A picturesque village in Kullu, sitting on the banks of River Parvati, Kasol is one of the most happening destinations in the whole of North India. Known as “Heaven’s Getaway” Kasol is loved for its scenic beauty, amazing landscapes, pleasant environment and interesting culture. Cocooned in the lap of mother nature, at an altitude of 1640 meters, Kasol is a huge crowd puller and a backpacker’s destination. The place is also a sojourn for nature lovers looking for an escape in the middle of lush green forests and soothing views.
Camping in Kasol is a fun-filled activity that has been a tradition over the years. Known as the “Amsterdam of India”, Kasol gives you plenty of opportunities to awaken your inner adventure wanderer and rediscover yourself. Surrounded by valleys and hills, this hamlet is also a perfect base for trekking and hiking. The salubrious climate and timeless beauty of nature makes this places a traveller’s delight.
About Camping In Kasol Himachal Pradesh
Kasol is one of the most beautiful places in the district Kullu, Himachal Pradesh. One of the major attractions here is the thundering River Parvati, which originates from the ManTalai Glacier, gushes through the Parvati Valley and finally cracks into the Beas River near Kullu. The site of the sparkling river meandering through the snow-dusted mountains is definitely soul-soothing.
Weather In Kasol
Known as the Mini Israel of Himachal Pradesh, Kasol is one of the best places to visit round the year. However, the absolute time to visit Kasol is different for different travellers. For instance
- Winters: November to February is the perfect time to indulge in the natural beauty of this place. During this period the entire Parvati Valley is covered with a thick layer of white snow. The pleasant weather during these months further makes this place best for newlyweds. Siping a cup of coffee at the riverside cafes amidst clean glacier rivers and snowy mountains with your beloved partner is a joy to behold.
- Summers: During the months from March to June, its summer in Kasol with temperature ranging between 15 to 20 degree celsius. Tourists from different parts of the world visit Kasol during these months for trekking, camping and hiking. March to June is undeniably the best time for camping in Kasol. There are lots of DJ parties and music fests as well during this period, making it an ideal destination for party and music lovers.
- Monsoon: From July to September, there are heavy chances of road blockages and floods in different towns of Kasol due to landslides and rainfall. While it may sound absolutely romantic setting amidst lush greenery – it is not. Hence, it is not recommended to visit this place during these months.
Average Price For Camping In Kasol
The price varies depending on various parameters like the duration, season, number of adventure activities and of course the camping site you choose. Almost all the prices offered by the camping sites in Kasol are different. For example, some camping sites charge you starting from INR 800/- and it can go up to around INR 6,000 to INR 7,000/- or even beyond. Besides, the price of camping in Kasol, there are travelling expenses as well to reach Kasol from either air, train or bus.
7 Best Camping Sites In Kasol
Looking for the best camping in Kasol, Himachal Pradesh? Camping in Kasol is ideal for people looking for an adventure filled vacation without burning a hole in their pocket. Camping is indeed the best way to escape from the city nuisances and reconnect with nature once in a while. We have gathered a few information about some of the best camping sites in Kasol for a fun-filled vacation.
- Kabila Camps
- Parvati View Riverside Camps
- Orchard Camps
- Jalpa Camps
- Parvati Wood Camps
- Mahadev River View Camps
- Aman Camps
1. Kabila Camps
Situated alongside River Parvati and in the midst of rolling mountains, Kabila Camps is one of the favorites camping sites among the tourists travelling to Kasol. From a Swiss tent to traditional one, all the camping packages offered by Kabila Camps are affordable. You also have the privilege of customising the packages as per your budget. This scenic campsite will let you lose yourself to nature’s soothing vibes and de-stress yourself. This is one of the best camps in Kasol.
Location: 4 km from Kasol Town and 6 km from Gurudwara Manikaran Sahib
Amenities: Garden, Free Wi-Fi, Bike rentals, Local tours, Taxi services, On-site cafe and Tour desk
Activities: Camping, Trekking and Paragliding
Price: Starting from INR 1,800 to INR 6,000/-
Suggested Read: Kasol In Winter: A Winter Journey In 2021-22!
2. Parvati View Riverside Camps
Whether you are in pursuit of adrenaline-pumping activities like hiking or looking for a comfortable stay amidst natural settings, Parvati View Riverside Camps is the best option to choose. You can find a range of comfortable and affordable tents alongside River Parvati to enjoy blissful vacation like never before! Be assured of well-maintained tents and of course good food options here.
Location: Near Shanti cafe, Challal, Kasol, Himachal Pradesh
Amenities: On-site cafe, Garden, Hot spring bath, Free Parking and Barbeque
Activities: Hiking and lots of evening entertainment activities
Price: Starting from INR 2,000/-
3. Orchard Camps
Tucked away from all the city chaos, Orchard Camps is an ultimate destination to relax yourself and get lost into the soothing rhythm of the flowing waters of River Parvati. Surrounded by mighty hills and blessed with a surreal environment, this campsite will let you breathe fresh air and indulge in the best experiences including hiking and sightseeing.
Location: 5 minutes’ walk from Kasol main market, just next to Gurudwara Manikaran Sahib.
Amenities: Hot spring bath, Garden, Seating area,
Activities: Sightseeing and Hiking
Price: Starting from INR 2,000/-
Suggested Read: 8 Homestays In Kasol That Will Take You A Step Closer To Nature
Planning your holiday but confused about where to go? These travel stories help you find your best trip ever!
4. Jalpa Camps
Offering peaceful escape into the magical realm of nature, Jalpa Camps is one of the camps to stay in Kasol. The camp serves awesome taste-bud gratifying vegetarian food that will tempt you to come back here again and again. This is among the most popular camps in Kasol. The mesmerising views of the hilly mountain ranges along with the gurgling sound of the water streams are a sight to behold.
Location: Choj, 2 km from Kasol city center
Amenities: Pet-friendly, Hot spring bath, In-house restaurant, Outdoor dining area, Safety lockers and 24-hour front desk and free Wi-Fi
Activities: Hiking, Bike tours, Cycling, Fishing and Walking tours
Price: Starting from INR 800/-
5. Parvati Wood Camps
Are you looking for a home in the woods, away from the hustles of city life? If yes, the Parvati Wood Camp is surely an awesome place for camping in Kasol. These comfortable wood camps are located at a walkable distance from the main town and offer the perfect vibe of Kasol! Its proximity to the Parvati River makes it a most preferred stay for those who love to spend their vacation amid nature.
Location: Manikaran Rd, Kasol, Himachal Pradesh 175105
Amenities: Parking, Bonfire, Music , In-house restaurant
Activities: Trekking, Cycling, Fishing and Mountaineering
Price: Starts from INR 500
6. Mahadev River View Camps
As the name suggests, Mahadev River View Camps are known for offering astounding sights of the Parvati River and the surrounding lush green valley. It is located at a walkable distance from the city centre and is a perfect escape for adventure freaks. They offer various stay options including luxurious tents and even affordable camps. Don’t forget to taste scrumptious local delicacies served here! This is one of the most preferred camps in Kasol.
Location: 1.1 kilometre from Kasol city centre
Amenities: In-house restaurant, river view
Price: Starts from INR 1900
7. Aman Camps
Disclaimer: The image is for representation purposes only.
For those looking for a camp site located amidst gorgeous ambiance then Aman Camps can be a perfect stay for you. You can capture the panoramic beauty of Kasol from these comfortable and safe campsites having all the modern amenities you would be expecting on your camping vacay! The in-house restaurant offers flavoursome Indian as well as international cuisines.
Location: Old Kasol
Amenities: On-site restaurant, hot spring bath, parking
Things To Do Besides Camping In Kasol Himachal Pradesh
Located in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh, Kasol is famous for camping and hiking. However, this scenic hamlet offers several other options for travellers to enjoy their vacation to the fullest.
1. Trekking In Kheerganga
For adventure seekers, there is nothing more enthralling than trekking through the terrains of Kheerganga Valley. Perched at an altitude of about 9,500 feet and at the extreme end of River Parvati, Kheerganga is an offbeat trekking destination. Trekking along snow peaked mountains is arguably the best thing to do besides Riverside camping in Kasol.
Approx trekking distance: Around 26 km
Starting point of the trek: Tosh
Difficulty level: Easy
Highest point of the trek: 10,065 feet
Suggested Read: Two Girls On A Trip To Kasol And Kheerganga
2. Indulge In Israeli Food
Kasol is largely inhabited by Israelis, therefore, it is also fondly called as “Mini Israel” of Himachal Pradesh. So, make sure you try some great authentic dishes from Israeli cuisine like Falafel, Bourekas, Tabbouleh, Shakshuka and Schnitzel. Furthermore, the desserts at the German bakeries will definitely soothe your palette. Some of the best five cafes you just cannot miss out are:
- Freedom Cafe: Popular for its masala chai and coffee, this cafe will leave you amazed with its blend of trippy music and serenity. An excellent dining option that is open for 24 hours.
- The Evergreen Cafe: This is the oldest one and a perfect hotel for fine dining. Electrifying trance music, outdoor dining area and trippy vibe makes this cafe a preferred option.
- Stone Garden Cafe: A favourite among foreign tourists, this cafe is must-visit to savour the delicious Israeli cuisines and lip-smacking coffee. The cafe also serves alcohol.
- Jim Morrison Cafe: The Shakes and Waffles served by this cafe are to die for. The food is vegetarian here and the music is hypnotic.
- Buddha Place: A peaceful cafe with awesome views of the beauty of Kasol. Come here for coffee, maggie, and Nutella banana crepe, they are tempting.
Suggested Read: 15 Treks Near Kasol: Tread The Best Of Himalayan Trails In 2022
3. Shopping at Flea markets
Have good bargaining skills? Great! There are plenty of quirky shops in Kasol that will make you pack your bag with some interesting stuff to carry back home. The city’s colourful flea market is truly a shopaholics paradise. Here you can find Chillums, Bongs, Bob Marley T-shirts, traditional handicrafts, handmade goods, Himachali caps, dream catchers, bracelets, necklaces, pendants, trinkets, semi-precious stones, etc. So, get ready to brush your bargaining skills as they will be put to use.
Suggested Read: Why Kasol Is Not An Ideal Weekend Getaway
Tips For Camping In Kasol
- Make sure to book your tour packages in advance to avoid any kind of hassles
- The ideal duration for experiencing camping in Kasol is a minimum of 3 days
- While camping and trekking, carry only light weight things that are truly necessary
- Carry sturdy shoes with you for camping and trekking
- Camping is not really recommended for families traveling with kids
Winters from November to February is the best time for camping in Kasol
- Make sure you carry some warm clothes with you as the temperature here in winter gets colder in the evening
- Don’t miss out on the Isareli food and coffee while you are in Kasol for a vacation
Best Time For Camping In Kasol
If you are longing to experience the thrill and fun of camping amidst snow-capped mountains, winters (from November to February) is the best time for camping in Kasol. The period is also perfect for people looking forward to soak in the unspoiled beauty of nature.
How To Reach Kasol
- Air: Kullu Manali Airport or Bhuntar Airport is the closest airport to Kasol. If you are taking a flight from Delhi to Kasol, then it may cost you between INR 5000 to INR 7000/- depending on your booking date.
- Train: Since Kasol doesn’t have its own railway station, you will have to get off at Joginder Nagar railway station, which is approximately 144 km from Kasol. From there you can either hire a cab to Kasol or take up a bus, which will again cost you around INR 2000 to 3000/-.
- Bus: There are frequent buses from Kashmiri Gate ISBT in Delhi travelling to Kasol. The most popular being the semi-sleeper Volvos, which charge you around INR 1000 to 1500 per person. These buses operate only till Bhuntar, and from there you will have to take another bus or hire a cab.
Now, that we have shared enough information about camping in Kasol, pack your bags and embark on a beautiful holiday trip to Kasol and lose yourself in the lap of nature. Kasol is a must-visit once in lifetime to experience camping at reasonable prices, an experience to be endured with your friends and create memories for a lifetime!
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Please Note: Any information published by TravelTriangle in any form of content is not intended to be a substitute for any kind of medical advice, and one must not take any action before consulting a professional medical expert of their own choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About Camping In Kasol
Which are the best treks are available in Kasol under lowest prices?
Camping and Trekking in Kasol are the two famous activities and there are plenty of campsites offering pocket-friendly camping packages. Some of the best treks are available in Kasol under lowest prices are Tosh Valley Trek, Kheerganga Trek With Camping, Sar Pass Trek, Pin Parvati Pass and Trekking to Malana.
Which are the best Cafes in Kasol?
It is hardly difficult to categories the best Cafes in Kasol, however, Riverview Cafe, Moon Dance Cafe, Stone Garden Cafe, Buddha Place and Jim Morrison Cafe are highly recommended ones.
What are the best resorts in Kasol for a comfortable stay?
If you are looking for affordable resorts in Kasol below INR 3,500, then Brick And Wood Cottages, Parvati Kuteer and Hotel Royal Palace are the best to check in. If you don’t mind spending more money, then choose between Hotel Sandhya or The Himalayan Village offering accommodations facilities starting from INR 3,500 to INR 10,600.
Which are the best places to visit near Kasol?
Some of the famous tourist places near Kasol within 100 km radius are Malana (22 km), Kheerganga (22 km), Bhuntar (32 km), Manali (74 km) and Gulaba Rohtang Pass (95 km).
What is Kasol known for?
The picturesque hamlet of Kasol is highly appreciated for its challenging trekking trails of various lengths and levels of difficulty. Besides Kasol is also famous for its roaring rivers, mountain sighting, flavorsome food and friendly people. A trip to this haven will not only rejuvenate your sense but connects your with nature.
Which is better Manali or Kasol?
With classic blend of culture, nature, and adventure, both Manali and Kasol are the two famous destinations in Himachal Pradesh. Kasol is a place for adventurous activities like hiking and trekking, whereas, Manali is a destination for sightseeing and enjoying the surreal beauty of nature. Also, Kasol offers affordable accommodation facilities while Manali is quite expensive when it comes to booking hotels and resorts.
People Also Read