It takes more than just the physical location of a state to be called the Heart of India. Madhya Pradesh tourism justifies the title of Hindustan ka Dil with the state’s grand forts, varying topography, exhilarating wildlife, numerous caves & rock structures, and myriad temples. But the huge state that MP is, it is almost impossible to cover it in one trip.
Thus, planning for tourist circuit in Madhya Pradesh seems a better idea. Have a look at these most popular MP tours before you plan a holiday in the central state of the country.
Madhya Pradesh Tourism Map
Here is a map for Madhya Pradesh tourism.
Best time to visit Madhya Pradesh
October to March is the best time to visit Madhya Pradesh. During these winter months the average temperature ranges between 5° Celsius and 27° Celsius.
The most appropriate time for visiting a place differs for everyone and thus can last round the year. If you are considering various essential aspects then weather is one of the most vital factors which can lay an impact on your travel. Madhya Pradesh is acknowledged as hot so it is advisable to carry warm clothes with you.
4 Best Tourist Circuits In Madhya Pradesh
The best tourist circuits in Madhya Pradesh is what makes it stand out owing to splendour and radiance of temples, forts, stupas and hill stations. Check out the following lists for an idea about the tourist circuits.
1. Route: Sanchi – Bhopal – Bhojpur – Bhimbetka – Pachmarhi
Of all the tourist circuits in Madhya Pradesh, this tour lets you explore the various colors of the state. Regardless of your nature of visit – honeymoon, family tour, or a trip with friends – to the central state of India, you will surely be mesmerised. There are caves, temples, historical monuments, lakes, and waterfalls that are covered in this MP tour.
- Bhojpur: Bhojeshwar Temple, unfinished Jain temple containing a 6-meter-tall statue of Bhagwan Shantinath with statues of Bhagwan Parshvanath & Bhagwan Suparshvanath on either side, Parvati cave, and remains of Bhoja’s Royal Palace
- Bhimbetka: Rock-cut Bhimbetka caves that are among the popular caves in India
- Pachmarhi: Dhupgarh, Panar pani, Chauragarh, Sangam, Jatashankar & Mahadeo Caves, and Apsara Vihar
Ideal tour duration: 5 nights 6 days
Average package cost: INR 23,000 per person (with stay in 3-star properties on twin-sharing basis)
How to reach:
- By rail: Sanchi has its own railway station.
- By air: Raja Bhoj International Airport (Bhopal), located 56 km from Sanchi, is the nearest international airport.
2. Route: Gwalior – Shivpuri – Orchha – Khajuraho
If you wish to cover the most popular tourist places in Madhya Pradesh, you must take this tour. The history buffs, in particular, will love the visit to the some of the best monuments of the MP tourism that the trip has to offer.
- Gwalior: Gwalior Fort, Mansingh Palace, Tansen Tomb, Tiger Dam, Gopachal Parvat, Sun Temple, Sas Bahu Temples, Jai Vilas Palace, Scindia Museum, and Madhav National Park
- Khajuraho: Ajaigarh Fort, Panna National Park, Beni Sagar Dam, Archeological Museum, and temples of Kandariya Mahadev, Parsvanath, Visvanath, Devi Jagadamba, Vamana, Duladeo, Chitragupta, and Bijamandala
- Shivpuri: Chhatri, Madhav National Park, Madhav Vilas Palace, Panihar, and Bhadaiya Kund
- Orchha: Orchha Fort, Raja Ram Temple, Raja Mahal, Jahangir Mahal, Chaturbhuj Temple, Orchha Wildlife Sanctuary, Palki Mahal, and Dinman Hardaul’s Palace
Ideal tour duration: 3 nights 4 days
Average package cost: INR 10,000 per person (with stay in 3-star properties on twin-sharing basis)
How to reach:
- By rail: Gwalior Junction is the nearest railway head.
- By air: Gwalior also has a domestic airport – Rajmata Vijaya Raje Scindia Air Terminal.
3. Route: Jabalpur – Bhedaghat – Mandla – Kanha – Bandhavgarh
This popular circuit of MP tourism is a delight for the nature lovers. Travelers can have the best wildlife experience in India with the Kanha national park and the Bandhavgarh national park. The white marble caves & the splendid Dhuandhar waterfall of Bhedaghat and the tourist attractions of Mandla & Jabalpur only add to the wonderful experience of this MP tour.
- Jabalpur: Bargi Dam, Madan Mahal Fort, Dumna Nature Reserve, Rani Durgavati Memorial & Museum, and Pisan Hari Jain Temple
- Bhedaghat: White marble rocks, Dhuandhar Waterfall, and Chausath Yogini Temple
- Mandla: Mandla Fort, Shah Burj, and Jay Stambha
- Kanha: Kanha National Park & Tiger Reserve
- Bandhavgarh: Bandhavgarh National Park, Shesh Shaiya, Bari Gufa, Three Cave Point, Rajbahera, Climber’s Point, and Chenchpur Waterfall
Ideal tour duration: 6 nights 7 days
Average package cost: INR 33,000 per person (with stay in 3-star properties on twin-sharing basis)
How to reach:
- By rail: Jabalpur Junction is the nearest railway head.
- By air: Dumna domestic airport in Jabalpur is the nearest airport.
Planning your holiday but confused about where to go? These travel stories help you find your best trip ever!
4. Route: Indore – Ujjain – Maheshwar – Omkareshwar – Mandu
This popular tour lets you explore the religious side of MP tourism. The popular temple towns of Madhya Pradesh are covered in this circuit. In addition to the religious centres, the popular Madhya Pradesh tour also covers the tourist sites of Indore & Mandu.
- Indore: Lal Bagh Palace, Central Museum, Patalpani Waterfall, Ralamandal Wildlife Sanctuary, Tincha Waterfall, and Indore White Church
- Mandu: Jahaaz Mahal, Hindola Mahal, Rupmati’s Pavilion, Nilkanth’s Palace, Rewa Kund, Bagh Caves, Hoshang Shah’s Tomb, and Rupayan Museum
- Ujjain: Shri Mahakaleshwar Temple, Ram Ghat, Kal Bhairav Temple, Jantar Mantar, Kalideh Palace, and Vikram Kirti Mandir Museum
- Omkareshwar: Shri Omkareshwar Jyotirlinga & Temple, Mamleshwar Temple, Kajal Rani Cave, Siddhant Temple, and idols of 24 Avatars
- Maheshwar: Holkar Fort, Rajwada, Jaleshwar Temple, Narmada Ghat, and Ahilyeshwar Temple
Ideal tour duration: 4 nights 5 days
Average package cost: INR 12,500 per person (with stay in 3-star properties on twin-sharing bais)
How to reach:
- By rail: Indore Junction is the nearest railway head.
- By air: Indore also has the Devi Ahilyabai Holkar International Airport.
Which of these MP tours are you planning next? Take a tour of Madhya Pradesh and share your experiences with us. These were some of the marvels and best tourist circuits in Madhya Pradesh which will surely charm your spirits. Madhya Pradesh will essentially enliven your senses by giving you relaxing and comforting getaway from your monotonous stressful life.
For our editorial codes of conduct and copyright disclaimer, please click here.
Looking To Book An International Holiday?