Corbett’s wilderness is intriguing – leopards and tigers call it home, birds live in peace, locals enjoy the greenery, and tourists find the nature therapeutic. This 2-day getaway is thrilling as well as relaxing. But in case you’re planning an extended and exciting vacation, we suggest escaping to beautiful places to visit near Jim Corbett National Park.
Some of these places are secret hideouts where you can rejuvenate, while the popular ones like Nainital are good for a light family vacation. If you are planning a week long vacation in Uttarakhand, do visit these awesome places new Jim Corbett.
1. Sattal – Where seven interconnected lakes await
The town of seven interconnected freshwater lakes has been aptly names Sattal. Centered around thick woodland, the town is a haven for migratory birds, which makes it one of the best places near Jim Corbett to visit for bird lovers. And the town is quite a popular tourist place in Uttarakhand, therefore finding good places to stay and eat is easy.
Distance from Jim Corbett National Park: 123 km (3 hours and 40 minutes)
Attractions in Sattal:
- Boat ride or kayaking in the lake during sunset
- Trekking through the woods
2. Lansdowne – British glory sprinkled on nature’s potpourri
The cantonment town of Lansdowne is a laid-back scenic spot, one of most beautiful places to visit near Jim Corbett National Park. It was named after the viceroy of India during the British era. The town still offers colonial glimpses in the local structures, but still, there aren’t a number of tourist attractions. There are a handful – spectacular sights with some interesting activities.
Over the past few years, Lansdowne has emerged as a popular place to visit with friends and enjoy the night with bonfire and barbecue. It is one of the loveliest places to visit near Jim Corbett and is quite close from Delhi for a weekend getaway.
Distance from Jim Corbett National Park: 132 km (4 hours)
Attractions in Lansdowne:
- Boating on Bhulla Lake, which is one of most relaxing and picturesque places to visit in Lansdowne
- Nature walks, bird-watching, and camping are some of best things to do in Lansdowne
- The iconic St. Mary’s Church
3. Rishikesh – The Adventure Capital of India
Rishikesh came into limelight as one of Hinduism’s most sacred settlements. Then, the city took a giant leap to please the adventure-junkies, and today Rishikesh is referred to as the Adventure Capital of India. Activities like bungee jumping and river rafting in Rishikesh are the reason it is one of the most visited places near Jim Corbett.
It is equally attracting for spiritual seekers, as there are many ashrams where you can stay for a few days for a minimal charge and enjoy the serenity of the place.
Distance from Jim Corbett National Park: 142 km (4 hours)
Attractions in Rishikesh:
- River rafting, bungee jumping, mountain biking, and camping are some of most famous things to do in Rishikesh
- Famous Hindu spots like Triveni Ghat, Geeta Bhavan, Kunjapuri Temple and Rishi Kund
- Beatles Ashram, which was visited by the band Beatles is now among top places to visit in Rishikesh
4. Nainital – The city with a pear-shaped lake
One of the most famous hill-stations in India, Nainital allures with its pear-shaped lake, where you can go boating anytime throughout the day, sunsets however are the most beautiful. Set aside sunrise plans for Snow View Point, the highest peak of Uttarakhand. The vista weaved by rolling clouds and soaring peaks make it one of the most beautiful places to visit near Jim Corbett National Park.
With all important amenities, abundance of nature’s beauty, and plenty of things to do in Nainital, it is also a good place to plan a small vacation with kids.
Distance from Jim Corbett National Park: 151 km (4 hours)
Attractions in Nainital:
- Boat ride on Naini Lake, which is among the famous places to visit in Nainital
- Vantage points like Snow View Point and Tiffin Top
- Ropeway ride on your trip to Nainital
5. Bhimtal – A quaint hill-station with an aquarium on an islet
Just 20 km away from Nainital, Bhimtal too is known for its lake and the dam built on it. A small islet on the lake has an aquarium, which is a popular tourist attraction here. Even though it’s just an hour’s drive away from Nainital it is less crowded and more peaceful, if that’s what you seek. There aren’t many fancy resorts, but nature and warm hospitality of the locals make up for almost everything else.
Distance from Jim Corbett National Park: 165 km (4 hours)
Attractions in Bhimtal:
- Boat ride and fishing on Bhimtal Lake
- Paragliding, rock climbing, and rappelling are among most famous things to do in Bhimtal
- Butterfly Research Centre, India’s fourth-largest butterfly and moth reference collection
6. Naukuchiatal – Hosting the famous artistic festival
The lake of five corners, that’s what Naukuchiatal means. The lake in this city is the deepest of all lakes in the region and is fringed with paddocks and terraced fields. A walk along the verdant shore of the lake is indeed a rejuvenating affair to experience.
Not just peace, Naukuchiatal also happens to be a treasure trove of various adventure activities, and thus today it is listed among best places to visit in Uttarakhand.
Distance from Jim Corbett National Park: 170 km (4 hours and 20 minutes)
Attractions in Naukuchiatal:
- Escape Festival of Art & Music, a festival held to provide platforms to various artists
- Naukuchiatal Lake
- Adventure activities like parasailing, paragliding, and boating
7. Ranikhet – As precious as a queen’s jewel
One of the most romantic honeymoon places in Uttarakhand, Ranikhet is a little town sitting pretty in the Himalayas. Home to one of India’s best 9-hole hill golf courses, it opens a wide world of activities and experiences. Here you have both tranquility and hustle bustle greeting you. The city area is energetic, while military area is famed for peace. Whichever you like, you can sneak out to that spot and have a good time.
Distance from Jim Corbett National Park: 180 km (5 hours)
Attractions in Ranikhet:
- Golf Ground Ranikhet, one of India’s best 9-hole hill golf courses
- Trek from Chaubatia Orchards to Holm Farm
- Fishing around Bhalu Dam
8. Dhanachuli – An escape into extraordinary
One of the offbeat places to visit near Jim Corbett National Park, the small village will steal your heart with its apple orchards, and of course it’s experiential retreats like Te Aroha. While thick clouds and verdant woods make for a scenic panorama, popular retreats strive to offer warm hospitality and a comfortable stay.
Distance from Jim Corbett National Park: 194 km (5 hours and 20 minutes)
Attractions in Dhanachuli:
- Chauli ki Jali, the former-background for wars between goddess and demons
- Bhaalu Gaad Waterfalls
9. Mukteshwar – Hundred points on divinity
Mukteshwar’s coniferous forests and orchards will have you humming Hallelujah. Popping in this lush vista are red-roofed houses, complementing the Himalayan landscape. The brilliance of British architecture too is embraced in many edifices like the Indian Veterinary Research Institute. Alongside the mentioned attributes, Hindu shrines and local retreats sculpt it to be among refreshing weekend destinations from Delhi.
Distance from Jim Corbett National Park: 197 km (5 hours and 30 minutes)
- Activities like paragliding, camping, and rappelling are among the top things to do in Mukteshwar
- Mukteshwar Temple at hill-top
10. Kausani – Landscape as beautiful as Switzerland’s
Kausani is the best among lesser-explored rejuvenating camping locations near Delhi. It’s believed that the panorama of this village is strikingly similar to that of Switzerland and its scenic charm is captivating. Besides camping, bird-watching and lovely tea estates can also be your reasons to visit Kausani. It is one of most recommended places to visit around Jim Corbett.
Distance from Jim Corbett National Park: 240 km (7 hours)
Attractions in Kausani:
- Camping under the starlit sky
- Birdwatching; expect to spot Grey Winged Blackbird, Great Hornbill, and peacock
- Rappelling, rock climbing, and mountain biking are some of most famous things to do in Kausani
Suggested Read: Go Mountain Biking In India For A Thrilling Himalayan Adventure
Even a week-long vacation will fall short to explore all the listed places to visit near Jim Corbett National Park. But indeed it will be worth it!