A honeymoon in Italy can be as magical as you want it to be. Cruising through the water canals of Venice, wine tasting and vineyard touring with the love of your life in Tuscany, enjoying a romantic evening meal by the Amalfi coast, and reading Romeo and Juliet in a rather humble B&B in Verona – the best honeymoon destinations in Italy are the ones that make your fantasies come true.
As you prep to paint the town red with your love and passion, here are the destinations that must be a part of itinerary. These destinations are home to some of the most magnificent forts, alluring natural marvels, and the best wines. Browse only through the best Italy honeymoon packages that offer complete customization and don’t coax you to settle for a compromise on your dreams! P.S. Do not forget to indulge in some cheezy pizzas when in Italy!
14 Best Honeymoon Destinations In Italy In 2021
If you’re contemplating on an Italian honeymoon in Europe, these Italy honeymoon destinations will certainly make you weak in the knees. There is something hidden in Italy for every kind of honeymooners. Italy reeks of romance and love from every nook. Consider these honeymoon ideas in Italy for your next plan!
- Venice – A Gondola Spell You Can’t Resist!
- Florence – Intoxicating Beauty & Fine Wine
- Cilento – A Secret Hideout For Lovebirds
- Naples – Enjoy The Views And Pizzas
- Capri Islands – A Dazzling Fairyland
- Rome – Take A Stroll Amidst The Roman History
- Lake Como – A Retreat For The Poets
- Amalfi – A Pristine Honeymoon Haven
- Verona – Romeo And Juliet’s Paradise
- Monterosso Al Mare – Discover The Last Village
- Sicily – For A Memorable Honeymoon
- Umbria – Green Heart Of Italy
- Piedmont Region – Land Of Wines
- Positano – Fairytale Land
1. Venice – A Gondola Spell You Can’t Resist!
Popular all over the world, The Venetian gondola is what makes Venice shine brightest among the best Italian honeymoon destinations. It is, in fact, the most romantic thing to do on your honeymoon in Italy. While aboard, you cruise through city canals and glance at the stunning Italian architecture. Venice’s landscape and lifestyle still manage to flaunt the charm they had 600 years back. Venice is, no doubt, one of the best romantic places in Italy.
- Take a Gondola Serenade tour and sail past top tourist attractions of Venice, including Piazza San Marco and Grand Canal. This activity is unmissable if you are heading to Italy for honeymoon.
- Gorge on delicious Gelatos with your loved one
- Enjoy ballet and opera performances in the Theatre La Fenice from your gold balcony seats.
Best honeymoon stays in Venice: Rialto Unique Venice Experience is among the best four star properties in Venice. Costwise, it is among the less expensive hotels in Venice that are just beside a canal. Hotel Henry is our recommendation for budget travellers.
Best Market: Rialto market
How to reach: The nearest airport is Marco Polo international airport. Once you reach the airport, you can take a cab to reach the city center.
Nearest airport distance: 13 km
Best Time to visit: April, May, September, October
2. Florence – Intoxicating Beauty & Fine Wine
Best known for its Renaissance art and architecture, Florence is a part of top honeymoon destinations in Europe for its mesmerizing cityscape. Besides breathtaking beauty, Florence – the capital of Tuscany region is home to the world famous Tuscanian vineyards, making it among the best places in Italy for honeymoon. Come here to be intoxicated with Italy’s fine wine, spellbinding beauty, and the romance in the air. It is one of the magnificent Italian honeymoon destinations.
- Go on a bike ride from Florence to the countryside of Tuscany. Castles, vineyards, olive groves will greet you along the way. Don’t miss wine tasting for anything, this is indeed one of the best things to do in Italy.
- Visit Ponte Vecchio Bridge, where couples still follow the age old tradition of throwing keys over the bridge
- Watch the golden sunset from the Piazzale Michelangelo
Best honeymoon stays in Florence: Grand Hotel Cavour Firenze is a 13th century building turned into a four star hotel, five minutes walk away from Duomo di Firenze. Another romantic hotel is Hotel Villa Agape that offers Florentine-style villa rooms that spell magic.
Best Market: Sant’Ambrosio market
How to reach: The nearest airport is Amerigo Vespucci Airport. Once you reach the airport, you can take a cab to reach the city center.
Nearest airport distance: 8 km
Best Time to visit: May to September
3. Cilento – A Secret Hideout For Lovebirds
After two most famous honeymoon destinations in Italy, comes Cilento – one of the little known places to visit in Italy for honeymoon that is just right for a romantic escape with your partner. Thanks to its unperturbed scenic splendor and just a few tourists around, you can enjoy complete privacy here. Archeological remnants, glimmering coastline and hills form the landscape of Cilento.
- Lose yourselves in the ever enchanting Cilento and Vallo di Diano National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Go for boat tours to explore the treasures of Cilento and its vicinity
Best honeymoon stays in Cilento: If you like luxury, San Francesco Resort is a four-star resort with seaside view. BnB Villa Nigro Country House is our recommendation for a lovely stay, which is more homely and romantic.
Best Market: Cilento outlet
How to reach: The nearest airport is Naples international airport. Once you reach the airport, you can take a cab to reach the city center.
Best Time to visit: May and October
Suggested Read: 20 Unusual Honeymoon Destinations Not Meant For Ordinary Couples
4. Naples – Enjoy The Views And Pizzas
If your honeymoon in Italy doesn’t include a visit to the Naples, trust us, you will regret it. It has everything to sweep you both off your feet – a stunning volcano view, culinary brilliance, medieval structures, and a coastline that’ll make your heart skip a beat. From graffiti to frescoes, you’ll find music in everything when you’re in this Italian city. There are a lot of things to do in Naples on your honeymoon. It is one of the best romantic places to visit in Italy.
- Treat yourselves to the best pizzas in Italy, and the world in Naples. 50 Kalo and Pizzeria Fratelli Salvo are among the best pizzerias in Naples.
- Tour the historical landmarks of Pompeii and Vesuvius with your spouse by your side
- Take Tarantella dance lessons and tap your feet to the beat of peppy music. This dance form has been a part of Naples’ culture since the 17th century.
Best places to stay in Naples for honeymoon couples: Grand Hotel Vesuvio is a seaside five-star property, perfect for a romantic stay. Hotel Piazza Bellini is a three-star hotel is recommended in the mid-range option.
Best Market: Poggireale market
How to reach: The nearest airport is Naples municipal Airport. Once you reach the airport, you can take a cab to reach the city center.
Nearest airport distance: 4 miles
Best Time to visit: March to June
5. Capri Islands – A Dazzling Fairyland
Located on the Bay of Naples, Capri Islands is nature’s mystique playing with uptown glamour. Yes! From dramatic craggy landscapes to designer showrooms, Capri is the place that will never bore you. This is among the most romantic places in Italy, mainly because of Blue Grotto, a dark cavern where the sea glows due to the sunlight. For an Italy beach honeymoon, visit this place.
- Take the Blue Grotto tour with your special someone; the glowing caves make it look like a fairyland
- Sip on fancy cocktails on the Punta Carena Lighthouse, while watching the sun dipping beyond the sea
- Tour the highest point of the Capri Islands, Center of Anacapri – a quiet region, where lovebirds can enjoy complete privacy
Best honeymoon hotels in Capri Islands: Hotel Relais Maresca is a brilliant four star property on the seaside. Capri Wine Hotel(three star) is yet another fabulous place for the honeymooners.
Best Market: Via Camerelle
How to reach: The nearest airport is The Naples International Capodichino Airport. Once you reach the airport, you can take a cab to reach the city center.
Nearest airport distance: 36 km
Best Time to visit: April to June; September to October
Planning your honeymoon but confused about where to go? These honeymoon stories help you find your best honeymoon trip ever!
6. Rome – Take A Stroll Amidst The Roman History
Rome puts the ‘rom’ in romance, and thus a list of best honeymoon destinations in Italy seems incomplete without it. The capital of Italy is a mesh of glitz, glamor, and art forms that dig deep into the heart. The Eternal City, Rome displays the finest of Italian architecture; so fine you’ll lose your heart in its intricate details.
- Head to the Garden of Oranges to behold some of famous monuments of Rome with orange blossoming all around. Walk the garden, or go a little crazy with segway which is available for hire. Pincio Gardens is yet another romantic place with a lake, perfect for the newlyweds.
- Go museum hopping to admire the variety of art displayed at Vatican Museums, Galleria Borghese, and National Etruscan Museum
- Romance on the Ponte Sant’Angelo, or the Bridge of Angels while catching an unobstructive sight of Castel Sant’Angelo
Best hotels in Rome for honeymoon: River Palace Hotel is a four star property with brilliant Roman decor, and warm hospitality for your honeymoon vacations in Italy. For a little budgeted stay, Hotel Margaret (two star) will make you both feel at home.
Best Market: Campo De Fiori
How to reach: The nearest airport is Leonardo da Vinci airport. Once you reach the airport, you can take a cab to reach the city center.
Nearest airport distance: 26 km
Best Time to visit: April to May; September and November
7. Lake Como – A Retreat For The Poets
Among little-known tourist destinations in Italy, this is the place to be for both of you! On the foothills of Italian Alps, Lake Como sits quietly to mesmerize newlyweds who plan a honeymoon here. One of the most romantic places in Italy, the glacial lake looks like an inverted ‘Y’, and is one Europe’s deepest lakes. Besides nature’s grandeur, you’ll be captivated with Renaissance architecture of the region.
- Go bungee jumping and ziplining in Jungle Raider Park
- Romance in the century Botanic Gardens, enveloped by the lake
- Look for untold stories while exploring the 17th century Forte di Fuentes fortress
- Go for couple spa and adventures like kitesurfing, windsurfing, and sailing
Best honeymoon hotels near Lake Como: Located beside the Botanic Garden and lake, Hotel Villa Cipressi is a heritage property dating back to 15th century. This three star property is our recommendation for a romantic stay. Sheraton Lake Como Hotel, a four-star hotel, is ideal for a more fancy stay.
Best Market: Argegno local market
How to reach: The nearest airport is Milan Malpensa airport. Once you reach the airport, you can take a cab to reach the lake.
Nearest airport distance: 40 km
Best Time to visit: March to November
8. Amalfi – A Pristine Honeymoon Haven
Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Amalfi Coast in Amalfi has its charm elevated with dramatic cliffs that kiss the blue sea. Going beyond the sea, you’ll find woods flourishing. Watching the sunset in this town while savouring the delightful Italian cuisine in a quaint cafe is an unbeatable idea for a super romantic date on your honeymoon in Italy. It is undoubtedly one of the best honeymoon destinations in Italy.
- Visit Spiaggia di Laurito, a lesser-known cove beach, and don’t miss feasting at the local restaurant Da Adolfo while enjoying the views around
- Explore Arechi Castle, an eighth century marvel atop a hill that offers breathtaking views of Salerno city. There’s a museum inside, and it is also the venue for a lot of concerts.
- Hike the Trail of the Gods (Sentiero degli Dei), a 4-5 hour trail that takes you through villages, caves, and vineyards
Best hotels in Amalfi for honeymooners: Hotel Miramalfi is a seaside property with a four star rating, an ideal hideout for a honeymoon in Italy. Hotel Bellevue Suite (3 star) is recommended for the couples looking for a mid-budget accommodation that’s sea facing.
Best Market: Amalfi street market
How to reach: The nearest airport is Naples international airport. Once you reach the airport, you can take a cab to reach the lake.
Nearest airport distance: 4 miles
Best Time to visit: April to October
9. Verona – Romeo And Juliet’s Paradise
Verona’s popularity stems from being the setting for Shakespeare’s timeless love saga, Romeo and Juliet. If you are a literature lover, Verona will probably be at the top in this list of best honeymoon destinations in Italy. Hold your lover’s hand and head to Verona’s Arena to witness opera performances that are regarded among the most incredible in the world.
- Attend the Arena Opera Festival (June-September) to see some of best opera performances ever
- Enjoy the views of Ponte Pietro Bridge from Teatro Romano; Roman ruins dating back to 100 BC
- Visit Juliet’s Balcony that inspired one of Shakespeare’s finest works
Best hotels in Verona for newlyweds: Hotel Verona is a three star property rated among top romantic places to stay in Verona. Palazzo Victoria is the recommended for a luxurious affair.
Best Market: Flea market
How to reach: The nearest airport is Verona international airport. Once you reach the airport, you can take a cab to reach the lake.
Nearest airport distance: 16 km
Best Time to visit: May to October
10. Monterosso Al Mare – Discover The Last Village
A small town that leaves massive traces of its beauty on your heart, Monterosso al Mare is the most quaint stop among the best honeymoon destinations in Italy. It is the last village in Cinque Terre region of Italy. With your partner, go exploring both the old and the new town and move around admiring the many lemon trees, attractions like the castle and a church, and of course the azure shoreline.
- Wander through the Monterosso al Mare Convent, a 1600 Capuchin-styled structure
- Frolick with the waves together at the magnificent beach
- Glance at the immaculate work of architecture at the St. John Church
Where to stay in Monterosso al Mare on your honeymoon: Albergo Al Carugio and Hotel Ristorante Porto Roca are two of most romantic places in Italy’s Monterosso al Mare for stay. Go for the latter if you are looking a luxurious stay.
Best Market: Monterosso local market
How to reach: The nearest airport is located in Genoa. Once you reach the airport, you can take a train to reach the place.
Nearest airport distance: 91 km
Best Time to visit: September and October
11. Sicily – For A Memorable Honeymoon
Make your honeymoon a memorable one by heading to Sicily with your beloved. From marvellous castles to stunning islands, this region in Italy has everything which will make your honeymoon terrific for sure. This region is praised by many poets and is located in the heart of the Mediterranean. Go click some intagrammable pictures on your honeymoon in Sicily, which is counted among the most popular honeymoon destinations in Italy.
- Go try the Mediterranean flavors and delectable cakes.
- Plan your wedding reception in Taormina, Sicily if you want to have fresh sea food and want a wedding with the view of the mesmerizing sea.
Where to stay in Sicily on your honeymoon: Hotel Ariston, The Ashbee Hotel
Best Market: Ballaro market
How to reach: The nearest airport is Catania-Fontanarossa airport. Once you reach the airport, you can take a train to reach the place.
Nearest airport distance: 111 km
Best Time to visit: May to June; September and October
Suggested Read: DO NOT Leave For Europe Without Packing These 8 Things
12. Umbria – Green Heart Of Italy
Umbria is tagged as the green heart of Italy and is one of the most serene Italy honeymoon destinations. This panoramic region is sitting in the heart of Rome and Tuscany. It is the world’s largest and most beautiful gardens in the world that never fails to impress. The lack of crowds, unexplored corners, diverse landscapes, and untouched beauty makes this destination one of its kind. The incredible architecture of this spot is truly cherishable.
- Pay a visit to the Basilica of San Francesco d’Assisi. This hillside church adorns beautiful medieval art.
- Go for rafting in the beautiful Marmore Falls. The beauty of this destination will leave one speechless.
Best honeymoon stays in Umbria: For the luxury lovers, they can consider Villa di Piazzano. While budget travelers can consider La Galleria.
Best Market: Bastia Umbra
How to reach: After reaching Tuscany, one can take the road to Umbria. This is the best way to reach this destination.
Nearest airport distance: 21 km
Best Time to visit: September and October
13. Piedmont Region – Land Of Wines
One of the largest mountainous regions of the northwest corner of Italy, Piedmont Region has found itself in the list of all the best honeymoon spots in Italy. This mountain range is surrounded by the Alps on all three sides and is famed for the Barolo and Barbera wines and white chocolate. Once the capital of Duchy of Savoy, this countryside has its floors covered in magnificent castles, elegant palaces, and the vast velvety vineyards. The Baroque architecture of these structures in this region leaves every traveler and spectator in awe.
- Stroll around the serene and beautiful vineyards. The tranquility hidden in these is something truly unmatchable.
- Explore the island of Isola Bella. This tiny island has its grounds full of beautiful palaces and gardens.
Best honeymoon stays in Piedmont Region: Fiocco Di Neve Relais And Spa is the most luxurious hotel of this region. The budget hotel is the Hotel Torino Porta Susa.
Best Market: Alessandria flea market, Asti flea market
How to reach: Piedmont is home to Caselle airport that has regular flights from the major cities of Italy.
Nearest airport distance: N/A
Best Time to visit: June to August
14. Positano – Fairytale Land
One of the most picturesque towns that look right out of a fairytale, Positano is one of the top honeymoon destinations in Italy that takes away the breath of travelers. The cobbled streets of this destination are lined with houses that have the colors so bright that it makes one’s jaws drop till the ground. The beauty, serenity, and the magic of this destination is unmatchable, which makes it a perfect Italy honeymoon. From local art galleries to churches, this artistic town is a must-visit for each and every couple.
- For couples who seek to get their adrenaline rush up high can definitely consider engaging in kayaking and snorkeling. This experience would be something to cherish forever.
- For those who are not into adventures can just rent a beach chair, order themselves a tropical cocktail, and simply soak under the Italian sun.
- Hike along the Amalfi Coast and satiate that need for a thrill.
Best honeymoon stays in Positano: There are many luxurious hotels in Positano with Hotel Villa France being the best of them. For budget travelers, they can consider La Malisosa D’Arienzo.
Best Market: Alimentari Di Giovanni De Lucia
How to reach: The best way to reach this destination is by taking a bus or ferry from Sorrento. You can reach Sorrento by taking a local train from Naples.
Nearest airport distance: 60 km
Best Time to visit: May to September
Imagine a destination that takes you amidst white villages, turquoise waters, and baroque architecture. This is exactly what Puglia in Italy will offer you on your honeymoon. Puglia is one of the best honeymoon spots in Italy. One of the hidden gems of Italy, this place offers exquisite locations with amazing views. Located in south Italy, Puglia is the perfect choice of honeymoon as it offers quaint, peaceful, and vibrant setting.
- Relaxing walk along the beaches with your partner while holding hands
- Trying out different kinds of seafood in some of the most amazing restaurants
- Indulge in couple’s massages and spas for a relaxing and rejuvenating experience
Best honeymoon stays in Puglia: Borgo Egnazia is a good option when it comes to luxury hotels. For budget hotels you can consider Hotel Belvedere
Best Market: Mercato di Vieste
How to reach: The airport in Puglia which is well connected to other international destinations is the Karol Wojtyla Airport in Bari. Take a flight till here and from here you can hire a cab to move around.
Nearest Airport distance: 71 Kms
Best Time to visit: October
Sardinia is one of the best places if you are thinking of going for a summer honeymoon. Sardinia is an island that is located in the Tyrrhenian Sea and is one of the best Italian honeymoon locations. This honeymoon destination combines the best of beach, culture, and food and packs everything in a box labeled as honeymoon. If you are looking for a peaceful environment to spend your honeymoon without the hoard of tourists, you should choose Sardinia as your Italian honeymoon destination. It is one of the best honeymoon destinations in Italy offering sandy beaches, and gorgeous bays.
- Try amazing seafood in Sardinia
- Long walks on sugar sand beaches, and play with your partner in bright blue water
- Sardinia is home to some of the UNESCO heritage sites a tour of which will take down the history of this place
Best honeymoon stays in Sardinia: El Faro Hotel and Spa, Hotel Riviera
Best Market: San Benedetto market
How to reach: You can take a flight to Olbia Costa Smeralda Airport in Olbia. From there you can board a bus to reach Sardinia.
Nearest Airport distance: 143 Kms
Best Time to visit: April to May
Suggested Read: Italy In April: A Sunny Slice Of Heaven
17. Cinque Terre
A lovely village with colorful and narrow streets, and beautiful buildings; some of the things that sets Cinque Terre apart from other cities of Italy. While the streets are narrow, the area is charming and full of excitement. The area is very well known for its five hamlets; Riomaggiore, Manarola, Vernazza, Monterosso al Mare, and Manarola. The town can easily be covered on foot or you can book a car to move around. This is one of the best honeymoon destinations in Italy.
- Boat Tours with your loving partner
- Plan a visit to the Parco Nazionale Cinque Terre; one of the national parks in Italy
- Paragliding in Monterosso with your partner
Best honeymoon stays in Cinque Terre: NH La Spezia,; Hotel Mary
Best Market: Market in La Spezia
How to reach: You can catch a flight to Pisa Airport which is the nearest airport to Cinque Terre. From there various modes of transportation are available.
Nearest Airport distance: 73 Kms
Best Time to visit: September and October
Whether you’re looking for budget or luxury or best honeymoon destinations in Italy, this list of the best honeymoon places in Italy will always come in handy. So, why wait? Get packed, plan your honeymoon in Italy with TravelTriangle and start planning a trip to the most romantic places in Italy! Don’t forget to take your polaroids as Italy has some of the most beautiful spots where you can click pictures.
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Honeymoon Destinations In Italy
A. Yes, Italy is absolutely amazing for planning a honeymoon to. With so many honeymoon destinations in Italy from Venice to Florida and Lake Como to Naples, Italy is your ideal honeymoon destination.
A. There is not one but many romantic places in Italy. Alassio Lake como, Florida and Venice are some of the most romantic places in Italy and something that you must not miss.
A. The best time to visit Italy is from April to June when it is spring in the destination or from September to November, which is the fall season. The weather is pleasant and temperatures moderate which makes exploring the place a fun activity.
A. There are many things you can shop for in Italy. Borsalino hats, leather bags, wine, artisan chocolates, shoes, accessories and ceramics are some of the popular things that you can shop for in Italy
A. Visiting Italy can be expensive. It all depends on what all activities you want to indulge in, what kind of hotel you want to stay at and where you want to eat.
A. The best months to visit Italy is June and July. However, the cheapest month to fly to Italy is February.
A. Dresses, shorts, tops, pants, jackets, trousers and swimwear are some of the things that you can wear in Italy.
A. Like every European country, Italy is pretty safe. Tourists will never be bothered by safety concerns. In fact, Italy is ranked 34th on the ranking of world’s safest countries.
People also read: