The power capital of the country, Delhi, is more than just a city. There is so much more – its vibe, the culture, the melange of highs & lows, the rich heritage, it is the city of extremes and we Dilliwalas love it! Sure, it isn’t perfect, but again, what is?
30 Reasons To Love Delhi More Than Any Other Place
Delhi AKA ‘Dilwalon ki Dilli’ is a great city to spend some time of your life or to even spend a lifetime. This city embraces anyone and everyone who comes to her. Though you don’t need a specific reason to love this bustling city, here are 30 reasons, you would agree to, that make Delhi a ‘city of hearts’.
1. No one in the world can ever swear as much as a Dilliwala!
Suggested Read: Top 12 Things To Do In Delhi In Summer In 2019 To Beat The Heat
2. From India’s best street shopping experience
Suggested Read: Top 11 Shopping Destinations in India
3. To India’s most luxurious malls (where the fanciest of cars could be spotted) – Delhi has it all!
Must Read: 7 Dreamy Taj hotels in India
4. Because Delhites are genuinely rich at heart!
But to feel the warmth in Dilwalon ki Dilli, be sure to win our hearts!
5. And we are genuinely a cash rich city too! ;)
6. Plus, we just know how to spend it
7. Or where to show it off!
8. Because Delhi has the largest, the most diverse & the coolest university in India!
Maharashtrians, South Indians, Manipuris, Assamese, Haryanavis, Kashmiris – everyone! And not to forget the fashionable hot chicks & cool dudes ;)
9. Though it is trademarked as an unsafe city, it also teaches us to be stronger
10. Because it is the only city in India where people party in Villages!
Hauz Khas Village, Shahpur Jat and Said-ul-Ajaib are the cafe and party centrals here.
11. Because it’s where the ‘power’ subsists!
12. It’s the concrete jungle where millions come with their dreams
13. But it has enough trees for those hot summer days!
Believe it or not, Delhi is one of the leafiest cities in Asia.
14. While in Delhi, travelling is never a concern – take a flight to literally anywhere
Delhi is well connected to the world & to the entire country! You can fly to any country, any state, any city.
15. Or ride on the inexpensive as well as clean & air conditioned metros
Unlike the Mumbai locals!
Planning your holiday but confused about where to go? These travel stories help you find your best trip ever!
Real travel stories. Real stays. Handy tips to help you make the right choice.
16. And then, there are air conditioned buses too!!
17. Of course, who could forget the life line of Delhi? The quickest and easiest mode of transportation AUTOs (driven by the most impolite autowalas in India)
18. Because Delhi has the most gorgeous & widest of roads in India
19. Perfect for a long-long drive to the Himalayas!
Must Read:12 One Day Road Trips From Delhi
20. Because though there are malls to shop from, Delhi has unlimited Wholesale markets too..!!
And here you could buy anything from electronics to clothes to grocery to decor at dirt cheap rates.
21. Because Delhi is the only city in India to which lets you buy Manish Malhotra or Sabhyasachi dresses at extremely affordable prices
22. Because it is a city of extremes!
If you’ve lived in Delhi, you know what the four seasons really are! And how much soever cold it gets, we all love winters.
23. Because Delhi Gol Gappas can any day beat Kolkata’s Puchkas & Mumbai’s Pani Puri
24. And while you’re low on cash, there’s a world of street food waiting for you!
25. Because Delhi is a city with richly painted walls
Freedom of thoughts & expression – and we know exactly how to show it!
26. Because Delhi’s story is just a metro ride away
27. And the rich heritage blends perfectly well with the Modern Era
28. Because Delhi celebrates – diversity & cultural freely!
Chandni Chowk – The only place in India to have a Church, a Temple, a Gurudwara & a Mosque in the same lane!
Must Read: India’s Most Insane Music Festivals
29. Because Yamuna takes care of city escapes & hideouts in Delhi
Okhla Bird Sanctuary – a home away from home for migratory birds!
30. Delhi is loud and we like it that way!
Further Read: 15 Places to visit in India while you are still young
Like the article? Hit share buttons now!
Long Weekend Trips Starting @ Rs 3499/-
Take a trip to spend the upcoming long weekend with your buddies.
✓ Stay at 4 star rating hotels with local sightseeing, meals and transfers.
✓ Travel in AC coach round trip (from Delhi).
✓ All Inclusive Deal– Camping, Jeep Safari & Trekking as per itinerary
✓ Sign up NOW to celebrate the long weekend out of town!