The most dreaded season of the year is here. The scorching heat is keeping everyone indoors in the capital city but don’t let the heat pull you down. ‘Dilwalon ki Dilli’ has so much to offer to appease the explorer in you – Yes, even during summers! The capital city of India, Delhi, experiences extreme climatic conditions. Its biting cold during winters, burning hot in summers, flooded during monsoons and lush green in spring and dry in autumn. In this blog, you have some of the best things to do in Delhi in summer great things to watch out for when the summers hit.
15 Best Things To Do In Delhi In Summer
If you are searching for fun activities do with your kids or friends in the summer vacations or on summer weekends, here are some of the best things to do in summer in Delhi to beat the heat!
- Ice Skating – Go For Indoor Ice-Skating
- Raahgiri Day – Early Morning Activities
- Spa Treatment – Soothe You Body & Mind
- Summer Drinks & Ice Creams – Sip These Life-Savers
- International Mango Festival – Taste The Variety
- Delhi Bars & Clubs – For Summer Parties
- Pool Party – Catch-Up In The Pool
- Water Parks – Take The Water Rides
- Chandni Chowk – Go On A Night Walk
- Hill Stations – Weekend Roadtrips From Delhi
- Rajpath Segway Tours Take A Tour
- Paintball Adventures Go Have Some Fun
- Shopping – Exlore The Shopping Streets
- Go Karting – Enjoy F1 Spirit
- Light And Sound Show – Best History Narrations
1. Ice Skating – Go For Indoor Ice-Skating
Sounds fun, right? This 15000 square feet ice skating arena, located inside Ambience Mall is made of real ice and it is India’s first natural ice skating rink. One of the best places to visit in Delhi in summers with family, iSkate offers one on one or group training sessions for an icy cold summer. While at iSkate do not forget to try their delectably delicious ice creams and sandwiches. This is one of the top things to do in Delhi in summers.
Location: 6th Floor, Ambience Mall, National Highway 8, Gurugram, Haryana
Timings: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Cost: Rs 360 onwards for a one hour fifteen minutes session.
Long Weekend Trips Starting @ Rs 3499/-
2. Raahgiri Day – Early Morning Activities
Raahgiri day is an interesting social initiative taken by organizations in Gurgaon. Of the many things to do in Delhi in summers, plan to spend a Sunday morning at Inner Circle, Connaught Place. Indulge in activities like cycling, yoga, street ludo, walking, tug of war, bollywood dance and more. It is organized on every Sunday from 6 am to 9 am.
Location: A-16, Rajiv Chowk, Block A, Connaught Place, New Delhi
Timings: 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM on every Sunday
3. Spa Treatment – Soothe You Body & Mind
A Spa treatment would prove to be amongst the most refreshing things to do in summer in Delhi. What can be better than rejuvenating in the harsh summer in Delhi when the sun can cause a lot of damage to your skin? Seaweed and mud body wraps are a great way to detoxify skin and reduce sunburns. You can also go for hydrotherapy and fruit-based treatments. You can try these at various spas like three graces, R The spa and Kaya Kalp Spa. And guess what, its not just for women!
Location: Various locations
Cost: INR 700 onwards
4. Summer Drinks & Ice Creams – Sip These Life-Savers
Treat yourself to ice cold sherbet or the yummy kulfi this summer. Khari Baoli in old Delhi is amongst the places to visit in Delhi in summer for such lip-smacking delicacies. From the many shops there, Harnarain Gokal Chand’s sherbet shop and Duliram Nareshchand’s is worth a try. The sherbet shop is 100-year-old and has various flavors like sandalwood, aam panna, khus, almond and rose. In Kucha Patiram, at Sitaram Bazaar, indulge in Duliram Nareshchand’s sumptuous kulfi and mango rabri.
Suggested Location: Naturals in Cannaught Place
Cost: INR 200 for two people
Suggested Read: 25 Best Places To Visit In India This Summer
5. International Mango Festival – Taste The Variety
Summers = Mangoes! Need I say more? The capital city hosts international mango festival every year to celebrate everything about the king of all tropical fruits. You can savor about 1100 varieties of mangoes including some rare varieties. Delhi Haat, Pitampura has to be on your list of places to visit in Delhi in July for this epic festival.
Location: Netaji Subhash Palace, Lala Jagat Narayan Marg, Guru Govind Singh College, Pitampura
Timings: From morning till evening between June and July
6. Delhi Bars & Clubs – For Summer Parties
One of the best things to do in Delhi in June is to hit the Ice Bar. This one of its kind bars has ice walls, ice sculptures, ice bar counter, ice sofas and chairs and even drinking glasses. Freeze in the summers and sing along on their karaoke night or dance to the awesome music played.
Suggested Locations: Hauz Khas Village, Connaught Place and Saket
Cost: Rs. 1000 per person. Cloaks and gloves are provided at the venue.
7. Pool Party – Catch-Up In The Pool
Pool parties should be on your list of crazy things to do in Delhi in May. They are a rage with the city’s party circuit, especially during summers. Pool parties are fun and an excellent way to celebrate the season. There are many places for exotic pool parties in Delhi like Nyx, golden tulip, Aqua, The park, and Aquaden.
Suggested Location: Connaught Place, New Delhi
Timings: Most of the parties start around 4 or 5 in the evening
Cost: The prices vary from INR 1500 to INR 4000 depending on the place.
8. Water Parks – Take The Water Rides
Of the many places to visit in Delhi in April, a trip to an amusement park will surely drive the summer blues away. The fun rides in the water zone is an amazing way to spend the summers. Delhi has some amazing water parks like Fun and Food Village, Worlds of Wonder and Adventure Island.
Suggested Locations: Fun And Food Village, Adventure Island, Splash
Timings: Most of the water parks in Delhi open around 10:00 AM and close by 7:00 PM.
9. Chandni Chowk – Go On A Night Walk
Number 9 on our list of things to do in Delhi during summer is the adventurous night walk across the vibrant culture and rich heritage of Old Delhi. The lanes of Chandni Chowk come alive during the night. You can try some lip smacking street food, do some street shopping and visit the glittering bazaars around Jama Masjid. The experience is priceless. Plan a night walking tour with ‘Delhi by foot’.
Location: Chandni Chowk, Near Red Fort, Delhi
Timings: 10.30 AM – 9 PM | Some food streets remain open late at night
10. Hill Stations – Weekend Roadtrips From Delhi
Himalayas is right above! If you want to spend your weekend away from the hustle bustle and heat of Delhi, the close proximity to the hills is an added advantage. Plan a quick getaway to Jim Corbett national park, Hrishikesh, Nainital, Dharamsala, Bhimtal, Parwanoo, Shimla and so many more hill stations near Delhi.
Location: Most of the hill stations are either located in Uttarakhand or in Himachal Pradesh.
Suggested Read: The Ultimate Guide To A Kickass Nightlife in Delhi
11. Rajpath Segway Tours – Take A Tour
This is one of the most interesting things to do in Delhi summer. If you are looking for something fun and modern to do in Delhi, hop onto Segway tours that are heal near Rajpath. Roam around the whole area on the two wheeler-battery charged segway vehicle. Not only is it one of the fun things to do in Delhi in summers with family but also a unique and better alternate to sightseeing on foot or bus. Don’t worry if you are not familarized with the vehicle as you will be given a training before you begin.
Location: Parliament Building
Price: INR 1,350-1,650
12. Paintball Adventures – Go Have Some Fun
If you are looking for a fun team activity, go paintballing with your colleagues or friends. You have played Holi, now enjoy shooting paint balls from a gun like a commando. It is a great team building activity that improves synchronization with team members apart from being exciting and fun. It is a great stress buster and also one of the fun things to do in Delhi in summers with friends. This is one of the most engaing things to do in Delhi summer.
Suggested Location: Shootout Zone, A-265, Andheria Modh, Near Kisan Haat, Chhattarpur, New Delhi
Timings: 10 AM – 10 PM
Price: INR 600 approx.
13. Shopping – Exlore The Shopping Streets
Shopping is one of the top things to do in Delhi in summers inspite of the heat and pollution. The city is known for its huge and old markets. Chandni Chowk being one of the oldest markets in Delhi has found a space in list already food scenes too. But Delhi shopping hotspots like Sarojini Nagar Market, Lajpat Nagar Market, Janpath Market and Khan Market are popular for their variety and prices. Exploring these open-air markets may be a bit tiring so keep a bottle of water handy. And if you just can’t do without A/C there are several malls too, including Ambiance Mall, Select City Walk, City Centre Dwarka and more.
Location: Sarojini Nagar Market, Lajpat Nagar Market, Janpath Market and Khan Market
Timings: 10 AM to 9 PM (general timings for most of the markets)
14. Go Karting – Enjoy F1 Spirit
Get a taste of Formula1 race with Go Karting in Delhi. This is one of the best things to do in summer in Delhi. You get to pick from a range of 4-wheelers including go-karts, bullet model, and formula-K 160 CC engine vehicles. The F-9 Go Karting venue has a well maintained track for this activity. You will also get a quick brief on how to go about. Make sure you put on all the safety gears.
Location: Link Road, Sector 17/18 Dividing Rd, near Green Park, Gurugram, Haryana 122001
Timings: 1 PM – 10 PM
Cost: INR 300
15. Light And Sound Show – Best History Narrations
Delhi is a city with many monuments. The rich history of Delhi is interesting and worth knowing about. But this is one of the most exciting ways to do so. Attending a Light And Sound show at the landmark monument – Red Fort is one of the most fun things to do in Delhi in summers a night. The weather is good during night and visibilty is great unlike winters. This one-hour long engaging show feature sound and light effects to narrate the history of India including the freedom struggle.
Location: Netaji Subhash Marg, Lal Qila, in Chandni Chowk, New Delhi
Timings: All days, except Mondays:
- September to October: 8.30 pm to 9.30 pm (English), 7 pm to 8 pm (Hindi)
- November to January: 7.30 pm to 8.30 pm (English), 6 pm to 7 pm (Hindi)
- February to April: 8.30 pm to 9.30 pm (English), 7 pm to 8 pm (Hindi)
- May to August: 9 pm to 10 pm (English), 7.30 pm to 8.30 pm (Hindi)
Fun Things To Do Near Delhi (NCR) In Summer
Still wondering what to do in Delhi in summers? Here are some other things that you can indulge in. Delhi NCR offers a plethora of fun activities. Noida and Gurgaon are the major centers of fun activities near Delhi.
- Ice skating in Noida: Ski India in the DLF Mall of India offers facilities of skiing, sledging, tobogganing, snow boarding, and ice skating in Noida.
- Go-karting: Though not a summer-specific activity, go-karting is one of the fun things to do in Noida. Wonder Speedway and Worlds of Wonder are the best places for go-karting in Noida.
- Enjoying rides of Amusement parks: Worlds of Wonder is the best amusement park in Noida that offers myriad joy rides and water rides.
- Bowling: Several malls across Noida offer bowling, pool, and other arcade games.
- Driving fast cars on international motor racing circuit: Buddha International Circuit allows, time and again, general public to drive fast cars like Audi, Ferrari, etc on the track of the international motor racing circuit.
Suggested Read: 3 Delhi To Nainital Trains Experience the Scenic Journey In 2020
- Ice skating in Gurgaon: Ambience Mall in Gurgaon was the site of the first ice-skating rink in the region and has been popular ever since it first opened.
- Go-karting: Though there are many places for go-karting in Gurgaon, the terrace go-karting offered by Smaaash in Gurgaon is unparalleled. Smaash also offers numerous other activities like bowling, VR gaming, and more.
- Enjoying rides of Amusement parks: Fun ‘N’ Food Village and Oysters Beach Water Park are the best places in Gurgaon for joy rides and water slides.
Still looking for fun options to do in Delhi? Call up your friends and strike each and everything from the list above if you want to enjoy a summer trip in Delhi. What would be your pick from this list of things to do in Delhi in summer? Share with us in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions About Things To Do In Delhi In Summer
A. Heritage walk, food walk, clubbing, shopping, art gallery visits, and attending happening events like Surajkund Mela are among the top things one must indulge in during their trip to Delhi NCR.
A. If you are a morning person you’d love attending Raahgiri in Central Delhi. This is an extravaganza where various local artists perform and you can indulge in various activities such as cycling. Save the evenings for cafe-hopping or heritage walk in Hauz Khas.
A. You can visit the Ice-Skating Rink at Ambience Mall, enjoy Raahgiri Day in the morning, have a spa treatment, enjoy a day out in Lodhi Gardens or attend the International Mango Festival.
A. Though summer is not quite a good time for trekking, still you can enjoy trekking at a few spots like Beas Kund Trek in Manali, Prashar Lake Trek with summer camping, Nag Tibba Trek with camping that are in close proximity to Delhi.
A. Summer may seem intolerable in Delhi, but after sunset, you can have a romantic getaway in the capital at Rose Cafe, Diggin Cafe, The Grammar Room, Lodhi Gardens, Champa Gali and more.
A. Ice-creams and cold sherbets are the best remedies to escape the scorching heat in Delhi. Visit Giani’s for kulfi faluda in Chandni Chowk.
A. There are several places to enjoy pool parties in Delhi like Nyx, The Park, Golden Tulip, Aquaden, and Aqua.
A. You can make your weekends exciting by taking a heritage walk or going shopping at Chandni Chowk. You can also attend a special screening of films or have a food tour around the city.
Long Weekend Trips Starting @ Rs 3499/-
People Also Read: