Suites, Kartika Dahayu Villa Nearby Restaurants: Warung Dewa Rama Tegenungan, Bumbu Asli International Warung, Pekandelan Warung Tips: The place gets crowded in the afternoon. If you wish to avoid crowds then visit the place early morning. In Frame:
- A sight of Tegenungan Waterfall
- The Tegenungan Waterfall Swing, also popularly known as Air Terjun Tegenungan is a picturesque location near the village of Kemenuh, an attraction that also claims to be the most-visited by tourists all-round the year in Bali.
- If there is anything that adds to the outdoorsy greatness of Bali, it is the Tegenungan Waterfall jump, a free-fall experience that is the epitome of adventure you can experience in the country.
- Kemenuh Butterfly Park is a sanctuary of flower gardens bustling with vivid flora and fauna where you can discover the Lepidopteran species, an order of butterflies and moths that are spectacular to observe.
Suggested Read: 3 Astonishing Places To Visit Near Ayung River Rafting Bali In September
24. Water Sports in Sanur
The coastline of Sanur spans some 8km from north to south, between the coastal border of the Gianyar regency and the mangrove forest in southern Denpasar. Along this distance end to end, you will be able to enjoy several notable beaches, despite the whole being referred to as ‘Sanur Beach’. If you and your partner like indulging in daring expeditions then this is certainly one of the most exciting activities to be added to your honeymoon in Bali. Location: East of Denpasar in southeast Bali Timings: 24×7 Cost: NA Ideal For: Suitable for friends, young couples, and adults Best time to visit: This is also one of the best things to do in Bali as a couple and offers the most experiences between October to March How To Reach: It takes 30 minutes drive from Kuta or Legian, about 45 minutes from Seminyak or Ubud and 15 minutes from Downtown Denpasar to reach Sanur. Nearby Attractions: Mertasari Beach, Serangan Island, Museum Le Mayeur Nearby Hotels: Prama Sanur Beach Hotel, Kamuela Villas & Suites Sanur, Villa Puri Ayu, Puri Santrian Nearby Restaurants: Titie’s Warung, Red Manna, Lilla Pantai Tips: Sanur is ideal to plan a relaxing getaway and the beachside town is best to be explored during winter. In Frame:
- Water sports adventure at Sanur.
- A great activity for anyone who wishes to enjoy Bali’s depths teeming with tropical marine life, the Bali Seawalker provides a safe and fun time out for families. It requires no prior training in using the equipment provided, so it is very easy for those who cannot swim or have no confidence in the water.
- Le Mayeur Museum is a secret fortune found right on the principle Sanur Beach of Sindhum behind the variety of workmanship and keepsake slows down.
- For those keen on Bali’s set of experiences, Blanjong Temple, or Pura Blanjong, in the namesake sub-town region inside the Intaran town on Sanur’s south, houses one of Bali’s most seasoned known relics as a stone column with Sanskrit engravings.
Suggested Read: Abhishek And Monika’s Trip To Bali In November For Honeymoon Was All They Hoped For
25. Pura Tirta Empul
Tirta Empul temple is a Hindu Balinese water temple nestled in the village of Manukaya. The temple compound consists of a petirtaan or bathing structure, famous for its holy spring water, where Balinese Hindus go for ritual purification and cultural ceremonies. Tirta Empul, meaning ‘holy water spring’ is the name of a water source located within the temple. The spring feeds various purification baths, pools and fish ponds surrounding the outer perimeter, which all flow to the Tukad Pakerisan River. Location: Jl. Tirta, Manukaya, Tampaksiring, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80552, Indonesia Timings: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm Cost: IDR 50,000 (adult) and IDR 25,000 (kids) Ideal For: Families and kids Best time to visit: Being a popular temple, it is one of the interesting things to do in Bali for older couples and the premises get crowded by afternoon. It would be a comfortable experience if you visit the attractions in the morning. How To Reach: The temple is well-connected by road and can be easily reached by a public shuttle or taxi. Nearby Attractions: Pura Pegulingan, Tampak Siring Palace, Mount Kawi Nearby Hotels: Pondok Sebatu Villa, Umah Hoshi, Puri Gangga Resort Ubud Nearby Restaurants: Warung Sripadi, Pangkon Bali Resto & Agrotourism, RM Salero Bagindo Tips: You will need to put on a sarong before entering the temple. You can rent it for a small donation at the entrance to the temple. In Frame:
- A view of Pura Tirta Empul
- One of the most popular world heritage sites of the ancient temple, this place is surrounded by beautiful rice paddy around which makes it perfect for a nature-guided picnic.
- The Tampaksiring Palace is a colonial-era presidential palace situated in the Gianyar Regency. Associated with a deep-rooted history of the place and applauded for its grand architecture, this attraction is a must on your list.
- Mount Kawi is a massive volcano near Malang in East Java, Indonesia, an extraordinary sight of nature taking its course that you mustn’t miss in Bali.
Suggested Read: 4 Fantastic Things To Do Near Sukawati Art Market, Bali For An Enticing Vacay In 2022!
26. Pura Gunung Kawi
Also regionally popular as the Pura Gunung Kawi, this attraction is an 11th-century temple and one of Bali’s most unique archaeological sites. The structure comprises ancient shrine reliefs that are essentially carved on a rock cliff. The main site overlooks the sacred Pakerisan River, which also flows by the Tirta Empul Temple a kilometre up north. The temple remains crowded and welcomes tourist buses throughout the day as it is one of the best things to do in Bali with a large group . Location: Sungai Pakerisan, Dusun Penaka, Tampaksiring, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80552, Indonesia Timings: Visiting the temple is amongst the popular things to do in Bali for groups and opens for mass entry from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm Cost: IDR 30,000 (adult) and IDR 15,000 (child) Ideal For: One of the best things to do in Bali with friends. Best time to visit: 8:30 am to 10:30 am is the best time as the temple experiences quite less visitors in the mornings. How To Reach: The temple is well-connected by road and can be easily reached by a public shuttle or taxi. Nearby Attractions: Tegalalang Rice Terrace, Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary, Tirta Empul Temple Nearby Hotels: Kawi Resort A Pramana Experience, Puri Gangga Resort Ubud, Tangkas House, Pondok Sebatu Villa Nearby Restaurants: The Mango Tree Cafe, Waroeng Podjok, Green Carik, Kojin – Japanese Teppanyaki Restaurant Tips: If the ticket booth is closed and the temple is open, you can pay for the ticket later while leaving the temple. In Frame:
- The 11th-century temple of Pura Gunung Kawi.
- Explore the exquisite route to Pura Gunung Kawi. It takes 20 minutes to walk from the entry point to reach the main temple.
- Attend regular ceremonies at the temple and get a chance to know local culture and customs.
- Take a nearby walking trail and explore the surrounding area. The forest around Pura Gunung Kawi is home to numerous waterfalls.
Suggested Read: 5 Amazing Things To Do Near Pura Luhur Uluwatu For A Fun-Filled Trip To Bali
27. Shop at Celuk
If you are a shopaholic then Celuk village is undoubtedly the best place to visit in Bali. The village displays outstanding craftsmanship and offers traditional Balinese earrings, trinkets, brooches, and other ornaments made of silver and gold. There are numerous shops lined up in the village where you can check out items made by local artisans. Prices are generally high for tourists and you can use your bargaining skills before grabbing your favorite item back home. If you wish to bring a smile on your partner’s face then it is certainly amongst the most interactive things to do on honeymoon in Bali. Location: Southwest of the Sukawati District, Bali, Indonesia Timings: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Cost: IDR 80,000 per person Ideal For: One of the best things to do in Bali with family. Best time to visit: April to August, as the natural ambiance of Celuk flourishes during this time. As this is one of the best things to do in Bali for adults , you can go for an evening stroll and enjoy shopping How To Reach: The place is well-connected by road and you need to hire a car to reach here. There are no direct buses to Celuk. Nearby Attractions: Puseh Batuan Temple, Satria Coffee Plantation, Pura Dalem Bentuyung Temple, Big Garden Corner Nearby Hotels: Sanctoo Suites & Villas, The Royal Purnama, Freddies Villas Ubud Bali Nearby Restaurants: The Mango Tree Cafe, Simpang Gading Lawar Celuk, Katin Koe, Warung Tepi Sungai Tips: If you wish to buy traditional items at an affordable price then visit the shops with smaller setups where you can interact with artisans and get the product optimised. In Frame:
- A glimpse from the local market at Celuk.
- Meet local craftsmen indulged in their daily chore. You can also get customized and tailored accessories from Celuk village local market.
- Attend Barong dance performances at Celuk Village. Barong is a traditional dance form of Bali which is based on Ramayana.
- Gamelan is a traditional musical instrument of Bali and is known for its mystic sound. Get a chance to try your hands on the instrument at Celuk Village.
Suggested Read: Visiting Bali In May 2022: A Guide To Festivals, Places To Visit, And More
28. Candidasa Cruise
Candidasa is the seaside town of eastern Bali that features spectacular sights of the blooming lotuses. The black sand beaches and aromatic aura of the place are worth exploring on a Bali vacation. Candidasa hosts numerous cruise tours to nearby islands. This is one of the most romantic things to do in the eastern Bali and you can also add water sports activities such as snorkeling, scuba diving, etc. to your cruising experience. Location: Seaside town on the eastern coast of Bali Timings: 7:00 am to 7:00 pm Cost: IDR 80,000 onwards Ideal For: One of the best experiences for young couples. Best time to visit: Being one of the popular things to do in Bali for friends , it remains crowded in January, February, March, November and December. How To Reach: Candidasa is 60 to 80 minutes from Sanur, and can also be easily reached from Ubud by road. Nearby Attractions: Besakih Temple, Tirta Gangga Nearby Hotels: Sagara Candidasa, Candi Beach Resort and Spa, Bali Palms Resort Nearby Restaurants: Lezat Beach Restaurant, Vincent’s, Crazy Kangaroo Tips: Book your cruise trip in advance, as it’s difficult to get last minute booking here. In Frame:
- Panoramic view of Candidasa Beach in Bali.
- Lotus ponds in Candidasa is a delightful escape for nature lovers. There are numerous secluded sites here, making it ideal for photoshoots and videography. The place is also known for featuring watergarden hotels.
- Indulge in exclusive activities such as feeding fishes, visiting observatories etc.
- Snorkeling is amongst the most popular adventures in Candidasa. Go for snorkeling and witness the vibrant marine life of Bali.
Suggested Read: Bali In April: A Guide To Spend An Awesome Summer Vacation
29. Dolphin watching at Lovina
Lovina Beach is a mix of more modest sea shores crossing a few neighborhood towns between two regions in the North Bali regime of Buleleng. The beach is an incredible option in contrast to the exceptionally famous (and frequently jam-packed sea shores of Bali’s south, any semblance of Kuta, Legian and Seminyak. Lovina beach is world famous for its exclusive experiences of dolphin watching. Take a tour and get a chance to capture the playful scenes of dolphins in the ocean. This is one of the exquisite activities to indulge in winter. Location: Resort area on the north coast of Bali, Indonesia Timings: 24×7 Cost: IDR 50,000 onwards Ideal For: One of the best activities for friends, families, kids, and groups Best time to visit: Plan a visit during perfect weather conditions, that’s between July–August and December. As it is one of the exciting things to do on honeymoon in Bali How To Reach: Lovina Beach can be reached from Kuta in about 3 hrs and from Sanur slightly less. If you are traveling from Ubud then it will take nearly a 2 hour car journey to reach here. Nearby Attractions: Banjar Hot Springs, Brahmavihara Arama Buddhist Monastery, Sing Sing Waterfall Nearby Hotels: The Lovina Bali Resort, Frangipani Beach Hotel, Lovina Beach Hotel Nearby Restaurants: Warung Nemo Lovina, Sea Breeze Lovina, Spice Beach Bar Tips: Make sure that you behave properly when dolphins are around to avoid a mishappening. In Frame:
- Tourists watching dolphins on an expedition from Lovina Beach.
- Enjoy mesmerizing sunsets from Lovina Beach. The black sand beaches of Lovina are gorgeous and can be explored on foot at a leisurely pace.
- Take a sightseeing tour of Lovina Beach and explore the true vibe of the place. Dolphin statue is amongst the popular attractions in the village.
- Lovina Beach is a delightful escape for those on a leisure vacay. The tranquil and relaxed environment of the region is unmatchable.
Suggested Read: 12 Best Restaurants In Uluwatu Bali For A Scrumptious Getaway In 2022!
30. Besakih Temple
Pura Besakih is the largest and most significant Hindu temple in the country of Bali. Home to a Pura complex, this 15th-century symbol of Balinese architecture is one in a series of many temples. The best part about visiting Pura Besakih is the fact that at least 70 festivals are held annually in its vicinity and if lucky, you can observe a sacred Balinese tradition during your travels. Visit Besakih Temple is one of the famous cultural things to do in Bali Location: Jl. Gunung Mas No.Ds, Besakih, Rendang, Kabupaten Karangasem, Bali 80863, Indonesia Timings: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm Cost: IDR 80,000 (adult) and IDR 40,000 (child) Ideal For: One of the best things to do in Bali with family. Best time to visit: Being the best place to visit with family you can either visit early morning or later in the evening as the complex tends to be less busy during these hours. How To Reach: The temple is well-connected by road and can be easily reached by public shuttle or taxi. Nearby Attractions: Mount Agung, Mount Batur, Taman Edelweis Bali Nearby Hotels: Puri Karang Besakih, Sweet Escape, Besakih Homestay Nearby Restaurants: Warung Satya Bali Besakih, Mini Boga, Warung Putu Sulin Tips: Arrive early to beat the crowd. In Frame:
- An image of Besakih Temple in Bali.
- Pura Penataran Agung Lempuyang is a Balinese Hindu temple or pura located in the slope of Mount Lempuyang in Karangasem, Bali. The religious site is considered as part of a complex of Pura surrounding Mount Lempuyang and is also one of the highly regarded temples of Bali.
- The Gates of Heaven are part of the Pura Penataran Agung Lempuyang temple. The temple, actually composed of multiple smaller temples in the same larger property, is the highest one in all of Bali.
- Tirta Gangga is a former royal palace in eastern Bali, Indonesia, about 5 kilometres from Karangasem, near Abang.
- Mount Agung or Gunung Agung is a volcano in Bali, Indonesia, southeast of Mt Batur volcano, also in Bali and is also the highest point in Bali.
Suggested Read: 10 Amazing Night Markets In Bali In 2022 For The Shopaholic Inside You
31. Dreamland Beach
Located nearly 26 minutes from Uluwatu Temple, Dreamland Beach is an enticing beach having white sand and crystal clear water. The beach is locally known as Balangan Beach. The beach is world famous for its dangerous shorebreak which brings surfers from across the globe to this impeccable place. Dreamland Beach is home to numerous budget accommodations and cafes. Spending leisurely hours by Dreamland Beach is amongst the romantic things to do in Bali Location: Ungasan Village, South Kuta District, Badung Regency and Bali province – Indonesia Timings: 24×7 Cost: IDR 15,000 per person Ideal For: One of the most exciting activities to indulge in with friends Best time to visit: Throughout the year How To Reach: Dreamland Beach is well-connected by road and it takes nearly 45 minutes from Bali Airport to reach here Nearby Attractions: Bingin Beach, Uluwatu Temple, Balangan Beach Nearby Hotels: Klapa Resort, Wyndham Dreamland Resort Bali, Sal Secret Spot Nearby Restaurants: El Kabron Bali, Kelly’s Warung, Klapa New Kuta Beach Tips: Parasols and deck chairs are available for rent at the beach, and you can choose to rent them. In Frame:
- A dream-like view of Dreamland Beach in Bali.
- Surfing is one of the most popular water sports in Dreamland Beach. It is a paradise for surfers, indulge in the sport if you know one or just catch the daring sights while relaxing by the beach.
- Get yourself pampered with the numerous services offered at the beach.
- Dreamland Beach is surrounded by numerous caves. You can take a walk to these caves and explore their exquisite structures. Make sure that you are accompanied by a guide.
Suggested Read: Seychelles Vs Bali: Two Destinations With Power-Packed Locales
32. Cliff jumping at Mahana Point
Mahana Point in Nusa Islands has a reputation for offering enthralling cliff jumping experiences. It is the best jump spot on the island and an awesome place to hang out with friends and loved ones. Mahana Point features a rocky outcrop that hangs over the ocean, making it ideal for jumps. This is amongst the amazing things to do in Bali for bachelors and there are 10m and 5m diving boards along with a ladder to climb. Location: Lembongan, Nusapenida, Klungkung Regency, Bali 80771, Indonesia Timings: 7:00 am to 9:30 pm Cost: IDR 25,000 for a 5m jump and IDR 50,000 for a 10m jump Ideal For: One of the best things to do in Bali with friends. Best time to visit: Best to be experienced during sunsets How To Reach: About a 15 minutes drive from the main street in Nusa Lembongan Nearby Attractions: Secret Point Beach, Blue Lagoon Nusa Ceningan Nearby Hotels: Blue Lagoon Avia Villas, Secret Point Huts, Twilight Lembongan, Blue Lagoon Secret Villas Nearby Restaurants: Chill and Grill Italian Resto and Cafe, Blue Lagoon Resto, Yuyu Resto Ceningan Tips: It’s best to time your jump after a set of waves. In Frame:
- An aerial view of Mahana Point.
- Manta Point in Nusa Penida offers a rare opportunity to swim with Manta Rays, These majestic creatures are intelligent, and have brains larger than any other fish.
- Relax in the natural infinity pool of Angel’s Billabong at Nusa Penida. It is made from a stream of flowing water from the larger source.
- Take the yellow hanging bridge that takes you to Nusa Ceningan. The bridge offers spectacular views on both the sides.
Suggested Read: Canyoning In Bali: 5 Adventurous Spots For An Enthralling Vacay In 2022
33. Snorkel in Amed
Snorkeling in Amed is one such expedition that will enthrall you. Located in the northeast of Bali, Amed is a flawless destination for a leisurely break. Amed features the 14 km long coastline that comprises seven villages. The place boasts numerous cultural and water activities, out of which snorkeling is the most popular thing to do here. Vibrant marine life and clear water make Amed one of the best snorkeling spots in Bali. Location: Karangasem Regency on the east coast of Bali, Indonesia Timings: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Cost: IDR 1,50,000 for a dive Ideal For: One of the best activities to enjoy friends. Best time to visit: This is one of the best things to do in Bali during summer and offers best experiences between April to September How To Reach: The quickest way to reach Amed is via boat or ferry from Gili Islands. It takes a drive of around 3 hours by road from Kuta to reach here Nearby Attractions: Mount Agung, Tirta Gangga Water Palace, Jemeluk Bay Nearby Hotels: Palm Garden Amed Beach and Spa Resort, Tradisi BeachFront Villas, Valomia Beach Front Nearby Restaurants: Warung Agung Amed, Ibus Sea View Warung, Di Lipah Warung Tips: Start snorkeling in front of Good Karma Bungalows and follow the slope. It will take you to a rich coal garden with abundant sea life around. In Frame:
- An aerial shot of Amed
- Coral reef with trigger fish and other tropical fishes
- Explore the shipwrecks on your snorkeling session in Amed
Suggested Read: Beyond Bali: 21 Places To Visit In Indonesia For Honeymoon In 2022
34. Chocolate Factory
Pod Chocolate Factory in Bali is the world’s first plant-based Chocolate factory, and an establishment that has been creating delectable artisanal chocolates since 2010 cannot be missing from your itinerary. When everything is made from locally grown cocoa pods, you must indulge in tasting the offerings, a tour of the factory, and shopping for your favourites to bring back home. Going for a chocolate factory tour is one of the top 20 places to take your children. Location: Jl. Denpasar-Singaraja No.29, Werdi Bhuwana, Kec. Mengwi, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80351, Indonesia Timings: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Cost: IDR 95,000 per person Ideal For: One of the best things to do in Bali with kids Best time to visit: Throughout the year How To Reach: Located in Denpasar, the site is well-connected by road and can be easily reached by bus or taxi Nearby Attractions: Tegalalang Rice Terrace, Bali Elephant Camp, Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary Nearby Hotels: Nandini Jungle Resort and Spa, Song Broek Jungle Resort, Daun Lebar Villas Nearby Restaurants: The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, Star Chicken Shop Tips: Do visit Elephant Camp located in the vicinity on your visit to Pod Chocolate Factory. In Frame:
- An inside view of Pod Chocolate Factory.
- The process of chocolate making and ongoing tasting session at the Chocolate Factory Bali.
- Take a detour off the touristy paths and bask in the essence of Balinese countryside charm with a quad bike tour that’ll take you beyond the metropolis. Often combined with the swing packages, you can also enjoy this experience by itself or as a part of other sightseeing activities.
- Nestled amidst the jungles and rice paddies, the park offers a unique experience, including trekking with the elephants (possibly riding on them) and learning about their lives. Native to Sumatra, and brought to Bali as a part of a government program to establish a protected remote population, getting closer to this charming species will surely become an unforgettable part of your journey.
Suggested Read: Indulge In These 10 Bali Hiking Tour Experiences To Seek Its Hidden Charm In 2022
35. Celebrate Nyepi
Nyepi is a prominent Hindu festival celebrated in Bali. It is observed as a Balinese ‘Day of Silence’ and commemorated on Saka New Year, that is, every Isakawarsa. This year the festival falls on March 14. It is believed to be the day of silence, fasting, and meditation for the Balinese. Be a part of this celebration if you are visiting Bali during the time of festival. This is one of the most vibrant and cultural things to do in Bali. Location: Throughout Bali Timings: Complete day on 14 March 2022 Cost: NA Ideal For: One of the best experiences for adults. Best time to visit: During Saka New Year, usually it occurs in the month of March. Attending Nyepi festival is amongst the best cultural things to do in Bali How To Reach: NA Nearby Attractions: NA Nearby Hotels: NA Nearby Restaurants: NA Tips: Visit prominent temples and religious centres to capture the vibe of the festival. In Frame:
- Nyepi celebrations and procession.
- Attend Melasti, the purification ceremony ritual observed across Bali on Saka New Year.
- Visit Pulasari Temple in Bangli and witness unique Odalan rituals.
- Attend local processions
Suggested Read: Flyboarding In Bali: Amp Up The Level Of Fun By Opting For This Activity In 2022
36. Swimming in Lake Toba
Located over the earth’s largest caldera, Lake Toba has a volcanic origin and it is situated on an island that is itself inside a lake. It is estimated to have been formed around 70,000 years ago. Since this lake offers so many exciting activities like swimming, boating, and more, it is one of the best Bali attractions to visit with your friends and family. One must, however, make sure to wear warm clothing to this place as it tends to get a little cold here. Location: North Sumatra, Indonesia Cost: NA Timings: NA Ideal For: All travellers Best time to visit: The best time to visit Lake Toba is between August to September when you can also enjoy amazing things to do in bali in spring season. How To Reach: The best way to reach Lake Toba by is by taking a train/drive to Medan from where it can be reached in under 6 hours by public buses that follow two routes: Medan-Parapat or via Medan-Berastagi. Nearby Attractions: Air Terjun Sipiso Piso, Mount Toba Nearby Hotels: Taman Simalem Resort, Tabo Cottages Nearby Restaurants: Matahari Guesthouse & Restaurant, Jenny’s Restaurant Tips: The restaurants here serve some of the most authentic Balinese seafood in the region. In Frame:
- It is an incredible laid back spot to relax for a couple of days after enjoying their time adventuring and sightseeing all around Bali.
- The area is extremely mainstream with Chinese travelers around Chinese New Year, when accessibility drops drastically and convenience costs soar.
- A few harbors in the area have continuous ferry connections with Samosir island. The most popular is the Parapat – Tomok course.
Suggested Read: 32 Exotic Places To Visit In Bali For Honeymoon In 2022
37. Caving at Uluwatu Beach
Uluwatu Beach is one of the most popular beaches in Bali. The beautiful rocky landscape of the beach will leave you spellbound. Though it is a well-known place, there is a hidden spot at the beach that many are unaware of. The Uluwatu Beach Cave gives you shaded space at the beach. This cave features a striking dragon-like rock formation. Spending some quality time at this cave is one of the best things to do in Bali for a honeymoon. If you are looking for things to do in bali this weekend, this is what you should start with. Location: Pecatu, South Kuta, Badung Regency, Bali 80361, Indonesia Timings: NA Cost: Free Ideal For: Especially for friends Best time to visit: The best time to visit Uluwatu beach for caving is from early morning to midday. It is also one of the best things to do in Bali during summer. How To Reach: The beach can be reached by local transport or Taximeters. First, make your way towards the Jalan Tanjung Rhu Road and then follow the diversion route which takes them to the beach. Nearby Attractions: Thomas Beach, Suluban Beach Nearby Hotels: Taman Simalem Resort, Tabo Cottages Nearby Restaurants: El Merkat Bali, Pasta Pasti Restaurant & Bar Tips: This region is a popular beach getaway and you can enjoy some of the best water sports in the region during your stay. In Frame:
- Suluban Uluwatu Beach is famous for surfing in Uluwatu. It takes nearly 4 minutes by car from the Uluwatu Temple area to reach here.
- Uluwatu Temple, also known as Pura Luhur Uluwatu is one of the six key temples that are Bali’s spiritual pillars. Perched on top of a cliff approximately 70 meters above sea level, the temple is renowned for its magnificent location.
- Thousands of monkeys live around the Uluwatu temple and one can have a chance to get closer or interact with these tourist friendly creatures when visiting the temple.
Suggested Read: 9 Stunning Must-Visit Markets In Uluwatu Bali In 2022 For Shopaholics
38. Shop at Pasar Badung
Shopping together is an underrated aspect of a honeymoon. Whereas it is among the most interesting opportunities for getting to know each other and their interest. Bali has several day and night markets exploring which is one of the great things to do in Bali at night. Pasar Badung is a popular market on the banks of the Badung River in Denpasar. If you are looking for cultural things to do in Bali, shopping here will open up endless opportunities to discover Balinese culture. Location: Dangin Puri Kangin, Jl. Sulawesi No.1, Dauh Puri Kangin, Kec. Denpasar Bar., Kota Denpasar, Bali 80233, Indonesia Timings: Open 24 hours Cost: NA Best time to visit: Being one of the most popular things to do in Bali in spring season, visiting this place between early morning and evening is ideal. Ideal For: One of the best things to do in Bali with family. How To Reach:The beach lies at the end of Kota Denpasar and can be easily accessed by hotel shuttle, taxi or motorbike. This place is located at a distance of 11.1 kilometres from the airport. Nearby Attractions: Art Market Kumbasari, Pasar Badung Baru Nearby Hotels: Inna Bali Heritage, Grand Mirah Boutique Hotel Nearby Restaurants: Hong Kong Garden, International Restaurant Hong Kong Tips: If you want to do some souvenir hunting before flying back home, this is the place to be. It is also one of the budget things to do in Bali. In Frame:
- Art Market Kumbasari is one of the biggest in Denpasar. This conventional market is open for 24 hours and sells some of the most traditional artifacts that you would love to discover.
- Kreneng Market is one of the most well-known markets for the Balikpapan community, especially Denpasar City residents.
- Kumbasari Park is one of the vacation destinations in the city that has been styled and developed by the Government of Denpasar to attract tourist families.
Suggested Read: 10 Impeccable Restaurants Near Tegalalang Rice Terraces Bali For Your Vacay In 2022
39. Wood Handicraft at Mas
Mas is a village in Bali, near Ubud. It is popular for wood carving art. One of the very interesting things to do in Bali is exploring this village. You get to watch craftsmen creating intricate art pieces in the local market. You can buy a variety of wood products as souvenirs, gifts, or as home decorative pieces and enjoy some great summer weekends.. It is also one of the best free things to do in Bali. Location: Ubud, Gianyar, Bali, Indonesia Timings: NA Cost: NA Best time to visit: This village is open all year round but if you ask around, visiting this place is one of the best things to do in Bali during summer between the months of April to September. Ideal For: One of the best things to do in Bali with family. How To Reach: The Mas Village in Bali is located in the south of Ubud which can be easily reached by taking a local bus to Ubud central station and walking from there. Nearby Attractions: Batubulan, Batuan Nearby Hotels:Parthi Puri Ubud Bed & Breakfast, The Sankara Resort & Spa by Pramana Nearby Restaurants: Warung Rama, Trattoria Ubud Tips: This place is one of the most popular offbeat villages in Bali where you can buy wood handicrafts for souvenirs. Visiting this place is also one of the best cultural things to do in Bali. In Frame:
- Nyuh Kuning is a lovely town next to the southern boundary of the Sacred Monkey Forest and has various notable bistros, cafés (WAMM, Sage, Bali Bohemia and so forth.
- Pura Taman Pule is the name of Hindu Temple situated at Mas Village around 6 km south Ubud. The Holy sanctuary commemorates each Kuningan Day in Balinese Calendar.
- An extraordinary opportunity to see the excellent Balinese moving alongside their music and the superb, splendid garments that they wear. Find out about the narrative of the Balinese and after you can stroll around and see the wonderful tremendous models and the sanctuaries.
Suggested Read: 43 Best Private Pool Villas In Bali For 2022: Classiest Abodes For Luxury & Romance
40. Bali Beaches
Surfing is one of the best adventurous water sports and is a mind-blowing experience. Yes, Bali is not only peaceful and serene but is popular for adventure. On one hand, its beauty never gets tried by calming people, on the other, it gives its tourists one of the best water spots ever. It is among the best things to do in Ubud and Kuta for both beginners and experienced surfers. Beach-hopping is also one of the best things to do in bali for groups. Location: Multiple locations Timings: NA Cost: NA Best time to visit: Being one of the best things to do on a budget, you can visit these beaches all year round from sunrise to sunset. Ideal For: One of the best things to do in Bali with friends. How To Reach: There are countless beaches in Bali and the best way to reach them is by taking the local bus that stops along coastlines or directly driving yourself or hiring a cab to get to your destination. Nearby Attractions: Pasir Butih Beach, Green Bowl Beach Nearby Hotels: Grand Inna Bali Beach, Prama Sanur Beach Hotel Bali Nearby Restaurants: BBC Beach Bali Cafe, Azul Beach Club Bali Tips: If you are looking for a long vacation getaway where you can enjoy leisure time on the beach, read, indulge in tropical food and try some adventure sports, these beaches in Bali are some of your best options to consider. It is also one of the most fun things to do in Bali on weekends. In Frame:
- The detached bank of Pasir Putih Beach extends between two slopes between the towns of Bugbug and Perasi, both situated in the Karangasem regime and roughly 4.5km east of the fundamental center point of Candidasa.
- Green Bowl Beach is one of Bali’s most isolated seashores, a little 30m waterfront strip with coarse white sand, found roughly 75 meters down many strides under a verdant bluff in the town of Ungasan.
- Yeh Leh sea shore stays offbeat as a place of interest in Bali. The way that very few individuals visit this seashore has made it novel and tranquil. Yeh Leh seashore is situated in Jembrana, simply off the Denpasar-Gilimanuk thruway, Yeh Leh isn’t designed with delicate white sand like your optimal seashore.
Suggested Read: Bali In January: A Guide For Those Planning A Trip At The Beginning Of 2022
41. Sidemen Valley Trek
This place is one of the best nature retreats in Bali. This place is set amidst the peaceful atmosphere and brings you quite closer to nature and adventure. The lush green fields and breathtaking mountainous backdrop make this an ideal place to spend some quality time solo or in a group. You can even visit this place to go trekking in the nearby regions and is one of the best things to do in Bali with friends. Location: Karangasem Regency, Bali, Indonesia Cost: N/A Ideal For: One of the best things to do in Bali with friends Best time to visit: The best time to visit this place is between the months of May and October How To Reach: The best way to visit the Sidemen Valley is by taking the local bus that dedicates for a route along the coastline beaches and then trekking to the top viewpoint. Being one of the budget things to do in Bali, it won’t cost you much to get to this trek. Nearby Attractions: Jembatan Kuning Tukad Yeh Unda, Hardys Malls Nusa Dua Nearby Hotels: Abian Ayu Villa, Sawah Indah Villa Nearby Restaurants: Warung Tirta Unda, Warung Ume Anyar Tips: This is one of the most offbeat places you can visit in Bali with a popular coastline and trekking attraction that is worthy of experiencing. If you are looking for things to do in Bali in autumn, this is the perfect activity. In Frame:
- Sidemen Valley is situated in the Karangasem regime in East Bali. You can discover numerous vacation spots here like Mount Agung, the most noteworthy mountain in Bali, Telaga Waja stream where you can go water boating in East Bali, the beguiling sea shore town of Candidasa, and the old town of Tenganan – quite possibly the most exceptional towns in Bali.
- Sidemen Valley is one of Bali’s mysterious spots where you’ll discover many secret escapes but it is also not very crowded so you can enjoy a peaceful getaway.
- Other than dazzling rice fields and agrarian harvests, you’ll additionally discover here bright business sectors, customary weaving methods and a feeling of local area and family that we haven’t discovered somewhere else.
Suggested Read: 8 Most Intriguing Things To Do In Bali In October That’ll Make Your Vacation
42. Sukawati’s Hidden Waterfall
If Bali has pristine beaches, then it also has some mesmerizing waterfalls, and the best ones lie hidden. The best example of the same is Sekumpul Waterfall in Sukawati. Nestled amidst a lush valley and considered sacred, this place is magical and blooming with adventure. Trekking on a secluded path is what you would need to do to reach this waterfall. It is among the most exciting adventure in Bali for young couples. Location: Gianyar Regency, Bali, Indonesia Timings: 12 am – 12 pm Cost: N/A Best time to visit: Being one of the things to do in Bali in spring season, the best time to visit this place is from February to April. Ideal For: Must visit for adventure lovers How To Reach: Located at a distance of 28 kilometers from Ubud, this place is easily accessible by tour buses, and can also be reached by a 3-hour ride from central Bali or Semiyak. Nearby Attractions: Hidden Canyon Beji Guwang, Beji Guwang Cave Nearby Hotels: Gerke House, Green Papaya House Nearby Restaurants: Bumbu Asli International Warung, Pekandelan Warung Tips: This place is perfect for long getaways, away from the hustle and bustle, you can get a great peek into the Balinese culture which is why you can find it in lists of the most cultural things to do in Bali. In Frame:
- Kemenuh Butterfly Park is a sanctuary of flower gardens bustling with vivid flora and fauna where you can discover the Lepidopteran species, an order of butterflies and moths that are spectacular to observe.
- If there is anything that adds to the outdoorsy greatness of Bali, it is the Tegenungan Waterfall jump, a free-fall experience that is the epitome of adventure you can experience in the country.
- The Tegenungan Waterfall Swing, also popularly known as Air Terjun Tegenungan is a picturesque location near the village of Kemenuh, an attraction that also claims to be the most-visited by tourists all-round the year in Bali.
Suggested Read: Beach Hopping In Bali: A Guide That’ll Help You Prepare An All-Inclusive Itinerary
43. Scuba Diving at Padang Bai
Padang Bai is a vibrant coastal town nestled in the Eastern region of Bali which draws visitors by boasting its port-side charm, and close proximity to some of the most iconic ferry routes in this country. The local scene is a mix of traditional, with a touch of urban where travelers exude adventure. Take a short walking tour, eat-out at a local hole-in-the-wall, and enjoy diving with the white reef sharks – definitely one of the best things to do in Bali for friends. Location: Manggis, Karangasem Regency, Bali, Indonesia Timings: NA Cost: Starts from IDR 3,92,124 Best time to visit: Being one of the popular things to do in Bali in April, the best time to visit is the months between April to June. Ideal For: One of the top 50 things to do for young adults. How To Reach: By speedboats and public ferries from Bali via Sanu, also from Nusa Lembongan via public boats. Nearby Attractions: Penida Island, Candi Dasa Nearby Hotels: Padang Bai Beach Resort, OK Divers Resort & SPA, Padangbai Nearby Restaurants: Omang Omang Bar And Diner, Warung Lesehan Bali Tips: This place is widely recognised as one of the best places for scuba diving and is considered one of the top 10 things to do in bali with family. In Frame:
- This place is strategically placed only a couple ventures from the white sand sea shore where the sampan and jukung customary boats are secured up in the shallows. In only a couple minute boat ride, the turquoise water uncovers the appeal of the jump site called Blue Lagoon.
- On the off chance that you pick Padang Bai for your road trip, it can be the take-off point to Amuk Bay, where other jump destinations for experienced jumpers are found, like Gili Mimpang, Gili Tepekong, and Gili Biaha.
- Situated on the east shore of Bali, around one hour venture from Sanur (Denpasar), we show up in the little occupied fishing and port town of Padang Bai.
44. Bajra Sandhi Monument
Bajra Sandhi is yet another attractive architectural beauty in Bali and comes with an interesting historical background that attracts visitors here. This must-visit monument is located in front of the Bali Governor’s office near Denpasar and dates back to the 19th century. Visiting this place is one of the best things to do in Bali for first timers. Location: Jl. Raya Puputan No.142, Panjer, Kec. Denpasar Sel., Kota Denpasar, Bali 80234, Indonesia Cost: IDR 49,000 Timing: 8 AM to 6 PM Best time to visit: Being one of the best things to do in Bali in March, you can visit this place during the months between April to August. Ideal For: One of the best things to do in Bali with family and friends. How To Reach: The best way to reach the Bajra Sandhi Monument is by taking the local bus to Puputan Renon which is a 1-hour ride from central Bali and then take a short cab or walk to the monument. Nearby Attractions: Bali Museum, Museum Le Mayeur, Museum Pasifika Bali Nearby Hotels: Four Star by Trans Hotel, Mahatma Residence Nearby Restaurants: Goemerot Restaurant – Denpasar, Gosha Kitchen & Patisserie Renon Tips: This is one of the best places in Bali to try Balinese cuisines. It is also one of the fun things to do in Bali with family. In Frame:
- In a mainstream park in the core of Denpasar, the Bajra Sandhi Monument stands 148 feet (45 meters) tall, a great recognition for the battles of Balinese individuals since the beginning.
- The ground floor houses a 3D-stunt workmanship historical center, the subsequent floor is home to lifelike models, and the highest level offers clearing sees across the city.
- The monument is surrounded by some of the most iconic buildings and restaurants that can be explored on a single stroll.
Suggested Read: Bali Reopens Tourism: Unlocking This Much-Awaited Destination
45. Ikat Weaving Workshop
There’s no craft more authentic than the Ikat design pattern indigenous to Bali, and to see the action up-close, you can experience and participate in the many great weaving workshops. From the history of handcraft apparel to buying yourself some of the most precious clothing you have ever seen, indulging in an afternoon of culture and creativity is very well-recommended. Enjoying a workshop is also one of the most cultural things to do in Bali with family and friends. Location: Variable (Depending upon the location of your workshop) Cost: INR 1,000 to INR 4,000 Timing: 8 AM to 6 PM Best time to visit: Can be enjoyed all-year round and most popularly participated during morning hours. Ideal For: One of the best things to do in Bali with family and friends. How To Reach: These workshops take place all around Bali, please confirm the route with your host to enjoy a comfortable commute. Nearby Attractions: Bali Museum, Museum Le Mayeur, Museum Pasifika Bali Nearby Hotels: Four Star by Trans Hotel, Mahatma Residence Nearby Restaurants: Goemerot Restaurant – Denpasar, Gosha Kitchen & Patisserie Renon Tips: This is one of the best places in Bali to shop for indigenous Balinise souvenirs. It is also one of the best things to do in Bali as a solo traveller. In Frame:
- Tenganan is one of not many towns in Bali that has never submitted to Hindu rulers from Java. Portrayed by a 1930s essayist as “violently moderate”, the Tengananis have never become part of the Hindu rank framework, and keep on after their own exceptionally old native traditions.
- To get to Tenganan, you go through Candidasa and head north along a 4km back road.
- Voyaging for the most part through wilderness, you go to a town with an inquisitive passageway, similar to a film industry in an outside film, closing off a piece of the peaceful road behind it. Fresh office you will see a few men sitting on seats, each trusting that his turn will welcome a guest.
Suggested Read: 4 Stunning Places To Visit In Sanur Bali For A Beachy Holiday!
46. Traditional Balinese Lunch
This is one of the great and most-visited restaurants in Ubud. ‘Bebek Bengil’ translates to ‘Dirty Duck’ in the Indonesian language, as the specialty of this restaurant is considered to be the traditional duck that is available in various dishes. One of the most sought-after food items in this restaurant is Bebek Betutu, broth-boiled and made savory with herbs and spices. If you are looking for romantic things to do in Bali, this place is it. It is also one of the top budget things to do in Bali. Location: Multiple locations Timings: NA Cost: IDR 4000 – INR 5,500 Best time to visit: All year round Ideal For: One of the best things to do in Bali with family and friends. How To Reach: There are restaurants all around Bali and all of them are well connected by local bus routes, and taxis. Please confirm the route with your restaurant to enjoy a comfortable commute. Nearby Attractions: Kintamani, Pura Ulun Danu Batur Nearby Hotels: Odika Lovina House and Villa, Nandini Jungle Resort and Spa Bali Nearby Restaurants: Jaansan Bali Restaurant, Salon Bali, Amal Cafe Bali Tips: Bali is one of the best tourist destinations for enjoying tropical cuisines, from restaurant hopping to learning how to cook some of the traditional dishes, there is much more to explore than you can ever imagine. If you are looking for what to do in Bali during lockdown, a dinner here is your answer. In Frame:
- Pay a visit to the lions at the Tsavo Lion Restaurants while witnessing wildlife in their natural habitat as you share your afternoon lunch hours with them.
- Relish in decadent servings of Western, Indonesian, and Chinese cuisines with a sunny afternoon brunch or candlelight dinner at Restaurant Ulun Danu. Alternatively, you can try Rumah Makan Ulun Danu where you can explore various menu options like grilled or fried duck, chicken & fish ala Taliwang spices.
- Sandy Bay Beach Club is a beachfront restaurant on one of Lembongan Island’s westernmost bays. The beach club is centrally positioned on a 60 metre stretch of white sand, complemented by shaded table setups and sun loungers where you can dip your toes in the sand.
47. Cooking Classes
Ubud is very popular for half-day or full-day cooking classes, at a very cheap price. You can take a walk in the farms harvesting traditional ingredients for cooking and indulge in self-prepared food. Enjoy a cooking spree with the fresh ingredients and then dig into the food you prepare! Joining a cooking class is among the best things to do in Bali with family. Location: Multiple locations Timings: NA Cost: INR 2000 – INR 5,500 Best time to visit: All year round Ideal For: One of the best things to do in Bali with family and friends. How To Reach: These workshops take place all around Bali, please confirm the route with your host to enjoy a comfortable commute. Nearby Attractions: Satria Coffee Plantation, Nyang Nyang Beach Nearby Hotels: The Tempekan Nyang-Nyang, Pecatu Guest House Nearby Restaurants: Nunggalan Corner, Nyang Nyang Warung Tips: This is one of the most activities that travelers with a knack of cultural cuisines or cooking in general must try. One of the best things to do in Bali during the day, make sure you steal a recipe or two to take back home. In Frame:
- The premise of generally Indonesian/Balinese cooking is bean stew, garlic, shallots, and coconut oil. Contingent upon the dish, different flavors and new fixings will be added to make stunning cooking.
- The various regions across Bali have their own particular varieties to all dinners, which simply adds to the foodie undertakings.
- Bali’s most famous dish is Nasi Goreng. A fragrant rice dish produced using chicken, prawns, and vegetables, finished off with a scrambled omelet or a seared egg, I discover it to be a definitive comfort food.
Suggested Read: 4 Amazing Museums in Bedugul Bali For You To Explore On Your Vacation
48. Restaurant Hopping
Obviously, the island is famous for its best seafood. If you are here and you are missing out on tasting the traditional cuisine, then your trip is not successful. While you’re exploring Bali, you can go for seafood in Sanur restaurant, dinner with family in Jimbaran, and traditional food at Warung Blanjong. Trying the delicious food of Bali is definitely among the best things to do in Bali for young couples. Location: Warung Blanjong, Jl. Danau Poso No.78, Sanur Kauh, Kec. Denpasar Sel., Kota Denpasar, Bali 80221, Indonesia Timings: 8 am to 10 pm Cost: IDR 150 Best time to visit: All year round Ideal For: One of the best things to do in Bali with family and friends. How To Reach: There are restaurants all around Bali and all of them are well connected by local bus routes, and taxis. Please confirm the route with your restaurant to enjoy a comfortable commute. Nearby Attractions: Museum Puri Lukisan, ARMA Museum Nearby Hotels: Alaya Resort Ubud, Adiwana Monkey Forest Nearby Restaurants: Embers Restaurant, Wanara Spice Tips: The best way to explore most flavours of Balinese cuisines is by devoting a day of restaurant hopping. Try different places for all your meals of the day and you would be surprised to find how enjoyable and affordable the experience is. In Frame:
- Set in the midst of the lavish wilderness valleys of Ubud, Apéritif is the subsequent mark high end eatery at Viceroy Bali (joining CasCades, above). Its culinary spotlight is on top-rack produce, sourced from the inn’s own nurseries and from across the island and the world.
- Definitely one of Seminyak’s most popular cafés, Sarong is the brainchild of commended “road food gourmet expert” Will Meyrick. The idea is straightforward: legitimate Asian and Indian food introduced in a top notch food air.
- One of the first top notch food joints in Seminyak, Metis has been astonishing and charming foodies for quite a long time with its exemplary French cooking and mystical climate ignoring the rice porches of top-end Petitenget.
Suggested Read: The Complete 2022 Guide To Applying For Bali Visa For Indians
49. Relax in a Yoga Barn
If you want to relax and rejuvenate yourself while exploring the different places in Bali, then this is where you should come. Yoga Barn is situated in a secluded area, amidst peaceful environs and therefore a must-do session is a given. The sessions are quite cultural and relaxing, thanks to the amazing professionals that’ll be attending you. Among the many yoga sessions that might get on your trip to Bali, this one might just be the most exciting, specifically for the professionals working here with immense experience. It is a must to do a thing when you’re in Ubud. Allow your chakras to relax and clear your head and prepare for the journey ahead. If you are looking for the best things to do in Bali on a budget, this is perfect for your itinerary with family. Location: Jl. Hanoman, Pengosekan, Kecamatan Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia Cost: IDR 2,500 – IDR 4,000 Timing: Variable Best time to visit: All year round Ideal For: One of the best things to do in Bali with family and friends. How To Reach: The best way to reach the Yoga Barn is by taking a private cab ride directly to this destination which is a 30-minute long journey from Ubud. Nearby Attractions: Tenganan village, Jalan Raya Ubud Nearby Hotels: Bajawa Hotels, Kelimutu Homestays Nearby Restaurants: The Plantation Grill, Uni Restaurant & Bar Tips: A popular part of cultural tourism in Bali, Ikat is a traditional craft that can help you understand a dynamic aspect of Balinese community. Being one of the most cultural things to do in Bali, it is a well-recommended and budget activity. In Frame:
- The Yoga Barn was made by its originators for the sole reason for uniting the local area and rewarding the island of Bali.
- Situated in the core of Ubud, Bali’s social center point, The Yoga Barn is SE Asia’s full help yoga studio, all encompassing mending retreat focus. Dispatched in 2007, The Yoga Barn’s structures have a native Balinese feel to them.
- Combined with a profound vibe, The Yoga Barn is on the double natural and provincial, unwinding, well disposed and simple.
Further Read: Menjangan Island: A Guide To Dive, Relax, And Snorkel At This Hidden Gem Of Northern Bali!
50. The Beach Clubs
If the glorious charm of Balinese beaches isn’t enough to plan your next trip to this panoramic country, the beach clubs have some extravagant experiences for you. From classic sundown celebrations to tropical cuisines that are presented as a part of an enticing adventure buffet, exploring the beach clubs is one of the most fascinating things to do in Bali for bachelors and bachelorettes. Beach-hopping is also one of the must-do activities in Bali. Location: Multiple Cost: Approx. IDR 50,000 to IDR 1,00,000 according to the height of the cliffs Timing: Depending on the establishment Best time to visit: The best time to visit is from March to September ideally during the weekend for the best experience. Ideal For: One of the best things to do in Bali with your friends. How To Reach: The best way to reach the Beach clubs in Bali is by using the private taxis or tuk-tuks as they are available even after sundown. Nearby Attractions: Cocoon Beach Club, Potato Head Beach Club Bali Nearby Hotels: The Tempekan Nyang-Nyang, Pecatu Guest House Nearby Restaurants: Karma Beach Bali, The Lawn Tips: The Bali coastlines are dotted with beach clubs but some areas are not open after sundown. If you are planning your trip here, make sure you check for their timings in advance. In Frame:
- The beach resorts in Bal are the most popular hotspots, with sunbaked sea shores, shining lodging pools, and drumming nightlife.
- Poolside cabanas with HDTVs and classic luxury amenities? Don’t sweat it. Be that as it may, farther north, the scene progresses, with a lot of family-accommodating bright spots.
- It may be a very underrated fact but the markets near beach resorts in Bali are bustling with gems that make for the perfect souvenirs. If you want to find things that you want to bring back, these resorts are where you must look for.
Further Read: Top 10 Indonesian Food Delights That Must Be On Every Foodie’s List
More on Travel Triangle: High hopes for this year? Here are some very cool adventure sports in Bali you can look forward to. And in case you weren’t already planning for a trip, this beach-hopping guide to Bali will make you really, really want to travel again. So, which of these things to do in Bali would you like to try first? For whenever you plan a trip to Bali, make sure you make your safety priority first. While the charming views and serenity of Bali are rich naturally, this paradise is totally worth your time and money. Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to sources whenever possible. If you own rights to any of the images and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist, or photographer. Please Note: Any information published by TravelTriangle in any form of content is not intended to be a substitute for any kind of medical advice, and one must not take any action before consulting a professional medical expert of their own choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About Things To Do In Bali
What should you not do in Bali?
While planning a trip to Bali you must be wondering what all things you must avoid. Some of the things that must be avoided are:
1. You must not enter the temple without removing your shoes
2. It is suggested that you must avoid drinking tap water
3. Do not wear revealing clothes if you going to visit a temple
4. Avoid carrying any dangerous substance such as drugs
5. Do not honk without any reason.
What should I not miss in Bali?
Bali is indeed one of the charming and magnetic destinations for vacation. Therefore, you must not miss out on some vital things such as:
1. Gazing the magnificence of the sunset
2. Hopping on the beaches in Bali
3. Exploring the Hindu temples in Bali
4. Witnessing wildlife
6. Mountain climbing in Mount Batur
Is it safe to visit Bali during Covid times?
You need to follow all the mandatory safety guidelines mentioned by the authorities to ensure a safe travel experience. Remain masked while stepping out of the hotel and maintain social distance. Avoid visiting crowded places and keep sanitizing your hands after touching surfaces.
What is there to do in Bali on a honeymoon?
You can visit the many beaches like Kuta Beach, Seminyak Beach and many more and can enjoy the sunset at Uluwatu Temple and Tanah Lot Temple. Exploring the beaches and nightlife of Kuta is among the best things to do in Bali Kuta for couples.
What are the best things to do in Bali with kids?
You can visit Waterbom, Bali Safari and Marine Park, Menjangan National Park and Kemenuh Butterfly Park. The Bali Zoo is also here to provide your kids with an exciting time. Bali all over will steal your child’s attention and make them want more with every tour.
What is there to do in Bali at night?
You can experience the nightlife at Kuta, walk on the beach or enjoy a rooftop BBQ at Sky Garden. The nightlife of Bali itself provides a totally different picture of the places and brings in a whole new conception for the tourists. Relaxing walks can make you calm, the nightclubs can make you dance till your feet hurt, different restaurants can provide you some of the finest cuisines, and the list goes on.
What is the best time to visit Bali?
Bali can be visited throughout the year actually but the best time to visit Bali is from April to October as this is the dry season in the region which is a favorable time for sightseeing and outdoor activities. Summers bring on an exciting touch to the place, beaches stay open throughout the day, bars offer chilled drinks, etc. The whole trip becomes even more exciting.
Which are the best things to do in Bali for adventure?
Here are some of the best things to do in Bali for adventure:
1) Padang Bai diving
2) Ayung River rafting
3) Bali Marine And Safari Park wildlife safari
4) Tanjung Benoa jetpacking
5) Mount Batur trekking
Which are the top places to visit in Bali?
Here are some of the top places to visit in Bali:
5) Bukit Peninsula
People Also Read:
Things Not To Do In Bali Things To Do In Indonesia Things You Should Know About Bali