Imagine yourself strolling in the popular cobbled streets of Rome with shopping bags from high-street brands in one hand and your favorite drink in another, while you enjoy the city’s sumptuous beauty. Sounds like quite a heavenly & dreamy experience, right? Well, the city of ruins is truly a heaven for Shopaholics and shopping in Rome will let you have this experience for real!Home to top-notch brands, high-street stores, vintage shops, and more, the city has got the best of everything for everyone. So, if you’re planning a trip to Europe, keep this Rome shopping guide handy as it won’t just help you discover the best places to shop in Rome but also unveil the quintessential shopping secrets in Rome!
14 Top-Notch Places For Shopping In Rome
Since the city has got innumerable famous shopping streets as well as malls, here’s a list of the best places to shop in Rome that would definitely offer you a soul-satisfying experience when you’d be shopping in Rome, Italy. Take a look:
- Via Dei Condotti – Branded Italian leather bags
- Via Del Corso – Elegant Dresses
- La Rinascente – For Branded Cosmetics
- Via Cola Di Rienzo – For Street Shopping
- Via Dei Coronari – For Vintage Articles
- Via Del Governo Vecchio – For Souvenirs
- Via Del Boschetto – For Handicraft items
- Via Margutta – For Art Galleries
- Castel Romano – For Designer Outlets
- Via Frattina – For Italian Leather Shoes
- Via dei Giubbonari – For Leather Shoes And Boots
- Chez Dede – For Bags, Designer Scarves, Vintage Fragrances
- L’Archivio di Monserrato – For Antiques, Designer Dresses, Robes
- Maison Halaby – For Designer Leather Bags
1. Via Dei Condotti: For Branded Italian Leather Bags
For the best experience of shopping in Rome, Italy, head out to the popular Via Dei Condotti. This street is well-known for the best designer outlet shopping in Rome and features top-notch brands like Gucci, Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, and more, that would not only treat the shopaholic within you but also leave you in awe.
Location: Via Condotti, 00187 Rome, Italy
Best For: Branded Italian leather bags
Europe Holiday Packages On TravelTriangle
2. Via Del Corso: For Elegant Dresses
Looking for the most popular spot for shopping in Rome, Italy? One of the longest streets in the city, this is the best place to be if you wish to go for dress shopping in Rome. Offering high-street Roman stores and international brands like H&M, Zara and more, Via Del Corso is one shopping place you just cannot miss on your Rome trip!
Location: Via del Corso, Rome, Italy
Best For: Elegant Dresses
3. La Rinascente: For Branded Cosmetics
Irrespective of how many streets you explore, your Rome holiday would stay incomplete without luxury shopping in Rome at some of the finest brands in a shopping malls in Rome, Italy. La Rinascente is home to this multi-brand luxury store which houses everything from cosmetics to home decor, and offers all of it under one roof.
Location: Via del Tritone 61, Via Dei Due Macelli 23, 00187 Rome, Italy
Best For: Branded Cosmetics
4. Via Cola Di Rienzo: For Street Shopping
If you are planning to visit Rome and want to shop somewhere away from the hustle & bustle of the city, Cola Di Rienzo is your place. The most popular street amongst the locals, it offers a mix of international and Italian brands. Make sure you visit this place if you wish to enjoy affordable shopping in Rome.
Location: Via Cola di Rienzo, Prati, 00192 Rome, Italy
Best For: Street shopping
Suggested Read: Rome Is Finally Getting Its Own Beach And We’re Packing Already!
5. Via Dei Coronari: For Vintage Articles
One of the oldest and yet the finest streets in Rome, Via Dei Coronari is known for selling exemplary antiques and is must visit in the Rome shopping guide. If you are going out for shopping in Rome on a budget, this is the best place for you! It houses vintage shops that would take you back to the old Roman times.
Location: Navona, Pantheon, Campo de’ Fiori
Best For: Vintage articles
6. Via Del Governo Vecchio: For Souvenirs
This cobbled street is located just behind the beautiful Piazza Navona and is known for being home to high-quality Italian brands. From good quality leather to extraordinary souvenirs, you would find everything here that you won’t find anywhere else. Just don’t forget to check out the vintage shops!
Location: 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Best For: Souvenirs
7. Via Del Boschetto: For Handicraft items
Situated in the beautiful neighborhood of Monti, this street is popular for its artisanal shops. While it has various handicraft boutiques, Kokoro is a one-stop shop that sells such colorful handcrafted materials that you would not want to leave empty-handed! It is everyone’s go-to place for luxury shopping in Rome.
Location: 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Best For: Handicraft items
8. Via Margutta: For Art Galleries
A beautiful small street marked by the presence of hanging plants, art galleries, and small shops, Via Margutta is the place that would offer you the most blissful shopping experience. It is everyone’s go-to place for affordable shopping in Rome. Also, if you plan to go shopping in Rome on Sunday, this is undoubtedly the best place to visit and pamper the art lover within!
Location: Centro Storico, Via Margutta, 00187 Rome, Italy
Best For: Art Galleries
Suggested Read: 12 Romantic Things To Do In Rome With Your Amore In 2020!
9. Castel Romano: For Designer Outlets
For the best outlet shopping in Rome, reach out to the Castel Romano outlet which offers famous designer brands like Michael Kors, Roberto Cavalli, Nike, and more at 30 to 70% off throughout the year. Also, it has a beautiful setting surrounded by cafes & restaurants that would enhance your shopping experience! It is everyone’s go-to place for best shopping in Rome.
Location: Via del Ponte di Piscina Cupa, 64, 00128 Castel Romano RM, Italy
Best For: Designer Outlets
10. Via Frattina: For Italian Leather Shoes
Home to the most famous stores like Fausto Santini, Andrea Fabini, and more, this street is known for the best shoe shopping in Rome. It is situated near the popular Spanish Steps and is also one of the most-visited places for shopping in Rome. Just don’t forget to get a ‘Made in Italy’ pair of shoes for yourself while you’d be here! It is the best place for shopping in Rome Italy.
Location: 00187 Roma RM, Italy
Best For: Italian leather shoes
11. Via dei Giubbonari: For Leather Shoes And Boots
Located in the middle of the Jewish Ghetto and the Campo de’Fiori, this place is one of the best places to go for cheap shopping in Rome. Lined up with small shoe shops and affordable clothing boutiques, this is an absolute paradise for the people who want to indulge in some endless shopping. This place is known for the chains of small businesses and also famous for being one of the best shopping areas in Rome.
Location: Near Campo de’ Fiori
Best Known For: Leather shoes and boots
12. Chez Dede: For Bags, Designer Scarves, Vintage Fragrances
The Chez Dede is one of its own kind of independent boutique which is also a gallery and atelier. Featuring a funky and retro vibe, this place is mostly visited by people who are looking for some designer scarves and many more which are designed by Daria Reina and Andrea Ferolla. One can also find things like bags and homewares which are chic. There are things available from other brands which include Assouline books and vintage fragrances. People looking for the best shops in Rome can visit this one once.
Location: Via di Monserrato, 35, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Best Known For: Bags, Designer scarves, Vintage fragrances
13. L’Archivio di Monserrato: For Antiques, Designer Dresses, Robes
This boutique is owned by the designer Soledad Twombly who is famous in the fashion industry for her custom-designed dresses and textiles. This place has some of the amazing collection of designer dresses, antique tea sets, Syrian robes and also Tibetan vases which are worth spending a penny. This boutique also stands out to be one of the best shopping places in Rome.
Location: Via di Monserrato, 150, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Best Known For: Antiques, Designer dresses, Robes
Suggested Read: Rome In June: A 2019 Guide To Witness The City Beaming With Joy
14. Maison Halaby: For Designer Leather Bags
Adding to the list of antique galleries stands the Maison Halaby which is owned by designer Gilbert Halaby. Inside the shop one can find all kinds of handcrafted things like scarves, paintings, tea sets, and journals. Alongside that there are leather hand bags which are just out of the latest fashion closet. If you’re thinking where to go for shopping in Rome, this is one of the best shops to enjoy a shopping spree.
Location: Via di Monserrato, 21, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Best Known For: Designer leather bags
Tips For Shopping In Rome
1. While many stores in Rome are closed on Monday mornings, especially the smaller ones, some of the stores remain closed for a few hours in the afternoon as well. So, make sure you check with the locals and pick the right time for shopping.
2. Getting a change in Italy is quite difficult. So, try to keep the exact change with you if plan to pay in cash while shopping there.
3. The international brands like Prada, Gucci, and more sell selective items to non-European citizens on which VAT can be claimed by the customer. So, make sure you carry your passport and ask the sales assistant for help to fill out the required form at the time of making the purchase.
4. If you are looking for local Italian artifacts and jewelry on your Rome trip, head to Via Del Boschetto as it’s the best place in the city to buy accessories.
5. Last but not least, try and make a list of things to buy in order to have an easy & convenient shopping experience.
Your shopping experience in Rome will not be an ordinary one as the city offers stunning things to buy which will excite your soul even more! So, plan your Italy trip with TravelTriangle right away, and head out on the most unique shopping spree.
Go beyond the obvious spots for shopping in Rome and stay on the look out for haute couture stores, antique shops, and bargain outlets. Watch our Rome travel video to see what we mean. Are you prepared to have your mind blown in Rome?
Frequently Asked Questions About Shopping In Rome
A. Italy is famous for buying cheese, Italian leather bags and Italian leather shoes.
A. The shops in Rome close around 8 PM.
A. No, currently there is no Primark store in Rome.
A. Via del Corso is the main shopping street in Rome.
A. Via Cola di Rienzo is the main shopping street in Rome. It is considered as the best place for shopping all over Italy.
A. You should buy handicrafts and art pieces in Rome.
Looking To Book An International Holiday?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.
People Also Read: