The choice of a perfect honeymoon destination has always been a tough one to make. Nonetheless, let us try and figure out the destination together. What do you want? Memorable adventure activities? Check. Magical scenery? Let us give you a blend of desert landscapes & barren valleys with a few green patches. And resort hotels? We assure you of their abundance should you choose a honeymoon in Jordan.
The romantic places in Jordan, together with the plenty of activities & romantic stay options, make for a wonderful romantic vacay. And this honeymoon guide will further assist you in planning your holiday in Jordan.
Romantic things to do in Jordan for the couples
1. Snorkeling and scuba diving in Aqaba
Watersports are adventurous, no doubt. But when you get a chance to explore the beauty of the sub-marine life and explore the shipwrecks with your beloved, it is hard to doubt the romantic quotient attached to it. Such is the case with the Red Sea near Aqaba where couples on their honeymoon in Jordan can indulge in a variety of watersports.
Romantic watersports in Aqaba: Snorkeling past the coral reefs of the Red Sea, deep sea diving in the blue waters, fishing, and glass-bottom boating
2. Glamping in Wadi Rum
With glamping in Wadi Rum, one gets to experience desert camping & dining under the stars with the Bedouins. And when you get to experience the same with your significant special by your side, the romance meter reaches new heights.
Other romantic things to do in Wadi Rum: Watching traditional music & dance performances, riding horse & /
or camel, trekking, and going for jeep safaris
3. Hiking through Dana Biosphere Reserve
Dana Biosphere Reserve – the largest in Jordan – allows the honeymooners to experience the wilderness. A canyon trail leads to the Siq – the main entrance to the ancient Nabatean city of Petra in southern Jordan – after passing several Nabatean tombs. This blend of ancient ruins and natural landscape creates a romantic aura for the couples on a Jordan honeymoon.
4. Driving on the King’s Highway
Couples can go for a scenic drive on the King’s Highway, winding through the Wadi Wala valley and up to the castles of Shawbak & Karak. The views are spectacular as the path takes the couples on their Jordan honeymoon past a few green patches in the otherwise dry valleys.
As a matter of fact, a road trip is the best option for sightseeing and witnessing the best of Jordan. This even includes the age-old historical & religious sites of Jordan.
5. Walking hand-in-hand through the ancient ruins and religious places
Jordan is replete with ancient places that are of historical as well as religious significance. Taking a tour of these sites with your beloved is, undoubtedly, one of the most romantic things to do in Jordan. Some of the major places that you should not miss are:
- Amman; for its Roman Theater, Temple of Hercules, King Abdullah I Mosque, Umayyad Palace, and other amazing places to visit in Amman
- Jerash; for its well-preserved Greco-Roman ruins
- Bethany Beyond the Jordan; for its importance as the place where Jesus was baptized
- Petra; for the UNESCO world heritage site of Al-Khazneh and other sites of Petra caves in Jordan
- Mount Nebo; for its mention in the Hebrew Bible as the place where Moses was granted a view of the Promised Land
And why just stop at the sightseeing tours of the sites of historical & religious importance when there are many more romantic places in Jordan! Have a look for yourself.
Suggested Read: 8 Best Things To Do In Jordan To Make The Most Of Your Trip
Other romantic places in Jordan
We have already mentioned about the ancient ruins of Amman. But the country’s capital has a lively other side too for the couples to explore on their honeymoon in Jordan. What we are talking about is the terrific nightlife of Amman. Nightclubs, discs, and shisha lounges are very common in the bustling capital city. There are also shopping malls, open-air marketplaces called souks, and terrace cafes that the couples can visit.
In fact, the list of things to do in Amman goes on and on. Make sure that you spend ample time in Amman during your Jordan honeymoon.
Planning your honeymoon but confused about where to go? These honeymoon stories help you find your best honeymoon trip ever!
Real honeymooners. Real stays. Real opinions to help you make the right choice.
2. Umm Qais
The only green town in the otherwise barren nation is bound to be a part of your Jordan honeymoon itinerary. It offers sweeping views of Yarmouk River, Lake Tiberias, and Golan Heights. Moreover, its early morning chill & twilight beauty makes it one of the best places in Jordan for couples. And there are also the ruins of the Decapolis city of Gadara located here that must not be missed.
3. Dead Sea
Though not romantic in absolute sense, Dead Sea continues to attract couples on their honeymoon in Jordan because of the thrill of floating in its hyper-saline water. This lowest point on Earth, however, also has a rich aquamarine life and mineral-rich mud used for therapeutic treatments. Plus, there are plenty of romantic beach resorts around the coastal road.
And this brings us to our next section – the most romantic places to stay on a honeymoon in Jordan.
Jordan honeymoon resorts
1. Seven Wonders Hotel, Wadi Musa (near Petra)
Tariff per night: INR 3,000 onwards
2. Wadi Rum Night Luxury Camp, Wadi Rum
Tariff per night: INR 9,000 onwards
Other camp stays in Wadi Rum: Sun City Camp, Rahayeb Desert Camp, Bait Ali Lodge, and Bedouin Lifestyle Camp
3. Kempinski Hotel Ishtar, Dead Sea
Tariff per night: INR 13,500 onwards
Here’re some of the other popular hotels and resorts in Jordan:
- Budget hotels in Jordan: Petra Palace Hotel (Petra), The Amman Pasha Hotel (Amman), Alcazar Hotel (Aqaba), and Mosaic City Hotel (Madaba)
- 4 star hotels in Jordan: Dead Sea Spa Hotel (Dead Sea), Petra Panorama Hotel (Petra), Warwick IL Palazzo Amman Hotel (Amman), and Oryx Hotel (Aqaba)
- 5 star hotels in Jordan: Hilton Dead Sea Resort & Spa (Dead Sea), Petra Marriott Hotel (Wadi Musa, Petra), InterContinental Amman (Amman), and Radisson Blu Tala Bay Resort (Aqaba)
For a better honeymoon experience
- Best time to visit Jordan: March to May is the perfect time to visit Jordan. The days are pleasantly warm and the nights are cool. However, it is during September to February that the Aqaba & Red Sea region is at its best. So, plan accordingly.
- Getting in Jordan: Amman and Aqaba have the major airports that are well-connected with other cities of the world.
- Getting around Jordan: Buses, taxis, and rented cars are available for inter-city travel.
- Ideal duration: 6 Nights 7 Days
- Package cost: INR 90,000 per person; inclusive of flights
- Travel Tips
- Be considerate of the customs, traditions, religion, and culture of the country.
- Dress modestly. Cover from shoulders to knees, especially while entering holy places.
- Do not touch or interfere with ancient ruins, relics, etc.
- Bottled water, though available, is discouraged for environmental purposes. Instead, fill a reusable water bottle with filtered water.
- During the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan, drinking, eating, or smoking is not permitted during daylight hours. However, you can do so in your hotels.
- We recommend you to buy locally made goods and art products.
Further Read: Top 7 Reasons To Visit Jordan Right Now
Still looking for reasons to go for a honeymoon in Jordan? Well, probably this next blog would be able to answer that. Looking To Book Your Honeymoon Package? Book memorable honeymoon on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.